Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,158 members, 7,818,513 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:40 PM

Christmas is idolatrous by event and history! - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Christmas is idolatrous by event and history! (2200 Views)

Names, Origin, Ancestry And History / Christmas Is Idolatrous And Unscriptural - Pastor Kumuyi / Saying Merry Christmas Is Worst Than Fornication Or Killing Someone Says Imam (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Christmas is idolatrous by event and history! by jayloyexten(m): 12:32pm On Dec 25, 2013
I choose to start this blunt and I am sorry if it kills your Christmas appetite. But here is the truth and I do not watch it should in case it hurts. If you have ever been to a carol, then I congratulate you Mr. /Mrs. Christian, for you have succeeded in celebrating the sun and not Christ.

I woke up this morning almost riveted in the celebration of Christmas when I was caught aback by a strange wave of inspiration.You know what has been flying about the air, some clergy shooting arrows at themselves for a dry bone of Christmas celebration.

In as much as I do not want to take sides so soon, I will start up with this proverb I wrote days back.

‘When a wise man speaks it is like he puts an apple on a roof with a ladder resting on the wall. Of course the ignoramus would not believe until he takes up the steps which signify thorough unbiased research. When he is done he sees the apple on the roof and look down to wise man with a nodding grin’

The truth is BITTER.

THE FIRST REASON why Christmas is idolatry.

Maybe you do not know, Christmas was a date fixed by Constantine to replace the pagan celebration of the sun. I know you have heard that but wait- the sun dies in winter solstice into the azimuth on December 22nd and wakes up three days after on December 25th every year. Now the pagans marked December 25th to celebrate the birth of the sun; because they worship the sun.

However, when Christianity came to the limelight of pagans, the date was adopted as the day of Christ’s birth. The aim was to win the pagans easily.

But my friends, when something is unclean putting it in a clean bottle does not make it clean, or do you wash your cloth by putting them into a new bag?

This practice was adopted into Christianity but the significance of the worship of the sun wasn’t eliminated completely; of course it couldn’t be eliminated by that means.

The early Christians that converted the date of their solar worship into Christmas must have been ignorant of the word of God that says come out from among them and be ye separate says the lord, touch not the unclean thing and I will receive you unto my self. II COR 6:17KJV

The error of these past leaders is what has polished idolatry into Christianity, especially in the Catholic Church

PRACTICALS- (How We Worship Trees and the Sun in Oblivion)

Have you ever been to a carol and at one point they put off the light and place the Christmas tree with some light wrangled around it in their centre and then ‘Christian worshippers’ put on their candles and revolve round the trees like idol worshippers. After some time the light comes on again and then there are shouting’s, jubilations with sparks everywhere?

My friend if you do not know get to know now that you have just joyfully celebrated the death and the rise of the sun! what then is the difference between you and the pagan?

Take it from me I did not read it from no journal; God told me directly.

You may not understand, but if you had taken part of such worship then you have succeeded in worshipping the death and rise of the sun. And not just the sun but you have also worshipped the Christmas tree. So that makes you a twofold idolatrous man or woman!

THE HISTROY OF THE CHRISTMAS TREE.

Have you ever sought to enquire the history of the Christmas tree? How did it come about, or are you just a Christian that does not care. You just want to decorate like the pagans, yeah that is what pagans do.

Now here it is-

Just as early Christians recruited pagans by associating Christmas with the saturnalia, so worshippers of the Asheria cult and its offshoots were recruited by the church sanctioning Christmas trees. Did you understand that?

Pagans had long worshipped trees in the forest, or brought them into their homes and decorated them and this observance was adopted and painted with a Christian veneer by the church. My friend the Christmas tree is not just a tree it is the god of the pagans and Asheria cult. So we perform so many pagan rituals without knowing right? God loves us that why He is telling us this.

ORIGIN OF THE MISTLETOE

Another idolatrous event in the Christmas celebration is the kissing under the mistletoe.

Norse mythology recounts how the god Balder was killed using mistletoe arrow by his rival god Hoder while fighting for the female Nanna. Druid rituals use mistletoe to poison their human sacrificial victim. The Christian custom of ‘kissing under the mistletoe’ is a later synthesis of the sexual license of saturnalia with the Druidic sacrificial cult.

