Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,938 members, 7,838,346 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 07:58 PM

My Experience With Kidnappers Barely 30 Minutes Ago[not A Story, A True Experien - Crime (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / My Experience With Kidnappers Barely 30 Minutes Ago[not A Story, A True Experien (19263 Views)

Kidnappers Shoot Man After Collecting N30m Ransom / We Planned Ikorodu Bank Robbery In 30 Minutes— Suspect / JTF Alerts Public On New Antics Of Kidnappers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Experience With Kidnappers Barely 30 Minutes Ago[not A Story, A True Experien by Saraha1(f): 10:09am On Dec 28, 2013
pappilo:

A high school "friend" I had not seen in 7 years did this to me in my own house! I dont normally believe in diabolical stuff but that day I realised it exists. It had rained on the day he came "visiting" rain and the floor was muddy so we sat outside in the car port.

As a chap with an acceptable level of street knowledge, like 30 seconds into his story I knew where this was going. At about a minute in, I couldnt understand what the guy was saying anymore and from then on I just saw his lips move.

What happened next shocked me. I made to get up from the sofa I was sitting and it felt like I was glued to the seat! I panicked. I dont know where I summoned the strenght from but I somehow managed to fight the force pushing me down to my seat and I got up and backed up slowly to my front door nodding to the barsteward even though I had long lost any comprehension of what he was saying.

I locked the door, shouted out for the house help, ran upstairs and picked up a dusty bible in my room. I randomly flicked it open but I couldnt see anything. The house help came and started panicking saying "brother wetin happen?" That was when I started coming round to my senses.

I asked the house help to go outside and let my "friend" out of the compound and tell him I had gone out. I locked the door behind the househelp. I looked on from the window and when my "friend" was told I was no longer around, he calmly stood up and said to the house help "no problem, tell him I came to see him". How can a true friend accept such an explanation without any argument when we had been having a conversation and he had seen me go back into my house barely 5 minutes earlier? That just comfirmed his evil mission.

After the incident, I went and researched the dude and it turns out my gentle and meek classmate from years back was now a hardened criminal/cultist who had been rusticated from uni.

The moral of my long story: Be wary of "friends" you havent seem in a long time.
Thank God for your life.
Re: My Experience With Kidnappers Barely 30 Minutes Ago[not A Story, A True Experien by Saraha1(f): 10:17am On Dec 28, 2013
pappilo:

A high school "friend" I had not seen in 7 years did this to me in my own house! I dont normally believe in diabolical stuff but that day I realised it exists. It had rained on the day he came "visiting" rain and the floor was muddy so we sat outside in the car port.

As a chap with an acceptable level of street knowledge, like 30 seconds into his story I knew where this was going. At about a minute in, I couldnt understand what the guy was saying anymore and from then on I just saw his lips move.

What happened next shocked me. I made to get up from the sofa I was sitting and it felt like I was glued to the seat! I panicked. I dont know where I summoned the strenght from but I somehow managed to fight the force pushing me down to my seat and I got up and backed up slowly to my front door nodding to the barsteward even though I had long lost any comprehension of what he was saying.

I locked the door, shouted out for the house help, ran upstairs and picked up a dusty bible in my room. I randomly flicked it open but I couldnt see anything. The house help came and started panicking saying "brother wetin happen?" That was when I started coming round to my senses.

I asked the house help to go outside and let my "friend" out of the compound and tell him I had gone out. I locked the door behind the househelp. I looked on from the window and when my "friend" was told I was no longer around, he calmly stood up and said to the house help "no problem, tell him I came to see him". How can a true friend accept such an explanation without any argument when we had been having a conversation and he had seen me go back into my house barely 5 minutes earlier? That just comfirmed his evil mission.

After the incident, I went and researched the dude and it turns out my gentle and meek classmate from years back was now a hardened criminal/cultist who had been rusticated from uni.

