Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,947 members, 7,956,567 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 02:11 PM

Key Stone Bank Fires Senior Management Staff - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Key Stone Bank Fires Senior Management Staff (15596 Views)

Ngozi Okonjo-iweala Joins Lazard As Senior Advisor / Yahoo Fires Its CEO For Lack Of Growth / Intercontinental Bank Sacks 26 Senior Management Staff (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Key Stone Bank Fires Senior Management Staff by Gifted4all(m): 12:55pm On Dec 29, 2013
Any job u are doing always have an alternative cos anytin can happen

Re: Key Stone Bank Fires Senior Management Staff by codemaster2much: 12:56pm On Dec 29, 2013
dahdah:

YOU'RE A GOAT

why you think. so
Re: Key Stone Bank Fires Senior Management Staff by Ninilowo(m): 1:04pm On Dec 29, 2013
simpleseyi: The nonentity called Sanusi Lagido Sanusi that started the whole sack mess in the banking industry has gotten his sack letter too and is proceeding on pre-sack leave. But, at Sanusi Lagido Sanusi's level, it is not called sack, rather they call it resignation or retirement or end-of-tenure - all na the same sack.
Walahi that guy came with the purpose of dealing with Erastus and Ibru. Nothing again. I said it that time with his initial gra gra that at the end of the day he would be foind wanting or something would "dent" his image. No be Nigeria?
Re: Key Stone Bank Fires Senior Management Staff by Mannylex(m): 1:05pm On Dec 29, 2013
codemaster2much: I feel like using the toilet but I don't want to use the toilet what am I

An idiat!

1 Like

Re: Key Stone Bank Fires Senior Management Staff by Mannylex(m): 1:11pm On Dec 29, 2013
Bank jobs are no longer secure... You must really have a backup when you have spent at least 3 years on the job.... Have a business... Atleast get a land! People need to wisen up.
Re: Key Stone Bank Fires Senior Management Staff by Jenkizo: 1:19pm On Dec 29, 2013
codemaster2much: I feel like using the toilet but I don't want to use the toilet what am I
you are an IDIOT!
Re: Key Stone Bank Fires Senior Management Staff by Jenkizo: 1:20pm On Dec 29, 2013
you are a Clown!
Re: Key Stone Bank Fires Senior Management Staff by Krucifax(m): 1:36pm On Dec 29, 2013
It's important for young people coming out of university and into the world of work for the first time to heed news like this. Do not for one second think that mass sacking is only a Banking or Nigerian phenomenon! It happens in all sectors public or private and it happens even on a larger scale in other countries(U.S & U.K).

Whenever an organisation needs to save money or erstwhile restructure for financial reasons, first thing on the chopping block is employees as staff salaries normally always constitute the largest expense.

The problem lies in the global economy.Tightening of funds and funding + An increase in population(skilled&mobile) + Technology = Mass Hardship

1 Like

Re: Key Stone Bank Fires Senior Management Staff by Tinyemeka(m): 1:39pm On Dec 29, 2013
Is the banking career this much hated and doomed to oblivion?
Re: Key Stone Bank Fires Senior Management Staff by kingthreat(m): 2:22pm On Dec 29, 2013
Keystone bank, sterling bank and Enterprise bank seem on waiting list for acquisition.
Re: Key Stone Bank Fires Senior Management Staff by Frankdamaxx(m): 2:48pm On Dec 29, 2013
I am tired of the work self. I dread going to work. This is definitely not what i want to do with my life.

1 Like

Re: Key Stone Bank Fires Senior Management Staff by sfx9ja(m): 3:18pm On Dec 29, 2013
Sacking more to join d labour market? Na wah oh. BTW I need a financier. Pls msg me.
Re: Key Stone Bank Fires Senior Management Staff by ugonna1054(m): 4:41pm On Dec 29, 2013
a Nairaland FREAK.
Re: Key Stone Bank Fires Senior Management Staff by Bimpe29: 4:51pm On Dec 29, 2013
Hmn! Private sectors' job lacks security. Bane of economic plights.
Re: Key Stone Bank Fires Senior Management Staff by Peterwins(m): 5:07pm On Dec 29, 2013
The opportunities in the Nigerian economy is so much, I often wonder if the heads of these banks and the regulators (CBN) are really smart despite their acclaimed awards.

The regulators (here in Nigeria) are deflating instead of inflating the Nigerian economy while the US is busy inflating their economy through quantitative easing.

