Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,089 members, 7,814,787 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 07:54 PM

Children: Trauma Of Constant Quarrels By Mom And Dad. - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Children: Trauma Of Constant Quarrels By Mom And Dad. (2664 Views)

Wife Quarrels With Husband, Dumps Six-month-old Baby On Waste / Funny Ways Couples Settle Their Quarrels / His 5 Years Old Son Wrote In His Play Book "I Don't Like My Mum And Dad" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Children: Trauma Of Constant Quarrels By Mom And Dad. by Nobody: 5:19pm On Aug 03, 2008
Well i experienced it big time and it was really nothing to joke about.
Mum and dad quarrelin over trivial issues
Just the sound of their raised voice could bring fears down our spines
We just hear shoutings and we run out.
You knw,and it was pretty embarassin esp when u have an outspoken mom like mine
Well,i use to wish they could just seperate,thinkin of the less noise.
But having two addresses,splittin the holidays,prolly havin a step bro or step sis, isnt the best form of imagination ever.So i had to burst the thought and pray for a peaceful home.
Well fortunately for me, my prayers are being answered a bit,

So tell me your experiences if any,and probably just say sumtin about the whole thing,
Re: Children: Trauma Of Constant Quarrels By Mom And Dad. by Viante(f): 5:24pm On Aug 03, 2008
My parents had their share of Quarrels

and they still have, some petty quarrels that i just roll my eyes at like

DOES IT REALLY MATTER!!!

like one day we were coming from church and my mum was driving, she loves driving
Some driver almost hit us and my mum was mad, she called the man stupid and even tried
to catch up with him, while my dad was saying she should cool down

omo na how Quarrel start o.

Anyways its one of those things, as a parent i will learn from their mistakes and make my family happier
Re: Children: Trauma Of Constant Quarrels By Mom And Dad. by ifyalways(f): 10:31pm On Aug 03, 2008
Never caught ma parents quarelling.Guess it wud be bad for/hurt the kids undecided
Re: Children: Trauma Of Constant Quarrels By Mom And Dad. by iice(f): 4:54am On Aug 04, 2008
Kindda indifferent undecided People quarrel so it's no big deal personally
Though they don't quarrel to often, they like to take funny digs at each other cheesy cheesy and laff at themselves grin cheesy
Re: Children: Trauma Of Constant Quarrels By Mom And Dad. by topup: 10:08pm On Aug 06, 2008
That's good that your prayers are being answered.

Well, my mum and dad argued a lot, it got physical at times and when I was a child I witnessed it, growing up my mum told me stories about my dad (maybe it's not good to involve the children) and for a long time I had resentment towards my father. Then my dad later told me his side also, and I just wished they'd leave us out of it, these days they don't play us against each other, but when we were younger, we were almost like an object they were fighting to own, my dad would call us and ask us to tell him things our mother said about him, he would always find some excuse, whilst my mother would tell us more and more about how my dad treated her badly and her family too.

I've had enough and it's so annoying trying to be peacemaker, they have done so much damage to themselves and if they both weren't so stubbor nthey'd be fine. My father needs a submissive - non independent woman and my mother needs a doting husband!

For a long time I wished they'd divorce, we were already only living with our mother anyway so I didn't imagine how things could change. They're still together and slowly they're moving past their differences.
Re: Children: Trauma Of Constant Quarrels By Mom And Dad. by SeanT21(f): 2:22am On Aug 07, 2008
My Mom and My Step Dad use to quarrel all the time. One night in Liberia is got physical and My mother Bit my step dad.

I used to hate it when they Quarrel. Thank God they do not live together anymore. I have a Peace of Mind!!!
Re: Children: Trauma Of Constant Quarrels By Mom And Dad. by Nobody: 2:48am On Aug 07, 2008
My mom and her husband quarrel, did it really affect me? no.

