Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,900 members, 7,828,171 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 04:16 AM

Two Questions On Igbo's & Ijaw - Culture (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Two Questions On Igbo's & Ijaw (4080 Views)

Some Similarities Between Ijaw , Urhobo And Itsekiri / Two Questions For The Somali Fool. / Traditional Eastern Ijaw Attire In Pictures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Two Questions On Igbo's & Ijaw by LASIEFAIRE(m): 9:05pm On Aug 04, 2008
DeepZone:

Are you saying the west is happy the north is ruling over them and are contented with their sub par status in Nigeria? I disagree with you that the west is a deal breaker, explain how they can achieve that without bloodshed like the Biafra? Which Yoruba man will leave his mercedes Benz, nice mansion and education to fight a nomad at the expense of his good life? Can't you see the writing on the wall? The north has all the aces, they know too well that the ibo or yoruba will not tamper to fight them b/c they value their lives more than them else, how do you explain someone that went on barbaric killing because of a stupid cartoon in a Danish tabloid?

The crux of this issue is ideas and like thinking. The northerners reason like their brothers in Niger and Chad and lord Lugard would've done a great job if he amalgamated them. Southern Nigeria would've been better off amalgamated with Ghana. If you think the Yoruba will lead the secession battle, think again because it ain't going to happen and the ibo will not try again because they've tried before. The truth is that i would've been happier now if Biafra succeded b/c the west would've had more guts to leave those Mfuckers.

Ask yourself, what the Niger Delta is asking for now, was it not what the ibo saw nearly 40 years ago? Do you think that if the Bifra was to start today, the west and south south will still support the hausas. Think again. Nigeria is in more trouble than you think. I still believe the Oduduwa republic shall rise one day with no BLOODBATH in Jesus name. May all our oil wells dry up, lets see if these moochers won't leave us alone.

So in otherwords you are saying the Westerners are cowards. People who can't fight for what they want, but can silently suffer torture and pain.
Re: Two Questions On Igbo's & Ijaw by Uche2nna(m): 9:06pm On Aug 04, 2008
DeepZone:

Are you saying the west is happy the north is ruling over them and are contented with their sub par status in Nigeria? I disagree with you that the west is a deal breaker, explain how they can achieve that without bloodshed like the Biafra? Which Yoruba man will leave his mercedes Benz, nice mansion and education to fight a nomad at the expense of his good life? Can't you see the writing on the wall? The north has all the aces, they know too well that the ibo or yoruba will not tamper to fight them b/c they value their lives more than them else, how do you explain someone that went on barbaric killing because of a stupid cartoon in a Danish tabloid?

The crux of this issue is ideas and like thinking. The northerners reason like their brothers in Niger and Chad and lord Lugard would've done a great job if he amalgamated them. Southern Nigeria would've been better off amalgamated with Ghana. If you think the Yoruba will lead the secession battle, think again because it ain't going to happen and the ibo will not try again because they've tried before. The truth is that i would've been happier now if Biafra succeded b/c the west would've had more guts to leave those Mfuckers.

Ask yourself, what the Niger Delta is asking for now, was it not what the ibo saw nearly 40 years ago?  Do you think that if the Bifra was to start today, the west and south south will still support the hausas. Think again. Nigeria is in more trouble than you think. I still believe the Oduduwa republic shall rise one day with no BLOODBATH in Jesus name. May all our oil wells dry up, lets see if these moochers won't leave us alone.

I can't agree more with the highlighted sentence.

Nigeria is a ballon just waiting to burst. Who is going to bail the cat this time around?

It is funny 40 years after the civil war, this generation is still having this conversation. You can't solve a problem by postponing it.

Food for thought,
If this country eventaully disintegrates , then the efforts of those that died tring to keep this nation one would have gone in vain.
Re: Two Questions On Igbo's & Ijaw by tpia: 11:47pm On Aug 04, 2008
This name Oduduwa republic- do people even remember that Oduduwa himself wasnt Yoruba? He was an immigrant from somewhere else who colonized the Yoruba, or whatever the people he met in western Nigeria were called. To this day there are towns in Yorubaland who will tell you their traditional culture/titles preceeded Oduduwa.

