Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,318 members, 7,829,772 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 11:35 AM

Update On Second Niger Bridge: FG Reviews Cost Of Project - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Update On Second Niger Bridge: FG Reviews Cost Of Project (1957 Views)

The Truth About The Second Niger Bridge-Chibuzo N. Ziggy Azike / ‘why Construction Of Second Niger Bridge May Be Put On Hold For Now’ / Julius Berger Begins Work On Second Niger Bridge (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Update On Second Niger Bridge: FG Reviews Cost Of Project by HAVIJ: 12:33pm On Dec 27, 2013
Sincere 9gerian:
Did you even bother to read the report? Or is the report too long for your brains to comprehend? Smh

Why insulting the guy because he asked a sincere question? Grow up.

2 Likes

Re: Update On Second Niger Bridge: FG Reviews Cost Of Project by Nobody: 12:51pm On Dec 27, 2013
Italiano1: Insincere 9gerian, you need to up your game; your performance is depleting on a daily basis. You are just waffling and taking people for fools. What is so complicated in the construction of a bridge using a PPP framework? Has the government advertised this contract publicly or is Julius Berger their preferred supplier for obvious reasons?

You keep chatting rubbish about other projects, what a redundant and nonsensical retort! With all the so called intelligent people in the GEJ administration , many of whom claim to have PhDs - no one has taken the time to conduct a comparative analysis of similar projects elsewhere or examine templates used for successful PPP/PPF initiatives of similar nature? Have you ever heard of a competitive procurement dialogue system?

It is clear that the delay is due to the lack of political will and the intentional use of that bridge as a political carrot for the people of Alaigbo. It is indeed shameful that it is the same people who are being shortchanged that are defending the acts of a wicked government because of crumbs of bread they give them- they are ready to mortgage the future of their children because of a plate of Jollof rice. SHAME!

Your post is filled with emotions, lacking in substance and laden with ignorance.
Re: Update On Second Niger Bridge: FG Reviews Cost Of Project by citizenY(m): 12:52pm On Dec 27, 2013
Obiagelli: 8 billion per kilometre, not bad.

What? Are they using local or imported laterite and granite?
[b][/b]

1 Like

Re: Update On Second Niger Bridge: FG Reviews Cost Of Project by Nobody: 12:56pm On Dec 27, 2013
HAVIJ:

Why insulting the guy because he asked a sincere question? Grow up.
How do I know he is asking genuine questions since APC e-warriors and their allies derive pleasure in foolishness in stupidity?

Anyway, the answer to his question is in the report
Sincere 9gerian:

The construction giant mobilised equipment to the site in July for preliminary work pending the finalisation of the contract for the bridge and its approach road estimated at 12.4 kilometres
Re: Update On Second Niger Bridge: FG Reviews Cost Of Project by WilyWily5: 1:11pm On Dec 27, 2013
ilugunboy: An APC led FG will finish the bridge....
But Yorubas don't like to see any good thing in Igboland

1 Like

Re: Update On Second Niger Bridge: FG Reviews Cost Of Project by Malawian(m): 2:36pm On Dec 27, 2013
Rad1cal:

Like the 4th Mainland bridge since Tinubu first term.
grin grin grin i almost forgot about that. although to be honest, fashola would have done it if he wanted to. money full dem hand for eko here.

1 Like

Re: Update On Second Niger Bridge: FG Reviews Cost Of Project by agbameta: 2:42pm On Dec 27, 2013
Sincere 9gerian:
How do I know he is asking genuine questions since APC e-warriors and their allies derive pleasure in foolishness in stupidity?

Ogbeni Aso Rock Robot SERIAL NUMBER SP404.

We all know what is going on, this is not a direct FG contract hence the old up till they figure out the tolling agreement or how ibo people are going to pay JB for their own bridge via tolling.

Obviously, there's always FG money for roads, fast railway service from Lagos to Abuja to Kaduna to even deep inside Niger republic

While the rest of the country are getting direct contract government projects paid for by the people of Nigeria, the FG is not paying for this bridge, ibo people are going to come up with their own money even after begging for 30 years.

You mind telling yourself and ibo people why they are getting this RAW deal and why this is not a direct FG project funded by the FG instead of JB coming up with the funds and then sticking it to ibo people to pay through their nose for 30 years?

