Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,757 members, 7,824,172 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:36 AM

Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) - Fashion (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) (859513 Views)

Run Way Photos From Valisimo Fashion Show.Enjoy / Lagos Party...........get Inspration On Styles To Sew.......(valisimo Fashions) / Fashion School Practicals......enjoy The Pics (from Valisimo Fashion School) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (74) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by bafm(f): 2:44am On Jul 08, 2014
Pls Efosa,ℓ̊s d Zip by d side or d bacK,pls a̶̲̥̅♏ still confuse on hw τ̅☺ get d armhole...thxs

1 Like

Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by omoaderuwe(f): 7:14am On Jul 08, 2014
Morn'n Aunt Val,d class has really bin enlightening,but there's smfin dt still confuses me about d cowl neck,wn I made mine,I was told to fold some inches of the fabric in,before measuring d length,but u did do any of that,is it dt there are various ways to it...........and also,after I have made mine,I always had to gather d excess part in d middle,but I c dt Urs doesn't have to be dt way,so Pls,cn u explain some more,what happens to d excess fabric @ d lower part of the Cloth [/color][color=#770077]
Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by sweetose(f): 11:29am On Jul 08, 2014
ma welldone.this crowl neck is confusing me ooo big time.i understand the back bodice perfectly but front ehn na waec. Pls ma how did u make d sag.i understand every other part but the sag because i tried cutting it this morning.thank u ma.i beg no vex for me

1 Like

Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by timiege(f): 1:01pm On Jul 08, 2014
EFOSAVAL: The facing on the front is all the way down but u can make it half way if u want.

Pls ma how did you gather the excess at the neck,pls explain more,thanks
Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by EFOSAVAL(f): 10:37pm On Jul 08, 2014
pishon: welldone ma, I already have the materials for this but I'm not at home now I will be back next week and I will submit my project next week by Gods grace. Meanwhile this is d pix of my own oleku we did before nairaland tsunami.

grin very nice.love the combo wink
Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by EFOSAVAL(f): 10:40pm On Jul 08, 2014
bafm: Pls Efosa,ℓ̊s d Zip by d side or d bacK,pls a̶̲̥̅♏ still confuse on hw τ̅☺ get d armhole...thxs

Zip is at the side.but since the cowl neck is not at the back means you can add zip there if u want
Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by EFOSAVAL(f): 10:47pm On Jul 08, 2014
omoaderuwe: Morn'n Aunt Val,d class has really bin enlightening,but there's smfin dt still confuses me about d cowl neck,wn I made mine,I was told to fold some inches of the fabric in,before measuring d length,but u did do any of that,is it dt there are various ways to it...........and also,after I have made mine,I always had to gather d excess part in d middle,but I c dt Urs doesn't have to be dt way,so Pls,cn u explain some more,what happens to d excess fabric @ d lower part of the Cloth [/color][color=#770077]

First it depend on how full u want that gathering to be.and yes there are different ways of explaining this process but at the end fundamental principles must be followed.

The principle of this neck line is that it must sag at all times but you the designer will determine the fullness u want.

2 Likes

Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by EFOSAVAL(f): 10:54pm On Jul 08, 2014
Look closely at the 4 pictures .you will see that there are like 2 types there. The fullness, shape and depth of the neckline are major distinctive factors separating the way they look
Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by EFOSAVAL(f): 11:07pm On Jul 08, 2014
sweetose: ma welldone.this crowl neck is confusing me ooo big time.i understand the back bodice perfectly but front ehn na waec. Pls ma how did u make d sag.i understand every other part but the sag because i tried cutting it this morning.thank u ma.i beg no vex for me

Iook at these 2 pictures

Picture 1 is straight.
Identify the middle.
Pull the middle down.that process will bring the shoulder area together, when you get to you desire measurement for the shoulder u stop.

That's one way of doing it

Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by Burntcoal(f): 5:25am On Jul 09, 2014
weldone God bless u richly. pls I notice Dis crowl neck doesn't av a dart. is it dat not all materials will use darts or wat. despite d fact dat dual r diff types oda darts I can't see any on Dis one or some previous ones. tanks
Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by EFOSAVAL(f): 10:39am On Jul 09, 2014
Burntcoal: weldone God bless u richly. pls I notice Dis crowl neck doesn't av a dart. is it dat not all materials will use darts or wat. despite d fact dat dual r diff types oda darts I can't see any on Dis one or some previous ones. tanks

You welcome sis.the sag on this neck line won't allow a dart work well on it.generally darts as for reduction in fullness on a fabric, while cowl necks are ment to have fullness.
Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by toyour(f): 11:21am On Jul 09, 2014
Welldon ma,I don't have any issue with d back just the front,after making mine I noticed d front is too bulky that's why I haven't add my sleve to it.pls madam what can I do

1 Share

Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by mariposa01: 1:19pm On Jul 09, 2014
My finished project. I opted for a dress but I have another material that I may use for a top.

Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by mariposa01: 1:23pm On Jul 09, 2014
toyour: Welldon ma,I don't have any issue with d back just the front,after making mine I noticed d front is too bulky that's why I haven't add my sleve to it.pls madam what can I do

You have to cut the bottom part to look the same as the back in order to give the shape you want. If you look at the pictures Efosa posted, you will see that the waist and bottom part are smaller than the top. Hope that helps.
Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by sweetose(f): 2:01pm On Jul 09, 2014
thanks efosa,for ur explanation.,it was reallyy of help but how do do the self facing?
Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by omoaderuwe(f): 4:36pm On Jul 09, 2014
Thank u ma ..................Pls ma I have a small issue in cutting this folding flare,I dnt know if u can include it in one of ur coming lectures,since its very crucial in making peplums
Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by debbydominic(f): 9:50am On Jul 10, 2014
EFOSAVAL: So at least we should see like 5 completed projects on this abi? Ladies so we can move to the next one

I already have a lovely design for us to work on.
Hello Mrs Efosa,God bless you for all you are doing.Please I would like to know if any type of material to incluse ankara can go for cowl neck dresses or just the conventional chiffon and stretch materials. Please I would like your response on this one.Thank you and God bless.
Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by nkem79(f): 12:04pm On Jul 10, 2014
embarassed what happened to all the pages? i stopped at the six piece skirt. just got my sewing machine, not fair, what do i do now?
Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by nkem79(f): 12:04pm On Jul 10, 2014
embarassed what happened to all the pages? i stopped at the six piece skirt. just got my sewing machine, not fair, what do i do now? sad
Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by onojemmayahoo: 5:40pm On Jul 10, 2014
Hi, Valisimo,
Can one learn male tailoring with you?If yes how much and for how long.
Do you have accommodation arrangement for those who wants to learn with you?
Please,I beg reply via onojemma@yahoo.com or 08066294044.
Thanks as I await your response.
Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by EFOSAVAL(f): 11:00pm On Jul 10, 2014
toyour: Welldon ma,I don't have any issue with d back just the front,after making mine I noticed d front is too bulky that's why I haven't add my sleve to it.pls madam what can I do

Oh nice, grin well u can reduce the fullness at the neck also u can reduce the shoulder. But well done. Its looking good. wink
Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by EFOSAVAL(f): 11:01pm On Jul 10, 2014
mariposa01: My finished project. I opted for a dress but I have another material that I may use for a top.

Fantastic choice there.well done sis wink
Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by EFOSAVAL(f): 11:10pm On Jul 10, 2014
sweetose: thanks efosa,for ur explanation.,it was reallyy of help but how do do the self facing?

Simply place the fabric on fold b4 u cut the cowl neck
Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by EFOSAVAL(f): 11:13pm On Jul 10, 2014
omoaderuwe: Thank u ma ..................Pls ma I have a small issue in cutting this folding flare,I dnt know if u can include it in one of ur coming lectures,since its very crucial in making peplums

No probs. by Gods grace we will do something relating to that.
Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by EFOSAVAL(f): 11:37pm On Jul 10, 2014
debbydominic:
Hello Mrs Efosa,God bless you for all you are doing.Please I would like to know if any type of material to incluse ankara can go for cowl neck dresses or just the conventional chiffon and stretch materials. Please I would like your response on this one.Thank you and God bless.

Well fabrics in the silk family are better for cowl neck that's why chiffon stretchy and the likes are used coz of the way it flows. Using Ankara or others,well not that it won't work,but u might not like the end result.
Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by EFOSAVAL(f): 11:38pm On Jul 10, 2014
nkem79: embarassed what happened to all the pages? i stopped at the six piece skirt. just got my sewing machine, not fair, what do i do now?

Pele.let's just enjoy what we have left.
Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by EFOSAVAL(f): 11:44pm On Jul 10, 2014
onojemmayahoo: Hi, Valisimo,
Can one learn male tailoring with you?If yes how much and for how long.
Do you have accommodation arrangement for those who wants to learn with you?
Please,I beg reply via onojemma@yahoo.com or 08066294044.
Thanks as I await your response.

Oh yes,you can learn male outfit at our school. Yes we have hostel accommodation bed space,but its very limited.will give u a call tomorrow. Thanks
Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by EFOSAVAL(f): 10:14pm On Jul 11, 2014
Hi to all.hope u all had a wonderful day.
I thought I should shear this here with u all.Valisimo fashion school is now government approved through ITF .we really worked hard to get this.we ve been on it since last year and yeterday it finally came. grin I want u to thank God with us in your prayers

11 Likes

Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by mariposa01: 10:18pm On Jul 11, 2014
EFOSAVAL: Hi to all.hope u all had a wonderful day.
I thought I should shear this here with u all.Valisimo fashion school is now government approved through ITF .we really worked hard to get this.we ve been on it since last year and yeterday it finally came. grin I want u to thank God with us in your prayers

congrats my sister, it's not easy.
Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by sunshyng: 11:31pm On Jul 11, 2014
Congratulations! All glory to God
Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by toyour(f): 11:45pm On Jul 11, 2014
Congratulations madam
Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by tayben015(f): 12:30am On Jul 12, 2014
Congrats sis

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (74) (Reply)

Pictures Of Various Ankara/kente Styles / Best Skin Lightening/toning Soap / ~ The Hair Gallery For Short,Natural,Weave Or Braids ~

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.