Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,239 members, 7,818,814 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:27 AM

The Headies 2013 - The Winners - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / The Headies 2013 - The Winners (812 Views)

Full List Of Winners At The Headies 2015 / The Headies 2015 Nominees List. / Open Letter To The Headies Awards 2013 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

The Headies 2013 - The Winners by tnature: 1:57am On Dec 27, 2013
1. BEST RECORDING OF THE YEAR
A non-voting category for the best single recording by an artiste or group in year under review.
THIS YEAR – JAYWON

2. PRODUCER OF THE YEAR
An individual responsible for producing the most acclaimed song or album in the year under review.
DTUNES – SHO LEE

3. BEST MUSIC VIDEO
A voting category for the best conceptualist, best directed and most exciting video in the year under review. This award goes to the video director.
ALINGO – CLARENCE PETERS/JUDE OKOYE

4. BEST R&B/POP ALBUM
A category for the best R&B/Pop Album in the year under review (by single individual or group).
O.B.O. – DAVIDO

5. BEST R&B SINGLE
A category for the best R&B single in year under review (by single individual or group).
GOOD GOOD LOVING – BANKYW

6. BEST POP SINGLE
A category for the best pop single in year under review (by single individual or group)
IHE NE ME – 2FACE

7. BEST REGGAE/DANCEHALL SINGLE
A category for the best Reggae/Dancehall single in year under review (by single individual or group).
I WISH – WAJE

8. BEST RAP ALBUM
A Non-Voting Category for the Best Album By A Rap Artiste Or Group In Year Under Review.
YBNL – OLAMIDE

9. BEST COLLABO
A voting category for the best R&B, Pop or Hip-hop collaborative track (including cameos).
GHOST MODE – PHYNO FT. OLAMIDE

10. BEST RAP SINGLE
A voting category for a single (released on-air) recording of a rap.
MAN OF THE YEAR – PHYNO

11. BEST VOCAL PERFORMANCE (MALE)
A non-voting category for the single male artiste with the most outstanding vocal performance on a single song or album.
RICH AND FAMOUS – PRAIZ

12. BEST VOCAL PERFORMANCE (FEMALE)
A non-voting category for the single female artiste with most outstanding vocal performances on a single song or album.
ONLY YOU – NIKKI LAOYE

13. NEXT RATED
This category is a voting category for the most promising upcoming officially unreleased (or signed) act in the year under review.
SEAN TIZZLE

14. HIP HOP WORLD REVELATION
A voting category for the best new artiste in the year under review.
OMO BABA OLOWO – DAVIDO

15. LYRICIST ON THE ROLL
A non-voting category for the Rap Artiste with the best lyrical depth and performance on a single song or album.
MODE 9 – LET IT GO

16. BEST STREET-HOP ARTISTE
A voting category for the artiste whose songs are inspired by the streets. Such song should captain lingua, which may also be originated by the artiste and popular on the street.
DUROSOKE – OLAMIDE

17. BEST ‘ALTERNATIVE’ SONG
A voting category for the artiste whose songs reflect any form or style of music which falls outside the mainstream of recent or past popular musical trends.
REPETE – BLACKMAGIC

18. ALBUM OF THE YEAR
A voting category for the best album (solo or group) in year under review, that meets judges requirements of excellence (in every realm: Songwriting, production, rendition and promotion) and acceptability (Sales and popularity).
YBNL – OLAMIDE

19. ARTISTE OF THE YEAR
Most critically and commercially adjudged artiste in the year under review. Overall most successful artiste for the year under review.
IYANYA

20. SONG OF THE YEAR
A voting category for the most popular song in the year under review. This category is usually decided by voting.
LIMPOPO – KCEE

21. HALL OF FAME
Special recognition for excellence and outstanding impact to the entertainment industry.
WASIU AYINDE KWAM 1

Other:

HarrySong won the most downloaded caller tunes for his "Mandela" song

Source
Re: The Headies 2013 - The Winners by jhidey08(m): 2:12am On Dec 27, 2013
O.┈̥-̶̯͡»̶̥Ơ̴̴̴͡K⌣̊┈̥-̶̯͡»̶̥
Re: The Headies 2013 - The Winners by ajasa4link: 5:11am On Dec 27, 2013
Rubbish! These jokers should just change the lyricist on the role category and rename it Mode 9 award. mtchewwww, no wonder it's a non voting category. They always find a way for him to win that shii
As for the artiste of the year,even iyanya would agree it's definitely olamide and not him.Song of the year Limpopo? Hmmmmm...adonbilivit!
Anyways Congrats to olamide,I think he deserves close to 5 awards based on that do.p.e Ybnl album
LAST BULLET: Thunder fire people wey give Sean tizzle next rated where phyno and burnaboy dey there!
Re: The Headies 2013 - The Winners by tnature: 6:12am On Dec 27, 2013
ajasa4link: Rubbish! These jokers should just change the lyricist on the role category and rename it Mode 9 award. mtchewwww, no wonder it's a non voting category. They always find a way for him to win that shii
As for the artiste of the year,even iyanya would agree it's definitely olamide and not him.Song of the year Limpopo? Hmmmmm...adonbilivit!
Anyways Congrats to olamide,I think he deserves close to 5 awards based on that do.p.e Ybnl album
LAST BULLET: Thunder fire people wey give Sean tizzle next rated where phyno and burnaboy dey there!

I'm with you on Mode 9. Does that mean no rapper has done anything worthwhile? No disrespect to Mode 9 but that award should go to someone else.

Artiste of the Year is a tough one but I believe they got it right since year under review is 2012 and some part of 2013. That being said, it only makes sense for an artist with the album of the year to win that category.
Re: The Headies 2013 - The Winners by Indifferent(m): 6:15am On Dec 27, 2013
Thank God for Jawons 'this year' that song kept me going when things get bad
Re: The Headies 2013 - The Winners by Indifferent(m): 6:31am On Dec 27, 2013
ajasa4link: Rubbish! These jokers should just change the lyricist on the role category and rename it Mode 9 award. mtchewwww, no wonder it's a non voting category. They always find a way for him to win that shii
. Oga leave Sean tizzle alone o. I was there when he was soliciting for votes. Other nominees were busy sampling the Hyundai car as if they have already won it.
. For that lyricist on the row? I dont think they understood the dept of Boogey's 'Sactum'.
Also i doubt if they brought any interpreter to interprete the word plays and punchlines in that phyno's 'Man of the year'. They just blindly gave it to Mode 9 based on reputation.
. Artist of the year left for me i will give it to Davido(shooting 3 videos for a song no be small thin. lol), but well, Iyanya is ok.
Re: The Headies 2013 - The Winners by tnature: 7:16am On Dec 27, 2013
Indifferent: Thank God for Jawons 'this year' that song kept me going when things get bad
That song is an evergreen. Its going to be the most played song in the New year. Jaywon wrote his name in the history books with "This Year"
Re: The Headies 2013 - The Winners by Indifferent(m): 7:21am On Dec 27, 2013
tnature:
That song is an evergreen. Its going to be the most played song in the New year. Jaywon wrote his name in the history books with "This Year"

I would have been disappointed if he didnt win anything with that song
Re: The Headies 2013 - The Winners by airmark(m): 9:52am On Dec 27, 2013

(1)

2face's 'the Ascension' Is Currently D 12th Top Selling Album In D World / Download Fresh Music Emma-P – Crazy / Maheeda Goes Dancing Naked Again

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.