Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,208 members, 7,829,322 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 02:13 AM

Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) - Fashion (16) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) (859841 Views)

Run Way Photos From Valisimo Fashion Show.Enjoy / Lagos Party...........get Inspration On Styles To Sew.......(valisimo Fashions) / Fashion School Practicals......enjoy The Pics (from Valisimo Fashion School) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) ... (74) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by EFOSAVAL(f): 8:56am On Sep 16, 2014
Aloli: Among the measurements listed is the arm hole, please how do you measure this on a person's body. Thanks

I don't. ...coz so come with real bad body odor lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
So I just don't put my lovely tape rule there. undecided

What I do is I measure the upper bust length the bust length and the under bust length from the shoulder down . usually my arm hole area is around my upper bust

Eg bust length , bust circumference
Upper 8 36
bust 10 38
Under 13 32

with this if our upper bust length is 8 then then my arm hold would be around 7 ,8 maximum 9.8 is perfect.it can never be 10 because that would mean it would expose the bust area and the arm hole will be too big

3 Likes

Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by EFOSAVAL(f): 9:04am On Sep 16, 2014
tushwitch: Ma, there's something wrong with my dress, it looks ill fitting when loose, guess I'm gonna make it fitted instead, cause i *'borrowed ' the machine i used

Am a so happy u did urs dear.i check this post every day and when I see finished jobs I feel soo pleased.well done dear.
Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by EFOSAVAL(f): 9:07am On Sep 16, 2014
Bootybuttchic: same probs i encounterd when i began sewing oo grin .....the wheel will be going back instead of front making the shuttle hook...grin ...just calm down and first roll that shld i say wheel with ur hand,and ur leg shld now folow the way ut pedal goed,dont over step,...i hope dis helps.......and learn to use one leg too smiley

Nice tips
Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by EFOSAVAL(f): 11:59am On Sep 16, 2014
mamatwo:
madan efosa, does the dress have darts and lining?

U can put Dart if u want. But the one I made didn't have dart
Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by ladylaurel(f): 1:00pm On Sep 16, 2014
Bootybuttchic: same probs i encounterd when i began sewing oo grin .....the wheel will be going back instead of front making the shuttle hook...grin ...just calm down and first roll that shld i say wheel with ur hand,and ur leg shld now folow the way ut pedal goed,dont over step,...i hope dis helps.......and learn to use one leg too smiley

thanks a lot.
Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by Bootybuttchic(f): 1:13pm On Sep 16, 2014
ladylaurel:

thanks a lot.
ur welkum smiley
Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by outstandingjk(f): 3:33pm On Sep 16, 2014
Hello fashionistas, am here looking for Boss Glamourprincezz. Well done.
Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by BammyCreations: 5:18pm On Sep 16, 2014
Madam Efosa..please is the dressmaking book still available...I would like to get 1
Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by Glamourprincezz: 3:31pm On Sep 20, 2014
outstandingjk: Hello fashionistas, am here looking for Boss Glamourprincezz. Well done.
lol.
@Efosa, av made my dress o n av been rocking it just avnt gotn arnd to take a pix ni. will upload it soon
Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by pishon: 5:58pm On Sep 21, 2014
Have made mine also infact I wore it on Wednesday but my phone camera don spoil but I will send it all Thesame.
Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by pishon: 6:16pm On Sep 21, 2014
My cloth.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by Tushmum(f): 6:16pm On Sep 21, 2014
I mis-cut(if dere is any English like dat) my material,olodo like me!
I had d front in two instead of one and the back in one instead of 2 cos of zip.Is deir anythin I can do to it?
I fit put Zip for front but no zip allowance in d front now*thinkingaloud*.
I need ur hlp oo my pple.Madam Efosa,weldone boss
Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by helen4(f): 11:18am On Sep 22, 2014
Next lesson pleeeeeeeeeeease.

1 Like

Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by EFOSAVAL(f): 11:50pm On Sep 22, 2014
grin yeeeeeeee cheesy nice job ladies.well done to all.i love all your comments.

I have been supper busy these last few days. And this type of busy is a different one for me so just trying to adjust to the new level I and my job is presently attaining. I am joining the league of celebrity designers and I must tell you it's a whole new experience that's so exciting to me.

First of all I am so grateful that some how God has helped make my childhood dreams come true. I always said to my self that I won't stop until celebrities start wearing my collections coz those designers that celebrities wear their collections don't have two heads undecided.they are people who worked really heard to get to the stage they are now enjoying thus I too can do it. grin grin hummmm now I am on a roll o.na from one celeb to another celeb. gradually them all go sabi me wink as long as I don't stop, I give quality and most of all the grace of God.

I am telling you about this coz I want you to be inspired to love what ever it is you do and be ready to work very hard to take your passion to great hight that others would appreciate.Never give up coz you don't know when the wonderful opportunity you are praying for will come.wink

25 Likes

Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by EFOSAVAL(f): 12:08am On Sep 23, 2014
Now I have so many lovely styles in mind that I will like to do as project here but I am afraid of these that are still really new at this so they don't lose interest in it.

