Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,766 members, 7,851,614 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 12:52 AM

Marijuana - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Marijuana (628 Views)

Ghana Is The Highest Consumer Of Marijuana In Africa / 441 Motorists Test Positive To Cocaine And Marijuana In Lagos / Smoking Marijuana? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Marijuana by Dietrich92(m): 11:55am On Dec 24, 2013
What is your views on Marijuana?

I personally love it even though I donot toke anymore, but I do see many major benefits from it's use both medically and recreationally.
It has personally helped me with my battle with depression and flowing with creative energies.
Although I donot recommend it always as for everyday use, but it does alleviate symptoms of pain including headaches and nausea.

Though many people say weed hinders your memory and coordination, I find that to be the exact opposite. It always allowed me to process my thinking easier and slows down my thought process enough to retain information better. I do alot of studying while high.

But. . . what is your thoughts on this? If you have anything to contribute, let me know.
Re: Marijuana by Originalsly: 1:28pm On Dec 25, 2013
Marijuana should be legal. It has more medicinal benefits than any legal drug period. People should ask themselves why it is illegal...then see if the very answers wouldn't apply to cigarettes, alcohol and prescription drugs....and the question comes around again...then why is marijuana illegal?...evil? New York State is now deciding to make marijuana legal...I think it would be the 18th state in the US to legalize marijuana if they do. People get high on so many things...get high on glue...should glue be illegal?...get high on detergent...should detergent be illegal?....get high on palm wine...should that be illegal?...same with prescription drugs?...why is marijuana so evil?...the treatment of glaucoma is a lab version based on some of the properties of marijuana. Why is the lab version acceptable and the real deal evil? Marijuana doesn't have to be smoked and was used for hundred and hundred of years. Do I smoke or use marijuana?...no I don't.... but should I suffer from any ailment that marijuana can help I would be using it rather than prescription drugs.

1 Like

Re: Marijuana by Dietrich92(m): 3:36am On Jan 06, 2014
Yea they should legalize marijuana all the way.
I used to toke from time to time and it helps with alot of things.
I believe the real reason for it's illegality is drug companies would lose a lot of money in natural herbal remedies.
Granted, you don't want to see a bunch of stoned kids before their 20s getting into harder drugs later on in life.
But on the same token (heheh get it puff puff)
too many natural remedies would shake the corporate medical world, its not just the band-aid like drugs that they are selling, it's the manipulation that comes with it like insurance companies, doctors that scam their patients [its more common than u think]
According to a doctor when I was suffering depression he was trying to sell me bad head torturing drugs and tried even to convince my parents that I was crazy so they would spend money on the drugs [what a hustle. . .]
But the doctor didn't realize at the time there were many external factors causing my depression that my parents couldn't relate to and didn't want to deal with [I was only a young teen at the time].
I believe it's wrong to give a kid drugs he has no understanding of especially when depression is not some insane brain malfunction as doctors make it out to be, it is a deep sadness that collapses when the tide gets tough.
But when I smoked weed, my depression lessened, my creativity sparked. Its not just a band-aid, it's a powerful spiritual experience that awakened me to certain aspects of life I have no before. Now is it a miracle cure all? Far from it but I like to think so.
To me marijuana is not a drug, it's a herb, but a herb that should be used with responsibility and care.

And btw, there is alot we can learn from nature. You ever seen two cannabis plants in love? I have! It is a splendid site indeed!

(1) (Reply)

How To Relieve Dysmenorrhea Without Using Drugs. / The Words No Woman Wants To Hear / Ebola Has Reached Jos!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.