Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,511 members, 7,819,844 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:50 AM

Amaechi Apologise To APC Leaders For Empty Stadium At The APC Rivers Launching. - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Amaechi Apologise To APC Leaders For Empty Stadium At The APC Rivers Launching. (4552 Views)

Rivers Rerun: PDP Releases Photos, Alleges FG Doles Out Billions To APC Rivers / Peterside & APC Rivers Hold Thanksgiving Service Over Supreme Court's Judgement / We Have Accepted The Supreme Court Verdict - Dakuku Peterside, APC Rivers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Amaechi Apologise To APC Leaders For Empty Stadium At The APC Rivers Launching. by MagicBishop: 1:14pm On Dec 24, 2013
You can rest be assured that any form of development of Rivers state will come to a halt since Ameachi will use the state's resources in funding the APC.

Also a lot of money will be doled out to thugs to fill any silly rally.

This is APC for you.
Re: Amaechi Apologise To APC Leaders For Empty Stadium At The APC Rivers Launching. by lwise(m): 1:39pm On Dec 24, 2013
Reptyle: Dunno about the empty stadium seats, but I watched the rally on Channels TV and I did see quite a respectable turnout of people at the stadium.

This picture could have been taken at anytime during the event....at the beginning, at the end or even a day before the event.

Also like someone else pointed out, seeing that the rally was put on a work day, it would be normal for there to be a low turn out.

Whether you like it or not, Amaechi has his loyal crowd in River State. I have visited Rivers 3 times this year and from my random sampling of opinions, the man is not as unpopular as y'all trying to paint him.

It is always good to say the truth,I watched the rally live on Channels too,the stadium was half empty.Always try to call a spade a spade.

NOTE:I DONT LIKE EITHER PDP OR APC BECAUSE THEY ARE THE SAME.
Re: Amaechi Apologise To APC Leaders For Empty Stadium At The APC Rivers Launching. by Abu34: 1:41pm On Dec 24, 2013
olabukola: If Amaechi said what the op posted then no need for picture.

Exactly my point. Come to think of it, this was the first statement he made when he was called to speak.
Amaechi goofed here. Even though the stadium was not full, he could have remained silent on this. Telling ppl that the capacity is 16,000 and that it was full around 12noon but most ppl has left as around 2pm and so he will cal for another rally at the new stadium to declare 4 APC is very funny.
Re: Amaechi Apologise To APC Leaders For Empty Stadium At The APC Rivers Launching. by vicenteze: 1:56pm On Dec 24, 2013
Reptyle: Dunno about the empty stadium seats, but I watched the rally on Channels TV and I did see quite a respectable turnout of people at the stadium.

This picture could have been taken at anytime during the event....at the beginning, at the end or even a day before the event.

Also like someone else pointed out, seeing that the rally was put on a work day, it would be normal for there to be a low turn out.

Whether you like it or not, Amaechi has his loyal crowd in River State. I have visited Rivers 3 times this year and from my random sampling of opinions, the man is not as unpopular as y'all trying to paint him.If Amaechi is truely in charge people should have abandon their work places for the rally knowing fully well that he will sack them...the koko be say Amaechi don mess be dat o.
Re: Amaechi Apologise To APC Leaders For Empty Stadium At The APC Rivers Launching. by aminho(m): 2:51pm On Dec 24, 2013
Re: Amaechi Apologise To APC Leaders For Empty Stadium At The APC Rivers Launching. by nathandrake(m): 4:55pm On Dec 24, 2013
OP is working for GEJ. Abeg link mi up if the pay is good

Re: Amaechi Apologise To APC Leaders For Empty Stadium At The APC Rivers Launching. by gregg2: 6:05pm On Dec 24, 2013
Re: Amaechi Apologise To APC Leaders For Empty Stadium At The APC Rivers Launching. by Amanwulu1(m): 6:15pm On Dec 24, 2013
olabukola: If Amaechi said what the op posted then no need for picture.
dis seems 2 b d only person in dis thread who reasons wit his head.
Re: Amaechi Apologise To APC Leaders For Empty Stadium At The APC Rivers Launching. by ujoinme: 6:16pm On Dec 24, 2013
ha ha ha ha , If the stadium was full as you guys have opined, why did amechi begin his speech by apologizing for the low turn out?

