Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,222 members, 7,860,415 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 10:42 AM

Seun Please How Do You Host Nairaland? - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Seun Please How Do You Host Nairaland? (918 Views)

3 Things To Consider Before You Host A Website / Where Did You Host Your Site? / Where Do You Host Your Blog? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Seun Please How Do You Host Nairaland? by Nobody: 10:25pm On Dec 26, 2013
Despite the traffic there's hardly any downtime, please what sort of hosting do you use, is it VPS, cloud hosting or shared hosting?
Re: Seun Please How Do You Host Nairaland? by huzaifaidris: 11:36am On Dec 27, 2013
blink182: Despite the traffic there's hardly any downtime, please what sort of hosting do you use, is it VPS, cloud hosting or shared hosting?

I'm not Seun but I know a little on web host. I think he uses VPS to host this forum. Hosting with normal webhost(shared hosting) is not ok for sites with alot of traffic. Infact, it is not ideal generally except you have limited budget.
Note: Seun is probably not managing the site himself and can hardly even see this post
Re: Seun Please How Do You Host Nairaland? by Seun(m): 11:39am On Dec 27, 2013
We use a dedicated server.
Re: Seun Please How Do You Host Nairaland? by adewasco2k(m): 12:03pm On Dec 27, 2013
huzaifaidris:

I'm not Seun but I know a little on web host. I think he uses VPS to host this forum. Hosting with normal webhost(shared hosting) is not ok for sites with alot of traffic. Infact, it is not ideal generally except you have limited budget.
Note: Seun is probably not managing the site himself and can hardly even see this post

oops!!

Seun: We use a dedicated server.
Re: Seun Please How Do You Host Nairaland? by soloqy: 1:47pm On Dec 27, 2013
It had to be a dedicated server. A site like Nairaland with so much traffic would have to go for the highest level of VPS offering(If they go for VPS) and that would not be economically sensible in the long run as it would be almost the same price as with running a sound enough dedicated server package that they would solely own.
Re: Seun Please How Do You Host Nairaland? by Dhelake: 4:06pm On Dec 27, 2013
Had always wanted to ask this question
Re: Seun Please How Do You Host Nairaland? by Nobody: 5:48pm On Dec 27, 2013
by sending invitation inviting them to an event, which will include food and drink grin.
Re: Seun Please How Do You Host Nairaland? by bug24(m): 6:14pm On Dec 27, 2013
cyclops4real: by sending invitation inviting them to an event, which will include food and drink grin.

I'm lost.
Someone get me a gps pls
Re: Seun Please How Do You Host Nairaland? by Nobody: 6:41pm On Dec 27, 2013
bug24:

I'm lost.
Someone get me a gps pls
grin
Re: Seun Please How Do You Host Nairaland? by IamGodzilla: 6:46pm On Dec 27, 2013
Does anyone know a good reliable web hosting service? Like I wonder which nairaland is using.
Re: Seun Please How Do You Host Nairaland? by adewasco2k(m): 7:15pm On Dec 27, 2013
Iam_Godzilla: Does anyone know a good reliable web hosting service? Like I wonder which nairaland is using.

I don't know which one nairaland is using but trust me,

Hostigator, siteground both will not fail you

1 Like

Re: Seun Please How Do You Host Nairaland? by IamGodzilla: 7:24pm On Dec 27, 2013
adewasco2k:
I don't know which one nairaland is using but trust me,

Hostigator, siteground both will not fail you

Ok thanks. How about for people that want to start small. Maybe with a nigerian host service?
Re: Seun Please How Do You Host Nairaland? by curiouslad(m): 7:49pm On Dec 27, 2013
Iam_Godzilla:

Ok thanks. How about for people that want to start small. Maybe with a nigerian host service?

Try qservers.net

Disclaimer: I am not in anyway affiliated. just a happy customer
Re: Seun Please How Do You Host Nairaland? by Nobody: 12:32pm On Dec 28, 2013
seun pls kindly help me to change my user name to ruffcoin99 thanks
Seun: We use a dedicated server.
Re: Seun Please How Do You Host Nairaland? by bug24(m): 5:06pm On Dec 28, 2013
Rossy_Bentley: seun pls kindly help me to change my user name to ruffcoin99 thanks

Hehehe Ruffcoin Nwaba. Hw much will u pay? I can help u beg seun grin

(1) (Reply)

After Upgrade To Wordpress 4.0 I Am Getting A JS Error / This Is The Only Way To Be A Successful Webmaster / Get An Interactive Form For Your Blog In Just A Minute

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.