Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,709 members, 7,820,490 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:47 PM

Ask Me Questions On 2015 Elections, The APC And The Future Of Nigeria - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ask Me Questions On 2015 Elections, The APC And The Future Of Nigeria (14078 Views)

2015 Presidential Elections: The Voice Of Man, Prophecies Or Guess Work / President Jonathan Releases Statement On 2015 Presidential Election Result / Jega Must Conduct 2015 Elections- The Punch Newpapers Editorial (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ask Me Questions On 2015 Elections, The APC And The Future Of Nigeria by Nobody: 7:57am On Dec 24, 2013
A number of you already know that I am an unapologetic active member of the APC. It is my duty therefore, as an active member of this forum to clear the air on the coming intrigues as we approach the 2015 elections. I want to engage you, I want us to discuss ideas as it concerns our dear country. This is not the time to hurl invectives and vituperations on one another, it is not the time to talk about our ethnic differences. This is a time to discuss a future of Nigeria that concerns you and I. Keep the questions coming. It is going to be fun! Here are some leads:

- What does the APC stand for? What are their chances in 2015? What are our ideologies? What is the future of Nigeria come 2015? etc Bring it on!

1 Like

Re: Ask Me Questions On 2015 Elections, The APC And The Future Of Nigeria by OrlandoOwoh(m): 8:00am On Dec 24, 2013
Why is the APC trying to woo people like IBB, OBJ and their likes? Does this not rob the party, as Wole Soyinka observes, of its "sincerity"?

1 Like

Re: Ask Me Questions On 2015 Elections, The APC And The Future Of Nigeria by Nobody: 8:07am On Dec 24, 2013
Orlando Owoh: Why is the APC trying to woo people like IBB, OBJ and their likes? Does this not rob the party, as Wole Soyinka observes, of its "sincerity"?

Good question. The media reports it as wooing, but technically it is not. The visit to the likes of IBB, Abdulsalam, etc does not rob the party. It is part of our strategy to tap from those who were Nigeria's founding leaders. These people know much more than we do in the game of power. They are angered by the way Jonathan has mismanaged Nigeria, actively working to balkanize the country, stealing billions of dollars and helping his cronies steal crude oil daily. We agree that none of these leaders are perfect, they have numerous faults of theirs, however, when we see evil so great staring at us, we must align with those who understand power and the game of politics at that level.

Secondly, politics as you know is a game of numbers, we want to win the north by all means, we don't want the Jonathanians to even get 5% of the votes from the north, which historically have shown to be more participatory in the voting process than any other region in the country.

6 Likes

Re: Ask Me Questions On 2015 Elections, The APC And The Future Of Nigeria by Nobody: 8:09am On Dec 24, 2013
Sir, its good you kept to your promise of opening a discussion thread to discuss the future of APC. I strongly advise you ignore derailers who will invade this thread and hurl insults.

Its no longer a rumor about the romance of APC with Aminu Tambuwal. Its also rumoured that he might be the presidential flag bearer of APC because of his age. I want to know who's likely to get more support between Buhari and Tambuwal as a presidential candidate. undecided

Secondly, what plans does APC have to sensitize the SE to accept the party?

1 Like

Re: Ask Me Questions On 2015 Elections, The APC And The Future Of Nigeria by holyvirgin: 8:09am On Dec 24, 2013
Is it true that once any corrupt individual joins APC he automatically becomes a saint?
Why is the APC welcoming most politicians who in the past were known molesters and thiefing bastards disregarded by most Nigerians?

Finally why have you agreed to belittle yourself by being arepresentative of a disgusting party such as APC on Nairaland? How much where you paid again?

21 Likes

Re: Ask Me Questions On 2015 Elections, The APC And The Future Of Nigeria by jamace(m): 8:15am On Dec 24, 2013
grin grin grin
Re: Ask Me Questions On 2015 Elections, The APC And The Future Of Nigeria by Nobody: 8:27am On Dec 24, 2013
holyvirgin: Is it true that once any corrupt individual joins APC he automatically becomes a saint?
Why is the APC welcoming most politicians who in the past were known molesters and thiefing bastards disregarded by most Nigerians?

