Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,891 members, 7,814,013 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 01:01 AM

How To Change Ur Mac Address?/unblock My Pc - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / How To Change Ur Mac Address?/unblock My Pc (8024 Views)

How To Change Your Ip Address Using Mozilla Firefox Browser / How To Track An Ip Address Of A Facebook User / How To Change IP To Any Country IP Without Using Software (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Change Ur Mac Address?/unblock My Pc by earthrealm(m): 9:19pm On Aug 02, 2008
helllo IT GURUS,
i am having a problem with my pc, i think it has been blacklisted on my network, i cant seem 2 browse wit it, i can connect to the lan/wireless router, but it shows me local only, i cant surf the internet,
nb, the ip is set to auto get ip address, so it cant b that my ip addy has been blocked,
other peeps r browsing freely on the same network,
guys any suggestions on how 2 solve this [problem
Re: How To Change Ur Mac Address?/unblock My Pc by earthrealm(m): 8:44am On Aug 03, 2008
Re: How To Change Ur Mac Address?/unblock My Pc by Maleeq(m): 10:57am On Aug 06, 2008
Solved already? I noticed a comment of yours on this thread
Re: How To Change Ur Mac Address?/unblock My Pc by kiwi992(m): 5:36pm On Aug 07, 2008
Hi,

I doubt it very much if your computer has been black-listed.  Why would anybody want to do that to you?  If that's what you suspect, then have a word with your Network Admin to de-bar it.

Having said that, here's what I suggest you should do:

1.  Ping the router, first and foremost.  Can you ping successfully? 

2.  Ping the DNS server from your PC.  By doing this, you are trying to establish as to whether you can connect to the external DNS server at your ISP or not.  If you can successfully ping the DNS server, then it means that connectivity can be established from your PC to the Internet.

3.  If you have a firewall, disable it (AVG can be a culprit here, sometimes).  Now try to connect to the Internet.  If you are able to do so, then of course, it means that the problem is with your firewall.  This would need to be re-configured, in that case.

4.  At command prompt, type in ipconfig /all  (be careful here and take note that there is a space before the forward slash).  Take note of the output, most particularly, the subnet that your machine is on.

5.  Ensure (from the output of the above-mentioned command) that your PC is on the same subnet as the router.

Finally, if all else fails, ask your Network Administrator to sort it out for you because that's what he's paid for.

kiwi992.

(1) (Reply)

4G LTE Network Coming Abuja (and Maybe Nigeria Overall)? / SOLD SOLD Asus Notebook, I7, 2gb Nvidia, 8gb Ram, 1tb HDD, Keyboard Light SOLD / Computer Hangs At "Verifying Dmi Pool Data"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.