Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,807 members, 7,956,063 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 11:17 PM

OBJ's Letter: Al-Mustapha Challenges Obasanjo To Public Debate Over Allegations - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / OBJ's Letter: Al-Mustapha Challenges Obasanjo To Public Debate Over Allegations (20273 Views)

How Sani Abacha Died…AL Mustapha. NOT BY APPLE / Tukur Responds To Obj’s Letter, Advises OBJ To Thread With Caution / $67B Reserves: Ezekwesili Challenges Maku To Public Debate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

OBJ's Letter: Al-Mustapha Challenges Obasanjo To Public Debate Over Allegations by nsk1stson: 5:52am On Dec 26, 2013
OBJ's Letter: Al-Mustapha Challenges Obasanjo To Public Debate Over Allegations
25 December, 2013

The former Chief Security Officer to late Head of State, Sani Abacha, Hamza Al-Mustapha, has responded to the allegations by former president Olusegun Obasanjo contained in his famous letter to President Goodluck Jonathan that he (Al-Mustapha) was released from prison to help the president train assassins to eliminate opposition politicians

Speaking to the Hausa Service of the Voice of America, VOA, monitored in Abuja on Wednesday, Mr. Al-Mustapha challenged the ex-president to a public debate on the allegations he raised.

Mr. Al-Mustapha said he was away in India receiving treatment for injuries he sustained while in detention during the administrations of Abdulsalami Abubakar and Mr. Obasanjo when he heard of the allegations via a letter published exclusively by PREMIUM TIMES.

“I read Obasanjo’s letter and subsequent comments by Nigerians, I would have responded immediately, but I was away in India receiving treatment,” he said. He also said although his name was not mentioned in the letter, he was sure the former president was referring to him. “If he has anything to say on me, he should mention me directly or even challenge me and not make allusions,” Mr. Al-Mustapha said.

The former presidential security chief challenged Mr. Obasanjo to publicly ask him anything. He promised to provide OBJ with answers. Mr. Al-Mustapha swore that the allegation that he is being used by Mr. Jonathan to train assassins is false.

http://news.naij.com/55058.html

According to his words, he has always been in the vanguard of coming to the aide of people from the north to be recruited into the military and para-military agencies. The official added that he would therefore never involve himself in anything that would hurt the region.

“Perhaps it is Obasanjo and his cronies that are planning what he was insinuating,” he added.

Mr. Al-Mustapha also said he had decided to forgive all those who had a hand in his incarceration when he was being tried for the murder of Kudirat Abiola, wife of the winner of the June 12, 1993 presidential election, Kudirat Abiola.

He was initially convicted for the murder by a Lagos High Court but was discharged and acquitted by the Court of Appeal.

He lamented that some people, including Mr. Obasanjo, failed to accept that fact and still harbour fears about him and what he knows about them.

“I urge everyone to pray for Obasanjo to accept my challenge for a public debate so that the truth will come out,” he said.
READ MORE: http://news.naij.com/55058.html

2 Likes

Re: OBJ's Letter: Al-Mustapha Challenges Obasanjo To Public Debate Over Allegations by sainty2k3(m): 8:02am On Dec 26, 2013
@topic : political drama in Nigeria has turn to season fim, new episodes unfolding, let's keep watching.
Btw first to comment , yea!!!!!!!!! Happy boxing day
Re: OBJ's Letter: Al-Mustapha Challenges Obasanjo To Public Debate Over Allegations by Nobody: 9:59am On Dec 26, 2013
Nigeria their chess board, the masses, their pawns...

Obj, Al-mustapha, GEJ, Tinubu, Buhari et-al are all actors and script writers.

As for me and my brain, we shall continue to try to fathom with why they do all those things;

Be it for diversionary purpose or

To mind trap Nigerians or

To subconsciously get them to do somethings etc.

Whatever it is, the Lord Yehusha will take his cause sooner.

