Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,826 members, 7,817,410 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:48 AM

Celtel Changes Name To 'Zain Nigeria Ltd' - Nairaland / General (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Celtel Changes Name To 'Zain Nigeria Ltd' (10726 Views)

Poll: Econet. Vodacom. Vee Mobile. Celtel. Zain. This is:

Branding: 28% (43 votes)
Confusion: 71% (108 votes)
This poll has ended

Movement For Change In Call Tariff In Nigeria (glo, Mtn, Zain, E.t.c) / Cant Get My Applications To Work Using Zain 'subscribe To Packet Data 1st' Help / Zain Free Browsing (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Celtel Changes Name To 'Zain Nigeria Ltd' by keba(m): 7:11pm On Aug 04, 2008
they are changing for a reason, they are not clowns
Re: Celtel Changes Name To 'Zain Nigeria Ltd' by alex406(m): 7:28pm On Aug 04, 2008
Ok then lets wait and watch how they will continue sucking our money through their heartless tariff rate.
Re: Celtel Changes Name To 'Zain Nigeria Ltd' by palmwine(m): 7:56pm On Aug 04, 2008
Watch out I just might buy this Coy.

PALMWINETEL or PALMWINE Nig Ltd. grin grin grin cheesy
Re: Celtel Changes Name To 'Zain Nigeria Ltd' by dayooje: 8:09pm On Aug 04, 2008
i PiTY THIS COY, CHEI, DEY suppose cover dem face with shit!

Yeeye coy without good service and dem no fit match their competitors.

I know say na 4 dustbin dem go end sooner or later. No doubting abt it!
Re: Celtel Changes Name To 'Zain Nigeria Ltd' by nurberg50(m): 9:49pm On Aug 04, 2008
you can say anything you like about the company,what they did is 4 the better of their company and business
you ought to know if you are in there shoes the same thing will be done.Its quite not satisfactory to the costumers
but there is absolutely nothing they or the commission can do about it than to dance to the tune they called branding.
Please friends don't be upset with there act of branding and don't take it personal,
Re: Celtel Changes Name To 'Zain Nigeria Ltd' by diggler(m): 10:13pm On Aug 04, 2008
What do i care with the name changes

As someone invested in Outdoor Advertising support services, i cant complain.

My Agency will soon call me up for some new billboards to be put up.

I'm LAAFFING ALL D WAY 2 d BANK JOOOO.

Hope they change the name in a few months

Infact i've got a list of names for the next 30 years so keep d money flowing brothers
Re: Celtel Changes Name To 'Zain Nigeria Ltd' by virgie(f): 10:22pm On Aug 04, 2008
Well, as far as I am concerned, they are a confused lot.
it has got more to do with the service thay render than going form one name to the other,
be sur, mora names are still coming! grin
Re: Celtel Changes Name To 'Zain Nigeria Ltd' by spikedcylinder: 7:45am On Aug 05, 2008
keba:

they are changing for a reason, they are not clowns
As you would like to think huh?

I used to be on their network but after sometimes going for whole days without network signals on my phone, I threw the sim in a bin. Not to say that MTN is any better though. Thrash, both of them. Thrash.
Re: Celtel Changes Name To 'Zain Nigeria Ltd' by Janji(m): 8:29am On Aug 05, 2008
angry
i swear, when i saw zain all off a sudden on my phone,
i was scared, i thought it was another network virus that had eaten up my network
i called my celtel liine with my glo just to make sure that the network was still intact
only then did i calm down, that at least the name didnt matter, @ least my line was still active
imagine
which one os zain again, it just didnt make sense to me, besides than name is so uninteresting, ZAIN.
please,
So which group pf people have taken over the network again cry
Re: Celtel Changes Name To 'Zain Nigeria Ltd' by Easybaby(f): 9:50am On Aug 05, 2008
You mean RAIN?
Re: Celtel Changes Name To 'Zain Nigeria Ltd' by Wilfem(m): 10:22am On Aug 05, 2008
I'll be the next buyer of this Telecommunication Company and it'll be called Femtel
grin grin grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Celtel Changes Name To 'Zain Nigeria Ltd' by mondob2k(m): 10:48am On Aug 05, 2008
I need somebody to buy my celtel (Sorry zain) line.! may God Help them
Re: Celtel Changes Name To 'Zain Nigeria Ltd' by mykali(m): 10:54am On Aug 05, 2008
celtel . . . .zain, who gives a shit?
Re: Celtel Changes Name To 'Zain Nigeria Ltd' by slyk2(m): 11:12am On Aug 05, 2008
my people, lets think before we talk.
many changes have been recorded, thus the change of name.

