Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,689 members, 7,816,805 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:36 PM

Unknown 'Drone' Crashes In Ibadan (Pictures) - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Unknown 'Drone' Crashes In Ibadan (Pictures) (47061 Views)

US Drone Crashes In Iraq Desert, Locals Pose For Selfies (PHOTOS, / PDP Rally In Ibadan (pictures) / Unknown Drone Crashes In Ibadan (Picture) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Unknown 'Drone' Crashes In Ibadan (Pictures) by Jayses(m): 12:33pm On Dec 29, 2013
It's is not a millitery drone , Ebony live tv used it to cover the calabar carnival @ no panic
Re: Unknown 'Drone' Crashes In Ibadan (Pictures) by MeAboki(m): 12:34pm On Dec 29, 2013
homerac7: chai! a kid has lost his Christmas toy. sad

na who tell this oversabi reporter say US military drones dey fly all way from Texas to Ibadan ? :-/

Spot on
Re: Unknown 'Drone' Crashes In Ibadan (Pictures) by adefemi007(m): 12:37pm On Dec 29, 2013
this is wat joy lobo(not sure of d spelling) was trying to build in the film 3 idiots before committing suicide.

1 Like

Re: Unknown 'Drone' Crashes In Ibadan (Pictures) by emmalexabl(m): 12:37pm On Dec 29, 2013
lastmanstandn:

Your great grand fathers are TERRORISTS.

Omo ale jati jati. Omo eru, aj'okuta ma mu'omi

Lmao...this terrorist is shiting in pants already.
grin
Are your kinds not breeding terrorist both in uk and states?
Dont you worry...southwest Nigeria is on the watchlist.
Soonest..you will be the last man standing in that evil region.

Ekwensu kpokwa gi na nna nna gi oku..grin grin
grin

3 Likes

Re: Unknown 'Drone' Crashes In Ibadan (Pictures) by ogaju007(m): 12:38pm On Dec 29, 2013
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin hahahahahahahaa i no fit laugh abeg hahahahaha ignorance hahahaha abeg return the toy to the owner abeg.
Re: Unknown 'Drone' Crashes In Ibadan (Pictures) by ceejay80s(m): 12:39pm On Dec 29, 2013
I only need the battery from the drone as inverter battery for my lcd
Re: Unknown 'Drone' Crashes In Ibadan (Pictures) by Nobody: 12:54pm On Dec 29, 2013
who must be responsible for dis, who dey spay on our beloved country, wat do dey want, d drone must av taken off from a nearby station
Re: Unknown 'Drone' Crashes In Ibadan (Pictures) by Leyqute(m): 12:57pm On Dec 29, 2013
Deez oyimbo peepull dey look for awa troubu o
Re: Unknown 'Drone' Crashes In Ibadan (Pictures) by gratiaeo(m): 12:58pm On Dec 29, 2013
Is that Ashipa of Awotan, Chief Tajudeen Adetoro house? Yoruba are sophisticated!

1 Like

Re: Unknown 'Drone' Crashes In Ibadan (Pictures) by alingo4life: 12:58pm On Dec 29, 2013
Folks,The Nigerian Tribune is nothing but a useless newspaper.I live in Apete in Ibadan,The area where Awotan,the place where this "drone? landed.And by tuesday,am moving to Awotan as i just got a new apartment there.A friend lives beside the house that it happened.The calling of this thing drone is the figament of Tribune's Imagination..Residents obviously knew this is a sort of Toy..Not a drone..Shey them don see drone for their lives?If they see am,them go run commot for Awotan..

Tribune my ass..Punch All the WAY

1 Like

Re: Unknown 'Drone' Crashes In Ibadan (Pictures) by Philipmems(m): 1:01pm On Dec 29, 2013
Nice post its obvious you are aware of your tech surroundings but please note that this devices can be controlled remotely using VPN like software that can be monitored over the internet using GSM internet network/GPS. Just like your modern day tracking device for vehicle that can be put off/on from any location, the vehicle will also give you a live feed of the gear its on, current speed, camera view exact location with error of 5meters, what I am saying is that this should not be taken lightly I can assure you someone has lost his toy because it doesn't have that high tech look and configurations of a spy drone but never underestimate that power of the unknown.
Jakumo: If the quad-copter shown in the picture above IS the object that crashed through the roof in Ibadan Nigeria, then it was most certainly NOT launched from Texas, but from somewhere less than ONE mile from the crash site.

