Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,340 members, 7,954,392 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 06:00 PM

How Can I Make Money Buying And Selling Foodstuffs - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / How Can I Make Money Buying And Selling Foodstuffs (9543 Views)

Make Money Buying From Auction Sites In UK And Selling Online In Nigeria. / How To Make Money Cultivating, Buying And Selling Of Cassava Tubers / 40 Exportable Foodstuffs You Can Export To Foreign Countries (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Can I Make Money Buying And Selling Foodstuffs by Nobody: 9:46pm On Dec 24, 2013
This business idea has been humming in my mind for a very long time but since i don't understand the methodology behind it, i have been finding it hard to venture into it.
I was in the northern part of the country some months back and discovered that there is abundant supply of foodstuffs there yet cheap. I thought that, if i could buy from the north and transport down to the south, i will make good profit.
Now, my question is, how do i go into this business? Do i need to register with any association? Please, ¶ would like advice from those who have ventured into this business successfully.

Mods, please give me this as an xmas gift by putting this on the frontpage.
Thank you.
Re: How Can I Make Money Buying And Selling Foodstuffs by churchmind: 9:55pm On Dec 24, 2013
D secret is acquiring a sound transport van
Re: How Can I Make Money Buying And Selling Foodstuffs by Nobody: 6:32am On Dec 25, 2013
churchmind: D secret is acquiring a sound transport van
please bro, can you be more explicit on this matter?
Re: How Can I Make Money Buying And Selling Foodstuffs by EloyiOgbe: 10:22am On Dec 25, 2013
Buying a transport van isnt a good way to start. In starting, you first identify a particular product and do your research.

1 Like

Re: How Can I Make Money Buying And Selling Foodstuffs by churchmind: 12:55pm On Dec 25, 2013
Wen u say foodstuff dat virtually anything consumable so dealing on one item exposes one to a risk of lost so wit a car as 1st timer u hav oppnty of buying diff. Variety wit a knowledge of difference in price frm were u r buying n were u 'll be selling ,secondly u can operate a mobile market strategy.4more enquiry call or chat 08097672039
Re: How Can I Make Money Buying And Selling Foodstuffs by Nobody: 1:12pm On Dec 25, 2013
churchmind: Wen u say foodstuff dat virtually anything consumable so dealing on one item exposes one to a risk of lost so wit a car as 1st timer u hav oppnty of buying diff. Variety wit a knowledge of difference in price frm were u r buying n were u 'll be selling ,secondly u can operate a mobile market strategy.4more enquiry call or chat 08097672039
thank you. I'll chat you up soon.
Re: How Can I Make Money Buying And Selling Foodstuffs by naijacutee(f): 1:18pm On Dec 25, 2013
If you could find a way to preserve the foodstuff in the heat through the duration of the journey, I would have suggested using the trains.
Re: How Can I Make Money Buying And Selling Foodstuffs by iniobong888(m): 1:47pm On Dec 25, 2013
Before you start buying agro products from the North you have to do a detail homework. How do you want to sell when it get to the south are u selling in bulk or retailing? Secondly food stuffs will are cheaper but transporting is extra cost that must be added to your cost, the heavy the volume the cheaper your transport depending on what you are transporting. If you are selling in bulk do have an offtaker(the buy all from you immediately you land ) that will clear d goods? If you are retailing you may need to join an organisation it depends! There are other strategy that can be employed however it is a viable business if well managed. Your volume also determines your profit margin. U can drop a call. Compliment of d season.
Re: How Can I Make Money Buying And Selling Foodstuffs by Nobody: 4:34pm On Dec 25, 2013
iniobong888: Before you start buying agro products from the North you have to do a detail homework. How do you want to sell when it get to the south are u selling in bulk or retailing? Secondly food stuffs will are cheaper but transporting is extra cost that must be added to your cost, the heavy the volume the cheaper your transport depending on what you are transporting. If you are selling in bulk do have an offtaker(the buy all from you immediately you land ) that will clear d goods? If you are retailing you may need to join an organisation it depends! There are other strategy that can be employed however it is a viable business if well managed. Your volume also determines your profit margin. U can drop a call. Compliment of d season.
Thank you for your response and compliments to you too. ¶ would love to sell in bulk but the strategy to penetrate the market in the south is what ¶ don't have now. If retailing is also a viable option, a step by step guide would be helpful.
Re: How Can I Make Money Buying And Selling Foodstuffs by churchmind: 5:06pm On Dec 25, 2013
Akwa ibom and PH i have researh database on foodstuff biz
Re: How Can I Make Money Buying And Selling Foodstuffs by Turbocharged: 6:24pm On Dec 25, 2013
If you really want to do this biz, I will advise u to go to the particular city you want to sell in d south and locate people who are in that line of bizness and learn the pros and cons of the bizness. But shine eyes ooo.
Re: How Can I Make Money Buying And Selling Foodstuffs by kayzat: 10:47pm On Mar 19, 2017
codebrew85:
This business idea has been humming in my mind for a very long time but since i don't understand the methodology behind it, i have been finding it hard to venture into it.
I was in the northern part of the country some months back and discovered that there is abundant supply of foodstuffs there yet cheap. I thought that, if i could buy from the north and transport down to the south, i will make good profit.
Now, my question is, how do i go into this business? Do i need to register with any association? Please, ¶ would like advice from those who have ventured into this business successfully.

Mods, please give me this as an xmas gift by putting this on the frontpage.
Thank you.

How far have you gone with this business bro?
Re: How Can I Make Money Buying And Selling Foodstuffs by Nobody: 8:25am On Mar 20, 2017
kayzat:

How far have you gone with this business bro?
Not far o. You've got any useful info?
Re: How Can I Make Money Buying And Selling Foodstuffs by kayzat: 8:39am On Mar 20, 2017
codebrew85:
Not far o. You've got any useful info?

At all Sir. I'm about to venture into that business and looking for info on the business too .
Re: How Can I Make Money Buying And Selling Foodstuffs by Nobody: 10:05am On Mar 20, 2017
kayzat:

At all Sir. I'm about to venture into that business and looking for info on the business too .
Okay boss. Please keep me in the loop when you docheesy
Re: How Can I Make Money Buying And Selling Foodstuffs by PraiseJohnny: 11:07am On Mar 27, 2018
codebrew85:
Okay boss. Please keep me in the loop when you docheesy
how far have you gone with this business bro?

(1) (Reply)

What Is It About St Louis Sugar / 80% Nigerians Express Concern Over Indiscriminate Bank Charges – Noipolls / Starting Up An IT Outsourcing Company

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.