Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,230 members, 7,811,641 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 04:22 PM

Soldiers Rescue 39 Kidnapped Passengers On Kaduna-Zaria Highway - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Soldiers Rescue 39 Kidnapped Passengers On Kaduna-Zaria Highway (19240 Views)

Soldiers Rescue Kidnapped Victims In Zamfara, Kebbi, Kastina And Sokoto / Troops Repel Bandits’ Attack, Neutralise Many On Kaduna-Zaria Highway / Soldiers Rescue Abandoned Child In Ebonyi Who Was Locked Up With Charms (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Soldiers Rescue 39 Kidnapped Passengers On Kaduna-Zaria Highway by WoeBetide666: 8:02am On Dec 01, 2020
Soldiers engage bandits in shoot-outs on Kaduna highways, rescue 39 kidnap victims – Official

Nigerian soldiers have rescued 39 persons kidnapped on the Kaduna-Zaria highway, the Kaduna State Government said on Monday in a statement that showed the grim security situation in and around the state.

The statement, which contained the feedback the state government said it received from the military authorities on recent military operations in the state, revealed how bandits have laid siege to the major highways in the state.

The state’s Commissioner for Internal Security and Homeland Affairs, Samuel Aruwan, in the statement, said soldiers engaged armed bandits in firefight on the Kaduna-Abuja and Kaduna-Zaria roads in the late hours of Sunday and Monday in the latest of the confrontations.

'At Kwanar Tsintsiya axis of Kaduna-Zaria Road, Igabi local government, troops of 4 Battalion Nigerian Army overpowered the armed bandits that were shooting at motorists plying the route.

'One of the bandits was neutralised while several escaped with bullet wounds. Furthermore, the troops rescued 39 persons travelling to Onitsha from Sokoto from the armed bandits. The troops are still trailing the bandits to areas said to be their enclave..."

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/top-news/428785-soldiers-engage-bandits-in-shoot-outs-on-kaduna-highways-rescue-39-kidnap-victims-official.html

3 Likes

Re: Soldiers Rescue 39 Kidnapped Passengers On Kaduna-Zaria Highway by VEXT: 8:30am On Dec 01, 2020
FTC
North is gone!!!
Watch out for Hisbah,another growing terrorist..

84 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Soldiers Rescue 39 Kidnapped Passengers On Kaduna-Zaria Highway by fratermathy(m): 9:22am On Dec 01, 2020
Banditry has become the order of the day in the North now. This may seem like a small issue to the government until these bandits begin to form strong networks among themselves. We could have a situation where the groups would be loosely structured and that won't bode well for the nation. I really hope it doesn't get to that point because if it does, Boko Haram would look like a child's play.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Soldiers Rescue 39 Kidnapped Passengers On Kaduna-Zaria Highway by Gaddafi1: 9:22am On Dec 01, 2020
The level of killing, kidnapping and insecurity in the North is worrisome and yet all the security chiefs are from the area. I expect them to protest for their sack but then nepotism will never allow it.
The level of poverty is also very high even having occupied the seat of power for so long.
Greatest worry now is that the influx into the southern part is increasing daily, now the south will soon battle with similar proplem.
We have the wrong people at the helm of affairs in Naija.
HOW DID WE GET HERE?

18 Likes

Re: Soldiers Rescue 39 Kidnapped Passengers On Kaduna-Zaria Highway by Barka00(m): 9:22am On Dec 01, 2020

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Soldiers Rescue 39 Kidnapped Passengers On Kaduna-Zaria Highway by chatinent: 9:22am On Dec 01, 2020
The word “neutralize” is what I don't understand.

6 Likes

Re: Soldiers Rescue 39 Kidnapped Passengers On Kaduna-Zaria Highway by owprint: 9:22am On Dec 01, 2020
Where's the evidence
I've learnt not to believe anything that comes out from the Army and Government mouth.

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Soldiers Rescue 39 Kidnapped Passengers On Kaduna-Zaria Highway by LeitaP: 9:23am On Dec 01, 2020
Kudos to the Nigerian Army. I urge them to not allow themselves to be abused for political gains and dishonor the gallant reputation they have.

Honestly, their actions at the Lekki Toll Gate is a disgrace.

