Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,613 members, 7,809,244 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:34 AM

My Own Fair Experience With The Boko Harams - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / My Own Fair Experience With The Boko Harams (879 Views)

Funny PHCN Photos (share Your Experience With Them) / My Near Death Experience With The Nigerian Police - DIARY Of A Jobless Youth / My Experience With A Native Doctor (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Own Fair Experience With The Boko Harams by barackodam: 6:33am On Dec 26, 2013
It all started in my journey, i took a luxurious bus, Kaduna to Lagos....meanwhile the man sitting beside me had been coming from Yola, so he must have been tired of sitting...at about 3am in d midnight(nt really sure of d tym), the man had suffered enough discomfort to the extent that he could not sit down, he was kneeling on the chair, there i felt pity 4 him....he then startd his discussion, something led to one thing nd the other led to another.
"mehn na wa o, ds our govt sha, make God jst help us" he was complaining of the too much road blocks in which Soldiers/Army men were at, then d man at our back joined, "wait, what is all this road blocks for, aint dey too much?" asking, peharps talking to himself, who knows, then the man replied, "it is as a result of those insurgent" then the man started his story:
when i was in Damaturu, it was hell, u no all ds Federal jobs, they do transfer anyhow, thats how i was dumped in Damaturu i had heard a lot about those Boko Harams, but i had not experienced, now, i was going to experience it, you know, as a Soldierman(thats when we knew he was 1) we are meant to protect the nation, though on our way going we were in the middle, two cars(supposedly Toyota hilux) were ahead and behind us, i was stil wondering why that, when i started hearing sounds of gunshot, due to fear, i buried my head in the car as though it was our vehicle that was being targeted, then the exchange of guns continued, luckily, the BH BOYS[as i (the writer not narrator) call them], they never had any partern of spraying, they just shoot sporadically, they ran short of bullets and ran away....we got to our abode...we stayed there, the next day we went to a camp where many ppl were hiding(refugee camp i supose), those boys came there also, this time we were ready 4 them, we exchanged fire and gun down some of them, that was wen i new that all of them(BH BOIZ) were kids, none of them could be more than 25, i was so touched, and i was feeling that was thats how this children would have gun me down?...i was asking mysef that question when we got info that they had raided another village, off we went, unluckily for us, most of them(villagers) were not hausas, they were Kanuris, so there wasn't easy communication between us and the villagers, by the time we got there, they were gone 1ce again, we were deeply sadened because though we just arrived, those guys were still terrorizing the village, they came and run away evriday like that for sometime, then we were frustrated and tired of it...shockingly, where they usually stay was not that far from the emir's palace, and before we got there, they vanished, out of anger, our leader entered the palace and shouted at the top of is voice, 'if we were not allowed to search the palace, he would order it to be burnt down' so they allowed us, and lo! We brought out nothing less than 15-20 boys we suspect to be among, thats why i keep saying, all these things happening, our leaders are aware, buh they keep mute, imagine Boko Haram using Emir's palace as hideout and the Emir never complained....we left there and for about a week, the villages were peacefull once again"
to b continued...
Re: My Own Fair Experience With The Boko Harams by dejt4u(m): 7:40am On Dec 26, 2013
Following
Re: My Own Fair Experience With The Boko Harams by KenJak(m): 7:51am On Dec 26, 2013
Imagine a whole stupid Emir harbouring the enemies of peace!
Re: My Own Fair Experience With The Boko Harams by snika: 8:22am On Dec 26, 2013
Write your words in full Mr., or forget about writing. Writing is not meant for everybody.
Re: My Own Fair Experience With The Boko Harams by barackodam: 8:42am On Dec 26, 2013
snika: Write your words in full Mr., or forget about writing. Writing is not meant for everybody.

Noted!!!
Re: My Own Fair Experience With The Boko Harams by OluwaKoopa(m): 8:51am On Dec 26, 2013
Interesting story, poor writing.
Re: My Own Fair Experience With The Boko Harams by barackodam: 8:54am On Dec 26, 2013
Tanx 4 all ur criticism, its jst dt, dz is my 1st story, and am used to shortening words, dts y, blv me, i'l adhere to ur observations