Finally why have you agreed to belittle yourself by being arepresentative of a disgusting party such as APC on Nairaland? How much where you paid again?

If you examine those that are now in our party, you will agree with me that majority of them are loved by their people. One example is governor Amaechi. His good works speaks for itself, it is there for all to see. We want progressives in the party, we want a party that will be synonymous with development and progress. Not all APC politicians are saints, I agree we have bad eggs...but you must understand that no system is perfect, when the APC gets power at the center, corrupt APC members will be prosecuted and due process will be followed. The bulk of people OBJ prosecuted for corruption when he was in power were not opposition party members, they were faithful and loyal members of the PDP. Same thing goes on anywhere in the world including the US. The most important thing is for our justice system to work efficiently.

PS: I won't answer to invectives and vituperations as earlier stated. I am only discussing ideas on this thread.

20 Likes

Re: Ask Me Questions On 2015 Elections, The APC And The Future Of Nigeria by holyvirgin: 8:29am On Dec 24, 2013
cramjones:

Good question. The media reports it as wooing, but technically it is not. The visit to the likes of IBB, Abdulsalam, etc does not rob the party. It is part of our strategy to tap from those who were Nigeria's founding leaders. These people know much more than we do in the game of power.

we don't want the Jonathanians to even get 5% of the votes from the north, which historically have shown to be more participatory in the voting process than any other region in the country.
Nigeria's founding fathers indeed! The likes of Atiku, Obasanjo, IBB, Tinubu and all are the people APC deem fit to recognise as "fathers"? people you and I know their history and how they mismanaged every resources they were elected to manage? You are pathetic

Lastly the likes of you nor northern politicians cannot stop GEJ from getting votes over here come 2015. Northern muslims cannot speak the minds of the christians come 2015

29 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ask Me Questions On 2015 Elections, The APC And The Future Of Nigeria by apoti(m): 8:29am On Dec 24, 2013
I can forsee loads of insults fron GEJ azzlickers on this thread grin

Now to my question. I've always supported APC from day one. But to be honest I'm getting a worried about how the mass defection from PDP who are corrupt by nature. Also visits to IBB, OBJ and others who are obviously part of Nigeria's problems is worrisome.
Won't these moves compromise the APC's ideologies and show that the party is desperate for power at all cost
Re: Ask Me Questions On 2015 Elections, The APC And The Future Of Nigeria by jmaine: 8:32am On Dec 24, 2013
cramjones:

Good question. The media reports it as wooing, but technically it is not. The visit to the likes of IBB, Abdulsalam, etc does not rob the party. It is part of our strategy to tap from those who were Nigeria's founding leaders. These people know much more than we do in the game of power. They are angered by the way Jonathan has mismanaged Nigeria, actively working to balkanize the country, stealing billions of dollars and helping his cronies steal crude oil daily. We agree that none of these leaders are perfect, they have numerous faults of theirs, however, when we see evil so great staring at us, we must align with those who understand power and the game of politics at that level.

Secondly, politics as you know is a game of numbers, we want to win the north by all means, we don't want the Jonathanians to even get 5% of the votes from the north, which historically have shown to be more participatory in the voting process than any other region in the country.

Can you list this experience you hope to tap from the likes of social rejects like OBJ, Atiku, IBB et al.,

2) Do you feel the defecting politician have the ability to remotely control how the populace vote

3) Does your unachievable 5% mission include, Plateau, Kwara, Kogi,Kaduna, Taraba, Adamawa, Benue, Gombe, and even the FCT.

4) What are the chances of the APC to challenge GEJ strong holds in the South.

5) What are the projections of the APC to capture the youths than disgruntled old rejected politicians who can't decide how elections are won this days cos of fair electoral processes.

6) Who do you feel is capable of sweeping the whole North as envisaged by you. Buhari ?

7) What will happen when the traditional founding members of the APC vigorously resist the handing over of their structure to the latest invading brides from the PDP. E.g Sokoto, Kano, and recently Adamawa.

cool Do you feel Amaechi the orphaned politician can steal votes for the APC when the crunch time arrives.

9) How do you hope to convince Nigerians you are the change you proclaim to be when you are busy chasing,wooing and running to the same set of people you desire to dislodge.