But at the same time it's time to start doing serious beautiful designs....

Any ways let me post pictures of our next project.

We making a peplum top.yeep grin with pad and bust cut.i know some people will go shocked shocked shocked. Don't worry its not hard wink plus u can rock it with a skirt or a pair of jeans. grin which I love doing a lot.
As for the fabric. ....you can use any thing you like dear lace or ankara even that stretchy lace can do it.also as for the padding you can decide to pad or not either way as long as u measure and cut right it will fit u wink

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by EFOSAVAL(f): 1:18am On Sep 23, 2014
Tushmum: I mis-cut(if dere is any English like dat) my material,olodo like me!
I had d front in two instead of one and the back in one instead of 2 cos of zip.Is deir anythin I can do to it?
I fit put Zip for front but no zip allowance in d front now*thinkingaloud*.
I need ur hlp oo my pple.Madam Efosa,weldone boss

Pele dear...smiley don't worry we can do something to it.u can use that place as ur back and use the other as your front just by lowering the neck line.also u can just add a particular fabric to stitch it together and that would just give ur dress another twist grin

2 Likes

Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by shalomress: 8:20am On Sep 23, 2014
madam efosa I rejoice with u for this new level but u haven't seen anything yet,the Lord will take u far far.you are sowing into peoples lives and u must surely reap.Go on and enjoy this new level
Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by tushwitch(f): 12:08pm On Sep 23, 2014
this will be a stepping stone for greater things to come ijn, congratulations ma...... dey wait for next class o
Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by mariposa01: 12:38pm On Sep 23, 2014
Please ooo am still here, it's just that I have a lot of work on hand. I made a gathered skirt but I am yet to upload it. Hopefully, I will be done with this project by next week then I can make the dress.

Efosa, those celebrity designers do not have two heads like you said and I thank God for you that you are following your dreams. My friends are the ones encouraging me to keep going, so am taking the plunge and I pray that this takes off. Keep up the good work.

That being said, the peplumtop is a good idea and I already have a top that I have cut it's just to put it together so am ahead of the class grin wink

1 Like

Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by JECU: 1:56pm On Sep 23, 2014
@Efosa how many yards can be use for this peplum top(the first pics)
Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by EFOSAVAL(f): 10:19pm On Sep 23, 2014
@ shalomress.Tushwitch. moriposa01 ,thanks so much ladies. May God bless us all.

We need about 1 and a half years for the peplum top.

2 Likes

Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by Glamourprincezz: 8:53am On Sep 24, 2014
lemme sharply upload mine bfr d nxt project.
Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by EFOSAVAL(f): 12:05pm On Sep 24, 2014
Lol cheesy u better

Ok here is my fabric for the peplum top and I am mixing it with a flowery cotton fabric for multi coloure effect.

Post your fabrics too.i will soon tell you guys when the cutting shall start.

You need fabric, zip ,lining, airstay and warding for this project.

2 Likes

Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by Glamourprincezz: 3:25pm On Sep 24, 2014
I hop it uploads dis time. I opted for sleeveless.

Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by EFOSAVAL(f): 9:32pm On Sep 24, 2014
Nice well done .cheesy grin
Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by EFOSAVAL(f): 9:51pm On Sep 25, 2014
Measurement areas needed for this project are ....

Class you are to list all out for me so I know you are really following wink.

1 Like

Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by topdiva(f): 10:17pm On Sep 25, 2014
bust, shoulder, blouse lenght, half lenght, waist, etc
Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by Nobody: 10:20pm On Sep 25, 2014
Neck depth
Back
Bust
Arm hole
Shoulder-apex(bust tip)
Shoulder - empire(under bust) circumference of empire
Waist
Navel& circumference
Blouse length
Sleeve length
Round sleeve

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by helen4(f): 10:20pm On Sep 25, 2014
Shoulder, sleeve, upper bust, bust, waist, length, neck depth, arm circumfence, arm hole.
Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by omozoba1(f): 10:39pm On Sep 25, 2014
Total length, half length, neck dept front n back, bust circum, under bust circum, upper bust circum, waist, sleeve length, sleeve circum. grin
Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by Aloli(f): 10:55pm On Sep 25, 2014
Yay!!! so excited...its being a long wait though.. this is my fabric

Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by Aloli(f): 11:00pm On Sep 25, 2014
we should take
shoulder
bust circum
bust point
underbust circum
shoulder to underbust
point to point
waist
hip
sleeve
neck depth
armhole
blouse llength

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) ... (74) (Reply)

Pictures Of Various Ankara/kente Styles / Best Skin Lightening/toning Soap / ~ The Hair Gallery For Short,Natural,Weave Or Braids ~

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.