Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,202 members, 7,829,300 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 12:59 AM

Two Questions On Igbo's & Ijaw - Culture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Two Questions On Igbo's & Ijaw (4082 Views)

Some Similarities Between Ijaw , Urhobo And Itsekiri / Two Questions For The Somali Fool. / Traditional Eastern Ijaw Attire In Pictures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Two Questions On Igbo's & Ijaw by Nobody: 7:28pm On Aug 04, 2008
I think for the first time many of these cattle rearers up north are suddenly realising the niger delta millitants mean serious business about shutting down the oil industry and taking control of their resources by force.

MC Usman . . . are you afraid of finally being exposed for the economic parasites you are?
Re: Two Questions On Igbo's & Ijaw by SMZINA: 7:31pm On Aug 04, 2008
onyinye2:

So you are siding with him? you do actually think you can remove igbo, mind and area where the country's majority of its income comes from to Ijaw?

Oga i am not siding with him as such but i am being objective based on current trends i am a friend of the igbos and it will interest you to kow that my girlfriend is an igbo. It's a clarion call on my friends to woke up from their slumber.
Re: Two Questions On Igbo's & Ijaw by MCUsman(m): 7:32pm On Aug 04, 2008
DeepZone:

Hence, wazobia, now how did Ijaw equate to "come"?

Whatever
Re: Two Questions On Igbo's & Ijaw by onyinye2(f): 7:35pm On Aug 04, 2008
S.M ZINA:

Oga i am not siding with him as such but i am being objective based on current trends i am a friend of the igbos and it will interest you to kow that my girlfriend is an igbo. It's a clarion call on my friends to woke up from their slumber.
Nnam then tell me a few things that Ijaw people have done to better Nigeria as a whole?
Re: Two Questions On Igbo's & Ijaw by Uche2nna(m): 7:38pm On Aug 04, 2008
Well, the South South have realised what a particular region of the country have been saying for decades. I dont blame the North for becoming apprehensive. Who is going to fight to keep this country again together when the bubble finally bursts. Is it the South South? Those guys have lost faith in the Nigerian govt. Is it the middle belt. Last I heard they wanted an identity of thier own, hence the name middle belt. Maybe the Igbos would be the one fighting to keep this country together with our beloved northern brothers  grin
Re: Two Questions On Igbo's & Ijaw by darfur(m): 7:40pm On Aug 04, 2008
davidylan:

Oh1 No wonder there is problem in Darfur. Mei Nama means no harm but rather trying to stimulate an academic debate that will enable us stress out. Thank God Mei Nama is the Head of state of Nigeria what an achievement from following a cattle to Asor Rock. _____ usman

Is it any wonder that Nigeria is in the doldrums today? With the exception of 1, every single president/head of state has been from that morally, financial and intellectually bankrupt region of the north. MC Usman must be proud of himself.

another reason why i habor some vestiges of bitterness for the british
Re: Two Questions On Igbo's & Ijaw by DeepZone: 7:44pm On Aug 04, 2008

Which slumber? a tribe that has the least number of her citizens that live in abject poverty? Common, ibo people can make water out of stone and am not quoting it b/c wole soyinka said so but it's b/c it's true. Take ibo and yoruba out of the Nigerian equation and the economy will totally collapse. You wonder why the hausa fought them with the last drop of their blood to keep them in the union, eeehhrr United Oildom(UO). Why not let them go if they are not important to your economy. Now am not saying that it's only the yorubas and ibos that are important to our economy but they both hold the anchor and Nigeria is still holdiing on today is largely b/c of them, take them out of the equation, Nigeria will become an extension of Chad and Niger. Ask yourself, on the international scene, how many Hausas have you heard that are exceptional besides Celestine Babayaro and Tijani Babangida? That will tell you how many of them that bring wealth into our economy from other nations.
Re: Two Questions On Igbo's & Ijaw by onyinye2(f): 7:46pm On Aug 04, 2008
DeepZone:

