Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,807 members, 7,820,831 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:46 PM

Do You Eat Your Meat/Fish During Or After The Meal? - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Do You Eat Your Meat/Fish During Or After The Meal? (9360 Views)

Scary: Which Of These Would You Eat For #50,000? / Can You Eat Your Dead-by-nature Livestock? / Why Do Poeple Eat More Chicken Than Fish During Christmas (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do You Eat Your Meat/Fish During Or After The Meal? by ChEkWaSIyKe(f): 3:10pm On Oct 07, 2013
Hi everyone, this is just a fun thread

When I was a child, I could remember when eating with my siblings the meat or fish is shared after we finish eating.

Now I've grown up and no longer do such that again. I eat my meat or fish when eating the meal and most times I finish the meat/fish before the meal.

However, eating in public places and with friends, I've observed lots of people leave their meat/fish for the last. As in, they settle down, wash their hands or ask for fork/knife and devour the meat/fish as if it's a separate meal on it's own grin

So share ur experience: Do you eat your meat/fish after the meal? If Yes, why?
Re: Do You Eat Your Meat/Fish During Or After The Meal? by funkybaby(f): 11:38am On Oct 09, 2013
does it really matter

i wonder why/how people pay attention to such irrelevant things.

5 Likes

Re: Do You Eat Your Meat/Fish During Or After The Meal? by woky: 11:38am On Oct 09, 2013
i dnt eat any

2 Likes

Re: Do You Eat Your Meat/Fish During Or After The Meal? by Samsantos9: 11:38am On Oct 09, 2013
I forgot to open my browser let me open it and then comment.
Re: Do You Eat Your Meat/Fish During Or After The Meal? by sexymoma(f): 11:39am On Oct 09, 2013
During And After....
I eat one spoon, i eat small meat/fish
I carry one swallow, i eat small meat/fish
Then Finally; if it soup i use ma meat/ fish to wipe the soup from the plate.

12 Likes

Re: Do You Eat Your Meat/Fish During Or After The Meal? by taiyesoul(f): 11:39am On Oct 09, 2013
NO,ME I KEEP D MEAT FOR MY RAT TO CHOP! grin grin grin

4 Likes

Re: Do You Eat Your Meat/Fish During Or After The Meal? by Nobody: 11:39am On Oct 09, 2013
Nairaland is really dull today.

I mean this made frontpage?

1 Like

Re: Do You Eat Your Meat/Fish During Or After The Meal? by LajaLaba: 11:40am On Oct 09, 2013
Re: Do You Eat Your Meat/Fish During Or After The Meal? by onitj: 11:41am On Oct 09, 2013
Click like If you think this thread is meaningless and inconsequential...

6 Likes

Re: Do You Eat Your Meat/Fish During Or After The Meal? by alabosian(m): 11:43am On Oct 09, 2013
Bi ifa le ree
Re: Do You Eat Your Meat/Fish During Or After The Meal? by Nobody: 11:43am On Oct 09, 2013
We hv discuss dis b4 na for hia. Anyway my mama teach say if my belle don full,i go con chop fish or meat.I hope i don answer ur quastion.
Re: Do You Eat Your Meat/Fish During Or After The Meal? by ItsUncleDee(m): 11:43am On Oct 09, 2013
When u eat d meat/fish last u ar balancing the equation...but when u eat d meat first d food go tire u chop...naso

1 Like

Re: Do You Eat Your Meat/Fish During Or After The Meal? by ylaa(f): 11:43am On Oct 09, 2013
As a child my mama will make us finish the food before eating the meat or fish. But as an adult I go for my fish first but must remain some incase someone wants to join me.
Re: Do You Eat Your Meat/Fish During Or After The Meal? by IAMBREEZY: 11:44am On Oct 09, 2013
cryAnd what's this thread all about,boring
Re: Do You Eat Your Meat/Fish During Or After The Meal? by oluwaju1lo(m): 11:44am On Oct 09, 2013
as d spirit direct.

1 Like

Re: Do You Eat Your Meat/Fish During Or After The Meal? by iLLiE(m): 11:45am On Oct 09, 2013
After i sh¡.t out the food undecided
Re: Do You Eat Your Meat/Fish During Or After The Meal? by Blackteeth(m): 11:45am On Oct 09, 2013
What kind of topics are making front page these?
Re: Do You Eat Your Meat/Fish During Or After The Meal? by Nobody: 11:45am On Oct 09, 2013
MODs, if you don't have other more important topics to bring to the front page.. Better don't bring any.. Which kind topic is this?.

