Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,768 members, 7,817,119 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:24 AM

Unknown 'Drone' Crashes In Ibadan (Pictures) - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Unknown 'Drone' Crashes In Ibadan (Pictures) (47065 Views)

US Drone Crashes In Iraq Desert, Locals Pose For Selfies (PHOTOS, / PDP Rally In Ibadan (pictures) / Unknown Drone Crashes In Ibadan (Picture) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Unknown 'Drone' Crashes In Ibadan (Pictures) by egift(m): 8:39am On Dec 29, 2013

3 Likes

Re: Unknown 'Drone' Crashes In Ibadan (Pictures) by Freeanijoo(m): 8:47am On Dec 29, 2013
I beg mak una wait ma go call musiwa.
Re: Unknown 'Drone' Crashes In Ibadan (Pictures) by Nobody: 8:53am On Dec 29, 2013

Considering the registration number, TX 5803, inscribed on a black battery under the craft, a source said the space craft must have taken off from NASA base in Texas in the US

See ignorance. Lol.
Ibadan people are just hilarious.

I cannot believe in their right minds they said that thing took off from nasa base in Texas. LMAO.

The journalist and the rest sources needs to be investigated. They must be lunatics...us drone. Lol.

It should be moved to the jokes section.

3 Likes

Re: Unknown 'Drone' Crashes In Ibadan (Pictures) by zeelo2014: 9:22am On Dec 29, 2013
Reason why I don't take Tribune serious. look at what a so-called media house is reporting.
Re: Unknown 'Drone' Crashes In Ibadan (Pictures) by chupcake(m): 9:37am On Dec 29, 2013
Loool... Oversabi dey worry us for here oo.. This isn't a drone... Probably a Toy Drone, Not a military drone. The technology is way more advanced than this.

Anything to sha sell papers shaaaa.... Awon Olodo
Re: Unknown 'Drone' Crashes In Ibadan (Pictures) by Nobody: 9:53am On Dec 29, 2013
imaging what our media is reporting. That's not a drone but rather a 21 century kiddies toy. Go to some affluent areas you will kids having a swell time wit it.
Re: Unknown 'Drone' Crashes In Ibadan (Pictures) by IAMBREEZY: 9:59am On Dec 29, 2013
This is a toy now.

1 Like

Re: Unknown 'Drone' Crashes In Ibadan (Pictures) by ronalmagic10(m): 10:46am On Dec 29, 2013
Jakumo: If I were in the shoes of the person who launched that craft, I would have inscribed my phone number on the airframe, along with an offer of a reward of just five thousand naira to whosoever retrieved the bird. That tiny reward would have GUARANTEED that the craft would be returned to its rightful owner, no questions asked.

Will the #5000 take care of the damage of their house? What if things went south and someone got injured or died? lolz... dem go track u down with ur number or isn't it registered?
Re: Unknown 'Drone' Crashes In Ibadan (Pictures) by Jakumo(m): 10:50am On Dec 29, 2013
My phone is registered under the name of D.B. Cooper, residing at number 419 Akoba Street, Ajegunle-By-th'Sea, Lagos.
Re: Unknown 'Drone' Crashes In Ibadan (Pictures) by bumdish: 11:23am On Dec 29, 2013
BUSTED: This device is neither a baby toy nor a military drone. You can get it in Guangzho not Texas

10 Likes

Re: Unknown 'Drone' Crashes In Ibadan (Pictures) by dashintrends: 11:36am On Dec 29, 2013
grin cheesy embarassed DRONE!!
SERIOUSLY?! wink
@OP you have made my day...
Ibadan, Drone crash landed!!
I no fit shout...

1 Like

Re: Unknown 'Drone' Crashes In Ibadan (Pictures) by OmoTier1(m): 11:36am On Dec 29, 2013
Jakumo: If the quad-copter shown in the picture above IS the object that crashed through the roof in Ibadan Nigeria, then it was most certainly NOT launched from Texas, but from somewhere less than ONE mile from the crash site.