If Oduduwa himself did not name the people he conquered, Oduduwa, then why are they renaming themselves now?

All this excess sentimentality will get us nowhere.
Re: Two Questions On Igbo's & Ijaw by doyin13(m): 12:21am On Aug 05, 2008
tpia:

This name Oduduwa republic- do people even remember that Oduduwa himself wasnt Yoruba? He was an immigrant from somewhere else who colonized the Yoruba, or whatever the people he met in western Nigeria were called. To this day there are towns in Yorubaland who will tell you their traditional culture/titles preceeded Oduduwa.

If Oduduwa himself did not name the people he conquered, Oduduwa, then why are they renaming themselves now?

All this excess sentimentality will get us nowhere.

Jeez. . . .U sure say u get any radical bone for your body at all
Re: Two Questions On Igbo's & Ijaw by agaba123(m): 12:25am On Aug 05, 2008
MC Usman:

@ DeepZone
@ davidylan
@ Mortiple
@ ifyalways

Whether you all like or not, Ijaw fought for what they deserve. So you're now rewriting WAZOBIA to WAZOIJAW.   grin grin grin

Aboki you would have checked the origin of the word WAZOBIA
and you have known that wazoijaw makes you look stupid because come in ijaw language is never Ijaw. Anyway na aboki de talk
Re: Two Questions On Igbo's & Ijaw by tpia: 1:19am On Aug 05, 2008
doyin13:

Jeez. . . .You sure say u get any radical bone for your body at all

wetin be radical bone?

In any case, I'm sure plenty of people here on nairaland will disagree with you about that.

na me radical pass.
Re: Two Questions On Igbo's & Ijaw by DeepZone: 4:09am On Aug 05, 2008
So in otherwords you are saying the Westerners are cowards. People who can't fight for what they want, but can silently suffer torture and pain.

Where did you read that from me oh ye northerner masking as a westerner? Why didn't you answer the questions I asked? I hope it gave you a food for thought.
Re: Two Questions On Igbo's & Ijaw by DeepZone: 9:14am On Aug 05, 2008
Deepzone i have seen the deepness of your ignorance. So football is your yardstick in measuring economic prosperity. Brazil has for long been producing the grestest footballers, yet they are not given considered as among the G8. While countires like India that has never produce a single footballer is seen as a rising superpower.
@McMugu,
It's like you have little problem with english proficiency. Let me rephrase the question for better understanding.

Can you tell me two hausas/Fulanis each that have achieved international recognition in the field of arts, science, entertainment and sports? From my records, all I can remember is them getting a CNN recognition only in the field of embezzlement starting with your brother Umaru Dikko who was the first politician in Nigeria to steal huge sums of money and lodge it in an offshore account. You claim you guys are holy abi? The greatest thieves of the 20th and 21st century in Nigeria are northerners.
Re: Two Questions On Igbo's & Ijaw by londoner: 10:06am On Aug 05, 2008
I dont get the whole premise the OP is trying to push. The only claim to fame I see currently is that Ijaws, South South people are becoming known as militants. Even with that, its a handful of people, who are not just Ijaws.

Is that really your claim to fame?

When you start producing people like Ngozi Iweala or having people from Ijaw extraction in positions like Soludo, then you can talk. The militants are not even trying to resolve the situation they are simply hijacking it for their own gain.

Is that something to brag about?

I think oil producing states have been neglected (including Abia), but they dont have the guts to confront the ones who have been doing it, instead the OP takes cheap shots at Igbo's. Its oil which is relevant to Nigeria, not the Ijaws as a people per se and the IJaws have never extracted one drop of oil for Nigeria's use and I dont believe they have ever had any interest in doing so,

Igbos can make a success of themselves without leaning on other tribes or outside entities/oil companies. Instead of criticising you should actually be taking notes.

Is it banking, insurance, contruction, movies, Igbos are among those in the forefront. They dont go cap in hand, they get up and do what they can do. They dont wait for another man to give them their daily bread.

Can you say the same for the Ijaws As much as I believe they have a legitimate complaint, they dont seem to be very industrious but just wait to profit from a substance which is found in their region.