Have you ever heard this song, ‘I saw mummy kissing Santa Claus’ maybe if you are not in catholic you may not know about the Christmas kiss under the mistletoe. I will stop there.

THE ORIGIN OF CHRISTMAS PRESENTS.

In pre-Christian Rome, the emperors compelled their most despised citizens to bring offerings and gifts during the saturnalia (in December) and Kalends (in January). Later, this ritual expanded to include gift-giving among the general populace. The Catholic Church gave this custom a Christian flavor by re-rooting it in the supposed gift-giving of Saint Nicholas.

Now who says that Saint Nicholas is actually a saint?

ORIGIN OF SANTA CLAUS

-Nicholas was born in Parara, Turkey in 270 CE and later became bishop of Myra. He died in 345 CE on December 6th. He was only named a saint in the 19th century.

-He was among the most senior bishops who convened the council of Nicaea in 325 CE and created the New Testament. The text they produced portrayed Jews as ‘the children of the devil’ who sentenced Jesus death.

-In 1807 a group idolized Nicholas and moved him down to Turkey to a sanctuary in Bari, Italy. There Nicholas supplanted a female boon-giving deity called The Grandmother, or Pasqual Epiphania, who used to fill the children’s stockings with their gifts. The grandmother was ousted from her shrine at Bari, which became the centre of the Nicholas cult. Members of the group gave each other gifts during a pageant they conducted annually on the anniversary of Nicholas death, December 6th. (Epiphany day right)

The Nicholas cult spread north until it was adopted by German and Celtic pagans. These groups worshipped A PATHEON LED BY WODEN- their chief god and the father of Thor, Balder, and Tiw. (Wednesday as we have it today was named after Woden; Woden’s day- Tuesday after Tiw, Tiw’s day. In fact all the days of the week are named after pagan gods)

It HAD A LONG, WHITE BEARD AND RODE A HORSE THROUGH THE HEAVENS ONE EVENING EACH AUTUMN. When Nicholas merged with Woden, he shed his Mediterranean appearance, grew a beard, mounted a flying horse, rescheduled his flight for December, and donned heavy winter clothing.

In a bid for pagan adherents in Northern Europe, the Catholic Church adopted the Nicholas cult and taught that he did (and they should) distribute gifts on December 25th instead of December 6th

In 1809, the novelist Washington Irving (most famous his The legend of sleepy hollow and Rip van winkle) wrote a satire of Dutch culture entitled knickerbocker History. The satire refers several times to the white bearded, flying-horse riding saint Nicholas using the Dutch name, Santa Claus.

Dr Clement Moore, a professor at Union Seminary, read knickerbocker history, and in 1822 he published a poem based on the character Santa Claus:

‘t’was the night before Christmas,

When all through the house,

Not a creature was stirring

Not even a mouse

The stockings were hung by the chimney with care

In the hope that saint Nicholas soon would be there’

Moore innovated by portraying a Santa with eight reindeer who descended through chimneys.

The Bavarian illustrator almost completed the modern Santa Claus. From 1862 through 1886, based on Moore’s poem, Nast drew more than 2200 cartoon images for Santa for Harper’s weekly. Before Nast, Saint Nicholas has been pictured as everything from a stern looking Bishop to a gnome-like figure in a frock. Nast also gave Santa a home at the North Pole; his workshop filled with elves and his list of the good and the bad children of the world. All Santa was missing was his red outfit.

In 1931, the coca cola Corporation contracted the Swedish commercial artist Haddon Sundblom to create a coke-drinking Santa. Sundblom modeled his Santa on his friend Lou prentice, chosen for his cheerful, chubby face. The corporation insisted that Santa’s fur-trimmed suit be bright, coca Cola red. And the Santa was brown- a blend of Christian Crusader, pagan god, and commercial idol.

Yes that is the Santa we Christians make and bring into churches on Christmas day.

CHALLENGE

Christmas has always been a holiday celebrated carelessly. For millennia, pagans, Christians, and even Jews have been swept away in the season’s festivities, and very few people ever pause to consider the celebrations intrinsic meaning, history or origins.