That is NOT a military "drone" but a hobbyist quad-copter with very limited range, that is available to anyone with $350 to spend, from numerous internet websites. Somewhere in Ibadan there is a hobbyist who has lost his aerial photography toy, and that is all there is to this story.

US drones that are designated for long-range operations are ALL fixed-wing airplanes, and NOT helicopter derivatives like the Walkera Model QRX350 shown in the above picture, which, by the way, looks suspiciously un-damaged, in the aftermath of a purported crash.

It is really worrying the kind of people who parade themselves as journalist in Nigeria! Texas to Nigeria is over 6,000NM range, with a TANTL cross over which a beauty of a bird like A320 can bare struggle to leg over non-stop yet some one in their wisdom concluded that the toy must have flown from Texas

USA never launch drones over long range, rather they would launch them from a base very close to their intended target so the drone will have an endurance good enough to cover the mission with possible decoy.

I think it safe to conclude that this radio control toy was a Christmas present being flown by one of the politicians children before it crashed.

When I say TRIBUNE is a useless newspaper, people would open their mouth and spew rubbish. It is only how to publish propaganda on behalf of PDP that they have expertise in. Very stupid media house indeed.

4 Likes

Re: Unknown 'Drone' Crashes In Ibadan (Pictures) by Pain(m): 11:40am On Dec 29, 2013
Chei!! So this is where my baby nephews Christmas toy landed. Anyway, we will order a new one from China.
Re: Unknown 'Drone' Crashes In Ibadan (Pictures) by musiwa112: 11:42am On Dec 29, 2013
Re: Unknown 'Drone' Crashes In Ibadan (Pictures) by dashintrends: 11:43am On Dec 29, 2013
And our Lazy journalists that dont investigate any thing are on air shouting Drone, strange object, and What! angry
GSM jounalism in professionalism!
Am so embarrassed!
Abi the OP posted a caricature version of the real thing?
Re: Unknown 'Drone' Crashes In Ibadan (Pictures) by slap1(m): 11:46am On Dec 29, 2013
Since all SUVs in Nigeria are jeeps and all noodles are Indomie, then every little thing that flies without a pilot is a drone.

4 Likes

Re: Unknown 'Drone' Crashes In Ibadan (Pictures) by Otunbab: 11:48am On Dec 29, 2013
This one is a toy. Who called this a drone? Abi you wan tell me say dis tin fit fly from lagos to Abuja ? D tin wey Japanese high school student dey take do project na dat one op dey call drone. Abeg no b everything wey dey fly b drone.
Re: Unknown 'Drone' Crashes In Ibadan (Pictures) by Jakumo(m): 11:49am On Dec 29, 2013
Musiwa you don miss road again o. Na radio-control toys we dey discuss, and no be White Puszy or satellite map. Come back tomorow.
Re: Unknown 'Drone' Crashes In Ibadan (Pictures) by Jarus(m): 11:49am On Dec 29, 2013
Penkelemesi
Re: Unknown 'Drone' Crashes In Ibadan (Pictures) by Nobody: 11:51am On Dec 29, 2013
bumdish: BUSTED: This device is neither a baby toy nor a military drone. You can get it in Guangzho not Texas

I saw it at a Samsung shop (shoprite) here in Enugu yesterday and it goes for N74,000. If you watch national geographic then that stuff won't be new to you

2 Likes

Re: Unknown 'Drone' Crashes In Ibadan (Pictures) by aAK1(m): 11:52am On Dec 29, 2013
Somebody was spying on the anty in the toilet angry
Re: Unknown 'Drone' Crashes In Ibadan (Pictures) by ibkonekt(m): 11:52am On Dec 29, 2013
Spy Sh.............it
Re: Unknown 'Drone' Crashes In Ibadan (Pictures) by Jakumo(m): 11:54am On Dec 29, 2013
I can authoritatively confirm that this bird is IDEAL for filming women sun-bathing on clothing-optional beaches.
Re: Unknown 'Drone' Crashes In Ibadan (Pictures) by AbuMikey(m): 11:55am On Dec 29, 2013
musiwa112:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WNrI9iex-Go