Which slumber? a tribe that has the least number of her citizens that live in abject poverty? Common, ibo people can make water out of stone and am not quoting it b/c wole soyinka said so but it's b/c it's true. Take ibo and yoruba out of the Nigerian equation and the economy will totally collapse. You wonder why the hausa fought them with the last drop of their blood to keep them in the union, eeehhrr United Oildom(UO). Why not let them go if they are not important to your economy. Now am not saying that it's only the yorubas and ibos that are important to our economy but they both hold the anchor and Nigeria is still holdiing on today is largely b/c of them, take them out of the equation, Nigeria will become an extension of Chad and Niger. Ask yourself, on the international scene, how many Hausas have you heard that are exceptional besides Celestine Babayaro and Tijani Babangida? That will tell you how many of them that bring wealth into our economy from other nations.
Nwannem nwanyi, I meela. kiss kiss kiss
Re: Two Questions On Igbo's & Ijaw by MCUsman(m): 7:46pm On Aug 04, 2008
davidylan:

I think for the first time many of these cattle rearers up north are suddenly realising the niger delta millitants mean serious business about shutting down the oil industry and taking control of their resources by force.

MC Usman . . . are you afraid of finally being exposed for the economic parasites you are?

The real power of nationals are based in their wealth.

Now as we know that wealth is based on issues such as:

Control of sectors of the economy.

Population –i.e markets. For example china, India.
Technical/innovation-i.e USA, Germany, Japan
Monopolistic power-i.e USA,UK,Germany, S.Arabia.
Minerals-i.e oil. For example Niger delta. But the resource is controlled by third parties.

And who are the third parties?

1. The Hausa's
2. The Yorubas
3. The diminishing Ibo's
4. And indeed the entire non oil producing tribes in Nigeria
Re: Two Questions On Igbo's & Ijaw by Nobody: 7:49pm On Aug 04, 2008
undecided
Re: Two Questions On Igbo's & Ijaw by SMZINA: 7:49pm On Aug 04, 2008
darfur:

another reason why i habor some vestiges of bitterness for the british

Look at you! instead of habouring bitterness for the british rather thank them for the physical infrasructure(roads, rail and habours) their colonial exploits brought to our country.  Since independence has they been any major difference in the infrastructure they bequeathed to us? Go and read political history of nigeria and stop being myopic.
Re: Two Questions On Igbo's & Ijaw by Nobody: 7:49pm On Aug 04, 2008
MC Usman:

The real power of nationals are based in their wealth.

Now as we know that wealth is based on issues such as:

Control of sectors of the economy.

Population –i.e markets. For example china, India.

If population (markets) were very important in determining those who control the economy then virtually every industry in Nigeria would be sited in the north not so since your fraudulent census tells us so.

MC Usman:

Technical/innovation-i.e USA, Germany, Japan

all the technical innovation in nigeria is limited to the south unless making suya is an innovation.

MC Usman:

Monopolistic power-i.e USA,UK,Germany, S.Arabia.

kindly explain this.

MC Usman:

Minerals-i.e oil. For example Niger delta. But the resource is controlled by third parties.

And who are the third parties?

1. The Hausa's
2. The Yorubas
3. The diminishing Ibo's
4. And indeed the entire non oil producing tribes in Nigeria

The control is gradually slipping. Its no wonder you and your fellow hausas are now running from pillar to post. No more free allocation?
Re: Two Questions On Igbo's & Ijaw by onyinye2(f): 7:51pm On Aug 04, 2008
MC im not trying to dog on you Ijaw people but seriously do actually think that you can put igbo people in the back seat? I mean tell me one Ijaw person that has done something great for the whole of Nigeria? Tell me what and Ijaw person has invented? Tell me how the Igbo people are diminishing?

S.M ZINA:

Look at you! instead of habouring bitterness for the british rather thank them for the physical infrasructure(roads, rail and habours) their colonial exploits brought to our country.  Since independence has they been any major difference in the infrastructure they bequeathed to us? Go and read political history of nigeria and stop being myopic.
And what has Ijaw people done to help this? And stop dodging and answer my question. Name me a few Ijaw people that have brought good to Nigeria as a whole?
Re: Two Questions On Igbo's & Ijaw by MCUsman(m): 7:53pm On Aug 04, 2008
DeepZone:

how many Hausas have you heard that are exceptional besides Celestine Babayaro and Tijani Babangida? That will tell you how many of them that bring wealth into our economy from other nations.