10) What is the ideological difference between the APC and the PDP . . .

Thanks as you provide detailed answers to my Questions.

God bless you. . . .

24 Likes

Re: Ask Me Questions On 2015 Elections, The APC And The Future Of Nigeria by Nobody: 8:34am On Dec 24, 2013
Seems my first question is difficult to answer. grin
My second question is what plans does APC have to make SE accept the party? Are there plans for sensitized programmes just as what was seen in Rivers state yesterday?

1 Like

Re: Ask Me Questions On 2015 Elections, The APC And The Future Of Nigeria by jmaine: 8:38am On Dec 24, 2013
cramjones:

If you examine those that are now in our party, you will agree with me that majority of them are loved by their people. One example is governor Amaechi. His good works speaks for itself, it is there for all to see. We want progressives in the party, we want a party that will be synonymous with development and progress. Not all APC politicians are saints, I agree we have bad eggs...but you must understand that no system is perfect, when the APC gets power at the center, corrupt APC members will be prosecuted and due process will be followed. The bulk of people OBJ prosecuted for corruption when he was in power were not opposition party members, they were faithful and loyal members of the PDP. Same thing goes on anywhere in the world including the US. The most important thing is for our justice system to work efficiently.

PS: I won't answer to invectives and vituperations as earlier stated. I am only discussing ideas on this thread.

You mean those politicians and groups who refused to support his third term agenda . . .

While political Godfathers like Uba and Adedibu were running Amok with full backing of OBJ.

what a justice system model the APC is seeking to adopt and foist on Nigerians . . .

1 Like

Re: Ask Me Questions On 2015 Elections, The APC And The Future Of Nigeria by idupaul: 8:44am On Dec 24, 2013
Cram Jones how does APC hope to balance Tinubu's alpha male nature and penchant for total control of followers ..E./G kick backs to bourdillon from all govt officials elected under the platform of the APC

5 Likes

Re: Ask Me Questions On 2015 Elections, The APC And The Future Of Nigeria by Nobody: 8:44am On Dec 24, 2013
jmaine:

You mean those politicians and groups who refused to support his third term agenda . . .

While political Godfathers like Uba and Adedibu were running Amok with full backing of OBJ.

what a justice system model the APC is seeking to adopt and foist on Nigerians . . .

I only used OBJ as an example, it does not imply we are adopting his model. We want to build a justice system that cannot be bought by greedy politicians. One that will work for all Nigerians irrespective of who you are...Just watch and see

4 Likes

Re: Ask Me Questions On 2015 Elections, The APC And The Future Of Nigeria by DrOBD(m): 8:45am On Dec 24, 2013
Hmm, nice one FFK
Re: Ask Me Questions On 2015 Elections, The APC And The Future Of Nigeria by Nobody: 8:47am On Dec 24, 2013
berem: Seems my first question is difficult to answer. grin
My second question is what plans does APC have to make SE accept the party? Are there plans for sensitized programmes just as what was seen in Rivers state yesterday?

We want an all inclusive Nigeria. However, we don't think we will get much votes from the South-South and South-East for obvious reasons. Nevertheless, we are sure to win the whole of South-West, the North and at least half of the middle belt. The Jonathanians can't beat that, and mark my word there would be no rigging in these regions. The Federal government knows they can't try that!

5 Likes

Re: Ask Me Questions On 2015 Elections, The APC And The Future Of Nigeria by OrlandoOwoh(m): 8:48am On Dec 24, 2013
Whoever that derails this thread, mma ya.

1 Like

Re: Ask Me Questions On 2015 Elections, The APC And The Future Of Nigeria by jmaine: 8:50am On Dec 24, 2013
cramjones:

I only used OBJ as an example, it does not imply we are adopting his model. We want to build a justice system that cannot be bought by greedy politicians. One that will work for all Nigerians irrespective of who you are...Just watch and see

But you went to OBJ to seek for advice as a concerned Nigerian appalled by the "devilish and tyrannical" GEJ.

