|Join Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New|
Stats: 2,799,499 members, 6,690,294 topics. Date: Monday, 24 January 2022 at 06:40 PM
Career Opportunity For Engineers And Geologists - Pdms 12.1 Training At Megatek / Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants / Geologists And Mining Engrs: Let's Talk Here (2) (3) (4)
|Oil & Gas Opportunities In Canada(for Petroleum Engrs, Geologists,mining Engrs) by vostromglobal: 8:42pm On Dec 27, 2013|
We are an indigenous consulting firm in Lagos currently in partnership with a distiguished Immigration Consulting firm in Canada. And we are please to inform nairalanders of unique opportunities in the Canadian Oil and Gas sector.Please find below the job duties of different Professions under which the Goverment is still accepting application for Permanent Residence of Canada.
· Conduct feasibility assessment studies for developing new oil and gas fields
· Direct and monitor oil and gas drilling operations
· Develop drilling programs, select sites and specify drilling fluids, bit selection, drill stem testing procedures and equipment
· Direct and monitor the completion and evaluation of wells, well testing and well surveys
· Design and select artificial lift machinery, and well and surface production equipment and systems, and specify programs for corrosion control and oil or gas treatment
· Develop specifications for and monitor and supervise well modification and stimulation programs to maximize oil and gas recovery
· Analyze reservoir rock and fluid data to design optimum recovery methods and to predict reservoir performance and reserves
· Monitor and forecast oil and gas reservoir performance and recommend oil recovery techniques which extend the economic life of wells
· Design, develop and co-ordinate the installation, maintenance and operation of subsea well-head and production equipment.
Geoscientists and oceanographers
· Conduct theoretical and applied research to extend knowledge of surface and subsurface features of the earth, its history and the operation of physical, chemical and biological systems that control its evolution
· Plan, direct and participate in geological, geochemical and geophysical field studies, drilling and geological testing programs
· Plan and conduct seismic, electromagnetic, magnetic, gravimetric, radiometric, radar and other remote sensing programs
· Plan, direct and participate in analyses of geological, geochemical and geophysical survey data, well logs and other test results, maps, notes and cross sections
· Develop models and applied software for the analysis and interpretation of data
· Plan and conduct analytical studies of core samples, drill cuttings and rock samples to identify chemical, mineral, hydrocarbon and biological composition and to assess depositional environments and geological age
· Assess the size, orientation and composition of mineral ore bodies and hydrocarbon deposits
· Identify deposits of construction materials and determine their characteristics and suitability for use as concrete aggregates, road fill or for other applications
· Conduct geological and geophysical studies for regional development and advise in areas such as site selection, waste management and restoration of contaminated sites
· Recommend the acquisition of lands, exploration and mapping programs and mine development
· Identify and advise on anticipated natural risks such as slope erosion, landslides, soil instability, subsidence, earthquakes and volcanic eruptions
· May supervise and co-ordinate well drilling, completion and work-overs and mining activities.
Oceanographers perform some or all of the following duties:
· Conduct theoretical and applied oceanographic research programs and expeditions to extend knowledge of the physical, chemical and biological properties and functioning of oceans
· Plan, direct and participate in sampling and analysis of seawater, plankton, fish, sediments and rocks
· Study physical properties of oceans to develop models, charts and computer simulations of ocean conditions, such as tides, waves, currents and sediment transport
· Explore ocean floor and submarine geological structures, conduct seismic surveys and study formation of ocean basins and other structures to map ocean floor, coastal erosion, sediment accumulation and areas for offshore oil and gas exploration
· Plan and conduct investigations on ocean chemical properties and processes, ocean floor and marine atmosphere and undersea volcanoes to study impacts of environmental changes
· Study marine life and interaction with physical and chemical environments to assess impacts of pollutants on marine ecology and to develop ecologically-based methods of seafarming.
Geologists may specialize in fields such as coal geology, environmental geology, geochronology, hydrogeology, mineral deposits or mining, petroleum geology, stratigraphy, tectonics, volcanology or in other fields.Geochemists may specialize in analytical geochemistry, hydrogeochemistry, mineral or petroleum geochemistry or in other fields.Geophysicists may specialize in areas, such as petroleum geology, earth physics, geodesy, geoelectromagnetism, seismology or in other fields.Oceanographers may specialize in biological, chemical, geological or physical oceanography, or in other fields related to the study of oceans.
· Conduct preliminary surveys and studies of ore, mineral or coal deposits to assess the economic and environmental feasibility of potential mining operations
· Determine the appropriate means of safely and efficiently mining deposits
· Determine and advise on appropriate drilling and blasting methods for mining, construction or demolition
· Design shafts, ventilation systems, mine services, haulage systems and supporting structures
· Design, develop and implement computer applications such as for mine design, mine modelling, mapping or for monitoring mine conditions
· Plan and design or select mining equipment and machinery and mineral treatment machinery and equipment in collaboration with other engineering specialists
· Plan, organize and supervise the development of mines and mine structures and the operation and maintenance of mines
· Prepare operations and project estimates, schedules and reports
· Implement and co-ordinate mine safety programs
· Supervise and co-ordinate the work of technicians, technologists, survey personnel, and other engineers and scientists.