In case you didn't know, the three main tribes are based on population size, when you overtake the Igbos in number you will become the third in line automatically. until then you will be listed behind Igbos.
Re: Two Questions On Igbo's & Ijaw by MCUsman(m): 12:58pm On Aug 05, 2008
DeepZone:

The greatest thieves of the 20th and 21st century in Nigeria are northerners.

1.  Board Chairman, Nigerian Ports Authority (NPA), Chief Olabode Ibiyinka George, over alleged N84billion financial improprieties perpetrated

2. Obasanjo awarded N37bn health contract in error – FG

3. Aviation Minister, Prof Babalola Borishade over the controversial N19.5billion Aviation Intervention Fund

4. Femi Fani-Kayode — mismanaged the N19.5bn Aviation Intervention Fund

5. Iyabo Obasanjo-Bello, daughter of former President Olusegun Obasanjo evade arrest over ,

6.   Abacha --> $3bill (all sectors)

IBB --> $12Bil (all sectors)

OBJ -->$16bil (only 1 sector)

7. Coordinator of the Police Equipment Fund (PEF), Chief Kenny Martins N227.091,581 fraudulently taken in cash from N7.74 billion

8. Former Health Minister, Prof. Adenike Grange 56-count charge of criminal breach of trust and fraud N300 million from the  2007 budget.

9. IGP Tafa Balogun charged with embezzlement of 10 billion

The list are endless, match this list with that from other part of the country and tell me who are the 21st - 30th thieves
Re: Two Questions On Igbo's & Ijaw by agaba123(m): 1:04pm On Aug 05, 2008
MC Usman:

16.   Abacha --> $3bill (all sectors)

The list are endless, match this list with that from other part of the country and tell me who are the 21st - 30th thieves

You are either ignorant or economical with the truth if mean that Abacha only looted $3bn and IBB only $12B.

$12b of Ibb was only from Gulf war oil wind fall. I think you should reserch well before coming here to give us tales from the beer palour

If only 2 people from the North were involved in looting of funds then I appreciate your patriotism but i don't envy your ignorance and insincererity
Re: Two Questions On Igbo's & Ijaw by londoner: 1:21pm On Aug 05, 2008
@ usman, with all that "evidence" of thievery, you still decided to have a dig at the Igbos?

Wonders shall never end. The biggest 419ers in Nigeria are not the ones in local internet cafes they occupy/occupied official seats.

I'm sure Igbo officials have looted also, but I doubt they are comparable to the above examples.
Re: Two Questions On Igbo's & Ijaw by Ibime(m): 2:19pm On Aug 05, 2008
Londoner, Onyinye, mechonu there. Stop falling for the Aboki's tricks of divide and conquer.

Forget this Usman Dan Fodio guy. As far as this issue is concerned, the whole South are with each other, that is why they are trying to pit us against each other. It cannot work anymore.

Ohanaeze Ndigbo have come out to support the Ijaws:

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-157332.0.html

Gani Fawehini has also come out to support the Ijaws:

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-156854.0.html

The only people irrelevant to Naija are the Fulanis - and they better accept that.
Re: Two Questions On Igbo's & Ijaw by londoner: 3:27pm On Aug 05, 2008
@ ibeme, I think you are right. This is a deliberate antagonist. is he even Ijaw.

What I disagree with is about the Fulanis. If we are going to be one Nigeria, Fulanis should be as much a part of it as any other Nigerian.
Re: Two Questions On Igbo's & Ijaw by MCUsman(m): 3:35pm On Aug 05, 2008
@ Ibime
@ londoner

Oil is the bread and butter of all Nigerians. Since 1999, the revenues accruing to the 23 local governments in Rivers have  more than quadrupled. And in 2006, the Rivers state government’s budget was  US$1.3 billion, larger than the budgets of many countries in West Africa.  But that windfall has not translated into efforts by local governments to  bolster basic education and health care systems that have teetered on the  edge of collapse for many years. Yet the blame in soley rested on the North    .