Why seek for an advice from someone whose style doesn't augur well with what you desire. grin

1 Like

Re: Ask Me Questions On 2015 Elections, The APC And The Future Of Nigeria by Nobody: 8:51am On Dec 24, 2013
we the youth of today have no sense at all.
instead of plotting ways to stone them out of politics,we are here planning for them how to successfully and administratively loot us dry.
mtttchhhooooeennu

1 Like

Re: Ask Me Questions On 2015 Elections, The APC And The Future Of Nigeria by Nobody: 8:53am On Dec 24, 2013
idupaul: Cram Jones how does APC hope to balance Tinubu's alpha male nature and penchant for total control of followers ..E./G kick backs to bourdillon from all govt officials elected under the platform of the APC

The good thing about the APC is that the power structure is decentralized. We don't have an all-powerful-dictator type of leadership. Remember we have a lot of independent no-nonsense men such as Nuhu Ribadu, Mallam Nasir El-Rufai etc.

One thing you cannot take from the APC is that we have men that have impacted Nigeria positively. Till today the world celebrates Mallam Nuhu Ribadu. If not for Nasir El-Rufai, Abuja would have been a city without pride. Check out Lagos and Fashola, etc...There is no doubt that we have men that would drive Nigeria in the direction it needs to go. I can tell you if you made Nasir FCT minister for 10 years..Abuja would certainly be among the world's top 10 cities. We all know how it declined when he left. We all know how EFCC became toothless when Mallam Ribadu left.

7 Likes

Re: Ask Me Questions On 2015 Elections, The APC And The Future Of Nigeria by jmaine: 8:54am On Dec 24, 2013
cramjones:

We want an all inclusive Nigeria. However, we don't think we will get much votes from the South-South and South-East for obvious reasons. However, we are sure to win the Whole of South-West, the North and at least half of the middle belt. The Jonathanians can't beat that, and mark my word there would be no rigging in these regions. The Federal government knows they can't try that!

By "whole" do you mean over 90-100% in Lagos, Ogun, Ondo,Oyo, Osun and Ekiti ? undecided

3 Likes

Re: Ask Me Questions On 2015 Elections, The APC And The Future Of Nigeria by Brimmie(m): 8:55am On Dec 24, 2013
Guys please be mature for once.. At least on this thread. No derailing! Mods please help us hide some comments.

CramJones, can you please answer Berem's questions.. The one she asked about Tambuwal and Buhari??

I 'll come back with my own questions.

1 Like

Re: Ask Me Questions On 2015 Elections, The APC And The Future Of Nigeria by egift(m): 8:56am On Dec 24, 2013
berem: Seems my first question is difficult to answer. grin
Let me contribute to your second question:
In the SE (like the rest of the country), the APC will keep expanding its membership drive, consultations, sensitization programmes and presenting its plans, policies and programmes to the people.

To build a united, strong, empowered and progressive Nigeria is our aim. I believe together we can.

1 Like

Re: Ask Me Questions On 2015 Elections, The APC And The Future Of Nigeria by Nobody: 8:58am On Dec 24, 2013
cramjones:

We want an all inclusive Nigeria. However, we don't think we will get much votes from the South-South and South-East for obvious reasons. However, we are sure to win the whole of South-West, the North and at least half of the middle belt. The Jonathanians can't beat that, and mark my word there would be no rigging in these regions. The Federal government knows they can't try that!
...and what are the obvious reasons? Rigging formula and/or the people are just being brainwashed by ethnic and religious sentiments as what happened in Anambra? I think so. But still yet,there's no harm in trying to make the people see reasons why they need APC.

1 Like

Re: Ask Me Questions On 2015 Elections, The APC And The Future Of Nigeria by Nobody: 8:58am On Dec 24, 2013
jmaine:

But you went to OBJ to seek for advice as a concerned Nigerian appalled by the "devilish and tyrannical" GEJ.

Why seek for an advice from someone whose style doesn't augur well with what you desire. grin

OBJ was not a perfect leader, but for a leader to lead Nigeria right after a dictatorial regim and help bring Nigeria to what it was in 2007. You have no option but to give kudos to the man. Everyone knows that Nigeria was in the upward trend till OBJ made the wrong choice of foisting Yar'adua and Jonathan. Now see what Nigeria has become. We are now the 13th largest producer of oil down from 6th position in the world. We are being ruled by a diabolical president, that wants you to believe he is humble! Jonathan is wicked, he is bringing down Nigeria right before our eyes.

