Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,943 members, 7,817,768 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:06 PM

Apostacy. - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Apostacy. (2567 Views)

Apostacy - by NeoVictory & Donkross1 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Apostacy. by donkross1(m): 3:01pm On Dec 26, 2013
Hallo fellaz, been reading so many stories on nairaland so I just decided to test my ability by writing dz little piece (maybe cos I was jobless due to ASUU strike). FYI- am updating wif my fone, in other news, there myt be blunders and some other shii, juz try n reframe it in ya mind. Wish me luck.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Apostacy. by donkross1(m): 3:09pm On Dec 26, 2013
In the darkest of nights, d environment was so tranquil dat u could hear d birds twee ting from a million miles away. So many things were running thru my mind, many thoughts, things that I know cannot happen in d nearest future cos I was besieged, in d midst of my thoughts I heard a deep baritone voice dat surly belongs to a man in his late 30s. Da voice said Congratulations, You are Free. I taught I was still imagining until I heard locks been opened and he unlocked d chains on my hand and feet n I stepped out. For the first time in 3 years I actually saw the Moon and den I knew indeed I was FREE. I know you are wondering who I am and how I was besieged in a room they called cell for 3 years, I am Nathaniel Obidike Jacobs the only Son of the Former Prime minister of the United countries of West africa (UCW). General Christopher Obinna Jacobs (COJ for short) who was assassinated during the coup d'etat that happened 3 years ago. I could still remember dat day vividly like it was yesterday, I just returned from the barracks after receiving a call from my Father that I should come home asap (lest I didn't tell you I am a Colonel in 2nd battalion army of UCW) when I got home I met my father and his most beloved friend General Isaac Mensah, I greeted them both as I entered the living room. Sit on the table of men 'General mensah said jokingly and I forced a smile out cos I never really liked the man. I told my Father to be careful around him but he always told me I was only being paranoid. As I sat down my father passed me a glass cup I helped my self wif the bottle of champagne, I sensed my father was almost drunk to stupor while General mensah on the other hand was still very much himself but was forming drunk too. We were discussing until suddenly the lights went out. That was the strangest thing I had ever seen in all my life, the lights going off in the Prime minister Of UCW's house. My father was dozing already and General mensah kept mute, I tried locating my phone that I dropped on the table then I felt a cold metal on my fore head. It was then that d lights came back on. Lo n behold I saw a battalion of soldiers that were supposed to be protecting my father pointing guns at the 3 of us. General stood up and brought out his 25nv bladed pistol n pointed it to my father, I couldn't say a word cos I was not supposed to be surprised at the man' s betrayal but I didn't know it was gonna happen like dz. He hit my father with the blades on the pistol, blood splashed all over n my father fell to the ground. These were the words my father said on the floor, his last words 'My friend why did u have to end it dz way, dz z not the end anyway, its the beginning of the end, Betrayal begets blood. He wanted to say something more but general mensah shot him right in front of my eyes. Dey tied my hands and injected me with serum. When I woke up, I saw myself in a dark room. I have been in that room ever since then until dz very moment dat I juz came out of the room. Can u now see dat indeed its a worthy freedom ?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Apostacy. by donkross1(m): 3:15pm On Dec 26, 2013
Good evening Nathaniel Jacobs, can I call you nat for short. I turned to see the face of the lady that own that voice dat was as pure as the waters flowing from the mountain top. Right in front of me was the most beautiful lady in the whole universe. I was lost in her beauty but was resurrected when I had a tap on my shoulder from the back, it was General Madiba (The War Lord of the whole of the east, north n south africa). Surprised ? He said jokingly. Good evening sir was all I could mutter out. In case u don't know who General is, let me give u a brief info about him. General Madiba together with his invisible battalions called the Madiba's demons conquered the whole of africa. After the war he made members