When OBJ, a southerner was President for 8 solid years, was he able to change the economy? he and his inbati bati brothers virtually sqandared everything, yet the whole blame is on the north.
Re: Two Questions On Igbo's & Ijaw by LASIEFAIRE(m): 5:15pm On Aug 05, 2008
DeepZone:

Ask yourself, what the Niger Delta is asking for now, was it not what the ibo saw nearly 40 years ago? Do you think that if the Bifra was to start today, the west and south south will still support the hausas. Think again. Nigeria is in more trouble than you think. I still believe the Oduduwa republic shall rise one day with no BLOODBATH in Jesus name. May all our oil wells dry up, lets see if these moochers won't leave us alone.

DeepZone:

Where did you read that from me oh ye northerner masking as a westerner? Why didn't you answer the questions I asked? I hope it gave you a food for thought.

Northerner masking as a westerner. I don't need to be what am not to prove a point. I am from the west nothing can change that.

To answer your previous questions.
Are you saying the west is happy that the north is ruling over them?
This is a clear case of dissociative amnesia. Need I remind you who ruled before Yaradua came it. Is the west happy that the north is ruling over them? I don't find any movement substantial enough to back your claim that the west isn't happy. I have surfed not less than 5 website - this year alone -  advocating the secession of the Easterner region. I googled Oduduwa republic . . . nothing to write home about. I am yet to hear of any credible dialogue, movement or a speech with a slight tone propagating the secession of the western region.

West having a subpar status. how did you come about that? If we were to begin analyzing ccriteria( infrastructure -  hospitals, roads, schools, education, airports, wealth, GPA)  to determine status, you will probably find that the west has the best status of all three regions.

It's contradicting that you said the west was subpar then you went further to describe a glorified status of the yorubas, describing the northerners as normads.

There will be bloodshed, no doubt about that. But that is the cost. The casualties of Biafra came as a result of 1. Starvation 2. Nigerian armed forces. Which included the yoruba faction. Take away the western faction and the armed men biafra would have faced will be reduced and take away the use of  starvation, the casualties of biafra will be reduced significantly.

And all what you accuse the North for is the same thing you can accuse all three regions about. Corruption is evident and prevalent in all three regions. Until you begin to face the real problem of Nigeria which is corruption at all level and by all regions, you will only be deceiving yourself that the three region breaking up will provide a solution. Corruption and greed and cowards are the root of all Nigerias problems.

And all what you described about the south not wanting to face the North because they value their lives is the number one characteristic of a coward.
Re: Two Questions On Igbo's & Ijaw by MCUsman(m): 5:46pm On Aug 05, 2008
LASIEFAIRE:

And all what you accuse the North for is the same thing you can accuse all three regions about. Corruption is evident and prevalent in all three regions. Until you begin to face the real problem of Nigeria which is corruption at all level and by all regions, you will only be deceiving yourself that the three region breaking up will provide a solution. Corruption and greed and cowards is the root of all Nigerias problems.

[/b].

Etteh threw the only opportunity for women to consolidate politically in Nigeria into the dustbin-shame. Nigerians are about to learn a new law from Iyabo Obasanjo- Bello, a former commissioner in Ogun state, presently a senator and the daughter of Nigeria’s “one time chief of anti-corruption” in the person of Chief Obasanjo. It is now legal to use phony names for contract purposes after all there is nothing wrong with it (apologies to Iyabo Obasanjo-Bello a.k.a Mrs. Akinlawon). For whatever purposes she chose to use that name there must have been intent to swindle the good people of Nigeria. This happened when Baba was telling the world to come and see a corrupt free Nigeria. Who then would be blamed for stealing? The North ?

Re: Two Questions On Igbo's & Ijaw by LASIEFAIRE(m): 6:06pm On Aug 05, 2008
Mc Usman
Please Correct your post to reflect your views.  First of all, take your portion out of the quote. Secondly, what I posted is irrelevant to what you mentioned, so I see no reason in quoting me.
Re: Two Questions On Igbo's & Ijaw by MCUsman(m): 6:18pm On Aug 05, 2008
Sorry 4 the mix-up i was trying to lash out at that Awos wannabi DEEPZONE.
Re: Two Questions On Igbo's & Ijaw by onyinye2(f): 6:39pm On Aug 05, 2008
MCmugu oka, can i ask you this? what is the purpose of this thread? to turn us Nigerians against each other? Or are you trying to draw up some attention?
Re: Two Questions On Igbo's & Ijaw by londoner: 6:49pm On Aug 05, 2008
MC Usman:

@ Ibime
@ londoner

Oil is the bread and butter of all Nigerians. Since 1999, the revenues accruing to the 23 local governments in Rivers have more than quadrupled. And in 2006, the Rivers state government’s budget was US$1.3 billion, larger than the budgets of many countries in West Africa. But that windfall has not translated into efforts by local governments to bolster basic education and health care systems that have teetered on the edge of collapse for many years. Yet the blame in soley rested on the North .