That is NOT a military "drone" but a hobbyist quad-copter with very limited range, that is available to anyone with $350 to spend, from numerous internet websites. Somewhere in Ibadan there is a hobbyist who has lost his aerial photography toy, and that is all there is to this story.

US drones that are designated for long-range operations are ALL fixed-wing airplanes, and NOT helicopter derivatives like the Walkera Model QRX350 shown in the above picture, which, by the way, looks suspiciously un-damaged, in the aftermath of a purported crash.

2 Likes

Re: Unknown 'Drone' Crashes In Ibadan (Pictures) by practicalclass: 1:03pm On Dec 29, 2013
see the so called drone and the pattern of the crack in the roof. It doesn't match. sorry for the small boy whose Christmas toy is being used for undue news.
Re: Unknown 'Drone' Crashes In Ibadan (Pictures) by eaglechild: 1:03pm On Dec 29, 2013
Ibadan no dey disappoint for primitivity.

Look how they are calling an aerial camera, drone and everyone is going crazy.

And look how crappy that house is.

2 Likes

Re: Unknown 'Drone' Crashes In Ibadan (Pictures) by johnwell(m): 1:03pm On Dec 29, 2013
Please you should stop disgracing us, this is not a drone, it's a remote controlled toy.
Re: Unknown 'Drone' Crashes In Ibadan (Pictures) by Nobody: 1:03pm On Dec 29, 2013
No drone can fly such distance, it must av taken off from a nearby drone station
who must be responsible for dis, who dey spay on our beloved country, wat do dey want.
thanks God nigerian too don get drone.
Re: Unknown 'Drone' Crashes In Ibadan (Pictures) by Jakumo(m): 1:04pm On Dec 29, 2013
Philipmems: Nice post its obvious you are aware of your tech surroundings but please note that this devices can be controlled remotely using VPN like software that can be monitored over the internet using GSM internet network/GPS. Just like your modern day tracking device for vehicle that can be put off/on from any location, the vehicle will also give you a live feed of the gear its on, current speed, camera view exact location with error of 5meters, what I am saw is that this should not be taken lightly I can assure you someone has lost his toy doesn't have that high tech look of a spy drone but never underestimate that power of the unknown.

Oga Philip your grammar dey too much. The Lipo batter in that bird can only keep it in the air for less than TEN minutes, so it did NOT come from Texas or Las Vegas, but from inside Ibadan, no more than 200 meters from the crash site.

1 Like

Re: Unknown 'Drone' Crashes In Ibadan (Pictures) by gratiaeo(m): 1:04pm On Dec 29, 2013
emmalexabl:

Lmao...this terrorist is shiting in pants already.
grin
Are your kinds not breeding terrorist both in uk and states?
Dont you worry...southwest Nigeria is on the watchlist.
Soonest..you will be the last man standing in that evil region.

Ekwensu kpokwa gi na nna nna gi oku..grin grin
grin
Re: Unknown 'Drone' Crashes In Ibadan (Pictures) by luq4u(m): 1:06pm On Dec 29, 2013
lastmanstandn:

Your great grand fathers are TERRORISTS.

Omo ale jati jati. Omo eru, aj'okuta ma mu'omi
una dey fight
Re: Unknown 'Drone' Crashes In Ibadan (Pictures) by Lordseyad(m): 1:09pm On Dec 29, 2013
adefemi007: this is wat joy lobo(not sure of d spelling) was trying to build in the film 3 idiots before committing suicide.
YEAH!! JOY LOBO who died of pressure 4rm their prof. for nt completing vat project... na RANCHO CHANCHAD complete am..
Re: Unknown 'Drone' Crashes In Ibadan (Pictures) by bookface: 1:10pm On Dec 29, 2013
LoL!

A drone flew on battery from Texas to Nigeria! ..and people believed that?! and someone employed someone to write a "newspaper" article on that?!

Little wonder many in the west judge Africans to have a low IQ on average!

The author came to the conclusion that "this" must have been one of US espinoage activities simply by the markings on the battery which started with "TX" ....how silly!
Re: Unknown 'Drone' Crashes In Ibadan (Pictures) by gratiaeo(m): 1:11pm On Dec 29, 2013
eaglechild: Ibadan no dey disappoint for primitivity.