Christmas celebrates the birth of the Christian god who came to rescue mankind from the ‘curse of Torah’ it is a 24-hour declaration that Judaism is no longer valid.

Christmas is a lie. There is no Christian tradition that Jesus was really born on December 25th.

December 25th is a day on which Jews have been shamed, tortured and murdered.

Many of the most popular Christmas customs- including Christmas trees, mistletoe, Christmas presents, and Santa Claus- are modern incarnations of the most depraved modern rituals ever practiced on earth.

My Message To The Pentecostals.

The Pentecostals ought to have less of this sting of idolatry, but it seems to be the hardest thing the Pentecostals can leave to the Orthodox Church.

Now someone is complaining and saying,

so you mean I cannot celebrate the birth of Jesus Christ, what do you mean are you saying that Jesus did not come into the world, I am serving Jesus and I know it, even the angels celebrated Jesus’s birth, I do not care about an idol all I care about is Jesus!(yes you care about Jesus but Jesus cares more about you)

Fine you want to associate with Jesus and right now you want to forget about Santa, Mistletoe and all others. But let me ask you this question.

Which of the many Christmas celebration have you sat down to really tell Christ from the bottom of your heart that ‘I am grateful for coming to save me’ or even tell him by your actions.

Is it not the day you hang out with your friends, over eat, over sex, over drink, over shout, over watch films, over sleep, over blow banger over do everything without turning over to tell Jesus that you are grateful.

Listen my dare friend. Didn’t Solomon say that the day of death is better than the day of birth?

Jesus did not say we should celebrate his BIRTH he said that we should celebrate his DEATH. But what do we see today, churches go haywire celebrating Christmas but when it comes to Easter, it is to your tents o Isreal. The world does not care about the death Jesus Christ, they do not care about easter, the do not care about the blood he shed on calvarys tree they care about Christmas and that is why the world remains in the bondage of sin and sickness.

We glorify the birth of Christ when it is not the birth of Christ that redeems us but the death. It is paganism! The devil is so cunny, beware of his vice.

If at all you want to celebrate the birth of Christ, do it every day. If you want to choose a date, be careful with 25th of December and all the rituals that follow.

My friends this are the last day’s revival, he that has an ear let him hear what the spirit is saying to the church. Stop yelling and arguing, pray and think. God will help you.

In Jesus Name.

Amen.

reference
www.simpletoremember.com/vitals/Christmas_TheRealStory.htm
www.jayloyexten.[size=8pt][/size]

1 Like

Re: Christmas is idolatrous by event and history! by FiftyFifty(m): 12:52pm On Dec 25, 2013
Hmm...
Re: Christmas is idolatrous by event and history! by waterfas: 1:19pm On Dec 25, 2013
Ok, what about sunday?
Re: Christmas is idolatrous by event and history! by jayloyexten(m): 2:32pm On Dec 25, 2013
waterfas: Ok, what about sunday?

i am not sure u read the post. u would not be askin that.
im talkin of event and not day. the earth is d lord's and the fulness thereof.
Re: Christmas is idolatrous by event and history! by IfyChuky(m): 4:08pm On Dec 25, 2013
jayloyexten:

We share same totz... Xmas aint worth d eminence it has gained. Its so pitiable how pple ignorantly grew to embrace a certain believe, yet most care little about knowing the truth behind it. Others who managed 2 come across it has chose to remain dogmatic, but just view my Idea on it @ https://www.nairaland.com/1568473/ever-cared-know-truth-christmas#1568473.1
Re: Christmas is idolatrous by event and history! by Nobody: 5:01pm On Dec 25, 2013
Jayloy Jayloy...personally I believe there is more to christainity than meets the eye...

but as for this christmas issue it has eaten deep into the marrows of our people...

no amount of words can change that...

Merry christmas by d way!...
Re: Christmas is idolatrous by event and history! by IfyChuky(m): 5:16pm On Dec 25, 2013
fr3edoh: Jayloy Jayloy...personally I believe there is more to christainity than meets the eye...

but as for this christmas issue it has eaten deep into the marrows of our people...

