Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,357 members, 7,812,013 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 06:13 AM

Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) - Fashion (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) (858617 Views)

Run Way Photos From Valisimo Fashion Show.Enjoy / Lagos Party...........get Inspration On Styles To Sew.......(valisimo Fashions) / Fashion School Practicals......enjoy The Pics (from Valisimo Fashion School) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (74) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by Tushmum(f): 1:44pm On Aug 19, 2014
Please Coach,what is Fullness?@Efosa
Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by noncy21: 2:28pm On Aug 19, 2014
@op...tnx for ur prompt reply. Pls how did u get 36 as ur fullness?
Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by bimbam(f): 4:43pm On Aug 19, 2014
Tushmum: Please Coach,what is Fullness?@Efosa

Fullness is the amount of gathering around the waist. If you want a lot of fullness, you use more fabric to make more gathers. In this case, she is using 36 inches, if she were to use 72 inches, the fullness will be double that of the 36 inches.

HTH
Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by BusayoPeridot(f): 4:49pm On Aug 19, 2014
Hi I'm new here nd I really want to say kudos to u Efosa for a job well done v leant a great deal.thanks
Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by noncy21: 5:09pm On Aug 19, 2014
@bimbam...tnx for ur post. @Efosa pls could one use 2x or 3x of waist measurement as fullness depending on how u wants it to be full instead of guessing. Hoping to buy fabric on thur.
Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by oluwaphemiee(m): 8:08pm On Aug 19, 2014
EFOSAVAL: When add the band make sure u sewing on the flip or back side coz you gonna turn it to the front side when u donr
can d band b fix d ither way ? I mean sewing frm d front side of d skirt
Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by EFOSAVAL(f): 1:55am On Aug 20, 2014
Thanks to bomb am for that clear explanation wink

noncy21: @op...tnx for ur prompt reply. Pls how did u get 36 as ur fullness?

Her waist is 17,so I added an extra 19 inch to create that fullness that's how I got the 36.

noncy21: @bimbam...tnx for ur post. @Efosa pls could one use 2x or 3x of waist measurement as fullness depending on how u wants it to be full instead of guessing. Hoping to buy fabric on thur.

There is no guessing dear .all is by measurement.
And yes to ur question u can use 2x or 3x or more

2 Likes

Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by EFOSAVAL(f): 1:56am On Aug 20, 2014
BusayoPeridot: Hi I'm new here nd I really want to say kudos to u Efosa for a job well done v leant a great deal.thanks

Thanks to you sis God bless u. grin
Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by shalomress: 6:39am On Aug 20, 2014
God bless u for this great seed u are sowing into our lives.pls ma have u treated breast cut before. if yes pls can u repost?
Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by shalomress: 6:42am On Aug 20, 2014
God bless u for this great seed u are sowing into our lives.pls ma have u treatedburstier cut before. if yes pls can u repost?
shalomress: God bless u for this great seed u are sowing into our lives.pls ma have u treatedburstier cut before. if yes pls can u repost?
God bless u for this great seed u are sowing into our lives.pls ma have u treatedburstier cut before. if yes pls can u repost?

1 Like

Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by preetyface: 8:02pm On Aug 20, 2014
[color=#770077][/color] ;DI saw dis online threading yesterday and since then I have been glued to my seat. God bless you for enriching de lives of people. You shall neva lack cos kings and queens shall be @ ur beg and call. I saw dis online threading yesterday and since then I have been glued to my seat. God bless you for enriching de lives of people. You shall neva lack cos kings and queens shall be @ ur beg and call.

2 Likes

Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by EFOSAVAL(f): 11:30pm On Aug 20, 2014
Thanks so much to you all.u guys also encourage me wink

So when would we start seeing ur post on this gathers skirt cheesy

Shalomress just stay tuned we would soon get there
Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by ProminentStar: 3:26pm On Aug 21, 2014
Dear Madam Efosa,
Believe it or not I love you so much. you really are a blessing to your generation with God's glory radiating through you. I've been a silent follower for a long time with restrictions to doing any of the work cos I've got np machine but believe me when I say I've learnt so much.
please keep up the good work bearing in mind that you're putting smiles on a lot of faces and placing food on so many people's table.
Thank you so much ma'am

3 Likes

Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by Ezibless: 7:07pm On Aug 21, 2014
EFOSAVAL: Thanks so much to you all.u guys also encourage me wink

So when would we start seeing ur post on this gathers skirt cheesy

Shalomress just stay tuned we would soon get there
very soon ma...
Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by tushwitch(f): 9:04am On Aug 22, 2014
Here's mine ma, made pleats instead of gathers....forgive the wrinkles

When will the free/loose blouse and trousers tutorial be reposted ma, humbly waiting

2 Likes

Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by mutoy(f): 4:14pm On Aug 23, 2014
Thanks for the book. I am sorry this is coming late. God bless you ma.