of his battalions (madiba's demons) prime ministers in the sub regions . General Al'Farouk was the prime minister of United Countries of North africa (UCN), General Mbatu was the prime minister of the United countries of East africa (UCE). General Mpela Jnr (General madiba's son) was the prime minister of the United countries of South africa (UCS) while General Madiba was the War Lord of africa. I know everything about what happened to you, I know how your father died and I know he was betrayed by his best friend General Mensah 'He continued. I know how you feel, I know you want vengeance but I can boldly tell you that I want General mensah dead just like u wish him dead but He has the backing of the united nations. To hell with united nations, they can go to blazes for all I care' I said angrily while at the same tym I threw away the small table in front of me. It was until I heard 'Be calm nat' that I realised that lady was still in the room with us. Ooh my bad Nat please meet Sabella, she is the head of operation in the Apostacy. I know that look, he cntd. Apostacy is a secret security intelligence dat helps people that do not belief that something is not meant to remain the way it is. Mostly people who wants Revenge. Now the question is Do you Mr Nathaniel Jacobs want revenge. There was a deafening silence in the room but when Gen madiba cleared his throat I realised he was expecting me to reply, Yes if I av all dat I need' I said. Out of no where dat pure voice came up again and said with the backing of the Apostacy, wat else will you need to accomplish your revenge. One more thing, I will be needing your sweet n pure voice to keep me going. We (I, general and sabella) all laughed and laughed and she said that you have that already we contd laffing until someone opened the door. Yea Wanjala wats the situation like ? General asked. Sir the coast is clear, we need to move him outta hear before the barricades change shifts. Nat please get up and leave wif wanjala. Sir where am I going, does General knws about my freedom, where will, its okay the General cuts my questions. You will have answers to all your questions in due time.
Re: Apostacy. by donkross1(m): 3:19pm On Dec 26, 2013
Re: Apostacy. by rapmike(m): 3:41pm On Dec 26, 2013
General Mike, reporting 4 duty, sir!
Re: Apostacy. by teewhysafe(f): 3:47pm On Dec 26, 2013
Nyc story coming up! Jst keep writing! Ur work wil attract peeps. I'm confused tho. U said he ws in d cell for 3years bt d coup against his dad happened 7yrs ago. Pls clarify. Well done
Re: Apostacy. by donkross1(m): 4:14pm On Dec 26, 2013
rapmike: General Mike, reporting 4 duty, sir!
. General mike its an honour to have u here.
Re: Apostacy. by donkross1(m): 4:16pm On Dec 26, 2013
teewhysafe: Nyc story coming up! Jst keep writing! Ur work wil attract peeps. I'm confused tho. U said he ws in d cell for 3years bt d coup against his dad happened 7yrs ago. Pls clarify. Well done
. Oopz no vex I meant to ryt he was in cell for 7 yrs sire. Thanks 4 coming here tho
Re: Apostacy. by donkross1(m): 4:55pm On Dec 26, 2013
For the first time in 3 years, I slept comfortably on a good bed, I never wanted to wake up buh the knock on the door made the sleep in my eyes vanished. Yea who goes there ? I asked angrily. Its me wanjala, can I come in ?, yea sure come on in. Good morning Nat hope u slept well ? Yea I did wanjala my good frnd. I actually called him my friend cos he looked like my friend Wangui that died during the eclipse war. Wangui was from the then kenya before the amalgamation of d sub-regions. Wanjala I guess u r from kenya ? Yeah, how did u know that' he asked. I told him the story of wangui, how we met during the recruiting of african soldiers to fight against the asian terrorist that wanted to turn all of africa to a muslim continent. We did training togeda and we were both in d frontier garrison during the war. He died fighting for his continent, he wasn't afraid of death, he looked death in d face and said go to hell. I just hope you are not as stubborn as wangui ? Wanjala smiled n said it depends on your definition for stubbornness. We both laughed. ¿Cuál es para desayuno' I asked. What does that mean, wats up for breakfast, dats wat it means. Ohh he laughed again and said that's spanish I guess. Anyways that was what I came here to ask u. So what will you like to eat ? If only I was in nigeria I would have requested for apu and white soup. Wanjala laughed n laughed. Sorry bro you are in pretoria. Ohh I almost forgot, alright give me some coffee for starters then I will take yam and egg later. Alright boss' he said and left the room.