It truely doesnt mata if its deeply rooted, or shallow. It doesnt mata if it has lasted a decade, a century or evn 4a millenium, wat truely counts is d fact dat d truth has bn said, and it ought to be accceted. We cud put a Demise to it, if We try... At least If not in d world, bt around our Individual Worlds.

Lol!
Re: Christmas is idolatrous by event and history! by Ubenedictus(m): 5:34pm On Dec 25, 2013
I couldn't help laughing wen i read your post. It has many uninteresting and subtle lies hidden behind some truth. It suffice for me to simply demonstrate this by asking you to provide an historic source where it is implied that constantine started christmas. If you can't do that then i suggest you review the untruths you have posted above.
Re: Christmas is idolatrous by event and history! by jayloyexten(m): 6:02pm On Dec 25, 2013
IfyChuky:

We share same totz... Xmas aint worth d eminence it has gained. Its so pitiable how pple ignorantly grew to embrace a certain believe, yet most care little about knowing the truth behind it. Others who managed 2 come across it has chose to remain dogmatic, but just view my Idea on it @ https://www.nairaland.com/1568473/ever-cared-know-truth-christmas#1568473.1

well i'm smilin because i just found one who is reasonable.
its not about yelling its about looking into the facts and asking God somethings. I wish people will seek the truth.
nice idea u got there@link

1 Like

Re: Christmas is idolatrous by event and history! by IfyChuky(m): 6:03pm On Dec 25, 2013
Ubenedictus: I couldn't help laughing wen i read your post. It has many uninteresting and subtle lies hidden behind some truth. It suffice for me to simply demonstrate this by asking you to provide an historic source where it is implied that constantine started christmas. If you can't do that then i suggest you review the untruths you have posted above.

Most tyms I kept wondering how gud perverts cud be at rendering Riposte. U've got nyz lines doh, bt jez note;

There has always bn a clear diffrnc b/w an inventor and a refurblisher or promoter.

None eva said Constantine invented the celebration of Yuletide, but History has always identified him to Incorporating this act into the christain belief. He also had it renamed, just to mek it gain d appeal it has today. You could wanna Read this too @ https://www.nairaland.com/1568473/ever-cared-know-truth-christmas#1568473.1

1 Like

Re: Christmas is idolatrous by event and history! by jayloyexten(m): 6:07pm On Dec 25, 2013
fr3edoh: Jayloy Jayloy...personally I believe there is more to christainity than meets the eye...

are we scared of change, is the truth so grievous?
well i know that its difficult, it was for me too, and that was why i researched. but am i going to say -becase people are so used to idolatry i wouldnt trash it?

well thanks for your reasonable point.

same to u.
Re: Christmas is idolatrous by event and history! by IfyChuky(m): 6:07pm On Dec 25, 2013
jayloyexten:

well i'm smilin because i just found one who is reasonable.
its not about yelling its about looking into the facts and asking God somethings. I wish people will seek the truth.
nice idea u got there@link

U're welcome!
Re: Christmas is idolatrous by event and history! by jayloyexten(m): 6:12pm On Dec 25, 2013
i think we need to push this to d front page!
Re: Christmas is idolatrous by event and history! by Ubenedictus(m): 6:22pm On Dec 25, 2013
My dear i dont need praise about my nice lines. My point i believe is very clear, ur post contain unproved and unprovable statements.
IfyChuky:

Most tyms I kept wondering how gud perverts cud be at rendering Riposte. U've got nyz lines doh, bt jez note;

There has always bn a clear diffrnc b/w an inventor and a refurblisher or promoter.

