Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,074 members, 7,818,211 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:25 AM

Imagine Living Your Current Lifestyle Without A Salary - Investment (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Imagine Living Your Current Lifestyle Without A Salary (18676 Views)

Are You A Salary Earner?? Need Quick Loans Without Collateral Or Guarantor?? / Make Money With Your Current Car In Lagos And Abuja / Which Is The Current Best HYIP To Invest In? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Imagine Living Your Current Lifestyle Without A Salary by cold(m): 12:08am On Dec 30, 2013
tpia@:
any income be it salary or business fueled, is subject to whatever factors apply at any given point in time.

as such, NOBODY is exempt from what the op is describing.

armed robbers and yahoo yahoo/419ers also go broke, my point is money is not an endless supply even if you print it yourself.

even teachers and civil servants have unpaid salaries going on three to six months or more, companies go broke, business doesnt always move, so lets try to post with sense every now and then, this level of illiteracy and ignorance is starting to seem normal with nigerians, didnt use to be so.

grin Tpia,the gift that keeps on giving

2 Likes

Re: Imagine Living Your Current Lifestyle Without A Salary by Horo(m): 12:10am On Dec 30, 2013
Nice write up is like the op is just referring to me directly my company is currently downsizing some of my friends,colleagues had gone we don't know who is next,and believe u me most of us have no plan for tomorrow because we can't even save from the meagre salary we have/are collecting,don't even know what to do or say again but is really bad,where do u even start paying rent,children school fees,hospital bills may God help us Ameen
Re: Imagine Living Your Current Lifestyle Without A Salary by Revolva(m): 12:15am On Dec 30, 2013
grin grin grin there is nothing new under the sun..una hear am now from the horses mouf...

1 Like

Re: Imagine Living Your Current Lifestyle Without A Salary by Benissues(m): 12:27am On Dec 30, 2013
Dis is d most brilliant!...matured!!...eye-opening!!!...n educative!!!!...write up ve read on NL of late!!...2 dose saying FTC...its 2 long!....I won't blame U!....guess!...u re stil in sch!....wen U start wrking U wil appriciate dis piece!...tanks@OP!...peace out!

1 Like

Re: Imagine Living Your Current Lifestyle Without A Salary by BishopMagic: 12:38am On Dec 30, 2013
I am looking forward to the day I don't have a salary.

Because by then I will be paying salaries. wink
Re: Imagine Living Your Current Lifestyle Without A Salary by Nobody: 12:43am On Dec 30, 2013
It wud Hv been hell on health.....
Shey na charity organization I wanna for begin work
Re: Imagine Living Your Current Lifestyle Without A Salary by drdams: 12:48am On Dec 30, 2013
I noticed that females (than males) most times, take the intiative of setting up a business whilst still being entitled to earned incomes. I have seen families whose parents are salary earners and the females are mostly business oriented than males.
Its quite unfortunate that majority of Men move with the tide , thinking all will always be well.
They spend flamboyantly and thus, many become so pathetic the moment they loose their Job. Egotism would make them lavish in penury for many years of searching for jobs that pays in relation to the former.

For some 'starters' and 'money miss road' , Flying to Banana Island, Gwarinpa, etc to buy a duplex worth Millions of Naira where you can easily go to decent but not too popular location to build (houses infact) and with cash remaining for other cores .

There are myriads of problems as regards investment and I would say, our fathers are wiser than us (youths/young adult) in this aspect.

1 Like

Re: Imagine Living Your Current Lifestyle Without A Salary by ikkings(m): 1:42am On Dec 30, 2013
beautiful write up, its really got me thinking, cause of recent I ve been spending without thinking, or considering my expenses.
Re: Imagine Living Your Current Lifestyle Without A Salary by Nobody: 2:22am On Dec 30, 2013
Imagine my current life style with a Salary. I have survived the worst. Waiting for the best.
Re: Imagine Living Your Current Lifestyle Without A Salary by ifeanyi83(m): 2:34am On Dec 30, 2013
Thought-provoking...i hope my folks working in oil and gas establishments will read this...
Re: Imagine Living Your Current Lifestyle Without A Salary by laughterclub(m): 2:51am On Dec 30, 2013
TOMOROW WIL TAKE CARE OF IT'S SELF.MAN PLANS GOD DIRECTS HOW HE WANT IT.SO MANY PLANNED FINALY FAILD....MEN NEEDS LIFE SUPPORT!
Re: Imagine Living Your Current Lifestyle Without A Salary by Nobody: 3:13am On Dec 30, 2013
who cares?:
I've stopped worrying about tomorrow, tomorrow would take care of itself.
EHEN WHO CARES?
Re: Imagine Living Your Current Lifestyle Without A Salary by TeeHaa: 3:15am On Dec 30, 2013
And while you are planning for tomorrow, do not forget to "live" today.

Source of screen munch:https://www.nairaland.com/shinechinedu

3 Likes

Re: Imagine Living Your Current Lifestyle Without A Salary by joy2(m): 3:44am On Dec 30, 2013
Start to invest in company that guarantee good and reliable return on investment visit www.welmartinvest.com to grow your money
Re: Imagine Living Your Current Lifestyle Without A Salary by agabaI23(m): 5:07am On Dec 30, 2013
Adesiji77: @OP...Thanks for sharing this. However, I suggest that you acknowledge the original writer/source so that you won't be accused of plagiarism. I am quite sure that the article had appeared earlier in one of the major dailies.
What if he is the original author in the daily? What stops him from being the original author? You don't expect brainy guys to be posting with you on NL?

