Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,678 members, 7,865,724 topics. Date: Thursday, 20 June 2024 at 01:50 AM

What Does It Takes To Clear A Car With The Custom Service - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / What Does It Takes To Clear A Car With The Custom Service (983 Views)

A Car With Ankara Paint / Starting A Car With AC On: Good Or Bad Practice? / How Much Does It Cost To Clear A 40 Foot Container In Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Does It Takes To Clear A Car With The Custom Service by RockyOmas: 7:35am On Dec 29, 2013
All,

Please am expecting my car to arrive Lagos by shipping latest 30th of December, but my friend in the US failed to scan my Bill of Laden for me to give to an agent for the purpose of clearing it. The courier company shipping my document will deliver 6th of January, 2014.

Please assist me on how to handle such matter, do I have to pay for Dummurage? If yes for how long and how much.

Please help friends.

Omas
Re: What Does It Takes To Clear A Car With The Custom Service by hammedkola(m): 7:50am On Dec 29, 2013
Okay
Re: What Does It Takes To Clear A Car With The Custom Service by RockyOmas: 7:02pm On Dec 29, 2013
Any help please
Re: What Does It Takes To Clear A Car With The Custom Service by Okuda(m): 5:34pm On Jan 03, 2014
The only thing that can happen is that you would pay for dumurrage or whatever its called. The last I know, Its was 4k per day or so..If you need someone who can clear for you, I know someone who is pretty good. 2days and ur car is out of the place or a day if he gets your documents in time.

1 Like

Re: What Does It Takes To Clear A Car With The Custom Service by femmy2010(m): 10:31pm On Jan 03, 2014
Anticipate N10k max as demurage.

1 Like

Re: What Does It Takes To Clear A Car With The Custom Service by RockyOmas: 11:16am On Jan 08, 2014
Thanks for the advise.

(1) (Reply)

Accidents Caused By Wrong Trafficating At Imepe, Ijebu Ode ( Photo) / Honda Accord EOD And Acura TLS 2003 Model Which One Is The Best / Can U Believe D First Top Speed Record By A Car Was 19km/h? See D Current Record

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.