The banks lack ideas. Paypal, Amazon, ebay and other big brands / companies overseas that are yet to establish their presence here in Nigeria should be part of the main marketing focus of these banks instead of giving their employees unrealistic targets. Imagine a Nigerian bank partnering with paypal for example.

It is very easy for the banks to sack their workers and then hire a foreign musician/artist for over N200 million for a single performance. This thread comes to mind : https://www.nairaland.com/1570752/close-account-access-bank-activist

In summary: "........ we appeal to good spirited Nigerians to pull out their savings because of the inhumane action of sacking 200 staff and at the same time coughing out N200 million to hire foreign musician recently,” HURIWA’s National Coordinator, Emmanuel Onwubiko, said.
Re: Key Stone Bank Fires Senior Management Staff by Omooba77: 6:30pm On Dec 29, 2013
Effect of bad economy policy.Still wondering how WEMA & UNITY still existing
Re: Key Stone Bank Fires Senior Management Staff by Nobody: 7:34pm On Dec 29, 2013
Peterwins:
The banks lack ideas. Paypal, Amazon, ebay and other big brands / companies overseas that are yet to establish their presence here in Nigeria should be part of the main marketing focus of these banks instead of giving their employees unrealistic targets. Imagine a Nigerian bank partnering with paypal for example.
well said, buddy.
Re: Key Stone Bank Fires Senior Management Staff by dfav: 8:39pm On Dec 29, 2013
The problem with many bank workers and employees is that doing part time business its like a taboo.

If u can't do anything just buy a good bus at the rate of 600k. When you are going to work in the morning get to a nearby bus stop and load ur bus. Simple just do same wen returning back from work. .

And u re financially ok
Re: Key Stone Bank Fires Senior Management Staff by Omooba77: 8:51pm On Dec 29, 2013
Peterwins: The opportunities in the Nigerian economy is so much, I often wonder if the heads of these banks and the regulators (CBN) are really smart despite their acclaimed awards.

The regulators (here in Nigeria) are deflating instead of inflating the Nigerian economy while the US is busy inflating their economy through quantitative easing.

It is very easy for the banks to sack their workers and then hire a foreign musician/artist for over N200 million for a single performance. This thread comes to mind : https://www.nairaland.com/1570752/close-account-access-bank-activist

In summary: "........ we appeal to good spirited Nigerians to pull out their savings because of the inhumane action of sacking 200 staff and at the same time coughing out N200 million to hire foreign musician recently,” HURIWA’s National Coordinator, Emmanuel Onwubiko, said.

you are right;so many wrong policies...........
Re: Key Stone Bank Fires Senior Management Staff by 234GT(m): 9:25pm On Dec 29, 2013
If they were in senior management, they should have been paid off handsomely. I guess we are talking of AGMs, DGMs and general managers here. The only bad side is when officers are laid off.
But seriously, most bankers now live prudently. I am a banker, so I know what I am saying. If bankers live like paupers, it is still the same people accusing them of being flash that will abuse them and make jest of them.
All man for himself.
Re: Key Stone Bank Fires Senior Management Staff by Nobody: 9:54pm On Dec 29, 2013
you are a big fool
Re: Key Stone Bank Fires Senior Management Staff by Omooba77: 10:40pm On Dec 29, 2013
dfav: The problem with many bank workers and employees is that doing part time business its like a taboo.

If u can't do anything just buy a good bus at the rate of 600k. When you are going to work in the morning get to a nearby bus stop and load ur bus. Simple just do same wen returning back from work. .

And u re financially ok
Una no fear LASTMA
Re: Key Stone Bank Fires Senior Management Staff by oladoya(m): 11:02pm On Dec 29, 2013
yeah this story is perfectly true. I work with Fountain Guards Limited and we are the one rendering security services to them. They started by removing one guard from the normal five stipulated guards for the efficient running of the job. As at now it is obvious that they are in real mess.
Re: Key Stone Bank Fires Senior Management Staff by kennethisland: 8:02am On Dec 30, 2013
SANUSIZING THE BANKING INDUSTRY IS A SIN THAT WILL NEVER BE FORGIVEN
Re: Key Stone Bank Fires Senior Management Staff by ocelot2006(m): 9:18am On Dec 31, 2013

A bag of sh#t.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Get FREE 1000 Nigerian Email Addresses To Advertise Your Business / Phamacy Or Chemist Shop Business / Stop Using Easy Passwords For Your ATM Cards, Mobile banki. A Nairalander Warns.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.