Deepzone i have seen the deepness of your ignorance. So football is your yardstick in measuring economic prosperity. Brazil has for long been producing  the grestest footballers, yet they are not given considered as among the G8. While countires like India that has never produce a single footballer is seen as a rising superpower.
Re: Two Questions On Igbo's & Ijaw by SMZINA: 8:00pm On Aug 04, 2008
[
DeepZone:

No wonder the igbos are leading the chart of 419 crimes in West African Sub Region. Take igbos out the 419 equation and then the image of nigeria will be restored.
Re: Two Questions On Igbo's & Ijaw by MCUsman(m): 8:00pm On Aug 04, 2008
onyinye2:

And what has Ijaw people done to help this? And stop dodging and answer my question. Name me a few Ijaw people that have brought good to Nigeria as a whole?

Name one single Ibo that has brought any good to Nigeria except Fake drugs & subtandrad goods.

davidylan:

The control is gradually slipping. Its no wonder you and your fellow hausas are now running from pillar to post. No more free allocation?

Wheather you like it or not you are a parasite as long as you are not from the south south.
Re: Two Questions On Igbo's & Ijaw by LASIEFAIRE(m): 8:01pm On Aug 04, 2008
DeepZone:

Which slumber? a tribe that has the least number of her citizens that live in abject poverty? Common, Ibo people can make water out of stone and am not quoting it b/c wole soyinka said so but it's b/c it's true. Take ibo and yoruba out of the Nigerian equation and the economy will totally collapse. You wonder why the hausa fought them with the last drop of their blood to keep them in the union, eeehhrr United Oildom(UO). Why not let them go if they are not important to your economy. Now am not saying that it's only the yorubas and ibos that are important to our economy but they both hold the anchor and Nigeria is still holdiing on today is largely b/c of them, take them out of the equation, Nigeria will become an extension of Chad and Niger[b]. Ask yourself, on the international scene, how many Hausas have you heard that are exceptional besides Celestine Babayaro and Tijani Babangida? That will tell you how many of them that bring wealth into our economy from other nations[/b].

Dangote.

Take Yoruba and ibo people out of the Nigerian equation and the economy will collapse. What did you analyze to make such predictions? And to forget that the Yorubas were equally involved in the fight to have a united Nigeria is . . . Obafemi Awolowo, Anthony Enahoro and a host of others were all strategists whose suggestions and contributions were imperative in the sustainance of a united Nigeria, or most I quote Major Benjamin Adekunle " There( refering to the east) we will shoot everything even if it's not moving." The yorubas feared the sovereignty of the east as much as the north did.
Re: Two Questions On Igbo's & Ijaw by onyinye2(f): 8:02pm On Aug 04, 2008
S.M ZINA:

[No wonder the igbos are leading the chart of 419 crimes in West African Sub Region. Take igbos out the 419 equation and then the image of nigeria will be restored.
Man stop dodging and answer the question. Name me a few Ijaw people that have done anything good for the whole of Nigeria?
Whatever man this is a civil debate. Know your boundaries. Cause you pushing it.
Re: Two Questions On Igbo's & Ijaw by DeepZone: 8:10pm On Aug 04, 2008
Nwannem nwanyi, I meela.

Translate plz.
Re: Two Questions On Igbo's & Ijaw by HCH3COO: 8:12pm On Aug 04, 2008
ROTLFMAO! onyinye stop speaking vernacular.
Re: Two Questions On Igbo's & Ijaw by onyinye2(f): 8:13pm On Aug 04, 2008
DeepZone:

Translate plz.
te he. grin It means "My sister, thank you" grin

HCH3COO:

ROTLFMAO! onyinye stop speaking vernacular.
Oka sorry water boy oka i was born speaking Igbo. tongue so you tryna rain on my parade? embarassed oka fine tongue
Re: Two Questions On Igbo's & Ijaw by DeepZone: 8:15pm On Aug 04, 2008
Dangote.

