Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,171 members, 7,815,099 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:17 AM

He Dumped Medicine For Mass Communication After 10-years At The University. - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / He Dumped Medicine For Mass Communication After 10-years At The University. (1873 Views)

BSU Medical Student Commits Suicide Over Expulsion After 10 Years In School / Final Year Student Abandons Medicine For Mass Comm 2 weeks before final exam / A Picture Of Mass Communication Dept. In IMT Enugu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

He Dumped Medicine For Mass Communication After 10-years At The University. by Sodiq33(m): 1:40pm On Dec 26, 2013
He dumped Medicine For Mass
Communication After 10 Years At University

‘I won’t want my son to do to me what I did
to
my father’

What could make a student abandon Medicine
for Mass Communication, having spent 10
years trying hard at the former? This is the
big question our intern, Godwin Simon
attempted to answer, when he went after
Ismaila Mansur Akolade, a 100 level Mass
Communication student of the University of
Lagos now in his 10th year as an
undergraduate.

ISMAILA Mansur Akolade as a 100 level
student of Mass Communication at the
University of Lagos is by all means expected
to be a fresher and a green horn in the
university affairs, but his mature outlook,
carriage and composure suggest clearly that
he is he is none of the sort. As if to confirm
this writer’s suspicion, a reliable source, who
is close to Ismaila disclosed he had indeed
spent a whopping ten years at the University
of Ilorin, studying Medicine before quitting
barely two weeks to the commencement of his
final qualification examination. His days at
the University of Ilorin, the source said was
characterised by serial failure, which inevitably
put him at the bottom of the class, hence his
decision to quit at the eleventh hour.
Curiously, Ismaila is not sitting at the bottom
nor struggling in his new endeavour as he
currently sit in the first class category with a
Grade Point Average of 4.71.

In an exclusive interview with our reporter,
Ismaila revealed that his action was triggered
by his passion for the journalism profession,
which he said is parallel to the wish of his
father for him. He noted that his dream was
never to become a doctor, but was forced into
an unholy matrimony with the profession by
his father who sees the medical profession as
prestigious and thus wants ‘the best’ for his
son.

Continue...... www.my9jafan..com/2013/12/he-dumped-medicine-for-mass.html?m=1
Re: He Dumped Medicine For Mass Communication After 10-years At The University. by eyzeberg: 2:41pm On Dec 26, 2013
why do you have to wait for 10 years before realising this? its pathetic. wish you the best.
Re: He Dumped Medicine For Mass Communication After 10-years At The University. by Vanityupnvanity(m): 3:45pm On Dec 26, 2013
shocked
Re: He Dumped Medicine For Mass Communication After 10-years At The University. by Chemiefatie(f): 4:27pm On Dec 26, 2013
Wise move. He knows is onions and he chose what is best for him. Kinda late though.
Re: He Dumped Medicine For Mass Communication After 10-years At The University. by Excelboi(m): 4:31pm On Dec 26, 2013
Maybe I'm right after all. Dumping medicine (facebook) for mass com (nairaland).. grin
Re: He Dumped Medicine For Mass Communication After 10-years At The University. by Olastep(m): 7:39pm On Dec 26, 2013
Kasala don already fall

(1) (Reply)

Payments For NNPC/MPN National Undergraduate Scholarship Awards / Inspirational Quotes About Changing The World / 2015 CUT-OFF : List Of Universities And Their Jamb/post-utme Cut Off Marks

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.