Please please don't kill me were the words that he was saying as I pointed 25nv bladed pistol to his head. Yea u r right the same gun General mensah used in killing my father and Yes it is general mensah that is begging me for mercy. I hit him with d bladed part just like he hit my father that night. I said to him Revenge is always sweeter when served cold. He was about to say something but I muted him with 3 shots from my gun, as I gave him the 4th shot I heard a voice this is it, nathaniel, this is it. It was at dat moment dat I realised I was dreaming again. It was wanjala dat was telling me dat he has brought d coffee. I told him about d dream, dat was d umpteenth tym I had that particular dream and I seriously hope it happen someday soon. He just smiled n gave me a pat on my shoulder, I took the coffee and I asked 'what is the next move'. We are still expecting a call from headquarters' he said, he didn't finish the sentence when his phone rang and I overheard the convo. 'Tell nat to prepare for training, okay boss was all he said. We dressed up n hit d road, we drove for about 45mins until he pulled over in front of something dat looks like a dead hall. I was wondering wat could be in d dead hall, little did I know dat it contains my 1st n realest test in a long tym.
Re: Apostacy. by teewhysafe(f): 7:09pm On Dec 26, 2013
Gettin interestin!
Re: Apostacy. by donkross1(m): 7:16pm On Dec 26, 2013
As wanjala opened the door, I knew there was trouble behind the door, I wanted to stop him but it was too late. In a twinkle of an eye, I saw bullets flying all over. Its a trap, wanjala shouted. He had not finished that sentence wen he got knocked by the blow dat was launched on his face, leaving only me to face these 3 mysterious guys that I know not where they appear from. They wear all putting on black ninja clothes with ninja masks. Before I could say who are you, the first one was already approaching with a high kick, I was swift enough to swerve ryt n den I landed him wif a blow to the lower abdomen, I wanted to reach 4 his mask buh I was distracted by the sharp footsteps I heard, behold it was the second guy approaching wif a sword this time. I met him with a back flip, then aimed for his neck, I gave him a slap on his neck wif my left leg as fast as I could, the sword dropped in his hands n he fell to the ground. I knew the last one was gonna approach buh I don't knw how he will go about it. I anticipated his coming while backing him n facing the two guys on d floor. I was waiting 4 footsteps buh wah I heard was a kick on my back. I fell to d ground and immediately he wanted to pin me down. Buh with a quick move i slided him down as he got up almost immediately leaving both of us on our feets nw with some distance apart. He was moving towards my direction while I ran towards him too, it's either u die or I die, that was the thought on my mind. As we almost jammed I heard a voice that said STOP. We both stopped, I stopped cos I knew that was Madiba's voice buh I don't know why He stopped. Remove ur mask' madiba said. Do you know him' I asked Madiba out of curiousity. Yes I know her and u know her too' Madiba replied. I was about to ask another question when I saw the face behind the mask. Behold it was Sabella, before I thought she was the most beautiful girl on earth buh now it has changed, she is the prettiest fighter dat ever liveth on the surface of the earth and one of the few that has the best moves. Was that not rather too hard on me sabella ? Wanjala asked sheepishly with a flirting smile, So you know about these Wanjala' I said as I made move to run towards him, he ran round the room and we kept running until we both gassed out. I see u two are getting along but you still don't know Wanjala is one of our best men, 1 hit can never make him pass out. On a serious note now, play time is over, it's time to get down to the mission ahead, Sabella brief us. Alright Madiba' Sabella said with a smile that could make the world pause for a whole day. For us to take down General mensah, we have to paralyse his links to UN by killing his main men. Because witout them, Mensah is as good as a dead elephant, The first person on this list is The Minister for Foreign affairs Colonel Kufor, we all know he is an in law to Mensah Being married to mensah's sister and ofcos He is very important to our mission. And we know we can't make him one of ours so he has to die' Madiba breaks in. Nat dz z ur 1st mission alongside a team that will be led by you, Wanjala and Sabella. Kill Colonel Kufor without living a trace. U have just two weeks to do that . Thank you. We all kept silent as Madiba walked out. Call me when you need me' Sabella said as she stood up to leave d room. What are we still waiting for I said as I hit Wanjala on d head. Okay let's get moving bro. We went back to the hotel and that was it for that day. That day was the beginning of the end.
Re: Apostacy. by donkross1(m): 9:32am On Dec 27, 2013
I tried not to open my eyes but the ray of the early morning sun shone so bright I couldn't help but open em. As soon as I opened my eyes, I heard a knock on my door. Wanjala please don't tell me its time' I shouted, am afraid bro. Its time' he replied. I stood up with speed and rushed to d bathroom, did the normal normal and we were off. We drove for hours without saying a word, just listened to music all the way.