Sheik El Musiwa Aare Ona Kankafo Bin Satellite, is here gringrin

Re: Unknown 'Drone' Crashes In Ibadan (Pictures) by Graham123: 12:05pm On Dec 29, 2013
The give away in this lazy story is that the journalist, either intentionally or otherwise, failed to examine and report if the alleged NASA drone has any surveillance specs. I'm not an expert in this field and I won't pretend to be but a lay man with a college degree should know that a drone flown for spying should at least have some sort of camera, laser, sensors and any form of relay system with spying features.
Besides, a NASA drone should look something more James Bondish. Lol. Okay, maybe not, but not like a 'baby's Day Out' thing.
Re: Unknown 'Drone' Crashes In Ibadan (Pictures) by Nobody: 12:11pm On Dec 29, 2013
Jakumo:

I am but a lowly muff-diver, Ishilove, with a mad obsession for all things that fly.

lol. Favourite pastime, perhaps? grin

And BTW, take that back! angry muff diving ain't lowly... angry tongue
Re: Unknown 'Drone' Crashes In Ibadan (Pictures) by ceejayluv(m): 12:16pm On Dec 29, 2013
NASA my a$s!!
Re: Unknown 'Drone' Crashes In Ibadan (Pictures) by okeke2: 12:23pm On Dec 29, 2013
mtchewww something people can make for fun on youtube
There is no way it could fly all the way from texas
AND of all the countries its nigeria they want to spy on
Lets not whine ourselves
Re: Unknown 'Drone' Crashes In Ibadan (Pictures) by Smily202(m): 12:26pm On Dec 29, 2013
Nice comment man......
Jakumo: If the quad-copter shown in the picture above IS the object that crashed through the roof in Ibadan Nigeria, then it was most certainly NOT launched from Texas, but from somewhere less than ONE mile from the crash site.

That is NOT a military "drone" but a hobbyist quad-copter with very limited range, that is available to anyone with $350 to spend, from numerous internet websites. Somewhere in Ibadan there is a hobbyist who has lost his aerial photography toy, and that is all there is to this story.6

US drones that are designated for long-range operations are ALL fixed-wing airplanes, and NOT helicopter derivatives like the Walkera Model QRX350 shown in the above picture, which, by the way, looks suspiciously un-damaged, in the aftermath of a purported crash.
Nice
Re: Unknown 'Drone' Crashes In Ibadan (Pictures) by ePUNK: 12:27pm On Dec 29, 2013
Guys.
What you have on display is an emerging civilian drone technology market...which has a large variety of uses.

I'm a sole representative for some made-in-Germany drone for media coverage, pipeline monitoring, aerial photography, security surveillance and day-to-day flying hobby.

Also remember that flying such toys will require government licencing and registration.

Mail anaele_chibuzo@yahoo.com for enquires and presentations.
Re: Unknown 'Drone' Crashes In Ibadan (Pictures) by gboyex(m): 12:28pm On Dec 29, 2013
This looks like that science project that has camera mounted on it from 3idiots indian film.
Re: Unknown 'Drone' Crashes In Ibadan (Pictures) by adefemi007(m): 12:30pm On Dec 29, 2013
Jakumo:

I am but a lowly muff-diver, Ishilove, with a mad obsession for all things that fly.
grin
Jakumo:

witchcraft inclusive

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Ikpeazu Kicks Off Repair Works At Road Damaged By Landslide In Aba (Photos) / Ortom Vs Buhari: Adopt Ruga If You Want Peace In Benue - Garba Shehu To Governor / Reno Omokri Reacts To Allegations Of Igbos Being Left Behind In Sudan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.