Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,452 members, 7,839,946 topics. Date: Saturday, 25 May 2024 at 12:41 PM

Is It Necessary To Have My Dad's Signature On My Birth Certificate? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Is It Necessary To Have My Dad's Signature On My Birth Certificate? (849 Views)

See What My Dad Found In His Food / Is It Necessary To Call Your Co-workers Aunty/Bros? / Is It Necessary To Teach Babies To Sit? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It Necessary To Have My Dad's Signature On My Birth Certificate? by chikis(m): 6:57am On Dec 28, 2013
Cannot having the signature of the father on child's Birth Certificate deny the child some legal right as a citizen?

Though his name and my Mum's name are in the certificate. Every other details were rightly filled including my Mum's signature as demanded but the only thing missing is my Dad's signature.
The only reason why my Dad's signature is not on that certificate may be due to his absence during the time of my birth. What advice do you people have for me?
Re: Is It Necessary To Have My Dad's Signature On My Birth Certificate? by Kanwulia: 9:20pm On Dec 28, 2013
Your place of birth determines our right of abode!
Depends on where you were born.
In the US. . . MOST FATHERS ARE NOT PRESENT BEFORE, DURING AND AFTER THE BIRTHS OF THEIR CHILDREN.
They are still AMERICAN CITIZENS!

So, where were you born? kiss
Re: Is It Necessary To Have My Dad's Signature On My Birth Certificate? by chikis(m): 5:37am On Dec 29, 2013
Kanwulia: Your place of birth determines our right of abode!
Depends on where you were born.
In the US. . . MOST FATHERS ARE NOT PRESENT BEFORE, DURING AND AFTER THE BIRTHS OF THEIR CHILDREN.
They are still AMERICAN CITIZENS!

So, where were you born? kiss
Am a Nigerian and am born in Nigeria.
Re: Is It Necessary To Have My Dad's Signature On My Birth Certificate? by greatgod2012(f): 7:22am On Dec 29, 2013
NOT NECESSARY!

(1) (Reply)

Woman Gets Quadruplets After 14-year Wait / Husband Day Care Centre!!! / Marrying A Woman Doesn’t Make Her Your Property But… (a Must Read)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.