When OBJ, a southerner was President for 8 solid years, was he able to change the economy? he and his inbati bati brothers virtually sqandared everything, yet the whole blame is on the north.

I'm not in dispute with your points above, but thats not how you started the thread, you came at Igbos for no good reason and have yet to provide any concrete and legitimate reason for doing so.

IMO You originally came up with this thread to deliberately cause strife.

You have displayed this type of anti Igbo sentiment before Usman, I should have had that in mind from the outset.
For someone who seems to at least have some valid points to share, you let yourself down every time you descend into that sentiment.
Re: Two Questions On Igbo's & Ijaw by DeepZone: 10:54pm On Aug 05, 2008
Why did you take out 20th C? You are yet to answer my question which says:

Can you tell me two hausas/Fulanis each that have achieved international recognition in the field of arts, science, entertainment and sports?

and don't list Celestine Babayaro because i heard his hausaship has a strong ibo flavor.
Re: Two Questions On Igbo's & Ijaw by DeepZone: 11:14pm On Aug 05, 2008

This is a clear case of dissociative amnesia. Need I remind you who ruled before Yaradua came it. Is the west happy that the north is ruling over them? I don't find any movement substantial enough to back your claim that the west isn't happy.

Oh please, when you hear the hausas are ruling, it doesn't necessarily mean the presidency but the fact that the hub of the whole govt ministry belongs to them. Their greatest period of victory was during the military rule and having a democratic president solves almost nothing for the region that produced it because the efficacy of the senate. It may take the south five more consecutive presidents to clean of the ministry and balance it by region.

I have surfed not less than 5 website - this year alone - advocating the secession of the Easterner region. I googled Oduduwa republic . . . nothing to write home about. I am yet to hear of any credible dialogue, movement or a speech with a slight tone propagating the secession of the western region.
Keep googling, as long as there is life, there is hope. I'm for peaceful secession, better still let them Northerners secede first and watch us tell them bye bye with ease and not fighting them to stay in the union like they did to the ibos b/c they were scared of standing on their feet. I promise you that we'll only lose a sleep over it because we are celebrating their secession and they'll never be missed afterall there is more to life than suya and kulikuli.

West having a subpar status. how did you come about that? If we were to begin analyzing ccriteria( infrastructure - hospitals, roads, schools, education, airports, wealth, GPA) to determine status, you will probably find that the west has the best status of all three regions.

Roads, infra what? That we did for ourselves? Does that mean that because we are capable of doing it, another person will seize what is due to us?

Which road are you talking about in the west or east that beats those in the north? which hospital or which school that has more infrastructures? A friend told me that in the east, sometimes residents buy the transformers they use because they lumped every allocation in the north yet they can't even afford to buy a TV to use the light. I know another Edo guy that told me they contributed money in their street in lagos to buy a transformer so they can have light. Can you hear of such a thing in the north?

It's contradicting that you said the west was subpar then you went further to describe a glorified status of the yorubas, describing the northerners as nomads.

There will be bloodshed, no doubt about that. But that is the cost. The casualties of Biafra came as a result of 1. Starvation 2. Nigerian armed forces. Which included the yoruba faction. Take away the western faction and the armed men biafra would have faced will be reduced and take away the use of starvation, the casualties of biafra will be reduced significantly.

There is no doubt the whole tribes in Nigeria joined to wage the war against the ibos but there is a difference b/w an army and a tribe. You forgot the yoruba faction was under the tutelage of the Nigerian armed forces and should pay their allegiance to the national army, any form of defiance will be treasonable BUT we know who actually spear headed the war with passion.

