Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,281 members, 7,957,721 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 06:19 PM

Why Is Death Sentence A Penalty For Drug Peddlers In Most Countries? - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Why Is Death Sentence A Penalty For Drug Peddlers In Most Countries? (1565 Views)

Pregnant Love Peddlers On Onitsha-owerri Road. / Two Drug Peddlers Caught At Lagos Airport / Two Nigerian Drug Peddlers Arrested In India (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Is Death Sentence A Penalty For Drug Peddlers In Most Countries? by umetz: 2:07pm On Aug 04, 2008
why is death sentence a penalty for drug peddlers in most countries of the world? Pls am not a drug pedldler but i want to know d reason such harsh penalty is metted for this offend. Air ur view
Re: Why Is Death Sentence A Penalty For Drug Peddlers In Most Countries? by SeanT21(f): 10:56pm On Aug 04, 2008
I think its mostly in muslim countries. In The US, Drug Peddlers usually end up in Jail.
Re: Why Is Death Sentence A Penalty For Drug Peddlers In Most Countries? by umetz: 12:42pm On Aug 05, 2008
yeah , i understand  such harsh penalty is mostly implemented  in most muslim countries but, has it got any adverse  effect on the economy of this nation? or is it becuse of the money involve in drug bisiness?
Re: Why Is Death Sentence A Penalty For Drug Peddlers In Most Countries? by SeanT21(f): 1:29am On Aug 06, 2008
Drugs do not bring any possitive image or trait to a society. Its not about the money involved.
Re: Why Is Death Sentence A Penalty For Drug Peddlers In Most Countries? by Nobody: 2:32pm On Aug 06, 2008
Don't agree to It at all, yes drug peddling is bad, but taking somebody's life because of it? Truly sad embarassed undecided
Re: Why Is Death Sentence A Penalty For Drug Peddlers In Most Countries? by umetz: 8:11pm On Aug 07, 2008
Though drug peddling is bad , do u think it worths death sentence?
Re: Why Is Death Sentence A Penalty For Drug Peddlers In Most Countries? by umetz: 8:13pm On Aug 07, 2008
Yeah i agree with u the offence is genarally bad
Re: Why Is Death Sentence A Penalty For Drug Peddlers In Most Countries? by lucabrasi(m): 8:51pm On Aug 07, 2008
i dont support the death penalty in any way shape or form but having said that i think you will appreciate the reason why these people are given the death penalty when u have seen the scourge or effects of what hard drugs can do to not only a single individual but their families community e.t.c
Re: Why Is Death Sentence A Penalty For Drug Peddlers In Most Countries? by powderPink(f): 8:55pm On Aug 07, 2008
in my opinion drugs should be legalized, it will cut down on the profits made by dealers and barons. if it were legal then there won't be much of an attraction. The reason some do drugs is because its illegal and it makes some feel''bad'' and it makes it more of a commodity when its illegal. At the end of the day it will cut crime cause all the illegal behaviour surrounding drugs will go . People won't need to steal or mug people for the sake of it. At the end of the day people are free to do what they want and unfortunately it means self destruction but then its a person's prerogative. I think the govt should stop being such a nanny state
Re: Why Is Death Sentence A Penalty For Drug Peddlers In Most Countries? by umetz: 12:58pm On Aug 12, 2008
drug should not be legalised because if everyone has easy access to it , it will cause a greater damage  as there will be more users. wht do u think?
Re: Why Is Death Sentence A Penalty For Drug Peddlers In Most Countries? by cold(m): 1:08pm On Aug 12, 2008
Drug peddling deserves the death sentence.Because the person peddling the drugs has an intent to kill someone and should be killed first.
Re: Why Is Death Sentence A Penalty For Drug Peddlers In Most Countries? by umetz: 7:08pm On Aug 14, 2008
I disagree with u , not all drug peddlers has intent to kill
Re: Why Is Death Sentence A Penalty For Drug Peddlers In Most Countries? by cold(m): 2:36pm On Aug 15, 2008
Pray, tell me what're their tru intentions?
Re: Why Is Death Sentence A Penalty For Drug Peddlers In Most Countries? by umetz: 7:22pm On Aug 18, 2008
Not all drug pedllers has intent to kill ,, some are indirectly involved into d business,,, that is to say that some peddle drugs without knowing what the arr carring. At this . do u have to kill them if found with d substance? tell me;
Re: Why Is Death Sentence A Penalty For Drug Peddlers In Most Countries? by NubianQ(f): 8:31am On Aug 24, 2008
i really dont think its fair but what can anyone do? taking a life does not make any sense at all
Re: Why Is Death Sentence A Penalty For Drug Peddlers In Most Countries? by umetz: 2:05pm On Aug 28, 2008
thanks for ur understanding, taking ones life is not d best option for this offence bcuz the offender might turn a new leaf tomorrow, What do u think?
Re: Why Is Death Sentence A Penalty For Drug Peddlers In Most Countries? by MrCrackles(m): 2:11pm On Aug 28, 2008
I think drug peddling should be treated with a punishment which is of a lesser gravity like death!

True the death penalty is unfair but maybe a lenghty jail sentence and travel restrictions/ban for people caught during inter-country peddling!
Re: Why Is Death Sentence A Penalty For Drug Peddlers In Most Countries? by umetz: 2:07pm On Jul 14, 2010
well, life is beautiful as we all knw, we all pray to live it up. visit ivograin.com to know more
Re: Why Is Death Sentence A Penalty For Drug Peddlers In Most Countries? by isimili: 6:23pm On Jul 14, 2010
Life is a fundamental freedom and no one has the right to interfer with the life of another unless in times of war. i personally abhor and condemn death penalthy in every respect including times of war,
i believe that the few governments of the world who support the death penalty for drug trafficking do it because the ultimate end for the eventual drug user though not in all cases is death. they therefore feel that if the peddler is not minded to waste another's life then he ought to pay with his life too. But my people, we all know that two wrongs do not make a right and such penalties have yet to stop the peddlers. the Solution therefore is a clear change of attitude by governments and politicians. they must find out and address the root causes the crime. i have been following the case of 18 Nigerians who are about to be executed for drug dealing by the government of Indonesia and admire the fact that a Nigerian group has taken up their case. visit them and follow them at arisenigeria.org and add your voice to their campaign.
i know and can appreciate how strongly many people feel about drug peddling and using but life is supreme and we must not interfere with it. it is also the special handwork of God and we must not challenge god by destroying his hand work. God bless you all people.

(1) (Reply)

Woman Narrates How She Luckily Escaped Death In The Hands Of Money Ritualists / Thief Caught In Lambe, Ogun State (photos) / See photos of P.H robbery. 2 mopos killed instantly

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.