1 Like

Re: OBJ's Letter: Al-Mustapha Challenges Obasanjo To Public Debate Over Allegations by iamswizz(m): 11:07am On Dec 26, 2013
If not for GEJ's patience

Obj should have been locked up in Kirikiri by now angry

6 Likes

Re: OBJ's Letter: Al-Mustapha Challenges Obasanjo To Public Debate Over Allegations by DonColz1(m): 11:07am On Dec 26, 2013
Like this post if you think that obasanjo is taking this case too far and he needs to settle the problem now

20 Likes

Re: OBJ's Letter: Al-Mustapha Challenges Obasanjo To Public Debate Over Allegations by ritux: 11:08am On Dec 26, 2013
Ok
Re: OBJ's Letter: Al-Mustapha Challenges Obasanjo To Public Debate Over Allegations by Winners72(m): 11:08am On Dec 26, 2013
Al-mustapha that shuld have died by hanging. No be his fault ooo jare.

7 Likes

Re: OBJ's Letter: Al-Mustapha Challenges Obasanjo To Public Debate Over Allegations by mcfynest(m): 11:08am On Dec 26, 2013
wow number 6
Re: OBJ's Letter: Al-Mustapha Challenges Obasanjo To Public Debate Over Allegations by ziccoit: 11:09am On Dec 26, 2013
OBJ, Al-Mustapha, GEJ etc are the winners. The loosers are the common masses upon whose heads these idiots are playing games. Imagine an Al-Mustapha who is supposed to be rotten in jail challenging OBJ, who is supposed to be cooling off in maximum security prison, to public debate over one of the world most corrupt presidents- GEJ, who is supposed to be serving a live jail term for failure to live up to the expectations his believers had in him.

53 Likes

Re: OBJ's Letter: Al-Mustapha Challenges Obasanjo To Public Debate Over Allegations by ITbomb(m): 11:09am On Dec 26, 2013
No need for a debate but there must be reason you were released

12 Likes

Re: OBJ's Letter: Al-Mustapha Challenges Obasanjo To Public Debate Over Allegations by Nobody: 11:11am On Dec 26, 2013
reserved
Re: OBJ's Letter: Al-Mustapha Challenges Obasanjo To Public Debate Over Allegations by nerodenero: 11:11am On Dec 26, 2013
The script-writer did a good job.Never knew OBJ was that good in this aspect.Recruiting GEJ and Al-Mustapha to play leading roles was awesome.As the drama unfolds,I just pray evil wont overcome good.Cant wait to see the end.Fingers crossed for nowgringringrin

3 Likes

Re: OBJ's Letter: Al-Mustapha Challenges Obasanjo To Public Debate Over Allegations by Network001(m): 11:11am On Dec 26, 2013
Funni.....theif dey challenge thief...Nigeria sha :-XFunni.....theif dey challenge thief...Nigeria sha
Re: OBJ's Letter: Al-Mustapha Challenges Obasanjo To Public Debate Over Allegations by Jpreyz(m): 11:11am On Dec 26, 2013
Hmm,its really getting more interesting...i hope baba Iyabo replies him
Re: OBJ's Letter: Al-Mustapha Challenges Obasanjo To Public Debate Over Allegations by Nobody: 11:12am On Dec 26, 2013
this dude knows much... OBJ should'nt have involved him!

3 Likes

Re: OBJ's Letter: Al-Mustapha Challenges Obasanjo To Public Debate Over Allegations by nerodenero: 11:13am On Dec 26, 2013
DonColz1: Like this post if you think that obasanjo is taking this case too far and he needs to settle the problem now
I dont care who is involved and who needs to settle whatever,these dudes have taken us for granted for far too long,we demand to know the TRUTH and now is the time.