2 Likes

Re: My Own Fair Experience With The Boko Harams by Xplodes2700(m): 3:50pm On Dec 26, 2013
Following
Re: My Own Fair Experience With The Boko Harams by barackodam: 5:29am On Dec 27, 2013
Continuation...
"Just when we thought the villages were once normal and peace was back, the boys striked again, this time, it was sudden, we never expected them, but our job was to keep them away, so, we started exchanging fire once again till they disappeared, though they had disappeared, but our conscience wasnt satisfied we were of the thinking that, what if they strike again, so this time, we followed them, we traced them unknowingly, and to our greatest shock, we discovered a very large estate, where to my estimate, the boys inside where about 2000, at least, not less than 1500, then we started "wining and dining" as we were giving them the chicken meat, we were sending them the champagne, since the boys found out that they had been raided, they tried escaping, buh they could nt as we had guided the whole escape route, and surprysingly, when escaping, they had no weapons with them, i could nt phantom this, because it was unlyk them, but what made them being able to gun down more was the fact that they could not do things or escape silently, while escaping, since we had gathered round the whole escape route, they tend to match and or step on us, a lot of them did that mistake and the mistake aided us in taking them down more easily, when we were done and returning back, we noticed we were already out of Damaturu, invariably, they came from outside Damaturu to raid us, we returned home peacefully and the villages where once again peaceful and silent, the villagers thanked us, but we, we were our job"

he also told us how the BH BOIZ entad 9ja
"you know how they entered Nigeria, they were not Nigerians initially, they were all those Malians, Darfurs, Sudanese etc." it was at this moment that the man behind us retorted, "i knew it, Nigerians do not have that kind of heart," i also had that mindset, then the man continued his narration, "they came to the country through Maiduguri as mere Preachers, they came to preach Islam and this made them get the peoples love easily, the villagers believed them, and when they had secured the trust of the people, they showed their real or true colour"

to be continued
Re: My Own Fair Experience With The Boko Harams by Nobody: 9:54am On Dec 27, 2013
Continue please following you like hilux
Re: My Own Fair Experience With The Boko Harams by Nobody: 9:09pm On Dec 27, 2013
interesting...Follows thread
Hope this is not fiction o... undecided
Re: My Own Fair Experience With The Boko Harams by barackodam: 9:50pm On Dec 27, 2013
KingMEXX: interesting...Follows thread
Hope this is not fiction o... undecided

i donno ooo, na wetin the man yarn me i dey yarn gv una, so, if na fiction, na d man lie 4 me, buh i doubt if it is
Re: My Own Fair Experience With The Boko Harams by Nobody: 7:27am On Dec 28, 2013
Continue naaa
Re: My Own Fair Experience With The Boko Harams by emmysam2: 8:24am On Dec 28, 2013
barackodam: It all started in my journey, i took a luxurious bus, Kaduna to Lagos....meanwhile the man sitting beside me had bin comin frm Yola, so he must hv bin tired of sitting...at about 3am in d midnyt(nt really sure of d tym), the man had suffered enuf discomfort to d extent dt he cudnt sit down, he was kneeling on the chair, their i felt pity 4 him....he then startd hiz discussion, smtin led to 1 tin nd d oda led to anoda.
"mehn na wa o, ds our govt sha, make God jst help us" he was complainin of d too much road blocks in wch Soldiers/Army men wer at, then d man at our back joined, "wait, wat is all ds road blocks for, aint dey too much?" askin, peharps talkin to imsef, wu nos, then d man replied, "it is as a result of those insurgent" then the man started hiz story:
wen i was in Damaturu, it was hell, u no all ds Federal jobs, they do transfa anihw, dts hw i was dumped in Damaturu i had heard a lot abt those Boko Harams, buh i hadnt xperienced, nw, i was goin to xperience it, u no, as a Soldierman(dts wen we new he was 1) we r meant to protect d nation, so on our way goin we wer in d middle, two cars(supposedly Toyota hilux) wer ahead and behind us, i was stil wondering why that wen i started hearin sounds of gunshot, due to fear, i buried my head in d car as though it was our vehicle dt was being targeted, then d xchange of guns continued, luckily, the BH BOYS[as i (the writer) call them], they neva had any partern of sprayin, they jst shoot sporadically, they ran short of bullets and ran away....we got to our abode...we stayed ther, d nxt day we went to a camp whr many ppl wer hiding, those boys came ther also, ds tym we wer ready 4 them, we xchangd fire and gun down sum of them, dt was wen i new that all of them(BH BOIZ) wer kids, none of them cud b mor dan 25, i was so touched, nd i was feelin that was ds hw ds children wud hv gun me down?...i was askin mysef dt qst wen we got info that they had raided anoda village, off we went, unluckily for us, most of them wernt hausas, they wer Kanuris, so ther wasnt easy communication btw us and d villagers, by the tym we got ther, they wer gone 1ce again, we wer deeply sadened cos though we jst arrived, those guys wer stil terrorizin the village, they came and run away evriday lyk dt 4 sumtym, then we wer frustratd and tired of it...shockingly, wer they usually stay wasnt that far frm the emir's palace, and b4 we got ther, they vanish, out of anger, our leader entad the palace and shouted at the top of is voice, 'if we wernt allowed to search the palace, he wud order it to b burnt down' so they allowed us, and lo! We brought out ntin less dan 15-20 boys we suspect to b among, thats y i keep saying, all these happenins, our leaders r aware, buh they keep mute, imagine Boko Haram usin Emir's palace as hideout nd d Emir neva complained....we left ther and 4 abt a week, the villages wer peacefull 1ce again"
to b continued...