1 Like

Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by Ezibless: 5:22pm On Aug 23, 2014
I started making mine but i got stuck when trying to do the gathering...pls ma kindly throw more light. Thanks in advance cheesy
Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by Seroautos: 5:42pm On Aug 23, 2014
HOW TO WALK LIKE A LADY

The way you move, stand, sit, use your hands or place your feet silently communicates to the world. A woman should express her beauty not only with her physical features, but in the way she moves with poise and grace. A beautiful walk is the sign of a graceful poised woman. Follow these steps.

1.} Lift your thigh slightly. Don't lead with your shoulders.

2.} For a feminine walk, the space between your steps should be about the length of your foot. Too long a stride is masculine, too short is mincing.

3.} On each step your heel should touch the floor first, then quickly shift the weight forward to the entire foot as you take the next step. Keep your feet close to the ground when you lift them. visit www.ladieswinds.com to learn more.

3 Likes

Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by EFOSAVAL(f): 7:31pm On Aug 23, 2014
ProminentStar: Dear Madam Efosa,
Believe it or not I love you so much. you really are a blessing to your generation with God's glory radiating through you. I've been a silent follower for a long time with restrictions to doing any of the work cos I've got np machine but believe me when I say I've learnt so much.
please keep up the good work bearing in mind that you're putting smiles on a lot of faces and placing food on so many people's table.
Thank you so much ma'am

Waoooo.thanks so much sis. cheesy I am hugging u right now.God bless u for me. grin
Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by EFOSAVAL(f): 7:33pm On Aug 23, 2014
tushwitch: Here's mine ma, made pleats instead of gathers....forgive the wrinkles

When will the free/loose blouse and trousers tutorial be reposted ma, humbly waiting

Beautiful grin happy u did pleats also.wish u post the process too thou.but thant for doing it sef grin
Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by EFOSAVAL(f): 11:15pm On Aug 23, 2014
Ezibless: I started making mine but i got stuck when trying to do the gathering...pls ma kindly throw more light. Thanks in advance cheesy

OK God willing ,tomorrow I will see what I can do on it with more explanation
Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by tushwitch(f): 3:20pm On Aug 24, 2014
EFOSAVAL:

Beautiful grin happy u did pleats also.wish u post the process too thou.but thant for doing it sef grin
Thank you ma, will post steps next time
Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by babybird82(f): 11:00pm On Aug 24, 2014
EFOSAVAL:

Oh posted the add earlier. Its 13 yaya abatan street ogba lagos

I sent you an sms. Also sent you a BBM invite. Will send someone to come pick up the book tomorrow or next. Please keep it for me oooo. Pleeeeaaaaaassssseeeee.

Thanks and Godbless.
Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by EFOSAVAL(f): 1:58pm On Aug 25, 2014
Oh dear.like I said soon as we have it again I will let you know
Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by EFOSAVAL(f): 2:11pm On Aug 25, 2014
Here Is the prosses for the zip.am using invisible zip so please pay attention coz it's very tricky

First you sow the edge of the zip to the fabric to hold the zip in place.
Next u sew the teeth side of the zip to the fabric. Making 2 stitches on the zip

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by EFOSAVAL(f): 2:40pm On Aug 25, 2014
Next fix lining then the band area.

1 Share

Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by EFOSAVAL(f): 2:49pm On Aug 25, 2014
Make sure u do it well and avoid the zip teeth getting bad by ur sewing machine. Also make sure that ur zip is NOT visible when u done.

Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by kika23(f): 6:28pm On Aug 25, 2014
Wow! God bless you..... This is really interesting. And has inspired me to go for sewing! Would get my machine soon. Can't wait to do the practicals. pencil and gathered skirts... I'd definitely post then here when I'm done. God bless you ma.... smiley
Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by EFOSAVAL(f): 7:10pm On Aug 25, 2014
kika23: Wow! God bless you..... This is really interesting. And has inspired me to go for sewing! Would get my machine soon. Can't wait to do the practicals. pencil and gathered skirts... I'd definitely post then here when I'm done. God bless you ma.... smiley

Cool grin hope to see it soon

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by EFOSAVAL(f): 7:18pm On Aug 25, 2014
This is the free dress we are doing next.but I will not start until I see post from you on the gathers and pencil skirt tutorials o.no time no time no time........true but at least you have to try so that my own effort in this too will not be waisted. wink

1 Like

Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by tushwitch(f): 7:54pm On Aug 25, 2014
EFOSAVAL: This is the free dress we are doing next.but I will not start until I see post from you on the gathers and pencil skirt tutorials o.no time no time no time........true but at least you have to try so that my own effort in this too will not be waisted. wink
Yaaaay!, can't wait!
Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by adaaniedobe(f): 4:03pm On Aug 26, 2014
This is very interesting,thank you efosa for this ,God bless you

2 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (74) (Reply)

Pictures Of Various Ankara/kente Styles / Best Skin Lightening/toning Soap / ~ The Hair Gallery For Short,Natural,Weave Or Braids ~

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.