Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,379 members, 7,836,541 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 09:37 AM

The Law Of Karma - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Law Of Karma (1455 Views)

Ever Happened To You? (Weird Coincidences, Synchronicity, Law Of Attraction). / Must Christians Observe The Law Of Moses? / Do You Believe In The Law Of Karma? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Law Of Karma by Nobody: 8:13pm On Jul 29, 2014
The law of karma simply defined according to Wikipedia refers to a principle of causality where intents and actions of an individual influence the future of that individual.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Karma

While I do not set out to dismiss or endorse the law, I intend to present three posers for thought and discourse.

1. If future actions of an individual are influenced by his previous actions, what influenced the individuals first action?

2. What is the basis for expressing sympathy for anyone? Using the abducted girls as an example, it can be argued using the law of karma that the girls are suffering from the consequences of previous actions. So, what's the need to show pity or compassion?

3. What's the basis of condemning an action. Using Shekau as an example, it can equally be argued using the law of karma that Shekau will eventually suffer the consequences of his actions. So, why bother condemn him?

Your thoughts please.
Re: The Law Of Karma by qstar(m): 8:37pm On Jul 29, 2014
Karma is a religious attempt to explain the randomness of events in this Universe.

The thing is, good and bad things happen to everybody. No god/law needed, just plain "luck".

2 Likes

Re: The Law Of Karma by Nobody: 8:51pm On Jul 29, 2014
qstar: Karma is a religious attempt to explain the randomness of events in this Universe.

The thing is, good and bad things happen to everybody. No god/law needed, just plain "luck".

I seem to agree with you. The law appears to either be overrated by its proponents or non-existent.
Re: The Law Of Karma by Dubby6(m): 8:57pm On Jul 29, 2014
Nemesis
Re: The Law Of Karma by qstar(m): 9:06pm On Jul 29, 2014
rationalmind:

I seem to agree with you. The law appears to either be overrated by its proponents or non-existent.

The law is useless. Human beings always wish there's a way we can control/govern/influence the "luck" factor. Hence, the God/Karma concept!

1 Like

Re: The Law Of Karma by Nobody: 9:08pm On Jul 29, 2014
Dubby6: Nemesis

Do you accept it as real?

If you do, what are your thoughts on the posers in the Op
Re: The Law Of Karma by mazaje(m): 9:16pm On Jul 29, 2014
rationalmind: The law of karma simply defined according to Wikipedia refers to a principle of causality where intents and actions of an individual influence the future of that individual.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Karma

While I do not set out to dismiss or endorse the law, I intend to present three posers for thought and discourse.

1. If future actions of an individual are influenced by his previous actions, what influenced the individuals first action?

2. What is the basis for expressing sympathy for anyone? Using the abducted girls as an example, it can be argued using the law of karma that the girls are suffering from the consequences of previous actions. So, what's the need to show pity or compassion?

3. What's the basis of condemning an action. Using Shekau as an example, it can equally be argued using the law of karma that Shekau will eventually suffer the consequences of his actions. So, why bother condemn him?

Your thoughts please.

Nice posers. . . .
Re: The Law Of Karma by qstar(m): 9:17pm On Jul 29, 2014
@rationalmind, The opposite question to your number 1 question would be:

®The endless loop of Karma. Karma preaches "Justice", but this "justice" must be incomplete.
e.g. If Elijah beheaded 400 humans(prophets of Baal), he'd have to reincarnate to get beheaded in order to pay for his atrocities. Whoever kills him, then needs another person to kill him too and so goes the balderdash.

Who's gonna kill the last person? why? and who's gonna kill him(the killer)?

2 Likes

Re: The Law Of Karma by Nobody: 9:31pm On Jul 29, 2014
mazaje:

Nice posers. . . .

Thanks cheesy
Re: The Law Of Karma by Nobody: 9:36pm On Jul 29, 2014
qstar: @rationalmind, The opposite question to your number 1 question would be:

®The endless loop of Karma. Karma preaches "Justice", but this "justice" must be incomplete.
e.g. If Elijah beheaded 400 humans(prophets of Baal), he'd have to reincarnate to get beheaded in order to pay for his atrocities. Whoever kills him, then needs another person to kill him too and so goes the balderdash.

grin Very Brilliant observation. The law seems to pose many questions than it answers.

