Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,601 members, 7,809,185 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:39 AM

The Biggest Mistake You Are Making Online Is Not Having A Business Blog - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / The Biggest Mistake You Are Making Online Is Not Having A Business Blog (496 Views)

Did I Make A Mistake Studying Law? / What Is The Greatest Mistake You Made In Choosing Your Career .... / The Biggest Mistake I See On Resumes - Google Head Of HR (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Biggest Mistake You Are Making Online Is Not Having A Business Blog by deolascope: 5:58pm On Dec 28, 2013
The biggest mistake you are making online is not having a business blog. I will tell you why.

I was having a conversation with someone and she argued that websites are not profitable, and that it’s just efizzy.

I was just weak, but when I think back at that discussion, I can’t blame her for arriving at that conclusion, because most online business owners are committing a cardinal sin. They are not connecting with their customers online.

Just think about the average customer who finds your website online. After she reads your about page and goes through your product and services page, she just closes the site and moves on. In her mind, she is a bit wary of online businesses because she has heard of various scams. All she feels about your business is, it is just another business with a website. Most likely, she will forget about the business as soon as she closes the page.

Now imagine you had a business blog. She would have spent some more time on your website reading your blog. She would have gotten to know more about your business and how you are different from your competition. She would have gotten the impression that you are an expert because you would be giving expert tips that she cannot get from anywhere else. More interestingly, she would have gotten to know more about the face behind the brand.

All of a sudden, the business would no longer just another business with a website. She will remember you and will keep visiting the website if you have an entertaining and educative blog.

Now we know that you don’t typically buy something the first time you see it. We have to think about it, get used to the idea, ask our friends, research online, etc before we actually buy something. So when people find your site on day one, a blog should keep them coming back to the site to see what else you have talked about or what free advice you have for them. The blog helps them in making up their minds, and when they eventually decide to buy, they will buy from you, even though there is competition, because they have connected with you.

Big companies spend a lot of money on marketing. They run TV ads, billboards, radio ads, BRT buses, etc. This is how they connect with customers and register their brand as top of mind with consumers. When you want to buy something, the first brand that comes to your mind immediately is your top of mind.

As a young business, you need to be top of mind for your customers to be profitable, but you don’t have the type of budget that big companies have. So you really need to be innovative when it comes to being top of mind, and blogging is one of the ways to become top of mind.

Get your inner genius to work; it’s time to start a blog. There are free blog hosting sites available, so you don’t even have any excuse.

Have you ever visited a business blog? What blog was it and what was your experience?

http://greenbiro.com/stephanie-obi-the-biggest-mistake-youre-making-online/

(1) (Reply)

Advance Your Career To A Greater Height With Training / Modelling And Skills / Driver Wanted For Immediate Hire!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.