thats regular with co-operate bodies.
Re: Celtel Changes Name To 'Zain Nigeria Ltd' by peeboy(m): 11:58am On Aug 05, 2008
What Nigerians want from celtel is not a change of name but change in quality of service delivery to her numerous subscribers. Incessant change of names produces nothing but fresh troubles. I hope this is the last time Econet, oops, Vmobile, ah-ah!,Celtel, sorry,Zain obile will change its brand name. In case the want to change the name again why not consider CHANGE MOBILE PLC. angry
Re: Celtel Changes Name To 'Zain Nigeria Ltd' by MrCrackles(m): 12:16pm On Aug 05, 2008
True rebranding is regarded as a good move for a company who wants to stay competitive in the market, but with CELTEL, i can't get my head round what is going on there. Their services are poor and connection is awful? why not concentrate on changing those issues for the better rather than wasting time, causing confusion and useful over name changing?!
Re: Celtel Changes Name To 'Zain Nigeria Ltd' by eminemkc(m): 1:28pm On Aug 05, 2008
THIS NAME CHANGE IS NOW BECOMING AN ASSIDUOUS FEATURE OF THE COMPANY!! ITS NOW BECOMING A PAIN IN THE NECK OF ITS CONSUMERS ! FROM ECONET TO VMOBIL THEN CELTEL TO ZAIN !! MAYBE IN A COUPLE OF MONTHS, THE NAME REFORMATION WOULD NOW BE CHANGED TO SHADE grin grin HOPE THIS WOULD RESULT TO BETTER NETWORK AND SERVICE DELIVERY EFFICIENCY!!
Re: Celtel Changes Name To 'Zain Nigeria Ltd' by mrofficial(m): 2:30pm On Aug 05, 2008
[size=15]inZAINity.pt][/size]
Re: Celtel Changes Name To 'Zain Nigeria Ltd' by mekoyo(m): 3:17pm On Aug 05, 2008
They will soon change to my name soon!!!!!! grin
Re: Celtel Changes Name To 'Zain Nigeria Ltd' by Instunla(m): 3:35pm On Aug 05, 2008
I hope we dont have to go through the wahala of changing internet settings again.
Re: Celtel Changes Name To 'Zain Nigeria Ltd' by rampant(f): 5:18pm On Aug 05, 2008
how many times will this pple change names sef?from econet to wetin again undecided
Re: Celtel Changes Name To 'Zain Nigeria Ltd' by lemon4real(m): 7:05pm On Aug 05, 2008
Sane! Only God knows, what there next brand name will be like,
Re: Celtel Changes Name To 'Zain Nigeria Ltd' by bastrin(f): 9:04pm On Aug 05, 2008
Guys if you are annoyed with them GO tell your PAPA to build his own then Uppl can give it ur family name.
Just allow dem run dia tin na dem knw as dem de take make profit.
Afta all na we still de patronize dem.
Re: Celtel Changes Name To 'Zain Nigeria Ltd' by Sinex(m): 12:46am On Aug 06, 2008
Na wa o, e be like say na Jaki Chan family buy them this time around,
abeg, who go team up with me, make we buy am too now,
may be we go change the name Coopnet or cooperative net
or chunkunchun smiley
e go beta
Re: Celtel Changes Name To 'Zain Nigeria Ltd' by damayor(m): 7:52am On Aug 06, 2008
Am fed up with this phone!
Sometimes the vibrations gets to my bones
I also think my network is crazy
Sometimes you call and the other guy sounds hazy
At times I don’t even hear a thing
Just a resounding ping ping ping…
Sometimes they just deduct my money
And to my pocket that isn’t t funny
I know its sounds like am complaining
Believe me am only being plane
Maybe am just a bit worried that the new name Zain
Sounds too much like pain!

p.s-all rights reserved
Re: Celtel Changes Name To 'Zain Nigeria Ltd' by Tollyojo(m): 10:16am On Aug 06, 2008
God should please provide me money, so that in some times to come (which is not far again). I'll acquire their ZAIN NETWORK
Re: Celtel Changes Name To 'Zain Nigeria Ltd' by KevinKupr8(m): 10:56am On Aug 06, 2008
They are truly InZain
Re: Celtel Changes Name To 'Zain Nigeria Ltd' by sweetboi(m): 12:26pm On Aug 06, 2008
the fact that they keep changing their name from this to that, why dont they just call it ASHAWO NETWORK scince they cant keep one MAN sorry one name shocked
Re: Celtel Changes Name To 'Zain Nigeria Ltd' by sweetboi(m): 12:43pm On Aug 06, 2008
[font=Lucida Sans Unicode]i just dont know what to say any more, i use to have V-mobile as my main line but since nobody calls me any more on that line my scond line which happens to MTNline now gets all the the calls which the V-mobile use to get and when i ask them why they simply say that the network is nothing to write home about, [color=#006600][/color]
Re: Celtel Changes Name To 'Zain Nigeria Ltd' by sweetboi(m): 1:20pm On Aug 06, 2008
people please do not blame them i guess they got confused with the Bible "when SAUL as baptised and his name was changed to PAUL" so they decided to do thesame . But dont you think that they are over doing it.
Re: Celtel Changes Name To 'Zain Nigeria Ltd' by LarryO2(f): 1:33pm On Aug 06, 2008
Let all their subscribers beware, cos very soon by the time they re-sell the company, they'll sell and change names of all their subscribers too!!!!!
Re: Celtel Changes Name To 'Zain Nigeria Ltd' by sunnykiss(m): 3:39pm On Aug 06, 2008
undecided lipsrsealed change is d only constant thing in life,

one day e go soon reach my turn i will buy that network, that what my mama tell me,

dreams come true ooo
grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Sky Falling Down I Kuwait / Any Sign Of Harmattan In Your Area? / What Is So Special About December?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.