1 Like

Re: Amaechi Apologise To APC Leaders For Empty Stadium At The APC Rivers Launching. by Abagworo(m): 6:23pm On Dec 24, 2013
Hi haters

1 Like

Re: Amaechi Apologise To APC Leaders For Empty Stadium At The APC Rivers Launching. by Abagworo(m): 6:25pm On Dec 24, 2013
The Stadium was filled to brim and spilled out to surrounding evironment.
Re: Amaechi Apologise To APC Leaders For Empty Stadium At The APC Rivers Launching. by ujoinme: 6:26pm On Dec 24, 2013
Here is the channels video coverage of the event. look at the spectators seats virtually empty, just a few people surrounding the podium. A politician that claims to fight the FG, apologizing for the inability to fill a 16,000 seater stadium in a state of over 5 million people, for his major political rally.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=lrLsm-bQp2w

2 Likes

Re: Amaechi Apologise To APC Leaders For Empty Stadium At The APC Rivers Launching. by ujoinme: 6:26pm On Dec 24, 2013
amaechi is a drowning man.

1 Like

Re: Amaechi Apologise To APC Leaders For Empty Stadium At The APC Rivers Launching. by jmaine: 6:30pm On Dec 24, 2013
Abagworo: The Stadium was filled to brim and spilled out to surrounding evironment.

Surrounding Environment indeed cheesy . . . .
Re: Amaechi Apologise To APC Leaders For Empty Stadium At The APC Rivers Launching. by Abagworo(m): 6:30pm On Dec 24, 2013
ujoinme: Here is the channels video coverage of the event. look at the spectators seats virtually empty, just a few people surrounding the podium. A politician that claims to fight the FG, apologizing for the inability to fill a 16,000 seater stadium in a state of over 5 million people, for his major political rally.

[img]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lrLsm-bQp2w[/img]

Time determines the turnout. I saw with my own eyes and there were more than 50,000 people there. The spectator seats represents only about 1/3rd of the crowd or even less.
Re: Amaechi Apologise To APC Leaders For Empty Stadium At The APC Rivers Launching. by Abagworo(m): 6:35pm On Dec 24, 2013
jmaine:

Surrounding Environment indeed cheesy . . . .

Were you at Elekahia yesterday? Ask anyone?
Re: Amaechi Apologise To APC Leaders For Empty Stadium At The APC Rivers Launching. by jmaine: 6:35pm On Dec 24, 2013
Abagworo:

Time determines the turnout. I saw with my own eyes and there were more than [size=14pt]50,000[/size] people there. The spectator seats represents only about 1/3rd of the crowd or even less.

Wonderful . . . shocked

1 Like

Re: Amaechi Apologise To APC Leaders For Empty Stadium At The APC Rivers Launching. by jmaine: 6:36pm On Dec 24, 2013
Abagworo:

Were you at Elekahia yesterday? Ask anyone?

Amaechi opening remarks is enough. Why should i believe you or anyone grin
Re: Amaechi Apologise To APC Leaders For Empty Stadium At The APC Rivers Launching. by ujoinme: 6:45pm On Dec 24, 2013
Abagworo: The Stadium was filled to brim and spilled out to surrounding evironment.

If this was the case, why did amaechi himself open his speech by apologizing for the low turnout of supporters/ inability to fill a 16,000 stadium?
You should learn to tell the truth. A video evidence exist, incase you forgot, heres a link to the channels tv coverage of the event
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lrLsm-bQp2w the 16000 seats are virtually empty with just a few supporters surrounding the podium.
Re: Amaechi Apologise To APC Leaders For Empty Stadium At The APC Rivers Launching. by ujoinme: 6:51pm On Dec 24, 2013
Abagworo:

Time determines the turnout. I saw with my own eyes and there were more than 50,000 people there. The spectator seats represents only about 1/3rd of the crowd or even less.

