Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,195 members, 7,822,037 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 03:18 AM

How Best Can I Invest #50,000 As A Very Busy Student? - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / How Best Can I Invest #50,000 As A Very Busy Student? (1415 Views)

What Lucrative Business Can A Student Start With #50,000 / What Can I Invest #50,000 Into? / Please I Need Advice On How To Invest 50, 000 On A Business. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Best Can I Invest #50,000 As A Very Busy Student? by excell12go(m): 8:31am On Dec 28, 2013
Hi friends,

I have a token of #50,000 in my account with no aim of putting it to use anytime soon. Starting a petty business with it would have been the best but being a medical student in one of the most competitive universities around is a limiting factor.

Please, how best do u think I can invest this money? If business comes to mind, what kind of business could I venture into and won't affect my academics? Plz help
Re: How Best Can I Invest #50,000 As A Very Busy Student? by solaceTK(m): 9:23am On Dec 28, 2013
send me a PM on solace4god@gmail.com, 4 detail discussion, l will guide u d best way l can
Re: How Best Can I Invest #50,000 As A Very Busy Student? by excell12go(m): 9:50am On Dec 28, 2013
solaceTK: send me a PM on solace4god@gmail.com, 4 detail discussion, l will guide u d best way l can
Ok. Thanks
Re: How Best Can I Invest #50,000 As A Very Busy Student? by Angelstartups(f): 10:22am On Dec 28, 2013
@excel12go,there are a few good businesses you could do that won't disturb your studies.
But you must understand this,returns on investment come with risks on profit.
2 major classes of investment you can put your cash into:
1)Financial asset investment and
2)Non-financial asset invesment
Under financial,you have money market e.g-fixed deposit,treasury bills,bonds.These are short-term and almost risk-free,with returns of say 5-15% per annum.
There is also the capital market which is where companies stocks are traded.These are high-risk and meant for long-term purpose.You must understand the market or have someone that does-a financial adviser.

Then you have the non-financial where real commodities,products and services are traded. These can be for short-term or long-term based on your agreement with Partners.There is no guarantee of profits,however if you put your money with trusted partners who are willing to sign legal documents with you on your stake in their businesses and how much returns you will earn and when,then you are good to go as a dormant partner.You will only not take part in board decisions.If I may ask,which school are you?
You can look at businesses such as Photocopier,and find a good location to place it and a honest staff to put in charge (ofcourse you will have to pay for space).You can talk to the porters in your hostel and put a PS3 there (fairly used),you can set up a Chicken n Chips kiosk on campus.You can partner with a honest friend if #50,000 won't be enough and you both own the business.There are many others.
Re: How Best Can I Invest #50,000 As A Very Busy Student? by excell12go(m): 10:41am On Dec 28, 2013
Angelstartups: @excel12go,there are a few good businesses you could do that won't disturb your studies.
But you must understand this,returns on investment come with risks on profit.
2 major classes of investment you can put your cash into:
1)Financial asset investment and
2)Non-financial asset invesment
Under financial,you have money market e.g-fixed deposit,treasury bills,bonds.These are short-term and almost risk-free,with returns of say 5-15% per annum.
There is also the capital market which is where companies stocks are traded.These are high-risk and meant for long-term purpose.You must understand the market or have someone that does-a financial adviser.

Then you have the non-financial where real commodities,products and services are traded. These can be for short-term or long-term based on your agreement with Partners.There is no guarantee of profits,however if you put your money with trusted partners who are willing to sign legal documents with you on your stake in their businesses and how much returns you will earn and when,then you are good to go as a dormant partner.You will only not take part in board decisions.If I may ask,which school are you?
You can look at businesses such as Photocopier,and find a good location to place it and a honest staff to put in charge (ofcourse you will have to pay for space).You can talk to the porters in your hostel and put a PS3 there (fairly used),you can set up a Chicken n Chips kiosk on campus.You can partner with a honest friend if #50,000 won't be enough and you both own the business.There are many others.

Thanks boss. I school in Ile-Ife; OAU to be precise
Re: How Best Can I Invest #50,000 As A Very Busy Student? by Angelstartups(f): 11:04am On Dec 28, 2013
you are welcome.hope it was helpful.
Re: How Best Can I Invest #50,000 As A Very Busy Student? by excell12go(m): 1:00pm On Dec 28, 2013
Angelstartups: you are welcome.hope it was helpful.

Yes, it was. It opened my eyes.
Re: How Best Can I Invest #50,000 As A Very Busy Student? by Juliet94: 5:06pm On Dec 30, 2013
For bulk supply of chiffon blouses, neck pieces, flat shoes and heels, holla asap
Chiffon blouses: 20 @ N1200 each, 40 @ N1000 each, 60 @ N950 each, 100 @ N900 each
Neck pieces: 20 @ N800 each, 40 @ N750 each, 60 @ N700 each
Flat shoes: 20 @ N1400 each, 40 @ N1300 each, 100 @ N1200 each
Heels: 10 @ N4000 each, 20 @ N3800 each, 40 @ N3500 each....
For more info, add up 23736D71
Or whatsapp 08100195133

(1) (Reply)

Best Foam/mattress / Bright Up Your Home With These Beautiful 3-set Of Wall Frames For N15,000 / Micro-finance Loan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.