None eva said Constantine invented the celebration of Yuletide, but History has always identified him to Incorporating this act into the christain belief. He also had it renamed, just to mek it gain d appeal it has today. You could wanna Read this too @ https://www.nairaland.com/1568473/ever-cared-know-truth-christmas#1568473.1
you said we should deal with facts simply show me a historic source that implies that constantine inserted or promoted or refurbished 25 as christmas. Please note a nl link is not an historic source. Peace.
Re: Christmas is idolatrous by event and history! by thrizzle(m): 6:24pm On Dec 25, 2013
op you can't even spell "history" correctly. ode
Re: Christmas is idolatrous by event and history! by Ubenedictus(m): 6:47pm On Dec 25, 2013
thrizzle: op you can't even spell "history" correctly. ode
take am easy, e never reach for insults na!
Re: Christmas is idolatrous by event and history! by Nobody: 7:02pm On Dec 25, 2013
Ubenedictus: My dear i dont need praise about my nice lines. My point i believe is very clear, ur post contain unproved and unprovable statements. you said we should deal with facts simply show me a historic source that implies that constantine inserted or promoted or refurbished 25 as christmas. Please note a nl link is not an historic source. Peace.

You de mind the ode!!! Constantine has got nothing to do with the designation of 25 December as christmass day
Re: Christmas is idolatrous by event and history! by jayloyexten(m): 7:04pm On Dec 25, 2013
Ubenedictus: My dear i dont need praise about my nice lines. My point i believe is very clear, ur post contain unproved and unprovable statements. you said we should deal with facts simply show me a historic source that implies that constantine inserted or promoted or refurbished 25 as christmas. Please note a nl link is not an historic source. Peace.

is that the most important thing to you,
among all I have said?

well for source here it is.
http://www.allaboutjesuschrist.org/emperor-constantine-faq.htm
Re: Christmas is idolatrous by event and history! by jayloyexten(m): 7:08pm On Dec 25, 2013
chukwudi44:

You de mind the ode!!! Constantine has got nothing to do with the designation of 25 December as christmass day

fine Pope Julius officially
declared that the birth of Jesus would be celebrated on the
25th December.

for Constatine part, chk d link i gave.
there is no point in takin' it with accrimonies.
i am not fightin' nobody. and if you feel its an error in research, then be... i min say it better.
Re: Christmas is idolatrous by event and history! by Ubenedictus(m): 7:24pm On Dec 25, 2013
jayloyexten:

is that the most important thing to you,
among all I have said?

well for source here it is.
http://www.allaboutjesuschrist.org/emperor-constantine-faq.htm
my dear that link isn't a historical source nor does it quote an historic source or attempt to do so. That is just another article written by an internet writter without proof.
Re: Christmas is idolatrous by event and history! by Nobody: 7:25pm On Dec 25, 2013
jayloyexten:

fine Pope Julius officially
declared that the birth of Jesus would be celebrated on the
25th December.

for Constatine part, chk d link i gave.
there is no point in takin' it with accrimonies.
i am not fightin' nobody. and if you feel its an error in research, then be... i min say it better.

Olodo constantine was dead when pope julius ascended the throne
Re: Christmas is idolatrous by event and history! by jayloyexten(m): 7:43pm On Dec 25, 2013
chukwudi44:

Olodo constantine was dead when pope julius ascended the throne

do u really read to understand?
i never said he was alive or dead, i did not make such comment. i dropped an expository link of which im sure you did not read.

these are only trivials compared to the message of the post.
u better stop deflectin' and findin' lacunas, rather think on the subject as a christian and not a pagan!
Re: Christmas is idolatrous by event and history! by Nobody: 7:52pm On Dec 25, 2013
Christmas is Pagan but so is worshiping your mega pastors, the trinity doctrine, eternal torment, the sign of the cross, etc etc.

Its all a total mess !

Only Jesus can save.

Dump all this religious garbage and come out of mystery Babylon.

2 Likes

Re: Christmas is idolatrous by event and history! by Ubenedictus(m): 8:12pm On Dec 25, 2013
frosbel: Christmas is Pagan but so is worshiping your mega pastors, the trinity doctrine, eternal torment, the sign of the cross, etc etc.

Its all a total mess !

Only Jesus can save.

Dump all this religious garbage and come out of mystery Babylon.
hehehehe, hw have ya been, it been a long time since i read your post. I wont be surprised if tomorrow you say Jesus didnt really rise again.

(1) (Reply)

Mercy / 3 Great Quotes From A Great Scientist / What Does It Mean To Bind The Strong Man?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.