@ OP, Why dont you desist from using abbreviations? There are too many abbreviations and this is very irritating. The Caption of your story is appealling to Readers but not all readers can stand abbreviations. Abbreviations can be outright put-offs . ( One of the many reasons many youths '' FAIL '' in English Examinations). Please do well to edit the abbreviated words in your story.
A story worth writing is worth writing well!
Re: My Own Fair Experience With The Boko Harams by barackodam: 10:56am On Dec 28, 2013
emmysam2:

@ OP, Why dont you desist from using abbreviations? There are too many abbreviations and this is very irritating. The Caption of your story is appealling to Readers but not all readers can stand abbreviations. Abbreviations can be outright put-offs . ( One of the many reasons many youths '' FAIL '' in English Examinations). Please do well to edit the abbreviated words in your story.
A story worth writing is worth writing well!

tanx, i'd do dt
Re: My Own Fair Experience With The Boko Harams by barackodam: 6:02pm On Dec 29, 2013
Continuation....
After some days, we had believed we wiped them away, still at the camp, i and my co-armed men were busy discussing as it was late in the night, not long we started, we started hearing exchange of fire again, we were dumb-strucked, because we never expected it, at the same time, we did not leave the point we were, why u may ask, there were policemen outside, they must have countered those boys, still i was having doubts, i told my colleagues we should go to the spot where there was exchange of fire, but they were reluctant, "oga, abeg, those policemen they there jare, make we rest tonight, at least, wetin dem cum do for here, no be to assist us? Abeg make we enjoy small" i was at first carried away by what my colleague said, and felt he was right, the policemen should also taste their own meal. But at the same time, i was skeptical, i was really doubting the capabilities of the policemen, i then told my colleagues, "let us go and see things for ourselves, you know those policemen are not as experienced as we are, and beside, do you not think the can run out of bullet, if they mistakenly do and those boys overpower them and eventually killed them, what do you think we would explain to our superiors for their loss?? Where were we when they were being shot, what were we doing, would we be able to answer those questions?? Ofcos we cannot, so, lets go and see what is happening" my last point really touched them, they were speechless, we had earlier been warned that we must not loose any civilian, not for anything, less we had a tangible explanation, if we now lost the policemen, what excuse would we have given, when anyone hears any gunshot, we had to appear there before any body did, what would have become of us, would we have been demoted?, various questions ran through them, and i could notice it, i then interrupted their thoughts, "let us leave at once." luckily for me, they stood up, reached for their weapons and started moving without uttering a word, by the time i got there(because i was at the front and they were initially reluctant to move), i found out that the policemen had ran outta bullets and were hiding their heads behind a guide, i quickly called upon my mates and shouted that the policemen had run out of arms, immediately they heard, they ran to the spot, we started exchanging fires and fortunately for us, the Boko Harams ran out of bullets and ran away, although we gunned down some of them. When they were out of sight, the policemen started thanking us, an Inspector(thats what the narrator called him) thanking me and saying "thank you oga, no mind those people" (holding his heads and maybe thanking his stars) not long later, we followed the boys and we headed deep into a thick forest, we followed them, they were leaving a trace behind unknowingly, it took us 2days, we got to their hideout, it was a large forest and the Boko boys there were almost uncountable, we tried gunning the once we could down but unfortunately we ran out of bullets, we ran for our lifes and wen we could see a bill-board, i noticed we were in GOMBE!!!
Re: My Own Fair Experience With The Boko Harams by Nobody: 7:16pm On Dec 29, 2013
funny kiss continue dear

(1) (Reply)

Neymar Condoms Is Out In Brazil ... (pics Inside) / UNIBEN Post Utme 2014: Cut Off Mark, Exam Date, Registration Details / Woman Commits Suicide By Jumping Into A Pond Of CROCODILES

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.