The silence was broken by the beep from Wanjala's fone. Hello sabella, we are almost there n he hunged up. Wanjala was sounding rather too serious and that is really unusual. What's wrong Wanjala' I asked with a curious look, I am fine bro, its just that today marks the 2nd year I lost my sister. Auuch sorry bro dat must have really hurt. How did it happen. She was murdered' He said as he was almost crying. I gave him a pat and said all is well. You know who did it I Continued. Yeah I do its General Mensah. Holy Christ was what I said cos I was just out of words to say. He was already crying so I couldn't probe further.
We drove for another 15 mins and he entered a garden like that and parked on the field and up ahead was a Chopper. When we got to where the chopper was, Sabella came down and gave Wanjala a very sincere and sweet hug. I know what today means to you but am sure your sister will be happy about the man you have become. Someone is jealous oo I said jokingly. Wanjala forced a smile and Sabella laughed really hard. Time to move' someone from the chopper shouted, we all got on the chopper n we moved. I slept off until sabella shouted my name. Ooopz we are here already, I must have slept for a long time. Nobody answered me. I got down to join Sabella and Wanjala. Sabella lead the way while I and and wanjala followed, I was busy staring at Sabella's magnificient as§ when a voice from the back shouted. Stop there, Do not turn, if you do, you are dead.
Re: Apostacy. by donkross1(m): 7:40am On Dec 29, 2013
Immediately I noticed my forehead was covered with sweats, I was still thinking of a plan when I saw sabella turning back, I didn't know when I ran to cover her from gunshot. We both fell to the ground, chest to chest, she was surprised at least I could see it in her eyes. For that moment I had forgotten that someone was pointing a gun at us, I was holding the only woman I think I love in my arms.
Sounds of laughter brought me back to the reality and to my surprise it was the guy holding the gun that was laughing mysteriously. Why on earth is these modafu<ker laughing was the thought I was still nursing until I saw Sabella laughing also. What is happening here I shouted. Now everybody was laughing including wanjala.
Who is these Django that wants to die for you Sabella' the man holding the gun asked. That's the newest kid on block Sammy' Sabella replied. That should be nathaniel' sammy said as he approached me with a handshake, I took the hand and we shook hands. I am sammy Adjololo the head of invisible OP of the Apostacy' He countinued. I am Nathaniel Obadike. Yeah I know you Django, I feigned a smile while ella laughed really hard, please let's go inside before someone sees a dead man on the field.
It was then I remembered that to the whole world I was a dead man. I died during the coup d'etat I planned for my father to take over his government. Immediately nathaniel shot his father, he tried to kill me too but I was faster and I shot him first. That was what I read in the newspapers dated 3 years ago, that was the story General mensah told the world. To the world I am a dead traitor and to General mensah I am a stubborn rat being locked up in the cell.
Little did he know that I was out of the cell and if he had the slightest idea that we are at the verge of bringing him down, he wouldn't have reduced his protection. We settled in the rooms they prepared for I and Wanjala and after some hours, Sammy called and said we should report to the conference room.
Tonight is the night we'll bring down Colonel Kufor, Hey Nathaniel hope you r gud' Madiba asked. How on earth did madiba get here was what was on mind that I almost forgot he was talking to me. Am good boss' I replied. Sammy are your boys ready' Madiba contd. Yea we are good to go' sammy said with his thick african voice. Okay so these is the plan, today is friday, Kufor will be going to the club by 9:30pm so for Sabella to be the first girl to catch his fancy at the club, you must be at the gate. While Wanjala will pretend to be your driver.
Nat you have to be in the van with sammy and his boys to avoid anyone recognising you. That is all you guys need to know for now, I will give you the rest when needed. Any question. Nobody signified. Okay that means we are all clear. Dismiss.
Re: Apostacy. by chakaz(m): 12:53pm On Dec 29, 2013
Getting interesting. Keep it comming
Re: Apostacy. by adegwurulez(m): 1:16pm On Dec 29, 2013
Present
Re: Apostacy. by rapmike(m): 1:24pm On Dec 29, 2013
Am here.
Re: Apostacy. by donkross1(m): 6:54pm On Dec 29, 2013
Bosses dem. I see all of una well oo. Bless
Re: Apostacy. by alakid: 3:56pm On Dec 30, 2013
Front row!
Re: Apostacy. by donkross1(m): 5:24pm On Dec 30, 2013
it was exactly 9:30pm when a black toyota emerges from the right side of the gate. Target approaching' Sammy said. Standing by' Sabella said as she opened the door of her car trying to create an obstruction for the colonel's car. We were watching from the van packed just adjacent of Sabella's car. The horn of the colonel's car was soo loud that it almost pierced my ears, in the midst of these sabella dropped her purse on the ground n bent to pick it, from inside the van I could see ella's gown has jumped pass her as§ which now enabled her tiny red g-string pants flash vividly.