But that #@!$ man was alway trying to put me inside the quarrel, asking me if what she's doing is right or bla bla. After my mom goes out, he'd call me and try to "explain", trying to make her look bad. How old did he think I was? hiss

Me, I just dey grab my bag and walk myself out. undecided
Re: Children: Trauma Of Constant Quarrels By Mom And Dad. by Seun(m): 11:57am On Aug 07, 2008
Yo ave all obviously been affected by your parents' quarrels. Would you have preferred it if they separated?
Re: Children: Trauma Of Constant Quarrels By Mom And Dad. by Gamine(f): 12:00pm On Aug 07, 2008
Topup

its like i wrote what you posted shocked

Anyways, i wont have preferred Seperation

i cant even imagine it right now undecided undecided
Re: Children: Trauma Of Constant Quarrels By Mom And Dad. by Nobody: 1:32am On Aug 08, 2008
Seun:

Yo ave all obviously been affected by your parents' quarrels. Would you have preferred it if they separated?
@seun
I may or may not have been affected.

But their marriage status as in seperation does not really concern me.

A cold hard fact.
Re: Children: Trauma Of Constant Quarrels By Mom And Dad. by powderPink(f): 1:37am On Aug 08, 2008
some parents are just arseholes and the fact that you share thesame DNA makes us forget that some of them are just utter arseholes. Of course its traumatic to be in a home with violent quarrels and constant tiffs. the odd , normal tiff is fine but when its clear that they can not get along them for the sake of the sanity of the kids and the parent involved ,''get the hell out'' . Wish my mum divorced my mum alot lot earlier. omg you got no idea shocked
Re: Children: Trauma Of Constant Quarrels By Mom And Dad. by Nobody: 4:08pm On Aug 17, 2008
sumtimes o,seperation can feel beta for d sake of peace,
bt dat has its own negatives too.
Re: Children: Trauma Of Constant Quarrels By Mom And Dad. by yongbabe(f): 5:34pm On Aug 17, 2008
dEPending on how much they argue,
A seperation might b betta undecided
Re: Children: Trauma Of Constant Quarrels By Mom And Dad. by ssRhino: 12:56pm On Aug 18, 2008
Quarrels will always happen, but the parents shd know when to do it and when not to do it, no quarrels shd be done while the kids are there, that is why you are an adult, try to prevnt it, cos it is just not right.
Neither of the parents shd make the kids love them at the expensse of such, meaning, dont make the kids get involved, tell the kids that it is between Mom and dad and still praise each other in their presence.
I know it is not easy, but i am sure, it will help.
Re: Children: Trauma Of Constant Quarrels By Mom And Dad. by spikedcylinder: 2:20pm On Aug 18, 2008
I definately would have preferred it if my parents separated. I love them separately but together, they have bleeped me up!
Re: Children: Trauma Of Constant Quarrels By Mom And Dad. by ssRhino: 2:29pm On Aug 18, 2008
spikedcylinder:

I definately would have preferred it if my parents separated. I love them separately but together, they have bleeped me up!

Sorry to hear that, however, you wont be the only child that would have prefered something like that, but most of our mothers stayed in the marriage without love all cos of the kids, and it become more annoying when the mother now tell the kids " i am with this woman cos of you kids" cos i rather have u get out of it if you aint happy, dont sell ur happiness for mine, cos when i am married, my happiness and that of my wife will come first.
So sad, so many nigerian wives and mother are just not happy, and yet the men are having fun all over.
Re: Children: Trauma Of Constant Quarrels By Mom And Dad. by MrCrackles(m): 2:33pm On Aug 18, 2008
spikedcylinder:

ewooo! shocked

now email me and explain the meaning of this! smiley
Re: Children: Trauma Of Constant Quarrels By Mom And Dad. by Nobody: 11:01am On Aug 19, 2008
I agree
Most women stay for the sake of their children.While their children wud prefer them out for their mother's sake.What a contrast!
Re: Children: Trauma Of Constant Quarrels By Mom And Dad. by dudubobo1: 1:35pm On Aug 19, 2008
jessica, you dey here?
Re: Children: Trauma Of Constant Quarrels By Mom And Dad. by ssRhino: 1:45pm On Aug 19, 2008
jaylinaa:

I agree
Most women stay for the sake of their children.While their children would prefer them out for their mother's sake.What a contrast!

it is just really sad, cos that kinda put pressure on that kid to love the mother and always doing for the mother, cos the kid thinks the mother has gone thru torment all for him/her.

(1) (Reply)

Money Found Hidden Under A Mattress By A Guest In My Home. What Does This Mean? / Can Anyone Help? / 23 Year-old Man Weds White Granny In Lagos | See Photo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.