Goodness! and channels tv failed to cover the crowd of 50,000 that could not fill a 16,000 seater stadium? Agbaworo i didnt know you could sink this low! trying to be deceptive even in view of concrete video evidence to the contrary.

The channels video coverage is there for every one to see for themselves, and moreover amaechis opening line of the speech is all the prove anyone need for the turnout at the event.

3 Likes

Re: Amaechi Apologise To APC Leaders For Empty Stadium At The APC Rivers Launching. by jmaine: 6:55pm On Dec 24, 2013
ujoinme:

Goodness! and channels tv failed to cover the crowd of 50,000 that could not fill a 16,000 seater stadium? Agbaworo i didnt know you could sink this low! trying to be deceptive even in view of concrete video evidence to the contrary.

The channels video coverage is there for every one to see for themselves, and moreover amaechis opening line of the speech is all the prove anyone need for the turnout at the event.

If you are looking for a bone faced liar. You have Abagworo topping the list.

Abagworo issues incredible lies without blinking cheesy . The confidence too much grin

5 Likes

Re: Amaechi Apologise To APC Leaders For Empty Stadium At The APC Rivers Launching. by Abagworo(m): 6:55pm On Dec 24, 2013
ujoinme:

The channels video coverage is there for every one to see for themselves, and moreover amaechis opening line of the speech is all the prove anyone need for the turnout at the event youtube.com/watch?v=lrLsm-bQp2w

I saw with my own eyes. Ask anyone that lives around Elekahia axis.
Re: Amaechi Apologise To APC Leaders For Empty Stadium At The APC Rivers Launching. by Xfactoria: 6:55pm On Dec 24, 2013
Besides Amaechi's comment, many of these people in attendance were probably paid. These few people that attended were not in attendance because they are convinced that APC has a superior political ideology over PDP. There isn't such thing as ideological inclinations in Nigerian politics yet!

We have many sycophants in Nigeria such that when you call for a rally and share money they would attend irrespective of the political party. I recall that everywhere Buhari and Ribadu held rallies in 2011, there were large turn-outs (especially in some middle belt states where they lost), yet they lost. In Lagos, touts who attend rallies are for the highest bidders but when its time for elections, they work mostly for ACN/APC. I would think its the same in PH that most of these guys will work for PDP but would not mind attending an APC rally.

Crowds don't mean nothing!

2 Likes

Re: Amaechi Apologise To APC Leaders For Empty Stadium At The APC Rivers Launching. by dayokanu(m): 6:57pm On Dec 24, 2013
We know these PDP folks are desperate liars
Re: Amaechi Apologise To APC Leaders For Empty Stadium At The APC Rivers Launching. by ujoinme: 7:10pm On Dec 24, 2013
Abagworo:

I saw with my own eyes. Ask anyone that lives around Elekahia axis.

The picture you took is aimed at deception because you snaped pictures of the supporters that surrounded the podium.The seats in the 16000 capacity stadium were empty. the channels tv coverage proves it and amaechis words concludes it.

I did not need to be there to know this for a fact. that what video coverage is for. Quit playing Pinocchio, Rivers people are not gullible.

We should not be having this Damage control argument, but rather APC, all their supporters and think tanks should be seriously reflecting on this issue, for its a shame that the Face of APC in Rivers state, the leader of opposition in nPDP and a seating governor of a the second Richest state with over 5million people cannot fill a 16,000 capacity stadium for a major political rally and we kid ourselves that there is an Opposition Party in Nigeria.
Keep leaving in the fools Paradise.