You beg for 30 years, you pay for 30 years.... What a freeking irony....smh

2 Likes

Re: Update On Second Niger Bridge: FG Reviews Cost Of Project by agbameta: 2:46pm On Dec 27, 2013
Wily+Wily:

Is this not the other way around especially with your daily bitterness, bad bele and anger every time you see anything SW especially you the resident bad bele bigot.

You people even went bananas over ordinary Christmas light decoration in Lagos.... How pathetic.

2 Likes

Re: Update On Second Niger Bridge: FG Reviews Cost Of Project by aljharem(m): 2:55pm On Dec 27, 2013
Wily+Wily:

and why is that ? When you insult and pray every evil in the work befalls the west how do you think they will react
Re: Update On Second Niger Bridge: FG Reviews Cost Of Project by Nobody: 3:22pm On Dec 27, 2013
agbameta:

Ogbeni Aso Rock Robot SERIAL NUMBER SP404.

We all know what is going on, this is not a direct FG contract hence the old up till they figure out the tolling agreement or how ibo people are going to pay JB for their own bridge via tolling.

Obviously, there's always FG money for roads, fast railway service from Lagos to Abuja to Kaduna to even deep inside Niger republic

While the rest of the country are getting direct contract government projects paid for by the people of Nigeria, the FG is not paying for this bridge, ibo people are going to come up with their own money even after begging for 30 years.

You mind telling yourself and ibo people why they are getting this RAW deal and why this is not a direct FG project funded by the FG instead of JB coming up with the funds and then sticking it to ibo people to pay through their nose for 30 years?

You beg for 30 years, you pay for 30 years.... What a freeking irony....smh
You'r just exhibiting toxic idiocy as usual.

It is called a Second Niger Bridge because there is already an existing bridge. When completed, people will always have the option of using either the tolled Second Niger Bridge or the free First Niger Bridge.

More over, I wonder why you'r having migraine because of the proposed tolling on a non-existing Second Niger Bridge. The challenge now is to build the bridge first, we can worry about the payment of tolls later.

I wonder rather have an alternative but tolled bridge than NO alternative at all. The past clueless and wicked leaders left us with NO alternative at all but GEJ is about giving us an alternative but tolled bridge.

Also, I wonder why an Igbo hater like you is obsessed with issues that affect Igbos. My impression is that you'r mentally unstable.

1 Like

Re: Update On Second Niger Bridge: FG Reviews Cost Of Project by Olaolufred(m): 3:37pm On Dec 27, 2013
omanzo02:

It depends on the design, I wound expect it to include an extra bridge or an extension for rail and tram track between the SE & SS, I hope see a monumental design.

KEEP HOPING.
YOUR HOPE WONT CHANGE THE EXISTING DESIGN.
IN A TRANSPARENT SYSTEM, YOU WOULD HAVE KNOWN, NOT JUST HOPING.
Re: Update On Second Niger Bridge: FG Reviews Cost Of Project by juman(m): 3:38pm On Dec 27, 2013
Habah.

The federal government is confused.
Re: Update On Second Niger Bridge: FG Reviews Cost Of Project by Nobody: 3:41pm On Dec 27, 2013
Sin.9gerian, quit displaying your foolishness on this thread. We shall give the FG from now till 6 months time. If the construction of the bridge have not commenced, then the worst awaits you on this forum.
Re: Update On Second Niger Bridge: FG Reviews Cost Of Project by Nobody: 3:45pm On Dec 27, 2013
berem: Sin.9gerian, quit displaying your foolishness on this thread. We shall give the FG from now till 6 months time. If the construction of the bridge have not commenced, then the worst awaits you on this forum.

They would have done the groundbreaking by then......that on it's own is a milestone.
Re: Update On Second Niger Bridge: FG Reviews Cost Of Project by agbameta: 3:48pm On Dec 27, 2013
Re: Update On Second Niger Bridge: FG Reviews Cost Of Project by agbameta: 3:48pm On Dec 27, 2013
Sincere 9gerian:

It is called a Second Niger Bridge because there is already an existing bridge.

Who gives a sh!!tt what you call your bootlegged bridge and of what relevance is this? Negro please..

More over, I wonder why you'r having migraine because of the proposed tolling on a non-existing Second Niger Bridge.

Have your migraine now or 30 years from now, it makes no difference because it's still going to be tolled unless based on what you are peddling and plans on the table so keep quiet..

The challenge now is to build the bridge first, we can worry about the payment of tolls later.