The moral of my long story: Be wary of "friends" you havent seem in a long time.
Thank God for your life.
Re: My Experience With Kidnappers Barely 30 Minutes Ago[not A Story, A True Experien by o42austino(m): 10:21am On Dec 28, 2013
No be kidnappers be that na local 419 Guys be that, thank God that u did not follow thru cos their juju for don catch u and go carry all the valuable for u house and bank give them even borrow from friends join.
Re: My Experience With Kidnappers Barely 30 Minutes Ago[not A Story, A True Experien by dorox(m): 10:26am On Dec 28, 2013
Like others have said they were out to scam you. In 2002 I had a similar experience in Benin when a guy approached me in front of a first bank branch that I was about to enter. In a very broken English and a strange accent he told me that he was from Togo, and asked if i could tell him how to get to an address that was written on a piece of paper that he brought out of his pocket. I took a look at the paper, I could not recall if I had heard of that street before though it did sound vaguely familiar, but I could tell that he was in the general area of where the street is supposed to be.
Fortunately we were standing like Thirty meters from a motorcycle park, so I suggested that he meets one of the okada riders and ask for directions/lift to the place, since there is hardly any street within their operational domain that is unknown to them.
At this point I was not suspicious of anything, I only felt sympathy for the guy being that he was lost in a foreign land. Another just appeared out of nowhere as soon as the first guy left and told me that the man from Togo fell victim to a woman from that area who took a container load of electronics from him. He then suggested that we should team up to collect the rest of his stuff before another person goes ahead of us.
At this point I was livid with anger not just because of their attempt to dupe me, but more for the fact that the guy in front of me could suggest that the fictional character they created should be duped even more. I told him and his partner to scram before I call the police stationed in front of the bank.
The truth is that I was never in any danger of falling for their trick because it is only out of greed and share wickedness would one be tempted to make life tougher for a stranger that has already been dupe. This is why I don't pity people who fall victim to these type of fraud, they are equally as guilty as the perpetrators of the fraud.
Re: My Experience With Kidnappers Barely 30 Minutes Ago[not A Story, A True Experien by babseg(m): 10:46am On Dec 28, 2013
pappilo:

I also experienced exactly this in 2002. We were even two. The guy started a story that I was able to understand for about 30 sec. After I couldn't understand anything else I just saw his lips moving and he was like murmuring things. I was very uncomfortable and I knew something was wrong with me but I was also able to fight it and suddenly called the name of my cousin beside me and I was able to come back to my senses. The weird guy just changed his story and left us. My cousin was a little bit drunk I guessed that was why it was easy for him.

Had it been the guy was successful he could have robbed us big time because we had like 30k or more, a very nice uncommon camera phone and a benz 190 padded as at 2002.

I think its called hypnotism and every hypno always starts with something to initiate it. But this guy initiated his own by throwing down his cap he was wearing.
Re: My Experience With Kidnappers Barely 30 Minutes Ago[not A Story, A True Experien by Soloter(m): 11:19am On Dec 28, 2013
CODE-EATER:
On my way to fix my cousins phone at konwe plaza,I tuk taxi to ibusa junction where I can cross over n get a taxi plying nnebisi road...

On getting there,a tall black dude wearing a red tshrt approached me and asked for directions to a so called "ochitech ventures",he claimed to be from kotonu and had phones and accessories to sell to someone, the owner of the so called shop..Having lived in asaba since birth,I can't say I know it all,but I have never heard of such a shop that sells phones along nnebisi road, I told him I didn't know such a place, as that was happening another fellow wearing a tukdd in white T-shirt n white chinos trouser came beside me,and was SEEMINGLY minding his business n preparing to cross the road, the other fellow asked him the same question and he asked "Watin u wan sell wey u de find ochitech"..in fact let me narrate d whole thing;

DUDE IN RED TSHRT: I want to sell some phones, mostly blackberrys,I am supposed to meet the owner at the shop, but I don't know where it is..

DUDE IN WHITE TSHRT: @me,nna e na su Igbo?

ME: eh..

DUDE IN WHIT SHRT: @theOtherMan ,I can take u to where u can sell ur goods to better customers but the place is far,I am a trader at onitcha main market..@me(in Igbo)make we carry am go main market,I know person wey de buy phone, he will balance us money,...@theOtherGuy .,how much will u pau me and my friend here to help u sell ur goods

RED TSHRT GUY: I WILL ONLY GIVE U PEOPLE A BB BOLD 5 EACH, PLEASE THIS ONE U PEOPLE ARE SPEAKIBG UR OWN LANGUAGE I HOPE U DONT PLAN TO DUPE ME..

ME: @whiteTshrtGuy.……i de go repair my fend phone, plz I no fit follow u go onitcha, go with him urself..‪#‎i‬ try to cross the road ,he drags me back by the hand #..

WHITE TSHRT GUY: come na,don't u want bb,as u fyn reach u go need bb to de on point... Follow the guy make e show u were im goods de, I de come make I buy credit... No fear...

I KNEW IMMEDIATELY THAT SOMETHING WASN'T RIGHT.. I DECIDED TO FORM AGREEING TO GO WITH HIM ..I WAS LIKE " name tru talk,make I follow am" the other guy began moving towards the building behind me,the white shirt guy moved towards a phone boot near by,I pretended to follow the man, but as soon as I saw a bus pull over by the building...I no know the tym I take cross road... I just turned n ran.. Luckily road wasn't busy, as I cross... I fly enter the nearest keke...

Still sweating out of fear, I just said "head bridge". .the keke driver was like what??..I realized myself n said ...emm sorry along along... Just drive a beg carry me out of here!...