1 Like

Re: OBJ's Letter: Al-Mustapha Challenges Obasanjo To Public Debate Over Allegations by tunajay(m): 11:14am On Dec 26, 2013
Diz is superstory o...{singing}...abeg! Mek u take xmas fud com 4 me jawe
Re: OBJ's Letter: Al-Mustapha Challenges Obasanjo To Public Debate Over Allegations by hajikebs(m): 11:14am On Dec 26, 2013
I love what is happening......
Re: OBJ's Letter: Al-Mustapha Challenges Obasanjo To Public Debate Over Allegations by alaoeri: 11:17am On Dec 26, 2013
iamswizz: If not for GEJ's patience

Obj should have been locked up in Kirikiri by now angry

If not for OBJ's magomago GEJ will never be the president of this country.

7 Likes

Re: OBJ's Letter: Al-Mustapha Challenges Obasanjo To Public Debate Over Allegations by mustaphagreens(m): 11:18am On Dec 26, 2013
Re: OBJ's Letter: Al-Mustapha Challenges Obasanjo To Public Debate Over Allegations by Polchiz(m): 11:18am On Dec 26, 2013
OBJ has created a BIG problem for himself.

5 Likes

Re: OBJ's Letter: Al-Mustapha Challenges Obasanjo To Public Debate Over Allegations by Soso990240(m): 11:19am On Dec 26, 2013
Ok
Re: OBJ's Letter: Al-Mustapha Challenges Obasanjo To Public Debate Over Allegations by Hoii(m): 11:19am On Dec 26, 2013
Al Mustapha sure knows a lot. OBJ won't dare accept the challenge for a debate

6 Likes

Re: OBJ's Letter: Al-Mustapha Challenges Obasanjo To Public Debate Over Allegations by ucyoma(m): 11:22am On Dec 26, 2013
I also challenge OBJ to go for d debate if truly his allegations are genuine

IF NOT

He shd bow his head in shame n quietly send himsef 2 exile b4..........

3 Likes

Re: OBJ's Letter: Al-Mustapha Challenges Obasanjo To Public Debate Over Allegations by paulworld(m): 11:22am On Dec 26, 2013
This guys just dey play with me

I dey vex
Re: OBJ's Letter: Al-Mustapha Challenges Obasanjo To Public Debate Over Allegations by Soso990240(m): 11:23am On Dec 26, 2013
DonColz1: Like this post if you think that obasanjo is taking this case too far and he needs to settle the problem now
cheesy
Re: OBJ's Letter: Al-Mustapha Challenges Obasanjo To Public Debate Over Allegations by ochukoccna: 11:26am On Dec 26, 2013
Hmnn!
In a sane society, the likes of Al Mustapha would be locked away for life in lieu of his headship of Abacha's killer squad
But Nigeria is no sane society and OBJ is no saint
It is apparent Mustapha has dirt on OBJ and many of our past bigwig leaders
However, rather than do an 'Edward Snowden' on them with what he knows, he's content on blackmail cool cool

2 Likes

Re: OBJ's Letter: Al-Mustapha Challenges Obasanjo To Public Debate Over Allegations by PalmTree(m): 11:26am On Dec 26, 2013

Stop scouting for cheap likes... Make your point and move on.

4 Likes

Re: OBJ's Letter: Al-Mustapha Challenges Obasanjo To Public Debate Over Allegations by moneybag100: 11:27am On Dec 26, 2013
Bloody Murderer!
Re: OBJ's Letter: Al-Mustapha Challenges Obasanjo To Public Debate Over Allegations by thehunted(m): 11:28am On Dec 26, 2013
Let them face themselves in a debate. I trust Nigerians,they will form their opinions instead of allowing these guys debate. More truth will come out from such debate. I see obj wants to carry out some assassinations like he used to when he was in power.

2 Likes

Re: OBJ's Letter: Al-Mustapha Challenges Obasanjo To Public Debate Over Allegations by geolabious(m): 11:28am On Dec 26, 2013
I think "Replyn Saga" is the lastest ish now. Obj brb am gonna reply u very soon. Lol

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Jumoke Akinjide Returns N650m To EFCC / Femi Kuti: "Tear Obasanjo And Babangida's Letters, Don't Give Them Audience" / Do These Set Of People Vote ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.