Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,537 members, 7,816,309 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:17 AM

Obasanjo To Jonathan: I Stand By My Letter - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obasanjo To Jonathan: I Stand By My Letter (741 Views)

The Day Atiku Blasted Obasanjo To His Face / ECOWAS Vows Never To Invite Obasanjo To Monitor Election / Patience Jonathan - I Didnt Undergo Any Surgery (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Obasanjo To Jonathan: I Stand By My Letter by dulaman: 11:56pm On Dec 24, 2013
Former President Olusegun Obasanjo yesterday said he would not make further comments on the exchange of letters he had with President Goodluck Jonathan.

In his reply to Obasanjo’s December 2 letter, Jonathan had accused the former president of laying landmines for him and threatening national security.
But Obasanjo’s spokesman Tunde Oladunjoye, in a statement in Abeokuta yesterday, said the ex-president would no longer say anything regarding his exchanges with Jonathan. He said Obasanjo had made this clear in his letter to the president.
The statement said following the publication of Jonathan’s letter, “we have received several requests from local and international media asking to know Chief Obasanjo’s reaction to Mr. President’s response.
“One, Chief Olusegun Obasanjo, GCFR, acknowledges Mr. President’s letter/response. However, Baba, as he already indicated in his December 2, 2013, does not wish to make further comments beyond the contents of his last letter to the Mr. President or react to the said letter/response from Dr. Goodluck Ebele Jonathan.
“Let me quote from page fourteen, paragraph two of Chief Obasanjo’s letter to Mr. President dated December 2, 2013 and titled Before It Is Too Late: ‘I will maintain my serenity, because by this letter I have done my duty to you as I have always done, to your government, to the party, PDP, and to our country, Nigeria’.
“Two, let me reiterate here, that Chief Olusegun Obasanjo, GCFR has tremendous respect for the office of the President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria.
“Chief Olusegun Obasanjo sincerely appreciates all of you, my cherished colleagues; gentlemen and women of the media profession, who have been very upright, ethical and robust on the subject matter.”http://dailytrust.info/index.php/top-stories/12939-obasanjo-to-jonathan-i-stand-by-my-letter
Re: Obasanjo To Jonathan: I Stand By My Letter by dulaman: 11:59pm On Dec 24, 2013
OBJ replies Jonathan through aide

Former President, Olusegun Obasanjo yesterday commented on President Goodluck Jonathan’s response to his (Obasanjo) controversial letter to him.

President Jonathan had responded to the letter dated December 2nd written by Obasanjo on the state of the nation and other issues.

But, speaking through his media aide, Tunde Oladunjoye, yesterday, Obasanjo insisted that he had stated all that he had to say and did not wish to make any further comments beyond the contents of his last letter to Mr. President.

Obasanjo’s full comment titled “Before It Is Too Late (a Response To Media Enquiries)” as read by Oladunjoye to journalists in Abeokuta yesterday indicated “Since the publication of the letter written by the President, Commander-in-Chief of the Armed Forces of the Federal Republic of Nigeria, Dr. Goodluck Ebele Jonathan, GCFR, which was in
response to letter earlier written by revered former President, Commander-in-Chief of the Armed Forces of the Federal Republic of Nigeria, Chief Olusegun Obasanjo, GCFR, we have received several requests from local and international media asking to know Chief Obasanjo’s reaction to Mr. President’s response”

The five paragraph letter adds: “One, Chief Olusegun, GCFR, acknowledges Mr. President’s letter/ response. However, Baba, as he already indicated in his December 2, 2013, does not wish to make further comments beyond the contents of his last letter to the Mr. President or react to the said letter/ response from Dr. Goodluck
Ebele Jonathan. Let me quote from fourteen, paragraph two of Chief Obasanjo’s letter to Mr. President dated December 2, 2013 and titled before it is too late.

“I will maintain my serenity, because by this letter I have done my duty to you as I have always done, to your government, to the party, PDP, and to our country, Nigeria. Two, let me reiterate here, that Chief Olusegun Obasanjo, GCFR has tremendous respect for the office of the President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria.

“Finally, Chief Olusegun Obasanjo sincerely appreciates all of you, my cherished colleagues, gentlemen and women of the media profession, who have been very upright, ethical and robust on the subject matter” In another development, Obasanjo has hailed the developmental strides of the Senator Ibikunle Amosun government in Ogun State, saying things are getting better in the state.

Obasanjo, who spoke at the 2013 Ogun State Christmas Carol held at the June 12 Cultural Center, Kuto, Abeokuta over the weekend, said the massive road projects and construction of ultra-modern model schools have brought landmark improvements to all Local Government Areas of the state, noting that the are breathtaking and step in the right direction.

"Things are getting better everyday, getting better everytime in Ogun. When I was talking of roads in Abeokuta, they said I haven't been to Ijebu-Ode and Sagamu. On getting to Ijebu-Ode, I even saw if not better bridges than that of Abeokuta being constructed. What about the ones in Ilara, what of Ayetoro?

"If we have good infrastructure, business will thrive, economy will increase and that is what you are doing across the state", he said.

He also expressed satisfaction with the quality of the model schools being constructed throughout the state, saying "when I passed through Sango-Abeokuta road, I asked who is building this factory, they said it is not a factory but a school being build by government".

Obasanjo cited another success of the government as the restoration of security in the state, noting that sanity has returned to the M.K.O. Abiola Stadium, Kuto, Abeokuta, which he stated witnessed lots of evils on a daily basis before the present administration came on board.

"I remember those days here in the stadium which is not far from my house, where all manners of lawlessness thrived with human casualties recorded on a daily basis. We don't have that challenge anymore because security of lives and property has been given a priority", he added.

While also commending the Amosun-led administration for the massive model schools under construction across the state, the former president said the entire state will continue to be grateful to the governor for the quality of the projects which will stand the test of time.

In his remarks, former Head of the Interim National Government, Chief Ernest Sonekan also commended the Amosun adminstration for creating a peaceful atmosphere in all corners of the state, noting that, "I'm happy to be around to witness the manifestation of these changes".

Sonekan said that Ogun has always been in the forefront of providing the right leadership direction and bridge building efforts for the nation's continued existence, urging everyone to embrace love as a virtue beyond the Christmas season.

Responding, Amosun said all that the state government had achieved wouldn't have been possible without the support of the people, assuring that, "we will not rest on our oars in our quest for a better Ogun".
http://dailytrust.info/index.php/top-stories/12858-obj-replies-jonathan-through-aide

(1) (Reply)

Is APC The ‘new PDP’? / Stop Taking Nigerians For Granted, Atiku Tells Jonathan / What Obama Said About Nigeria - Jonathan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.