Worry now, worry later, who cares? It doesn't alter my assertions because it's still going to be paid for by ibo people.

I wonder rather have an alternative but tolled bridge than NO alternative at all. The past clueless and wicked leaders left us with NO alternative at all but GEJ is about giving us an alternative but tolled bridge.

Rubbish. The question is why are you getting saddled with the payments instead of the FG? Why is the FG spending billions on other projects around the country, but refused to fund this bridge ibo people have been begging 4 for 30 long years even with the ibo people pillar of my administration nonsense...

Also, I wonder why an Igbo hater like you is obsessed with issues that affect Igbos. My impression is that you'r mentally unstable.

Hate and incompetence resides inside your heart hence your deceptive lies and silliness on behalf of your master .
Re: Update On Second Niger Bridge: FG Reviews Cost Of Project by 1wolex85: 3:59pm On Dec 27, 2013
Sincere 9gerian:

So na me be APC e-warrior abi? Anyway,that's your usual, always obsessed with APC. What has this got to do with APC sef? must everything be political?
Re: Update On Second Niger Bridge: FG Reviews Cost Of Project by Nobody: 4:09pm On Dec 27, 2013
This bridge is going to be tolled after all said and done.....

I wonder what the reaction would have been about the tolling if the President is a Northerner or S/westerner.

....there would have been shout of blue-murder!
Re: Update On Second Niger Bridge: FG Reviews Cost Of Project by agbameta: 4:15pm On Dec 27, 2013
ilugunboy: This bridge is going to be tolled after all said and done.....

I wonder what the reaction would have been about the tolling if the President is a Northerner or S/westerner.

Talk about endless acrobatic display, with hate, bigotry and unrestrained madness on NL for weeks if not years..

1 Like

Re: Update On Second Niger Bridge: FG Reviews Cost Of Project by Nobody: 4:23pm On Dec 27, 2013
agbameta:

Who gives a sh!!tt what you call your bootlegged bridge and of what relevance is this? Negro please..

When completed, people will always have the option of using either the tolled Second Niger Bridge or the free First Niger Bridge.

Have your migraine now or 30 years from now, it makes no difference because it's still going to be tolled unless based on what you are peddling and plans on the table so keep quiet..

Worry now, worry later, who cares? It doesn't alter my assertions because it's still going to be paid for by ibo people.

Rubbish. The question is why are you getting saddled with the payments instead of the FG? Why is the FG spending billions on other projects around the country, but refused to fund this bridge ibo people have been begging 4 for 30 long years even with the ibo people pillar of my administration nonsense...

Hate and incompetence resides inside your heart hence your deceptive lies and silliness on behalf of your master .
Exactly. I support GEJ because he is doing projects all across the country, not just in the southeast. GEJ is a nationalist and patriot who is not out to favour any particular region. Besides, the southeast has not asked for special favours. All they'v asked for is what is due to them from the federation- fairness and equity. The southeast people are naturally very competitive and hardworking and will flourish in a just and equitable atmosphere.

The Second Niger Bridge is not the only project the FG is doing in the southeast. Like other regions of the country, the FG is doing many other projects in the southeast. For example, contract for reconstruction of SOME sections of the Enugu-PH road alone was awarded recently at N90 billion. Other sections of the same road will be awarded next year.

Also, the projects being done in other parts of the country are used by all Nigerians, including the southeast people resident in those areas.

Unfortunately for us in this country, we still have few tribal bigots like you who seen everything from their myopic prism of ethnicity. The favour many patriotic Nigerians ask of God this year is to extinguish elements like you wherever they are across the country. Nigeria will definitely be a better country without evil people like you.
Re: Update On Second Niger Bridge: FG Reviews Cost Of Project by Nobody: 4:27pm On Dec 27, 2013
ilugunboy: This bridge is going to be tolled after all said and done.....

The southeast demanded for a Second Niger Bridge, toll or on toll, from OBJ and Yar Adua. But for 11 years, they got neither a tolled nor an untolled Second Niger Bridge. But they did not occupy Ojuta or threaten to make Nigerian ungovernable because of that.
Re: Update On Second Niger Bridge: FG Reviews Cost Of Project by agbameta: 4:31pm On Dec 27, 2013
This is another sad lesson for ibo people. You reap what you sow when you insult and abuse other people all the time. You are free to do all that nonsense inside your villages like you did in Anambra and other places, but you pay for it Nationally because you or GEJ doesn't control or direct National funds for projects and development, the people you insult and abuse controls the money, they decide what gets funded.

