Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,219 members, 7,815,263 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:53 AM

On Evolution, Big Bang, The Bible And The Quran - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / On Evolution, Big Bang, The Bible And The Quran (2124 Views)

Indictment On Evolution Theory!!! / Interesting Videos On Evolution/creationism/spirituality; ETC / What Are Catholic Perspectives On Evolution? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: On Evolution, Big Bang, The Bible And The Quran by Nobody: 7:21pm On Dec 29, 2013
@Redyln

You said something about you being God.

I need your honest answer on these questions.

1.If you were God, and you wanted to transmit a divine book which will of course be useless without mentioning the origins, which will you put, the myth of creation in the bible or the big-bang?

2. In place of all those irrelevant verses in the bible, don't you think another supposedly irrelevant verse on quantum mechanics may be better?

I understand your earlier point that the presence of irrelevances doesn't mean another must be put there.

My contention is, in place of those irrelevant verses, a verse about quantum mechanics would had been better. No?
Re: On Evolution, Big Bang, The Bible And The Quran by Joshthefirst(m): 8:57pm On Dec 29, 2013
Sorry, but truth is universal and must apply to all men. Darwinian evolution is foolish idiocy.

I'm tired of adressing nonsense posers. This is the same thing plaetton was saying; we might as well launch ourselves into space to solve the corruption problems of nigeria then. Nonsense.

If you think I failed woefully, I don't mind what you think. But anyone who has a truly rational mind will laugh at you and even ignore this thread, as some have.

Speculation and quantum mechanics will help man in his basic nature I hear.

And if you still think the bible does science does not even confirm the bible sometimes, continue on in your ignorance. Mulitple threads have been opened to adress that issue.

Sometimes I sitback and think of the nonsense some of these guys say and almost choke.
Re: On Evolution, Big Bang, The Bible And The Quran by plaetton: 9:05pm On Dec 29, 2013
Joshthefirst: Sorry, but truth is universal and must apply to all men. Darwinian evolution is foolish idiocy.

I'm tired of adressing nonsense posers. This is the same thing plaetton was saying; we might as well launch ourselves into space to solve the corruption problems of nigeria then. Nonsense.

If you think I failed woefully, I don't mind what you think. But anyone who has a truly rational mind will laugh at you and even ignore this thread, as some have.

And if you still think the bible does science does not even confirm the bible sometimes, continue on in your ignorance. Mulitple threads have been opened to adress that issue.

Sometimes I sitback and think of the nonsense some of these guys say and almost choke.

Sharrap!
Your job is to entertain intelligent people here.
Do not attempt any serious discussions, otherwise I will smack your already battered-from-butt-hurt behind.
Re: On Evolution, Big Bang, The Bible And The Quran by Nobody: 9:08pm On Dec 29, 2013
Joshthefirst: Sorry, but truth is universal and must apply to all men. Darwinian evolution is foolish idiocy.

Re-read the above and see how empty you sound. You are profoundly good at stringing lots of words together with absolutely no substance.

How do you manage to achieve such a "record breaking feat"?

You prefer the nonsensical verses in the book of solomon and the hundreds of other nonsensical verses to a single verse on quantum mechanics.

How does those silly verses of solomon help man in his basic nature.

Yahweh if at all he exists must be ashamed of you
Re: On Evolution, Big Bang, The Bible And The Quran by Joshthefirst(m): 9:08pm On Dec 29, 2013
plaetton:

Sharrap!
Your job is to entertain intelligent people here.
Do not attempt any serious discussions, otherwise I will smack your already battered-from-butt-hurt behind.
grin grin grin

Yup our jobs are to entertain intelligent people here. You are my oga, my brother in arms. You keep me in my place beside you.

Thank you oga.
Please teach me that funny way of escaping you designed. It must entertain the masters very well.
Re: On Evolution, Big Bang, The Bible And The Quran by mazaje(m): 9:14pm On Dec 29, 2013
PLEASE who here understands the NONSENSE and GIBBERISH Joshthefirst is saying?. . .As some one said if your god exist then he really needs to be ashamed of you. . .Imagine an all powerful god sending someone like Josh to make a case for him. . . .Men!!!!!. . . .Sometimes you really need to read some of the nonsense you are typing to see if it makes any sense to you. . .You are a perfect evidence to show that your god is imaginary and exist only in your mind, i fully assure, you. . No god that truly exist will send a complete failure like you to make his case for him. . .No god that exist will do that. . .