Let's be patient and hope one of its proponents comes across this thread.

He/she might have a way of answering these endless questions
Re: The Law Of Karma by mazaje(m): 9:39pm On Jul 29, 2014
rationalmind:

grin Very Brilliant observation. The law seems to pose many questions than it answers.

Let's be patient and hope one of its proponents comes across this thread.

He/she might have a way of answering these endless questions

;

Do they ever answer anything?. . All they do is just dance around issues and that's all. . .

2 Likes

Re: The Law Of Karma by frank317: 9:48pm On Jul 29, 2014
I have argued over this wit friends. I don't believe karma exists. Humans just want it to exist because of their false sense of natural order of things.
If karmer exists then we are all guilty of every and deserve all bad things that happen to us.
If karma exists not what is the pay back for being good? Why do babies go through pain? Do they deserev it?
I think what people call karma is just their 'self fullfilled prophesy' playing on them

Every good man has an enemy praying for law of karma to get him anf every bad man has a friend praying for goodwill to follow him. Now whose prayer will karma answe?

3 Likes

Re: The Law Of Karma by macof(m): 10:01pm On Jul 29, 2014
qstar: Karma is a religious attempt to explain the randomness of events in this Universe.

Karma doesn't strike me as "religious"
It's rather cultural - although this would revolve around all things that make up that civilization: spirituality, tradition, language etc.

There's always a law governing every aspect of the universe...even "luck" works with laws

1 Like

Re: The Law Of Karma by Nobody: 10:03pm On Jul 29, 2014
mazaje:

Do they ever answer anything?. . All they do is just dance around issues and that's all. . .

grin grin

Anony appears to be the ring leader. The dude is good. He has a very good way of avoiding answering questions. You've got to give it to him.

1 Like

Re: The Law Of Karma by macof(m): 10:19pm On Jul 29, 2014
qstar: @rationalmind, The opposite question to your number 1 question would be:

Lol with this kind of talk you would soon say the judge that sentenced a criminal to death would be also be killed for that action

2 Likes

Re: The Law Of Karma by Nobody: 10:20pm On Jul 29, 2014
frank317: I have argued over this wit friends. I don't believe karma exists. Humans just want it to exist because of their false sense of natural order of things.
If karmer exists then we are all guilty of every and deserve all bad things that happen to us.
If karma exists not what is the pay back for being good? Why do babies go through pain? Do they deserev it?
I think what people call karma is just their 'self fullfilled prophesy' playing on them

Every good man has an enemy praying for law of karma to get him and every bad man has a friend praying for goodwill to follow him. Now whose prayer will karma answer?

grin karma isn't supposed to be dependent on prayers or wishes. Isn't it supposed to be bound to happen?
Re: The Law Of Karma by Nobody: 10:31pm On Jul 29, 2014
macof:

Karma doesn't strike me as "religious"
It's rather cultural - although this would revolve around all things that make up that civilization: spirituality, tradition, language etc.

There's always a law governing every aspect of the universe...even "luck" works with laws

Isn't this law that governs the universe supposed to be orderly?

If it is, how can luck work with that law since luck by definition is random?
Re: The Law Of Karma by PAGAN9JA(m): 12:28am On Jul 30, 2014
The Law of Karma does not mean that we just sit idle. Do as your conscience dictates you.

If you want good Karma, do as per say. and vice versa..
Re: The Law Of Karma by macof(m): 5:05pm On Jul 30, 2014
rationalmind:

Isn't this law that governs the universe supposed to be orderly?

If it is, how can luck work with that law since luck by definition is random?

Here's my thought...
The conscious state of the universe isn't "intelligent" like the human brain, it may not plan or make thorough thoughts but it forces things to happen within itself.
Nothing happens outside this "law" because everything is a piece in the whole that makes up the law
Little pieces coming together on their own to fit your purpose would be luck

(1) (Reply)

Official Communication From The Synagogue / When Christians Say "Don't Judge"!!!!!!! / Anita Oyakhilome Endured Fifteen Years Of An Adulterous Husband

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.