You just got the middle finger thrown in your face like build your own godamn bridge.

Change your mean spirited, hateful, bigoted and anti social ways for your own good...

2 Likes

Re: Update On Second Niger Bridge: FG Reviews Cost Of Project by asha80(m): 4:34pm On Dec 27, 2013
agbameta: This is another sad lesson for ibo people. You reap what you sow when you insult and abuse other people all the time. You are free to do all that nonsense inside your villages like you did in Anambra and other places, but you pay for it Nationally because you or GEJ doesn't control or direct National funds for projects and development, the people you insult and abuse controls the money, they decide what gets funded.

You just got the middle finger thrown in your face like build your own godamn bridge.

Change your mean spirited, hateful, bigoted and anti social ways for your own good...
smdh
Re: Update On Second Niger Bridge: FG Reviews Cost Of Project by agbameta: 4:37pm On Dec 27, 2013
Sincere 9gerian:
GEJ is a nationalist and patriot who is not out to favour any particular region.

You mean he's a nationalist to the rest of the country, but not when it comes to the ibo people that gave him all their votes? Do you even read over your dumb and insane nonsense before posting?

The dullard doesn't favor the east, but his administration is lopsided in favor of ibo people at the expense of the rest of the country.

He doesn't favor ibo people, but he openly revealed to the rest of the country that ibo people are the pillar of his incompetent and corrupt administration.

The fact is, he can play what ever tribal and bigoted games he desire like appointments and other executive crap, but when it comes to funds for projects, he has no say because all that is above his pay grade and responsibility, that's up to the rest of Nigeria/The Nigerian legislature to decide.

And the rest of your post sounds boring as usual..

Cry me a damn river

1 Like

Re: Update On Second Niger Bridge: FG Reviews Cost Of Project by ba7man(m): 4:39pm On Dec 27, 2013
Malawian:
grin grin grin i almost forgot about that. although to be honest, fashola would have done it if he wanted to. money full dem hand for eko here.
Lagos Island is connected to the mainland by 3 Solid Bridges, Passanger and vehicular Ferry services already.

The Niger Bridge is all you've got and its shaky already so the 2 senarios aren't comparable.
Re: Update On Second Niger Bridge: FG Reviews Cost Of Project by Nobody: 4:46pm On Dec 27, 2013
Sincere 9gerian:
The southeast demanded for a Second Niger Bridge, toll or on toll, from OBJ and Yar Adua. But for 11 years, they got neither a tolled nor an untolled Second Niger Bridge. But they did not occupy Ojuta or threaten to make Nigerian ungovernable because of that.

Why would you want to come and protest in Ojuta Ojota?

Do you see men carrying ladies handbag while in women wrapper in Ojota among the protesters?

We do real protest in Ojota..not skelewu competition.. grin
Re: Update On Second Niger Bridge: FG Reviews Cost Of Project by agbameta: 4:53pm On Dec 27, 2013
ilugunboy:

Why would you want to come and protest in Ojuta Ojota?

Do you see men carrying ladies handbag while in women wrapper in Ojota among the protesters?

We do real protest in Ojota..not skelewu competition.. grin

The ladies hand bag dude was definitely heading to some owambe get down.

lmao... What's up with the flag of Israel silliness?

2 Likes

Re: Update On Second Niger Bridge: FG Reviews Cost Of Project by Nobody: 5:04pm On Dec 27, 2013
berem: How long will it take them to review the cost of the bridge? Sometime early this year,the Minister of Works was interviewed on Channels TV where he said something similar. This is the end of the year and he's still saying the same thing. Unfortunately,we will continue hearing the same old story till this tenure ends.
I know you hate anything Gej et al. but what you should know is they don't just award contract like that, their are likely procedures and due process must followed. Moreover this is a long term project.
Re: Update On Second Niger Bridge: FG Reviews Cost Of Project by superstar1(m): 5:13pm On Dec 27, 2013
How will they now pay for their own bridge, when Ohaneze is already eating the bridge and onitsha port, based on GEJ and Oduahs' handout to them.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Boko Haram Leader Abubakar Shekau In Profile / This Post Is An Excerpt From Saffarigirl`s Comment / Alert! Ecobank Nigeria Plc

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.