And all what you accuse the North for is the same thing you can accuse all three regions about. Corruption is evident and prevalent in all three regions. Until you begin to face the real problem of Nigeria which is corruption at all level and by all regions, you will only be deceiving yourself that the three region breaking up will provide a solution. Corruption and greed and cowards are the root of all Nigerias problems.

True, can we first get rid of those that legally execute theirs?

And all what you described about the south not wanting to face the North because they value their lives is the number one characteristic of a coward.

Not true, there is what is called the bravery of the bull and waging a war against the north in this age and time will be that kind of bravery. Not doing so is not cowardice either, it's called diplomacy.
Re: Two Questions On Igbo's & Ijaw by DeepZone: 11:18pm On Aug 05, 2008
1. Board Chairman, Nigerian Ports Authority (NPA), Chief Olabode Ibiyinka George, over alleged N84billion financial improprieties perpetrated

2. Obasanjo awarded N37bn health contract in error – FG

3. Aviation Minister, Prof Babalola Borishade over the controversial N19.5billion Aviation Intervention Fund

4. Femi Fani-Kayode — mismanaged the N19.5bn Aviation Intervention Fund

5. Iyabo Obasanjo-Bello, daughter of former President Olusegun Obasanjo evade arrest over ,

6. Abacha --> $3bill (all sectors)

OBJ -->$16bil (only 1 sector)

7. Coordinator of the Police Equipment Fund (PEF), Chief Kenny Martins N227.091,581 fraudulently taken in cash from N7.74 billion

8. Former Health Minister, Prof. Adenike Grange 56-count charge of criminal breach of trust and fraud N300 million from the 2007 budget.

9. IGP Tafa Balogun charged with embezzlement of 10 billion

TY Danjuma?
JT Useni?
Aliko Dangote?
Gwarzo?
Kwankwaso?
Musa Na'Abba?
Buhari?
Mohammed abacha?
Re: Two Questions On Igbo's & Ijaw by AloyEmeka9: 6:07am On Aug 06, 2008
Etteh threw the only opportunity for women to consolidate politically in Nigeria into the dustbin-shame. Nigerians are about to learn a new law from Iyabo Obasanjo- Bello, a former commissioner in Ogun state, presently a senator and the daughter of Nigeria’s “one time chief of anti-corruption” in the person of Chief Obasanjo. It is now legal to use phony names for contract purposes after all there is nothing wrong with it (apologies to Iyabo Obasanjo-Bello a.k.a Mrs. Akinlawon). For whatever purposes she chose to use that name there must have been intent to swindle the good people of Nigeria. This happened when Baba was telling the world to come and see a corrupt free Nigeria. Who then would be blamed for stealing? The North ?
Shoooo, Etteh and obasanjo na just yesterday crime now, we dey talk of better crime committed in abuja no be N1 crime.
Mcusman, you be real ignoramus. People get your time sha.
Re: Two Questions On Igbo's & Ijaw by udezue(m): 8:13pm On Aug 19, 2008
LMAO @ da Hausa/Fulani gworo eating pedophile trying to drive a wedge between Igbos and Ijaws. Please please the days when it was easy to do that are long gone. The Ijaws are humans and also deserve their space in Nigerian politics if they are Nigerians so who really gives a damn? No ethnic group in Nigeria should be denied a chance to produce leaders for the country if Nigeria is true ONE which ofcourse we know is a LIE so Malam your cheap stunt aint going to work in 2008. Ijaws are realizing that they sold themselves to you blood suckers and the whole South is waking up to the smell of the burning coffee.

PLEASE IGBO AND IJAWS IF WE LET THESE FOOLS SUCCEED WITH THIS DIVIDE AND CONQUER STUNT THAT THE NORTH, HAUSA/FULANI IN COLLABORATION WITH THE KANURI, NUPE, ETC have been using against us THEN WE MUST BE THE MOST EDUCATED RETARDS ON PLANET EARTH.

Even the Middle belt is slowly waking up and realizing that the Muslim North are a bunch bloodthirsty users, liars and leaches. YOUR DAYS OF LEACHING ARE DWINDLING.