1 Like

Re: Imagine Living Your Current Lifestyle Without A Salary by oskaaay(m): 5:45am On Dec 30, 2013
Many people don't know that there is no guarantee on anything called job security today. The earlier you plan and take action for tomorrow the safer your future is.
Well INVESTMENT in viable business may be an alternative with less expenditure. Wishing to invest in a business, recommending one of our numerous business to you. It is on how to become a visa/travel/hotel booking agent in Nigeria with less than #20k in affiliation to a company known as the 5th fastest growing company in Nigeria. Check it out only if interested for the free report at http://www. openinformations. com.ng/2013/12/how-to-become-visa-processingtravel.html (070 6605 2228)
Re: Imagine Living Your Current Lifestyle Without A Salary by Sgtkoselupa: 5:57am On Dec 30, 2013
tHIS IS A CASE STUDY IN LAGOS BUSINESS SCHOOL UNDER THE ETHICS MODULE.
Re: Imagine Living Your Current Lifestyle Without A Salary by captcharles(m): 6:05am On Dec 30, 2013
Öp nice piece...
Re: Imagine Living Your Current Lifestyle Without A Salary by lymelyte(m): 6:48am On Dec 30, 2013
Money can’t talk, yet it can make lies look true. You become wise when you begin to run out of money.
Re: Imagine Living Your Current Lifestyle Without A Salary by sayso: 6:53am On Dec 30, 2013
Thanks brother man. Can the illusion of Blackberry/Samsung allow peps to adhere to these wonderfukl instruction?
Re: Imagine Living Your Current Lifestyle Without A Salary by akanbiaa(m): 6:56am On Dec 30, 2013
OP like in Chikes case what did you think he should have done right? Financial independence you said but we need more advice on how give examples and mind you the kind of work chike does is not the type that gives him much room for overseeing an investment or business, and about his wife what kind of job or business do you think she would have done differently to make things much easier in the period of crisis? or is your point majorly on cutting cost of living with in their expensive life style to ensure more savings? please more explanation needed.
Re: Imagine Living Your Current Lifestyle Without A Salary by Paentera(m): 6:58am On Dec 30, 2013
tpia@:
any income be it salary or business fueled, is subject to whatever factors apply at any given point in time.

as such, NOBODY is exempt from what the op is describing.

armed robbers and yahoo yahoo/419ers also go broke, my point is money is not an endless supply even if you print it yourself.

even teachers and civil servants have unpaid salaries going on three to six months or more, companies go broke, business doesnt always move, so lets try to post with sense every now and then, this level of illiteracy and ignorance is starting to seem normal with nigerians, didnt use to be so.

While your post does highlight a few things missing what the OP posted, I will say that it applies to both salary earners from business and jobs. The only difference is that a business owner or one-man business is actively aware of this issue of planning and saving as well as consistently looks out for opportunities to make extra income and has the means to quickly deploy the resources and time to do so compared to a salary earner's ability to change jobs in times of financial distress.
Re: Imagine Living Your Current Lifestyle Without A Salary by remsonik(f): 6:59am On Dec 30, 2013
pyrated: If you cannot maintain your current standard of living without your salary, it may be time to consider cutting back the waste and invest in securing your family’s financial future.

Rightly said op!!! A million likes

1 Like

Re: Imagine Living Your Current Lifestyle Without A Salary by Nosyke(m): 7:07am On Dec 30, 2013
Absolutely fantastic
Re: Imagine Living Your Current Lifestyle Without A Salary by kayjegs: 7:08am On Dec 30, 2013
While working in a firm or with the govt, its good to invest in something. Start a business no matter how small to complement your income. Successful businessmen don't have two heads but one. You can build a successful business through persistent. With your job in your hand, you have the chance to experiment with business ideas, you learn over time and establish a good business. If what happened in this story by OP eventually happens, then you are safe. Some may say God forbid or something but who knows, so prepare get business ideas through this thread or get my book for fast acquisition of business ideas:

https://www.nairaland.com/1163912/funds-not-business-actually-need

Have a wonderful day....
Re: Imagine Living Your Current Lifestyle Without A Salary by Nobody: 7:17am On Dec 30, 2013
What are you recommending?
Re: Imagine Living Your Current Lifestyle Without A Salary by artade: 7:25am On Dec 30, 2013
who cares?:

Yes, tomorrow will only take care of itself if you take care of it today!
Re: Imagine Living Your Current Lifestyle Without A Salary by agrovick(m): 7:25am On Dec 30, 2013
This is an eye opener
Re: Imagine Living Your Current Lifestyle Without A Salary by Sike(m): 7:30am On Dec 30, 2013
Nice one OP but, too lazy to read.
Re: Imagine Living Your Current Lifestyle Without A Salary by Ninilowo(m): 7:51am On Dec 30, 2013
who cares?:
So says The Lord of Host.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Has MBA Forex Finally Crashed? / Easy 2018 Newbie Guide To Make $1 Usd Every 5 Seconds Trading Options 100% WINS / Online Investment In Nigeria- 5% Every 30 Days.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.