· Plan, develop and co-ordinate programs of geotechnical, geological, geophysical or geohydrological data acquisition, analysis and mapping to assist in the development of civil engineering, mining, petroleum and waste management projects or for regional development
· Analyze and prepare recommendations and reports for construction or improvements to foundations of civil engineering projects such as rock excavation, pressure grouting and hydraulic channel erosion control
· Analyze and prepare recommendations and reports on settlement of buildings, stability of slopes and fills, and probable effects of landslides and earthquakes to support construction and civil engineering projects
· Conduct theoretical and applied study of groundwater flow and contamination and develop prescriptions for site selection, treatment and construction
· Plan, develop, co-ordinate and conduct theoretical and experimental studies in mining exploration, mine evaluation and feasibility studies relative to the mining industry
· Conduct surveys and studies of ore deposits, ore reserve calculations and mine design
· Design, develop and implement computer applications for geophysics, geochemistry, geology, mapping and related fields
· Supervise technologists, technicians and other engineers and scientists.
Please note that ONLY EXPERIENCED PROFESSIONALS ARE NEEDED for these jobs and it guarantees a fast tracked immigration processing for the entire family for RELOCATION TO CANADA.
INTERESTED CANDIDATES SHOULD SEND THEIR RESUMES TO email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org. our lines are also opened for enquiries on 07046226996.
NOTE: Our company does not guaranty automatic immigration to Canada, THIS IS NOT A SCAM. ONLY SERIOUS MINDED AND CAREER DRIVEN INDIVIDUALS ARE URGED TO APPLY.
|Re: Oil & Gas Opportunities In Canada(for Petroleum Engrs, Geologists,mining Engrs) by oluakadinma: 9:14pm On Dec 27, 2013|
Put down your terms and conditions! How much is involved and condition of payment! Is it before visa or after visa.
Note: any payment before visa is an automatic scam. No trouble intended.
|Re: Oil & Gas Opportunities In Canada(for Petroleum Engrs, Geologists,mining Engrs) by vostromglobal: 9:29pm On Dec 27, 2013|
We do not request for any payment aforehand. The most important thing we do is to ensure we get quality resumes that fits into available job descriptions available with our partners in canada. Successful screening of resumes will afford you the opportunity to talk to our immigration consultants who will interview you to confirm your competence for available jobs. This is not only meant for Nigerians, we also source expatriates.
NB: Financial requirements for immigration will only be discussed with you by our immigration consultants in canada.
You can call our line 07046226996 for more details.
|Re: Oil & Gas Opportunities In Canada(for Petroleum Engrs, Geologists,mining Engrs) by ruffhandu: 10:22pm On Dec 27, 2013|
Don't charge any money, the employer should bear all costs.
|Re: Oil & Gas Opportunities In Canada(for Petroleum Engrs, Geologists,mining Engrs) by vostromglobal: 10:42pm On Dec 27, 2013|
ruffhandu: Don't charge any money, the employer should bear all costs.
Interested candidates should send their resume to the following emails;
Only candidates with impressive resumes will be duly contacted for further chats.
|Re: Oil & Gas Opportunities In Canada(for Petroleum Engrs, Geologists,mining Engrs) by Nobody: 4:04pm On Dec 28, 2013|
To practice in Canada in any of those occupation listed above. You would need to be re-certified by APEGA and that takes a lot of time, energy and effort then intern as a junior engineer or geophysicist in canada. It's hard to scale this hurdle for permanent residents not to mention a non-resident.
This your advert is not clear biko.
|Re: Oil & Gas Opportunities In Canada(for Petroleum Engrs, Geologists,mining Engrs) by vostromglobal: 6:23pm On Dec 28, 2013|
saxywale: To practice in Canada in any of those occupation listed above. You would need to be re-certified by APEGA and that takes a lot of time, energy and effort then intern as a junior engineer or geophysicist in canada. It's hard to scale this hurdle for permanent residents not to mention a non-resident.
That is why this advert is not an all comers affair, PLEASE WE DON'T NEED ROOKIES AND UNQUALIFIED PEOPLE. We already have people with APEGA Certification and good years of experience sending in their resumes to us(Local & Expatriates). As i said earlier, we are not an immigration firm. We are strictly into recruitment. We have set criteria for selecting resumes for our immigration partners. We are only using this platform to bring awareness to the larger audience. SO PLEASE DON'T MAKE US LOOK LIKE FAKES.
No offence meant.
|Re: Oil & Gas Opportunities In Canada(for Petroleum Engrs, Geologists,mining Engrs) by stariobran(f): 8:08pm On Dec 28, 2013|
I'm just wondering...why don't you have an official email address?? That alone is discouraging
|Re: Oil & Gas Opportunities In Canada(for Petroleum Engrs, Geologists,mining Engrs) by vostromglobal: 3:57pm On Dec 29, 2013|
stariobran: I'm just wondering...why don't you have an official email address?? That alone is discouraging
Thank you for your kind interest. We are currently working on a database driven website to capture resumes posted by interested applicants. When it is operational, I will post the address online. But for the meantime our email address is email@example.com.
|Re: Oil & Gas Opportunities In Canada(for Petroleum Engrs, Geologists,mining Engrs) by Nobody: 6:16pm On Jan 04, 2014|
No....no offence at all. Also, APEGA is also only relevant to alberta. The other 11 provinces have their own organizations responsible for certifying foreign trained engineers.
Just that nairalanders need to be careful because there has been a rise in fake employment letters originating from all over the globe including Canada. This leads to a ban once it's submitted to CIC.
Potential clients can check if OP's consultant in Canada is a member of ICCRC here:
Potential client can also call HRSDC to their phone number given here :
Call them and ask about the file number you have on the
LMO (Employment letter) given by OP's consultant in Canada
@OP, all the best in your endeavour. cheers!
|Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health |
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket
Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2022 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 115