It's a disgraceful thing to attack unarmed people. Rather, attack the terrorists and bandits. That's honorable.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Soldiers Rescue 39 Kidnapped Passengers On Kaduna-Zaria Highway by mariovito(m): 9:23am On Dec 01, 2020
Maximum respect to the NA
But this seems like laundry work

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Soldiers Rescue 39 Kidnapped Passengers On Kaduna-Zaria Highway by sojayy(m): 9:23am On Dec 01, 2020
Nigeria is on red alert ! Nobody is safe anymore

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Soldiers Rescue 39 Kidnapped Passengers On Kaduna-Zaria Highway by pjc(m): 9:23am On Dec 01, 2020
Commendable...but wallahi, the NA is fast loosing her reputation. Where are the police and the new SWAT team?
Re: Soldiers Rescue 39 Kidnapped Passengers On Kaduna-Zaria Highway by Nobody: 9:23am On Dec 01, 2020
Damage control PR. grin

12 Likes

Re: Soldiers Rescue 39 Kidnapped Passengers On Kaduna-Zaria Highway by Scarrr: 9:23am On Dec 01, 2020
I hope no b damage control

5 Likes

Re: Soldiers Rescue 39 Kidnapped Passengers On Kaduna-Zaria Highway by samuel19222(m): 9:23am On Dec 01, 2020
Naija Army, bunch of political control element

3 Likes

Re: Soldiers Rescue 39 Kidnapped Passengers On Kaduna-Zaria Highway by Villagemeat: 9:23am On Dec 01, 2020
Lies

3 Likes

Re: Soldiers Rescue 39 Kidnapped Passengers On Kaduna-Zaria Highway by Ihatemumu: 9:23am On Dec 01, 2020
Yenefer please confirm if this is fake news?

4 Likes

Re: Soldiers Rescue 39 Kidnapped Passengers On Kaduna-Zaria Highway by Ghostmode2two(m): 9:23am On Dec 01, 2020
After killing innocent protesters at the Lekki tollgate

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Soldiers Rescue 39 Kidnapped Passengers On Kaduna-Zaria Highway by Davidzy23(m): 9:24am On Dec 01, 2020
kudos to the Nigeria military

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Soldiers Rescue 39 Kidnapped Passengers On Kaduna-Zaria Highway by ATEAMS: 9:24am On Dec 01, 2020
What happens when your are a nobody in your own country
Re: Soldiers Rescue 39 Kidnapped Passengers On Kaduna-Zaria Highway by Coolgent(m): 9:24am On Dec 01, 2020
Oh Allah free us from this villain (PMB)

1 Like

Re: Soldiers Rescue 39 Kidnapped Passengers On Kaduna-Zaria Highway by TheRedpillguy: 9:24am On Dec 01, 2020
VEXT:
North is gone!!!
Watch out for Hisbah,another growing terrorist..
True
Re: Soldiers Rescue 39 Kidnapped Passengers On Kaduna-Zaria Highway by Halopy: 9:24am On Dec 01, 2020
undecided I've noticed that anytime there is major attack from the BH, and there is heavy casualty, few days later, we will read in the news that the army has killed some insurgents or they foiled one attacked or they have rescued some kidnapped victim or the other. I see this as mere propaganda or mere damage control. The army under buratai is too weak. Buratai is more involved in politics of Buhari and Apc than in protecting the territorial integrity of Nigeria.

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Soldiers Rescue 39 Kidnapped Passengers On Kaduna-Zaria Highway by AFULA(m): 9:24am On Dec 01, 2020
okay
Re: Soldiers Rescue 39 Kidnapped Passengers On Kaduna-Zaria Highway by youngrhosy(m): 9:24am On Dec 01, 2020
Hun.... Nigeria and insecurity... Kudos to the soldiers sha..
Re: Soldiers Rescue 39 Kidnapped Passengers On Kaduna-Zaria Highway by BobbyZrealist(m): 9:24am On Dec 01, 2020
Thank God for life.
Thank God you are back.
God will arrest every vampire IJN.
Re: Soldiers Rescue 39 Kidnapped Passengers On Kaduna-Zaria Highway by ProfAmaben(m): 9:24am On Dec 01, 2020
This is the worst in the history of Nigeria, everything is just becoming worse and unbearable.
Re: Soldiers Rescue 39 Kidnapped Passengers On Kaduna-Zaria Highway by Prodigee: 9:25am On Dec 01, 2020
Can the southern protectorates just do away with these northerners?
We no just gel at all! undecided

1 Like

Re: Soldiers Rescue 39 Kidnapped Passengers On Kaduna-Zaria Highway by youngeagle(m): 9:25am On Dec 01, 2020
What's the meaning of this neutralize I keep hearing over years, did they capture them and take them to court or killed them at the spot... Or they just chased them away ni

1 Like

Re: Soldiers Rescue 39 Kidnapped Passengers On Kaduna-Zaria Highway by Nobody: 9:25am On Dec 01, 2020
Good job.

1 Like

Re: Soldiers Rescue 39 Kidnapped Passengers On Kaduna-Zaria Highway by MozB: 9:26am On Dec 01, 2020
Well if its not one of their lies, then the've done a good job. But my mind d tell me se na lie.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

My Experience With Kidnappers Barely 30 Minutes Ago[not A Story, A True Experien / Lawyer Narrates How Man Slapped Her After Scratching Her Car & Police Supported / 50-Year-Old Man Paraded For Raping 3-Year-Old Girl In A Church In Bayelsa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.