Don't insult Ashipa of Awotan,
Chief Tajudeen Adetoro house. That house is sophisticated incase you don't know
Re: Unknown 'Drone' Crashes In Ibadan (Pictures) by Nobody: 1:11pm On Dec 29, 2013
http://www.ebay.com/bhp/quadcopter-gopro

I am bidding for one on ebay, then i will send it to aso rock. grin
Re: Unknown 'Drone' Crashes In Ibadan (Pictures) by Jakumo(m): 1:14pm On Dec 29, 2013
gratiaeo:
Don't insult Ashipa of Awotan,
Chief Tajudeen Adetoro house. That house is sophisticated incase you don't know

I beg no let Ashipa vex come go phone juju doctor, phone Apena self, when go deal with you just now. Ashipa house don become tourist attraction where den dey charge gate-fees, and some bad-belle, enemy of progress people come dey take mouth spoil am for dem. Take time o.
Re: Unknown 'Drone' Crashes In Ibadan (Pictures) by eeeeeee: 1:18pm On Dec 29, 2013
eaglechild: Ibadan no dey disappoint for primitivity.

That house belongs to the most influential man in the community, the Ashipa.

1 Like

Re: Unknown 'Drone' Crashes In Ibadan (Pictures) by Cubeet2: 1:20pm On Dec 29, 2013
hi everybody,am the owner of airbird,pls its is not a drone. I use it for aerial surveys. i stay in lagos. It crashed due to some technical faults. Its quite expensive and am sorry for the damage. I have contacted some of those residing there in ibadan and the landlord of the building where the accident happened and the case is now with the police. Am gonna repair the broken roof and then i found out that the airbird can still be repaired. So its not a military drone please....THANKS Y'ALL
Re: Unknown 'Drone' Crashes In Ibadan (Pictures) by Jakumo(m): 1:22pm On Dec 29, 2013
Cubeet2: hi everybody,am the owner of airbird,pls its is not a drone. I use it for aerial surveys. i stay in lagos. It crashed due to some technical faults. Its quite expensive and am sorry for the damage. I have contacted some of the residence there in ibadan where the accident happened and the case is now with the police. Am gonna repair the broken roof and then i found out that the airbird can still be repaired. So its not a military drone please....THANKS Y'ALL

Look him mouth like owner. That thing no fit fly from Oshodi to Ikoyi, before you run come here begin dey claim say na you fly am from Lagos to Ibadan.

Oya show us your RC controller, and no copy am from internet o, because we go know.

1 Like

Re: Unknown 'Drone' Crashes In Ibadan (Pictures) by alcuin(m): 1:23pm On Dec 29, 2013
How can it be smoking when it is battery powered?

Did this really happened?
Re: Unknown 'Drone' Crashes In Ibadan (Pictures) by meforyou1(m): 1:26pm On Dec 29, 2013
Even if US wants to spy on Nigeria, is it worthless Ibadan with its ancient roofs it will start with?
Re: Unknown 'Drone' Crashes In Ibadan (Pictures) by Jakumo(m): 1:27pm On Dec 29, 2013
alcuin: How can it be smoking when it is battery powered?

Did this really happened?

Lipo batteries are very prone to fires, and they will explode in a crash sometimes.
Re: Unknown 'Drone' Crashes In Ibadan (Pictures) by micky5(m): 1:27pm On Dec 29, 2013
lertee: Since it happened in Ibadan,it is most likely the work of 'awon iya ajibola edun' (terrestrial mothers),they now come like drones instead of birds.. grin grin grin grin grin grin
very hilarious post
Re: Unknown 'Drone' Crashes In Ibadan (Pictures) by kalufelix(m): 1:27pm On Dec 29, 2013
Jakumo: If the quad-copter shown in the picture above IS the object that crashed through the roof in Ibadan Nigeria, then it was most certainly NOT launched from Texas, but from somewhere less than ONE mile from the crash site.

That is NOT a military "drone" but a hobbyist quad-copter with very limited range, that is available to anyone with $350 to spend, from numerous internet websites. Somewhere in Ibadan there is a hobbyist who has lost his aerial photography toy, and that is all there is to this story.

US drones that are designated for long-range operations are ALL fixed-wing airplanes, and NOT helicopter derivatives like the Walkera Model QRX350 shown in the above picture, which, by the way, looks suspiciously un-damaged, in the aftermath of a purported crash.
baba u get mouth jare...
Re: Unknown 'Drone' Crashes In Ibadan (Pictures) by majorgr: 1:27pm On Dec 29, 2013
Wait let me ask Ifa

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Chidi Odinkalu And Governor El-Rufai In War Of Words / Ortom Vs Buhari: Adopt Ruga If You Want Peace In Benue - Garba Shehu To Governor / Buhari Reacts To Ganduje Bribery Video

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.