Ohhh my my' Sammy said, I wanted to laugh but I couldn't take my eyes of that as§. Before she could get back to her upright position, someone had already opened the back door and the colonel stepped out. Ohh shit, we were carried away by dat God forsaken bum. Prepare for attack' I shouted. At the count of three Open the back door n everyone should drop and kill all the guys following the colonel but do not kill the colonel, I repeat do not kill the colonel. Yes Sir' they all said. Wanjala as soon as we launch attack, step out and hold the colonel with a gun to his head, do you copy. Yeah I copy'.

Sammy stay back in the van and carry on with plan B incase Plan A fails. As at now, Sabella's was already inside the building while colonel was walking past her car with 5 of his men. 1, 2 ready to charge and 3, I hadn't pronounce the three when the back of the van opened, we caught them napping. Taking down those 5 men was easy but as wanjala wanted to come out n hold the colonel, out of nowhere we heard gunshots. Enemies Enemies, they are approaching from the north, its an ambush' I shouted. It was now a battle of bullets. I quickly moved to the other side of the van where I could take clear shots. Before I could settle, 2 out of my 10 men were down. I could see 7 men approaching, they were all with bullet proof jackets so I could only aim at few places to drop em down. My first shot hit one of em on the arm and he dropped to his knee, before he could recover, another met him on the head, I was surprised because I didn't take that shot, I looked side ways and I spotted wanjala at the side of Sabella's ride. I winked and we both smiled.

We both kept on firing until it remained just 2 of em and they were now hiding beside the van too at opposite ends, they were right beside d drivers door while sammy was at the driver's seat. He opened the door with a kick and one of em fell to the ground and he immediately shot the other one who was wondering what made his friend fall. The one on the ground wanted to raise his gun to shoot sammy but Wanjala blew his head with a bullet from the back. Victory' the men at the back of the Van shouted in jubilation. What is the situation' Sammy asked one of his men. 3 men down with bullets to there harms. I was about ask where Sabella was when I felt a cold metal on my head, it was as cold as the gun that was put to my head that night they killed my dad.

Drop your weapons' the colonel yelled.
Re: Apostacy. by donkross1(m): 5:25pm On Dec 30, 2013
alakid: Front row!
. Bless
Re: Apostacy. by rapmike(m): 7:10pm On Dec 30, 2013
Kross nyc work but check ur spellings like 'arm' nt 'harm' and 'knee' nt 'kneel'.
Re: Apostacy. by donkross1(m): 8:26pm On Dec 30, 2013
rapmike: Kross nyc work but check ur spellings like 'arm' nt 'harm' and 'knee' nt 'kneel'.
. Aiit boss. Siyabo
Re: Apostacy. by Abyolah: 9:05pm On Dec 30, 2013
grabs a chair sipping ma redwine yl readin
Re: Apostacy. by donkross1(m): 10:06pm On Dec 30, 2013
Abyolah: grabs a chair sipping ma redwine yl readin
. Yipeee Here comes Lady abyolah of the royal house. Bless

