Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,782 members, 7,831,523 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 08:09 PM

You Can Be His Witness - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / You Can Be His Witness (576 Views)

"Firstborn" Does It Mean First Created? Jehovah's Witness! / What Does The Jehovah Witness & Watchtower Magazine Teach That Is Wrong ? BEWARE / Will I Be Making A Mistake By Becoming A Jehovah's Witness? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

You Can Be His Witness by VLadipo: 1:27am On Dec 25, 2013
As a bona fide member of the Kingdom of God, you must be a proof of His power to save. Matthew 1:21 says Jesus shall save His people from sin. 1 John 1:7 says His blood cleanses us from all sins. If the power to save was demonstrated in the life of anybody at all, it was in the life of Paul. In 1 Timothy 1:15 he says,
“This is a faithful saying, and worthy of all acceptation, that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners; of whom I am chief.”
He could say this because he realised how far he had gone before Jesus saved him. What about your life? Can you say you have not observed changes in your life from the time you received Jesus into your life? If you have, share it with others. The testimonies of salvation I hear these days are too shallow: when you hear some people talk, you would think they were saints all along. Let your life prove that He can transform lives. Where are the evidences of a changed life?

However, you need the power of the Spirit to produce the proof. Power simply means the ability to do work. Philippians 4:13 says I can do all things by the power of Jesus Christ. God wants to use you to heal the sick so that you can truly say Jesus has the power to heal. He wants to use you to cast out demons and bring joy, peace and freedom to the captives so that you can be His witness in all these areas. When the devil takes over a life, he can do things that are negatively incredible e.g. the mad man of Gadara. On the positive side, if you are full of the Holy Ghost, God will use you to do great things that will baffle you. A politician came to the Redemption Camp during one of our congresses and said he cannot understand what is going on. He said when they are holding political rallies; they have to pay people to attend, but that in our own case, the people come en masse and give their money as offering without being paid. I told him the people are not coming to meet me but the Holy Ghost. Are you ready for God to use you these last days? Draw closer to the Holy Spirit as never before.

Memorise:
And my speech and my preaching was not with enticing words of man's wisdom, but in demonstration of the Spirit and of power:
1 Corinthians 2:4

Read:
1 Corinthians 2:1-5

Bible in one year:
Genesis 3-5

Action point:
Win at least one soul to the Lord today.

Culled from Open Heavens daily devotional for December 25, 2013 by Pastor E.A Adeboye
Visit www.dailydevotionalsonline.com everyday to read a daily devotional.
God bless you.

(1) (Reply)

How God Showed Me The Vision Of Hell (2) / Do You Like Reading The Book Of Revelation / Do You Sleep In The Church

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.