Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,187 members, 7,815,143 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:07 AM

What Does Christmas Means To You? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Does Christmas Means To You? (1454 Views)

What Does Christmas Mean To You? / What It Means To Be "born Again"! / What Does Christmas Mean To You? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Does Christmas Means To You? by pendusky(m): 9:52am On Dec 24, 2013
TOMORROW is the D-Day for (Most) Christians all over the world to celebrate Jesus Christ the Son of God whom HE promised to Sent to save mankind. The Piece below shows my own reasons and what Christmas means to me as a christian. Please Lets us know your own view... Thanks

Christmas was all about fun as I knew it then as a child. My siblings and I would think of new cloths, toys, shoes, and Christmas trees and lighting that mummy would buy and it’s going to be fun all season long at amusement parks with Santa Claus and eateries. It’s a season of exchanging cards and gifts to our neighbors and friends it’s always seemed churlish to refuse invitations to family friend’s houses during this season.

To me then, Christmas was nothing but fun.I understood then that it was all about Jesus’ birthday, but “where is Jesus to celebrate His birthday with us and to blow His candle lights”? I would asked Mum and Dad, “Because He is in Heaven watching you celebrating Him” was always their reply.

Each year passed by and I realized the reason for Christmas was far more than what I was thinking of as a child.

Christmas is a holiday sets aside by Christians generally on December 25, its commemorates the birth of Jesus, the central figure of Christianity.The date is not known to be the actual birthday of Jesus, and may have initially been chosen to correspond with either the day exactly nine months after some early Christians believed Jesus had been conceived, the date of the winter solstice on the ancient Roman calendar, or one of various ancient winter festivals.

To me; Christmas means joy in the City of David (Luke 2:11), It’s a season of extolling God with the multitude of the heavenly host (Luke 2:13), Christmas is a season of worship and thanksgiving (Matthew 2:11), It’s a season of Love (John 3:16) It’s a season of gifts giving its depicts the wise men gifts. (Matthew 2:11), It’s a season of Manifestation of God’s promise in our lives (Isaiah 7:14) Christmas is humility its depicts where Jesus was born. Christmas is caring; Christmas is in the air, is joy, Togetherness, peace, passionate, tender, its overwhelming wow. Christmas is a beautiful and colorful flower that blooms once in a year which dispels all fears, it unfurls a smile in the heart of the world. Christmas to me as a christian is inevitable, its inexorable event, its extricable, its awesome…Hurray!

Above all, Christmas is a season of rededicating our lives for a Saviour is born as it was was promised.

written by Pendusky

In Response to Our Pastors telling us the Xmas is Wrong:

Flash back Pastor Kumuyi was a Guest Minister at one of Edition of Akwa Ibom State #9999CarolSingers Christmas carol Night in Uyo is now telling us that carol singing and Christmas celebrations is wrong. Someone was asking me if his view comes because it was Oyedepo's turn to feature in this year's carol in Uyo? Seriously, I'm confused... http://9999carolsingers.com/index.php/about-us

Anyway If you feel Celebrating Christmas is a sin, Please dont Celebrate your own Birthday, Never Receive any Christmas Bonuses at your work place otherwise you are celebrating with us..

I want to specially wished everyone on NairaLand a Merry Christmas!!!

Shalom

Re: What Does Christmas Means To You? by Calebosko(m): 10:00am On Dec 24, 2013
Its a festive season,everybody crave for,even the iluminati,the world of wresling (WWE),football world and even all sector of living celebrate it,may b d exitement,may b d admospher,all contribute in making dis day,one of d bigest in history ........
This is My first time of giving coment,after four years of being a member in Nairaland...how many likes 4 me!! cheesy grin

1 Like

Re: What Does Christmas Means To You? by Enegod(m): 10:09am On Dec 24, 2013
Christmas is a chance for us to renew
what we should be all year round. Loving,
caring, sharing and understanding just
what Christ wanted us to find in ourselves
and promote in others. An opportunity to
rejuvenate our souls so we can be whole
again!
Re: What Does Christmas Means To You? by Akpan10(m): 10:32am On Dec 24, 2013
It means satanic to me

The christain faith would continue to be at war unless we come back to 'what the bible says'.apostle paul says in the book of col 3:17,that what so ever we do, IN WORDS OR DEEDS WE should do it in the NAME OF JESUS.
Now what does it mean to do something in the name of our lord jesus christ?
TO do something in the name of jesus simply means in the authority of jesus.
As christain, we should avoid doing something in our own authority,because the bible has reviewed it that, its only jesus christ authority we should follow.
Now the following reasons are why the celebration of XMAS is idolatrous, satanic, devilish, immoral and Contratry to the will of God.
1.The word 'CHRISTMAS' can NOT be found in any portion of the Bible.
2. It was initially a feast set up by idoltrous people in rome to worship the godess of the sun.The word 'MAS' STAND FOR SUN..And it was brought into xtianity by the roman catholic.
3. JESUS,when he was on earth and after his departure, no account was ever mentioned in the bible about the celebration of his birth, rather the only feast he asked us to celebrate was is death(matt 26:1ff,1cor 11-23-29,act 20-7)
3.Jesus said, we should not add or subtract from is word in revelation.so people adding xmas as a xtian feast thinking to honour God have done the greatest mistake, by blasphemy the word of God (THE UNFORGIVABLE SIN, according to the Bible)
4.If at all it was to be a christain celebration,should it have been celebrated as such?on the 25th of this month would record the most immoral day of the year.that day is when people would fornicate, die, steal to buy something for person.if i should ask? Who are they doing all of this for?GOD or DEVIL? Of cause it Can NOT be for God!
5. NO date was recorded at the time of jesus birth in the bible.so you see that the date was fixed by men. Search from page to page of the bible you would never see it
6.it does NOT have a particular day of celebration.
In some part of the word they celebrate it jan 6, april, 16 october and the rest of that.if i should ask.IS OUR God a God of confusion?certainly not but it individual that misinteprete the scripture for their selfish desire
WHAT PEOPLE NORMALLY AUGUE ABOUT
1.You do celebrate your birthday,right?So why don't you celebrate the birthday of christ?
ANSWER
JESUS CHRIST SAID WE SHOULD DO ALL THING IN HIS AUTHORITHY.SO WE DECIDING ON OUR OWN TO CELEBRATE HIM IS A SIN.BECAUSE YOU WOULD NEVER SEE A PORTION IN THE BIBLE THAT SAYS WE SHOULD CELEBRATE HIS BIRTH.
Have you not read the book of LUKE, that says,on this day was born the savior of the word?
Answer
before i answer that question i would like to ask you a question.
If your parant wrote on your birth cerficate that 'ON THIS DAY YOU WERE BORN' And no day,month and year was fixed.to be sincere friend, do you know your date of birth?NO
Now let me answer that question.that portion of the bible is only read by pastor only on the 25th of december.and when its read they would say it was that day.what happens when it read on 15 april or other days.
CONCLUSION,
I would advice that everY individual should come back to what the bible says.
NOTE:AM NOT a member of deeper life,BUT AM A MEMBER OF THE CHURCH OF CHRIST.
Do tune in to Mitv to listen to a sound gosphel every sun 7-7:30 am.
(
Re: What Does Christmas Means To You? by Presbulg(m): 10:52am On Dec 24, 2013
Na to chop chicken for the non-christian

(1) (Reply)

The Law Of Karma / His Dis Scriptural Or How Do Christian Come About It? / Jesus Was An Ugly Man Compared To Satan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.