Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,468 members, 7,816,092 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:32 AM

Official: Lagos? The Number 1 City For Relocation. See Jealousy .Thanks Goodluck - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Official: Lagos? The Number 1 City For Relocation. See Jealousy .Thanks Goodluck (973 Views)

The Number Of Private Jets In Nigeria - NCAA / Benin Vs Warri - Which Place Is Better For Relocation? / Lagos The Beautiful (Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Official: Lagos? The Number 1 City For Relocation. See Jealousy .Thanks Goodluck by callmenow: 10:03pm On Dec 27, 2013
How Facebook reveals human migration: User data shows London, Lagos and Istanbul are among the top places to relocate

The social network compared users’ hometowns with their current homes
Data found that Lagos, Nigeria grew 18.6 per cent between 2000 and 2012
Istanbul was second most popular city with migrants from within Turkey
London was listed as the 10th most popular region with a growth of 1.4 per cent between 2000 and 2012 - mostly from within the UK

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-2529905/How-Facebook-reveals-human-migration-User-data-shows-London-Lagos-Istanbul-places-relocate.html

Why do people from other parts of the world hate Nigeria so much ... Some people are saying that they will rather die than come to Lagos, which is growing at over 500,000 every year. We must thank the Jonathan Administration for being the best in the world. APC and OBJ must hide their face in shame. No abuse here. No APC supporters are invited to this party. We are only accepting jealous comments from Oyibos, not from Jonathan haters/z

Some unwanted and unflattering comments from jealous people in oyibo land:

"edward, london, 41 minutes ago

Lagos. Problem. Big problem."

"Adam Smith, london, United Kingdom, 1 hour ago

Lagos?? reminds me of a my Grandmother who left $5 million dollars. I need someone to help me to get it. "

Re: Official: Lagos? The Number 1 City For Relocation. See Jealousy .Thanks Goodluck by Nobody: 10:20pm On Dec 27, 2013
K
Re: Official: Lagos? The Number 1 City For Relocation. See Jealousy .Thanks Goodluck by Nobody: 11:43pm On Dec 27, 2013
are you people surprised? it is true name; its only Abj and Lag that is working in naija; the others are nothing to write home about. the other day one of the govt was crying because of poor infrastructure. nothing special!
Re: Official: Lagos? The Number 1 City For Relocation. See Jealousy .Thanks Goodluck by callmenow: 11:50pm On Dec 27, 2013
But this shows that Nigeria is working! The only city in Africa which is attracting foreigners. Congratulate Jonathan properly and forget people who are claiming that he is clueless. As if .... But he should consider 2015 seriously. He must consider the Norths feeling ... ACTION president. Noo Noonsense anymore. Nigeria is on its way ..

Aggrippa: are you people surprised? it is true name; its only Abj and Lag that is working in naija; the others are nothing to write home about. the other day one of the govt was crying because of poor infrastructure. nothing special!
Re: Official: Lagos? The Number 1 City For Relocation. See Jealousy .Thanks Goodluck by MrKnowitall: 1:10am On Dec 28, 2013
Fellas fellas relax. First, Lagos is clearly not the only city in Africa attracting foreigners, if you look again you will see Acra and kampala on the list. Second, President Jonathan had nothing to do with the success of lagos, it was Fasholas strategic planning and vision that brought Lagos this far. How do I know this? Well, ask yourself; how are the other states in the country doing. If all the states are collectively doing well, then you can give the credit to Jonathan. If not, then obviously Fashola is the man. I personally dont care for PDP or APC or whatever they call themselves, but am a firm believer in give credit where credit is due. Sorry to crash the party. Cheers my friends,mother fvckng cheers.
Re: Official: Lagos? The Number 1 City For Relocation. See Jealousy .Thanks Goodluck by callmenow: 11:24am On Dec 28, 2013
The thing is that Nigeria is working under Jonathan. So we need to give him the credit. Imagine Yar Adua and his excellent being president. God forbid ... No more Nonsense. Jonathan is shocking. He is game changer. All Hail Jonathan.

Mr Knowitall: Fellas fellas relax. First, Lagos is clearly not the only city in Africa attracting foreigners, if you look again you will see Acra and kampala on the list. Second, President Jonathan had nothing to do with the success of lagos, it was Fasholas strategic planning and vision that brought Lagos this far. How do I know this? Well, ask yourself; how are the other states in the country doing. If all the states are collectively doing well, then you can give the credit to Jonathan. If not, then obviously Fashola is the man. I personally dont care for PDP or APC or whatever they call themselves, but am a firm believer in give credit where credit is due. Sorry to crash the party. Cheers my friends,mother fvckng cheers.
Re: Official: Lagos? The Number 1 City For Relocation. See Jealousy .Thanks Goodluck by MrKnowitall: 2:51pm On Dec 28, 2013
callmenow: The thing is that Nigeria is working under Jonathan. So we need to give him the credit. Imagine Yar Adua and his excellent being president. God forbid ... No more Nonsense. Jonathan is shocking. He is game changer. All Hail Jonathan.

All hail Jonathan ? Why do you love him so much?
Re: Official: Lagos? The Number 1 City For Relocation. See Jealousy .Thanks Goodluck by claremont(m): 6:35pm On Dec 28, 2013
callmenow: But this shows that Nigeria is working! The only city in Africa which is attracting foreigners. Congratulate Jonathan properly and forget people who are claiming that he is clueless. As if .... But he should consider 2015 seriously. He must consider the Norths feeling ... ACTION president. Noo Noonsense anymore. Nigeria is on its way ..
Not really. The data shows that 96% of the migration into Lagos is from within Nigeria, not foreigners. Moreover, this data should be taking with a spoonful of salt, reason being that most Facebook profiles are an inaccurate representation of the user anyway. I could be languishing in Ajegunle and check in using the Facebook feature to a 5 star hotel in New York.

Nice thread anyway, FP material.
Re: Official: Lagos? The Number 1 City For Relocation. See Jealousy .Thanks Goodluck by callmenow: 2:48am On Dec 29, 2013
Granted, the case has to be made that there are small percentages that lie about their location, after all this is Nigeria. But on the basis of weighted averages, Lagos comes out on top. The evidence is there. Eko Atlantic, Lekki phases, etc. There is evidence that migrations from other African countries is also tipping the scale for Lagos. Why are people in UK and US unhappy with this data, if it is all fabricated?

claremont:
Not really. The data shows that 96% of the migration into Lagos is from within Nigeria, not foreigners. Moreover, this data should be taking with a spoonful of salt, reason being that most Facebook profiles are an inaccurate representation of the user anyway. I could be languishing in Ajegunle and check in using the Facebook feature to a 5 star hotel in New York.

Nice thread anyway, FP material.

(1) (Reply)

Moving To Lagos (facts And Guides) / Castles Of Scotland / Which Is The Cheapest Flight From Lagos To Baltimore

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.