Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,429 members, 7,815,967 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:26 PM

If Your Parents Were Less Protective, Would You Turn Out A Better Adult - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / If Your Parents Were Less Protective, Would You Turn Out A Better Adult (754 Views)

Nigerian Mothers....Always Over Protective! / Inter-tribal Marriages,....... How Did It Turn Out For You / What Can Make You Turn Your Partner's Intimacy Approach Down? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

If Your Parents Were Less Protective, Would You Turn Out A Better Adult by amosadamu: 9:21pm On Dec 25, 2013
I thought about this issue over and over a few days ago, and I concluded I would have been a better person if my parents were not over protective.
From deciding to be a science student, to choosing the right couse in the university, to waiting for the perfect time to learn to drive a car, to going out with the right woman.
My parents were all over me all in the name of wanting the best, but alas the streets taught me survival skills and I am better of today.
Share your own views and experience
Re: If Your Parents Were Less Protective, Would You Turn Out A Better Adult by Afrocatalyst: 9:54pm On Dec 25, 2013
No.
Am a better man because of that. Infact,I would have been killed if not for their over-protective ability. I was a very vulnerable person as a child,easily influenced by both gals and guys.
Thank God for that cos now I know better,having become a parent too.
Re: If Your Parents Were Less Protective, Would You Turn Out A Better Adult by braine(m): 11:05pm On Dec 25, 2013
It doesn't matter. I'm a better person, with or without their over-protection.
Re: If Your Parents Were Less Protective, Would You Turn Out A Better Adult by Kanwulia: 5:44pm On Dec 26, 2013
I doubt I would have been a better adult. cool
NIGERIANS MAKE LOUSY PARENTS! Poverty robs them of the opportunity to 'nurture' and 'foster' healthy relationships consistently and purposefully. EVERYTHING HAS TO BE A BARGAINING CHIP!
It was a personal choice FOR US ALL. . .THE CHILDREN! cool

We ALL got lucky. . .By the time we left home. . .it was too late to pick up bad habits!
We had found a SOLID foundation within ourselves. . . because there was no room for NEGATIVE INFLUENCES!
THANK YOU DARLING DADDY! FOR KEEPING US LOCKED UP!!!! cool

Being left with my mom would have been a different story entirely. . . FRANKLY PUT? VERY UNFIT. . . TOOOOOOOOOOOOOO INDULGENT! kiss
We for just rotten finish ke! cheesy

I have to thank AMERICA. . . MY DARLING AMERICA for a productive adult life. . . .I learned how to be a beautiful BLACK. . .INDEPENDENT WOMAN who learned HOW NOT TO TAKE BULLSHYTE FROM GOD, SPIRIT, MAN, WOMAN, CHILD, PLANT OR ANIMAL! kiss

2 Likes

Re: If Your Parents Were Less Protective, Would You Turn Out A Better Adult by RoyalRoy(m): 3:23am On Dec 27, 2013
amos adamu: I thought about this issue over and over a few days ago, and I concluded I would have been a better person if my parents were not over protective.
From deciding to be a science student, to choosing the right couse in the university, to waiting for the perfect time to learn to drive a car, to going out with the right woman.
My parents were all over me all in the name of wanting the best, but alas the streets taught me survival skills and I am better of today.
Share your own views and experience

And you think your few years on the Streets made you a better man today?

Lollllz.

There is nothing like good parents nurturing their child in the way to grow cos when he grows he shall not depart from it.

Thank your parents, you might have turned into an armed robber or even dead by now while learning on the Streets
Re: If Your Parents Were Less Protective, Would You Turn Out A Better Adult by ireneidiva(f): 1:51pm On Dec 27, 2013
Nah, experiences(personal and other peoples own) me a better adult.
Re: If Your Parents Were Less Protective, Would You Turn Out A Better Adult by ireneidiva(f): 1:53pm On Dec 27, 2013
Experiences(personal and other peoples own) made me a better adult. You need God's grace to be a good nigerian parent.
Re: If Your Parents Were Less Protective, Would You Turn Out A Better Adult by psalm68(m): 2:00pm On Dec 27, 2013
we are largely what our parents have moulded us into.however so many other factors have help in shaping our lives.
Friends have alot of influence on us,likewise the media.so many things and behavior that ll tend to exibit later in our lives are concious and unconcious effect of things that might have happened around us years back.

(1) (Reply)

Photos: Sudanese Woman Meriam Ibrahim Meets The Pope / Jobs In Nigeria Www.hot-jobs-in-nigeria..com / 30 Ways To Kill A Marriage

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.