1 Like

Re: Apostacy. by Abyolah: 12:04am On Dec 31, 2013
don kross: . Yipeee Here comes Lady abyolah of the royal house. Bless
lols..'m a guy tho
Re: Apostacy. by donkross1(m): 6:45am On Dec 31, 2013
Abyolah:
lols..'m a guy tho
. Toor anywhich way oooo.
Re: Apostacy. by donkross1(m): 1:00am On Jan 01, 2014
Happy new year fellaz. Bless
Re: Apostacy. by rapmike(m): 9:24am On Jan 01, 2014
don kross: Happy new year fellaz. Bless
Xame 2 u.
Re: Apostacy. by Feyikaey(f): 12:04pm On Jan 03, 2014
Nice one
Re: Apostacy. by donkross1(m): 1:11pm On Jan 03, 2014
Do not drop your weapons' I shouted, the colonel hit me with his gun and I almost passed out. At the count of 3 if you don't drop your weapons, I will pull the trigger' the colonel said with a stern look. 1. 2. 3 and the next thing I heard was a gun shot. I closed my eyes and opened them. Woow Am I dead, is this what after life looks like, why am I seeing Sammy and Wanjala, are they dead too.

What the hell is these load behind me, is that my sins that am carrying. I was still wondering until I realised the load behind me was Colonel and he is resting on me cos he was lifeless. What is happening I asked my self. What are you all still waiting for or you want those soldiers to meet us here, am sorry I went against your orders, if I hadn't killed the colonel, he would have killed you' she said. Okay no problem. The situation was out of control, let's hope Madiba will understand that. Let's move.

Good evening to you from Blackstar Fm, here is the Breaking news. Colonel Kufor has just been assassinated by unknown Gunmen at the City Coast Lounge, Let's observe a minute silence for the colonel. Rot in hell colonel' ella said as she moved to switch off the car stereo.

We drove all the way to the division without anyone saying a word until my phone rang. Hello boss. **Report your location* the voice on the phone said. We are already in the building' I replied as we all dropped from the Van. I stepped aside to allow everyone enter the building and I held back Sabella's hand. She stared at me with a 'what Is your problem' Look. I smiled and said thank you for saving my life, she smiled back, thank you won't do it, you owe me one. I smiled more and I realised our lips were so close to each other, I moved forward a bit and she closed her eyes like she was waiting for the first kiss of her life.

I almost felt my lips on hers when my phone rang again. I withdrew and picked the call ***Nat, we are all waiting for you and ella, so when you are through with your romance, step in and remember we don't have all the time*** HOLY christ, how did madiba see us I asked Sabella while she just smiled and pointed to the camera on the wall. We smiled sheepishly and we both stepped inside. As we entered, I saw everybody that we went to the operation together buh Madiba was not on seat. I was about to ask where he was when he stepped out from a room that only him is allowed to enter.

That was a nice job y'all did, I saw it all so no need for briefing, let everybody dismiss and remember to stay lowkey because investigation has commenced. Nathaniel stay back. Everybody went out including Sabella who gave me a pat on my shoulder. My friend in these game, your only aim is revenge, it might not be possible to combine other pleasures. Especially that thing I saw outside just now. I nodded without saying a word. You can leave now.

I was about to step out when I heard madiba's voice again. Those words I remember very well, if only I took to those words, things won't be the way they are right now.

**** Trust Nobody***

1 Like

Re: Apostacy. by donkross1(m): 1:12pm On Jan 03, 2014
Feyikaey: Nice one
. Thank you ma'am
Re: Apostacy. by alakid: 12:51pm On Jan 04, 2014
don kross:
**** Trust Nobody***

That's the 1st commandment, keep up d good job!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Accidental Witness (morelli Family #1) By Sam Mariano / Pitch Your Movie Scripts To Over 150 Movie Directors And Producers. / Tips On How To Become A Valued Freelance Writer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.