WHAT A DESPERATE ATTEMPT TO PIT US AGAINST EACHOTHER.

IGBOS WILL ALWAYS BE RELEVANT WHETHER You LIKE IT OR NOT. WE HAVE BEEN PROVEN THAT TIME TO TIME. WE WILL CONTINUE TO SUCCEED AGAINST EVIL. BOUT TIME IJAWS SHOW THEIR RELEVANCE TOO NOTHING WRONG WITH THAT.

BIAFRA EERRDAY BITCHEZ.
Re: Two Questions On Igbo's & Ijaw by Maykelly(f): 11:21am On Aug 20, 2008
MC Usman (m)
Monrovia, Liberia

Two Questions On Igbo's & Ijaw
« on: August 04, 2008, 04:49 PM »

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. The Igbo seem to be moving backward in terms of relevance’s, while the Ijaws have overtaken them as the third
most important ethnic group in Nigeria.

2 How did such a minority among hundreds of other minority groups rapidly ascend to be amongst the “Majority”

@ MC Usman, grin grin haha, the Igbo's should be asking you that. The picture in question stands your brother and brother in Mu.slim. You can imagine that. I guess you should answer the question your self. grin grin grin grin grin grin. But you cannot divide the Igbos' and the Ijaw people ok.
Re: Two Questions On Igbo's & Ijaw by MCUsman(m): 4:36pm On Aug 26, 2008
@ Marry Kelly long time no see. Why i asked those question was in relation to recent happings. You see the Ibo's have migrated thier ass to the extendthe few ones remaining are becomming less relevant.

A practical example, Dokubo, the leader of one of the Niger delta militant groups was released from custody but Nwazuruike, the leader of MASSOB is still being held in custody for the same offence.
Re: Two Questions On Igbo's & Ijaw by Nobody: 4:39pm On Aug 26, 2008
MC Usman:

@ Marry Kelly long time no see. Why i asked those question was in relation to recent happings. You see the Ibo's have migrated their ass to the extendthe few ones remaining are becomming less relevant.

A practical example, Dokubo, the leader of one of the Niger delta militant groups was released from custody but Nwazuruike, the leader of MASSOB is still being held in custody for the same offence.

Nwazuruike's group isnt as violent and is not threatening the source of livelihood of the northern idiots in power. Dokubo and his boys have already shut down more than 25% of Nigeria's oil capacity . . . that is why he was released and not for any altruistic reasons.
Re: Two Questions On Igbo's & Ijaw by MCUsman(m): 4:57pm On Aug 26, 2008
You think so
Re: Two Questions On Igbo's & Ijaw by Maykelly(f): 3:12pm On Sep 01, 2008
MC Usman:

@ Marry Kelly long time no see. Why i asked those question was in relation to recent happings. You see the Ibo's have migrated their ass to the extendthe few ones remaining are becomming less relevant.

@MC Usman, is only an ignorant/fool that will think the way your thinking, however the Igbos' are not Violent like the Northerners, no wonder the Quaran/Koran teaches You violent and how to practice it by brain washing the fools only - because the WISE is only found  in JESUS CHRIST.

Your brother is the dictator so i guess he already given you the answer your are seeking for. Leave NIGER DELTA ALONE. You the Northerners are the one eating where you did not sow. - GO TO YOUR COUNTRY "YOU  DON'T BELONG HERE" You should be in your dry land rearing cattle.

MC Usman, isn't it better you rather discuss about the 86 Wives that concerns you; than placing your hand where you're not up to. grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Two Questions On Igbo's & Ijaw by shotster50(m): 7:45am On Nov 04, 2008
@ Mc Usman,

I have followed some of your threads which I thought where intelligent and well balanced but I find this current one disgusting. What is the point You cant just say Igbos are loosing relevance and Ijaws taking their spot without facts, this seriously bothers on ignorance. What I can deduct from your various statements here are that you simply cannot stand them and that is the plain truth. Do not let ethnic reasoning / hatred becloud your sense of reasoning.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Who Is The Ogane To The East Of Benin / How To Easily Learn Any Nigerian Language / Obobanyi Of Ohionwa (ihima) Kogi State Is World’s Oldest Monarch

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 99
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.