4 Likes

Re: Amaechi Apologise To APC Leaders For Empty Stadium At The APC Rivers Launching. by ujoinme: 7:15pm On Dec 24, 2013
X-factoria:
Besides Amaechi's comment, many of these people in attendance were probably paid. These few people that attended were not in attendance because they are convinced that APC has a superior political ideology over PDP. There isn't such thing as ideological inclinations in Nigerian politics yet!

We have many sycophants in Nigeria such that when you call for a rally and share money they would attend irrespective of the political party. I recall that everywhere Buhari and Ribadu held rallies in 2011, there were large turn-outs (especially in some middle belt states where they lost), yet they lost. In Lagos, touts who attend rallies are for the highest bidders but when its time for elections, they work mostly for ACN/APC. I would think its the same in PH that most of these guys will work for PDP but would not mind attending an APC rally.

Crowds don't mean nothing!

True, but the fact that a sitting governor of the 2nd richest state in the country could not even pay 16,000 tout to turnout, should be a cause for concern for APC.

picture from channels tv shows empty seats at the stadium with few people surrounding the podium where Amaechi and APC chieftains were.

1 Like

Re: Amaechi Apologise To APC Leaders For Empty Stadium At The APC Rivers Launching. by kenny091(m): 8:21pm On Dec 24, 2013
Afam4eva: When i said Amaechi has no say in Rivers state, some people thought that i was joking. Wait till Amaechi leaves office and you'll see that he's a nobody. In that part of the country, no single individual has an overwhelming following like in some other parts of the country.
rantings of scared sycophants,this was probably taken 4hrs b4 d start of d event.i saw d video on ait and d place was full.amaechi has nt lost a single round:ngf,impeachment etc
Re: Amaechi Apologise To APC Leaders For Empty Stadium At The APC Rivers Launching. by RedEboe(m): 8:35pm On Dec 24, 2013
Kairoseki77: [size=18pt]This is a shameful lie.

The stadium was full. Anyone who watched it on TV can attest to that fact. That pic was obviously taken as people were leaving. Yet you can still see thousands.

Abeg, move this to the joke section.
[/size]

www.nairaland.com/attachments/1482065_1fullstadium_jpga20ec36e43b570f8437ca5b00fcd0392
www.nairaland.com/attachments/1482066_2fullstadium_jpg9c1832e654812fcd696c507d491f6c6d
Looks to me like the stadium was barely half full but the crowd were encouraged to leave their seats and come closer to the podium.
Only an ariel picture could show how full the attendance was and Channels TV pictures proved it wasnt a massive crowd-close up pictures can be very deceptive.
Re: Amaechi Apologise To APC Leaders For Empty Stadium At The APC Rivers Launching. by samilo88(m): 8:36pm On Dec 24, 2013
I thought you were only ret*rded, never knew you were also blind.
Re: Amaechi Apologise To APC Leaders For Empty Stadium At The APC Rivers Launching. by Mylove55(f): 8:40pm On Dec 24, 2013
He he he,common letter of appointment to newly employed teacher,more than 20,000 pple attend,not to talk of political rally,each local govt can bring 500 pple by given each person 5k 4 transport fare,at dis stage of nigeria poverty,if dey give u 5k wil u not attend.

1 Like

Re: Amaechi Apologise To APC Leaders For Empty Stadium At The APC Rivers Launching. by agbameta: 8:43pm On Dec 24, 2013

Hope for Nigeria is another ibo hate mongering FB page and you see the same hate and bitter posts you see on NL on that page so don't fall for that hate and bitterness nonsense.
Re: Amaechi Apologise To APC Leaders For Empty Stadium At The APC Rivers Launching. by RedEboe(m): 8:45pm On Dec 24, 2013
From this Ariel shot courtesy Channels TV,it is obvious that this was a crowd of MUCH less than 5,000 people.
Governor Amaechi does not enjoy popular following in Rivers State,he has supporters o but not that massive.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Why Is Buhari Beating Jonathan Here? / Angel Of Death Erupts From Chile's Volcano (photos) / Pix: Who Represent Nigeria Better (GMB Or GEJ)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.