Take Yoruba and ibo people out of the Nigerian equation and the economy will collapse. What did you analyze to make such predictions? And to forget that the Yorubas were equally involved in the fight to have a united Nigeria is . . . Obafemi Awolowo, Anthony Enahoro and a host of others were all strategists whose suggestions and contributions were imperative in the sustainance of a united Nigeria, or most I quote Major Benjamin Adekunle " There( refering to the east) we will shoot everything even if it's not moving." The yorubas feared the sovereignty of the east as much as the north [/b]di
Please, the yorubas feared nothing, they only wanted a peaceful secession only that they didn't know they were dining with red bororo goats. If the ibos were/are bugs, why not let them secede so we can prosper? It's like complaining about someone squatting in your house but you won't let him/her get his own house and pack out. Why fight them tooth and nail if your existence and life line does not depend on their hardwork? [b]Moochers!!!In the same vein, we the southerners are collectively asking the northerners to leave us alone and let Nigeria for once be like North and south Korea.

Dangote? Did he create wealth or did the Northern dominated govt help him amass wealth? [size=18pt]To your tent Oh Nigeria!!!![/size]
Re: Two Questions On Igbo's & Ijaw by DeepZone: 8:16pm On Aug 04, 2008
te he. Grin It means "My sister, thank you
Ok, can you translate them in bits so that I know which is which pls?
Re: Two Questions On Igbo's & Ijaw by onyinye2(f): 8:18pm On Aug 04, 2008
DeepZone:

Ok, can you translate them in bits so that I know which is which please?
Umm oka the first part meant "My sister"(nwannem nwanyi), than the second part meant "thank you"(i meela)
Re: Two Questions On Igbo's & Ijaw by HCH3COO: 8:24pm On Aug 04, 2008
quit jiving with a she.
Re: Two Questions On Igbo's & Ijaw by MCUsman(m): 8:25pm On Aug 04, 2008
DeepZone:

we the southerners are collectively asking the northerners to leave us alone and let Nigeria for once be like North and south Korea.

Why not take former Yugoslavia sample: Serbia, Kosovo, Montenogro, Bosnia

Instaed of North & South: You see the parastic nature i am referring to. Why must the Yoruba align themself with the east? why not go alone?.

Why not North, Middlebelt, West, East & South South.
Re: Two Questions On Igbo's & Ijaw by LASIEFAIRE(m): 8:28pm On Aug 04, 2008
DeepZone:

Please, the yorubas feared nothing, they only wanted a peaceful secession only that they didn't know they were dining with red bororo goats. If the ibos were/are bugs, why not let them secede so we can prosper? It's like complaining about someone squatting in your house but you won't let him/her get his own house and pack out. Why fight them tooth and nail if your existence and life line does not depend on their hardwork? Moochers!!!In the same vein, we the southerners are collectively asking the northerners to leave us alone and let Nigeria for once be like North and south Korea.

Dangote? Did he create wealth or did the Northern dominated govt help him amass wealth? [size=18pt]To your tent Oh Nigeria!!!![/size]

A peaceful secession uhh. by involving themselves whole heartedly in the war. If not for the contribution of the westerners, there will be a Republic of Biafra today.
And stop using we southerners, because the easterners are not advocating the south they are advocating Biafra which never involved the western state. Obafemi Awolowo's suggestion of using Starvation as a weapon of war was probably the most devastating blow suffered by the biafrans.

Whether you accept it or not the fact remains that the westerners were as much as a hinderance to the secession of the East as were the Northerners.

Dangote is still one of the most legit business mogul out there.
Re: Two Questions On Igbo's & Ijaw by doyin13(m): 8:29pm On Aug 04, 2008
MC Usman:

Why not take former Yugoslavia sample: Serbia, Kosovo, Montenogro, Bosnia

Instaed of North & South: You see the parastic nature i am referring to. Why must the Yoruba align themself with the east? why not go alone?.

Why not North, Middlebelt, West, East & South South.