While in the keke... I was just praying hail Mary... Till now,my legs still wobling ...

Guys be careful out there...

If I had gone wit em,only God knows wat they would have done with me...na my burial una 4 use start 2014...

I thank God sha...

MAY YOUR ENEMIES NEVER SEE U IN JESUS NAME,AMEN.

HAPPY NEW YEAR IN ADVANCE
Bros, I tire for you o! In trouble, you were praying to Mary for deliverance, at the end of your story you are blessing people in Jesus name. what a contradiction. is Mary also part of the Trinity? Aside the Trinity, no other person among the host of heaven is omnipotent, omniscient and omnipresent. You would've equally pray for Nairalanders in the Mary's name.
Re: My Experience With Kidnappers Barely 30 Minutes Ago[not A Story, A True Experien by bebe2(f): 11:25am On Dec 28, 2013
So this Happens on a regular basis in dat country and no investigation is ever done??

In 2011 my hubby and his jamaica colleague went to deliver goods in one neighbourhood but cudnt find d address. They kept asking around. The hot headed jamo saw two teenage girls asked my husband to stop d van ran to them to ask for direction.

The kids went home to tell their parent that a bblack man was trying to lure them in a white van. Next evening two police officers showed up at our house asking my hubby wat happened wit the kids my oga told them wat he knew. Gave them the jamos name they searched him on their system and went to his house, interviewed him and decided it was a misunderstanding and hadbto go reassure the girls parents dat their kids were not in any danger.
Re: My Experience With Kidnappers Barely 30 Minutes Ago[not A Story, A True Experien by CODEEATER(m): 12:02pm On Dec 28, 2013
Soloter: Bros, I tire for you o! In trouble, you were praying to Mary for deliverance, at the end of your story you are blessing people in Jesus name. what a contradiction. is Mary also part of the Trinity? Aside the Trinity, no other person among the host of heaven is omnipotent, omniscient and omnipresent. You would've equally pray for Nairalanders in the Mary's name.

I bet my new year chicken than u r not catholic...

Wat do people have against her...

Any way m a proud catholic and I pray my rosary almost daily... If u don't like it...that's ur own problem..leave me let me practice what I believe in...

BTW... Read again...it was a reflex action.. Didn't have tym to think of wat prayer to pray n to whom...

#justSaying

2 Likes

Re: My Experience With Kidnappers Barely 30 Minutes Ago[not A Story, A True Experien by Crixina(f): 3:21pm On Dec 28, 2013
Osas001:

That's one chance, they are everywhere.. I fell in victim of dem in Abuja, bt they took jst 11k from me, and few months after dat I saw one of dem again and he was saying bros, u suppose knw hw e dey go, I was furious dat day, bt I look @ him and asked him, the 11k, what difference has it done 2 u, and wit my friend dat pleaded, I jst had to let him go... Well.. Jst be careful n knw people u take pity on while on the street of nigeria becuz its poverty dat pushes dese fuckerz to do all dis.. Cheers!
if yours happened the way that of the Op did,then you were just plain greedy,not necessarily trying to help.no offence pls.
Re: My Experience With Kidnappers Barely 30 Minutes Ago[not A Story, A True Experien by Gen2jaynee: 4:44pm On Dec 28, 2013
Nicepoker: Video or i wont believe u
u go wait forever
Re: My Experience With Kidnappers Barely 30 Minutes Ago[not A Story, A True Experien by Saraha1(f): 5:52pm On Dec 28, 2013
CODE-EATER:

I bet my new year chicken than u r not catholic...

Wat do people have against her...

Any way m a proud catholic and I pray my rosary almost daily... If u don't like it...that's ur own problem..leave me let me practice what I believe in...

BTW... Read again...it was a reflex action.. Didn't have tym to think of wat prayer to pray n to whom...

#justSaying
you even have time to be explaining.
Re: My Experience With Kidnappers Barely 30 Minutes Ago[not A Story, A True Experien by meforyou1(m): 8:11pm On Dec 28, 2013
They've not kidnappers. They are fraudsters who play on people's greed.
3 encounters with people I know.
1. In Jos, they did that to my cousin. Collected the money she was going to the market with. Asked her to go home and bring DVD player, she did. Asked her to go bring TV, she was already carrying it when my uncle came back. And they disappeared.
2. In abuja, they extorted 250,000 naira from a house girl. Her madam's money. That they would double it. And disappeared
3. A colleague of mine sister. A fake pastor and his gang collected N100,000 from her. That they will get federal govt job for her. And the following day followed her to our office that she should collect N300,000 from her sister but not say why she needed the money. When interrogated, she spilled the beans. The fake pastor was then arrested.
Kidnappers don't trick, they just point gun and forcefully drag their victim into the vehicle
Re: My Experience With Kidnappers Barely 30 Minutes Ago[not A Story, A True Experien by Anaegboka(m): 1:14am On Dec 29, 2013
I came across one guy who claimed to be from Cameroon with goods looking for his customer at one plaza whose name he pronounced confusedly, I grabbed his belt and told him to produced his travel documents because I am arresting him as an illegal immigrant. When I released my hands and dealt him a blow he just took off like a car with brake failure problem.