Back to the matter, I leave my meat till after I'm done eating. It's been ingrained in me, nigerian mentality. I was brought up with a eating habit that meat are meant to be eaten lastly cos they're the OATT(oga at the top).

I wish I can stop, but I can't...

But I really think it's because the meat is usually like one or two, so we tend to leave it till the end of the meal in order to enjoy it well; if the average masses do have surplus meats to themselves on every meal like our very rich elites, the tradition will stop

3 Likes

Re: Do You Eat Your Meat/Fish During Or After The Meal? by Nobody: 11:46am On Oct 09, 2013
I do both apparently.

But let me share with u a conversation btw a prostitute and a man;

Prostitute: Oga you wan do?

Man: yes, if only u go do am like my wife.

Prostitute: no problem, how she dey do am?

Man: she dey do am for free.

grin grin grin

4 Likes

Re: Do You Eat Your Meat/Fish During Or After The Meal? by ewizard1: 11:46am On Oct 09, 2013
sexymoma: During And After....
I eat one spoon, i eat small meat/fish
I carry one swallow, i eat small meat/fish
Then Finally; if it soup i use ma meat/ fish to wipe the soup from the plate.

Exactly how i do here grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Do You Eat Your Meat/Fish During Or After The Meal? by babe4chi(f): 11:46am On Oct 09, 2013
After I finish eating... That's the way I enjoy eating my food! cheesy cheesy
Re: Do You Eat Your Meat/Fish During Or After The Meal? by kezyuzoeto(m): 11:47am On Oct 09, 2013
Blackberry tourch1 for sell at a giv away price
Its neatly used and sound...contact kizito @
07033171485.#lagos
Re: Do You Eat Your Meat/Fish During Or After The Meal? by woky: 11:48am On Oct 09, 2013
ChEkWaS IyKe :

I eat my meat or fish when eating the meal and most times I finish the meat/fish before the meal.
long throat.. D meat/fish dy run.. Seems u eat lyk Dog... Bingo!
Re: Do You Eat Your Meat/Fish During Or After The Meal? by Nobody: 11:48am On Oct 09, 2013
Before the meal. grin.I don't have patience for proteins. angry

1 Like

Re: Do You Eat Your Meat/Fish During Or After The Meal? by donphilopus: 11:48am On Oct 09, 2013
I can even eat my meat/fish before i start eating the real meal, but i do all together..
But wen ah dey skul who dash me crayfish not 2 talk of meat or fish..
Lolz
Re: Do You Eat Your Meat/Fish During Or After The Meal? by Qsscruz(m): 11:48am On Oct 09, 2013
Well it depends on the type of meat..
1.The rubber- like ones(half-cooked)..I take my time to eat it after the meal cos the chewing takes the same length of time used for eating.
2.The well cooked ones.. I eat it before or with the food in my mouth(for rice Only).
3.For fishes.. I take it bit by bit till it i start looking for it.

1 Like

Re: Do You Eat Your Meat/Fish During Or After The Meal? by ksam(m): 11:48am On Oct 09, 2013
It depends on the quantity of meat,,if the meat is much, i do eat it together with the food and leave the last piece for the later,but if am eating rice,,the last spoon will contain the rice nd the meat...
Re: Do You Eat Your Meat/Fish During Or After The Meal? by iamswizz(m): 11:50am On Oct 09, 2013
Thist is the 5th time this question is making frontpage.. Na wa o
Re: Do You Eat Your Meat/Fish During Or After The Meal? by moneybag100: 11:52am On Oct 09, 2013
Why this forum like repeating thread on front page..this was also discussed last to 2 years back....
If una no get better news update for front pages...you should stop duplicating thread.
Lazy mods!!
Re: Do You Eat Your Meat/Fish During Or After The Meal? by esbjaygmailco(m): 11:52am On Oct 09, 2013
i eat mine on okada

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How To Enjoy Alcohol Without Getting Drunk / Exchanging Food During Christmas: You Like? / Collard Green

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.