Yep. . . . . why not

All this talk of South and North is way off tangent.

Can't bare to listen to Igbos complain about Awo did this, Awo did that.

Let the East do whatever it wants.
Re: Two Questions On Igbo's & Ijaw by DeepZone: 8:33pm On Aug 04, 2008
Whether you accept it or not the fact remains that the westerners were as much as a hinderance to the secession of the East as were the Northerners.

Dangote is still one of the cleaness business men out there.

The southern situation now is beyond Biafra and ibos. Every section wants out from the union and only the north is still holding us sway. You are asking the Yoruba to leave? why not leave and leave the southerners to sort itself out. I'm cocksure the southerners will be able to sort themselves out peacefully because every tribe in the south has respect for human lives and not like Northerners that go on jihad for every little thing. No southerner wants to lose his/her precious life to a common almajiri who's battling with severe leprosy.

O pari!!!!
Re: Two Questions On Igbo's & Ijaw by DeepZone: 8:36pm On Aug 04, 2008
Let the East do whatever it wants.
Too late; Why not ask the northern Jihadists to tell them that during the Biafran war? I can't believe a right daughter of Oduduwa is here taking precedence from this northern leeches. They can only afford to suck more blood if the south is more divided.
Re: Two Questions On Igbo's & Ijaw by LASIEFAIRE(m): 8:42pm On Aug 04, 2008
DeepZone:

The southern situation now is beyond Biafra and ibos. Every section wants out from the union and only the north is still holding us sway. You are asking the Yoruba to leave? why not leave and leave the southerners to sort itself out. I'm cocksure the southerners will be able to sort themselves out peacefully because every tribe in the south has respect for human lives and not like Northerners that go on jihad for every little thing. No southerner wants to lose his/her precious life to a common almajiri who's battling with severe leprosy.

O pari!!!!

Ko pari oh. and am yoruba  farrrrrr from a northerner. But you keep associating the east and the west. There is no south (maybe south south zone) in Nigeria, it's North, East and West. If the West declares it's independence - which I highly doubt - the East will follow then the North will be caught at a cross road (they will still survive). The deal breaker was and still is the west.
Re: Two Questions On Igbo's & Ijaw by DeepZone: 8:55pm On Aug 04, 2008
Ko pari oh. and am yoruba farrrrrr from a northerner. But you keep associating the east and the west. There is no south (maybe south south zone) in Nigeria, it's North, East and West. If the West declares it's independence - which I highly doubt - the East will follow then the North will be caught at a cross road (they will still survive). The deal breaker was and still is the west.

Are you saying the west is happy the north is ruling over them and are contented with their sub par status in Nigeria? I disagree with you that the west is a deal breaker, explain how they can achieve that without bloodshed like the Biafra? Which Yoruba man will leave his mercedes Benz, nice mansion and education to fight a nomad at the expense of his good life? Can't you see the writing on the wall? The north has all the aces, they know too well that the ibo or yoruba will not tamper to fight them b/c they value their lives more than them else, how do you explain someone that went on barbaric killing because of a stupid cartoon in a Danish tabloid?

The crux of this issue is ideas and like thinking. The northerners reason like their brothers in Niger and Chad and lord Lugard would've done a great job if he amalgamated them. Southern Nigeria would've been better off amalgamated with Ghana. If you think the Yoruba will lead the secession battle, think again because it ain't gonna happen and the ibo will not try again because they've tried before. The truth is that i would've been happier now if Biafra succeded b/c the west would've had more guts to leave those Mfuckers.

Ask yourself, what the Niger Delta is asking for now, was it not what the ibo saw nearly 40 yrs ago? Do you think that if the Bifra was to start today, the west and south south will still support the hausas. Think again. Nigeria is in more trouble than you think. I still believe the Oduduwa republic shall rise one day with no BLOODBATH in Jesus name. May all our oil wells dry up, lets see if these moochers won't leave us alone.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How To Easily Learn Any Nigerian Language / Obobanyi Of Ohionwa (ihima) Kogi State Is World’s Oldest Monarch / Learn Benin Language Online

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.