3 Likes

Re: My Experience With Kidnappers Barely 30 Minutes Ago[not A Story, A True Experien by Pathfinder4real: 4:57am On Dec 29, 2013
Thank God for your life.
Re: My Experience With Kidnappers Barely 30 Minutes Ago[not A Story, A True Experien by AfroArena: 9:11am On Dec 29, 2013
Thank God
Re: My Experience With Kidnappers Barely 30 Minutes Ago[not A Story, A True Experien by Finestlex(m): 9:15am On Dec 29, 2013
CODE-EATER:
On my way to fix my cousins phone at konwe plaza,I tuk taxi to ibusa junction where I can cross over n get a taxi plying nnebisi road...

On getting there,a tall black dude wearing a red tshrt approached me and asked for directions to a so called "ochitech ventures",he claimed to be from kotonu and had phones and accessories to sell to someone, the owner of the so called shop..Having lived in asaba since birth,I can't say I know it all,but I have never heard of such a shop that sells phones along nnebisi road, I told him I didn't know such a place, as that was happening another fellow wearing a tukdd in white T-shirt n white chinos trouser came beside me,and was SEEMINGLY minding his business n preparing to cross the road, the other fellow asked him the same question and he asked "Watin u wan sell wey u de find ochitech"..in fact let me narrate d whole thing;

DUDE IN RED TSHRT: I want to sell some phones, mostly blackberrys,I am supposed to meet the owner at the shop, but I don't know where it is..

DUDE IN WHITE TSHRT: @me,nna e na su Igbo?

ME: eh..

DUDE IN WHIT SHRT: @theOtherMan ,I can take u to where u can sell ur goods to better customers but the place is far,I am a trader at onitcha main market..@me(in Igbo)make we carry am go main market,I know person wey de buy phone, he will balance us money,...@theOtherGuy .,how much will u pau me and my friend here to help u sell ur goods

RED TSHRT GUY: I WILL ONLY GIVE U PEOPLE A BB BOLD 5 EACH, PLEASE THIS ONE U PEOPLE ARE SPEAKIBG UR OWN LANGUAGE I HOPE U DONT PLAN TO DUPE ME..

ME: @whiteTshrtGuy.……i de go repair my fend phone, plz I no fit follow u go onitcha, go with him urself..‪#‎i‬ try to cross the road ,he drags me back by the hand #..

WHITE TSHRT GUY: come na,don't u want bb,as u fyn reach u go need bb to de on point... Follow the guy make e show u were im goods de, I de come make I buy credit... No fear...

I KNEW IMMEDIATELY THAT SOMETHING WASN'T RIGHT.. I DECIDED TO FORM AGREEING TO GO WITH HIM ..I WAS LIKE " name tru talk,make I follow am" the other guy began moving towards the building behind me,the white shirt guy moved towards a phone boot near by,I pretended to follow the man, but as soon as I saw a bus pull over by the building...I no know the tym I take cross road... I just turned n ran.. Luckily road wasn't busy, as I cross... I fly enter the nearest keke...

Still sweating out of fear, I just said "head bridge". .the keke driver was like what??..I realized myself n said ...emm sorry along along... Just drive a beg carry me out of here!...

While in the keke... I was just praying hail Mary... Till now,my legs still wobling ...

Guys be careful out there...

If I had gone wit em,only God knows wat they would have done with me...na my burial una 4 use start 2014...

I thank God sha...

MAY YOUR ENEMIES NEVER SEE U IN JESUS NAME,AMEN.

HAPPY NEW YEAR IN ADVANCE
all them one chance... Lucky you.. Give Him all the praise
Re: My Experience With Kidnappers Barely 30 Minutes Ago[not A Story, A True Experien by Saraha1(f): 5:08pm On Dec 29, 2013
Anaegboka: I came across one guy who claimed to be from Cameroon with goods looking for his customer at one plaza whose name he pronounced confusedly, I grabbed his belt and told him to produced his travel documents because I am arresting him as an illegal immigrant. When I released my hands and dealt him a blow he just took off like a car with brake failure problem.
hahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!badest guy ever liveth.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

CRIMINAL ALERT: Fake Police/efcc Alhaji Gay (tunji Alaso) See Photo / Lady Who Criticised Satomi Ahmad Beating By Thugs, Her Restaurant Destroyed / Soldiers Rescue 39 Kidnapped Passengers On Kaduna-Zaria Highway

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.