10 Likes

Re: Ask Me Questions On 2015 Elections, The APC And The Future Of Nigeria by Nobody: 9:01am On Dec 24, 2013
egift: Let me contribute to your second question:
In the SE (like the rest of the country), the APC will keep expanding its membership drive, consultations, sensitization programmes and presenting its plans, policies and programmes to the people.

To build a united, strong, empowered and progressive Nigeria is our aim. I believe together we can.
well said! I expected cramjones to say this instead of those words of discouragement. Smh embarassed

1 Like

Re: Ask Me Questions On 2015 Elections, The APC And The Future Of Nigeria by Brimmie(m): 9:04am On Dec 24, 2013
Re: Ask Me Questions On 2015 Elections, The APC And The Future Of Nigeria by Nobody: 9:04am On Dec 24, 2013
berem: ...and what are the obvious reasons? Rigging formula and/or the people are just being brainwashed by ethnic and religious sentiments as what happened in Anambra? I think so. But still yet,there's no harm in trying to make the people see reasons why they need APC.

We are definitely going to campaign there, but like I said we don't expect to win in that region because their leaders have fed lies to them, saying APC is a muslim party and anti-indigbo. We all know that is all lies. However, the votes we will get there would not compare by any metric to the votes jonathan will get in the South-West and North, that is even if he will get any. No matter the amount of money the spend on Northern leaders, they will only pocket it and support the APC. This time the North is resolute not to seed its interest for material gain.

6 Likes

Re: Ask Me Questions On 2015 Elections, The APC And The Future Of Nigeria by Chamackh(m): 9:06am On Dec 24, 2013
cramjones:

We want an all inclusive Nigeria. However, we don't think we will get much votes from the South-South and South-East for obvious reasons. However, we are sure to win the whole of South-West, the North and at least half of the middle belt. The Jonathanians can't beat that, and mark my word there would be no rigging in these regions. The Federal government knows they can't try that!
So because you are not sure of winning South East and South, so no measures are put in place for sensitization? ( 2) Must APC field a Northern candidate for 2015 presidential election? Please @Elrufai answer my question. Thanks
Re: Ask Me Questions On 2015 Elections, The APC And The Future Of Nigeria by egift(m): 9:10am On Dec 24, 2013
On who the Party's candidate will be, APC as a party will at the right time go through the process of electing the party's flag bearer. Speculating now is just a waste of time.

But do expect a team capable of moving the nation forward in all front.

1 Like

Re: Ask Me Questions On 2015 Elections, The APC And The Future Of Nigeria by Nobody: 9:10am On Dec 24, 2013
Chamackh: So because you are not sure of winning South East and South, so no measures are put in place for sensitization? ( 2) Must APC field a Northern candidate for 2015 presidential election? Please @Elrufai answer my question. Thanks

Imo people are happy with Rochas, we have a good support base in Anambara. These two states already make up at least 40% of the voter population in the South-East...We will certainly do our best there, but we know that ethnic politics will be played out by the PDP at the end. This is just the sad fact.

3 Likes

Re: Ask Me Questions On 2015 Elections, The APC And The Future Of Nigeria by Nobody: 9:10am On Dec 24, 2013
cramjones:

We are definitely going to campaign there, but like I said we don't expect to win in that region because there leaders have fed lies to them, saying APC is a muslim party and anti-indigbo. We all know that is all lies. However, the votes we will get there would not compare by any metric to the votes jonathan will get in the South-West and North, that is even if he will get any. No matter the amount of money they spend on Northern leaders, they will only pocket it and support the APC. This time the North is resolute not to seed its interest for material gain.
I have always known this. Thanks for confirming it. The release of Maj. Hamza Al-Mustapha comes to mind cool

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply)

23 INEC Officials Arrested During Rivers Rerun Appear In Court In Abuja(pics) / President Muhammadu Buhari Approves N5b For Research In Tertiary Institutions / Live! President Goodluck Ebele Jonathan In A Media Chat On N. T. A

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.