3 Likes

Re: On Evolution, Big Bang, The Bible And The Quran by Joshthefirst(m): 9:14pm On Dec 29, 2013
rationalmind:

Re-read the above and see how empty you sound. You are profoundly good at stringing lots of words together with absolute no substance.

How do you manage to achieve such a "record breaking feat"?

You prefer the nonsensical verses in the book of solomon and the hundreds of other nonsensical verses to a single verse on quantum mechanics.

How does those silly verses of solomon help man in his basic nature.

Yahweh if at all he exists must be ashamed of you
why are you getting this emotional now?

And if you think the verses of solomon that deal with mans sexual and eros nature is not basic, I fear for you...wait, I'm not even surprised sef.
One of the most basic physical nature of man is what you're calling irrelevant, chei. Do you want me to start choking again?

For those interested, the songs of solomon talk of love and sex, God created both, and made them very basic and pure and sweet. And in that book, he teaches on how to educate man and woman and show them how to be pure even in love and sex.

Abeg shift. Your thread has been inconsequential from the very beginning.
Re: On Evolution, Big Bang, The Bible And The Quran by Joshthefirst(m): 9:16pm On Dec 29, 2013
mazaje: PLEASE who here understands the NONSENSE and GIBBERISH Joshthefirst is saying?. . .As some one said if your god exist then he really needs to be ashamed of you. . .Imagine an all powerful god sending someone like Josh to make a case for him. . . .Men!!!!!. . . .Sometimes you really need to read some of the nonsense you are typing to see if it makes any sense to you. . .You are a perfect evidence to show that your god is imaginary and exist only in your mind, i fully assure, you. . No god that truly exist will send a complete failure like you to make his case for him. . .No god that exist will do that. . .
emotional ramblings and butthurt. After all these years you still don't know how to effectively represent your position.

If I was an atheist, I'd be much better than you guys abeg. Tufiakwa.
Re: On Evolution, Big Bang, The Bible And The Quran by Garriisback: 9:17pm On Dec 29, 2013
Joshthefirst:
But anyone who has a truly rational mind will laugh at you and even ignore this thread, as some have.

I try as much as possible to avoid this section but i just have to say this.

Bro, If you think you are 'fighting' them you are wasting your time. You can't. Attempting to debunk darwinism or evolution is no proof of God or Christianity. Relgion for the most part is faith and that can hardly pass for evidence.

I have been visiting in the past 1 week and i noticed the Atheist here have quadrupled. The more you engage them, the more people see they might have a point.

Just thought i should drop a word. And oh, I am not an Atheist, I am a christian but you are really failing at whatever you are trying to achieve. Anony did a better job.

4 Likes

Re: On Evolution, Big Bang, The Bible And The Quran by Nobody: 9:18pm On Dec 29, 2013
mazaje: PLEASE who here understands the NONSENSE and GIBBERISH Joshthefirst is saying?. . .As some one said if your god exist then he really needs to be ashamed of you. . .Imagine an all powerful god sending someone like Josh to make a case for him. . . .Men!!!!!. . . .Sometimes you really need to read some of the nonsense you are typing to see if it makes any sense to you. . .You are a perfect evidence to show that your god is imaginary and exist only in your mind, i fully assure, you. . No god that truly exist will send a complete failure like you to make his case for him. . .No god that exist will do that. . .

grin grin grin grin

That guy is a very terrible apologist. I don't think I've met any apologist as terrible as he is. If I was a theist and I looked up to him to provide responses to arguments on nairaland, I would be on my way to be an atheist by now.
Re: On Evolution, Big Bang, The Bible And The Quran by Nobody: 9:22pm On Dec 29, 2013
Joshthefirst: why are you getting this emotional now?

And if you think the verses of solomon that deal with mans sexual and eros nature is not basic, I fear for you...wait, I'm not even surprised sef.
One of the most basic physical nature of man is what you're calling irrelevant, chei. Do you want me to start choking again?

For those interested, the songs of solomon talk of love and sex, God created both, and made them very basic and pure and sweet. And in that book, he teaches on how to educate man and woman and show them how to be pure even in love and sex.

Abeg shift. Your thread has been inconsequential from the very beginning.

grin grin grin and he thought I got emotional.

No, I had to address your BS using the strongest possible words while trying to avoid a ban.
Re: On Evolution, Big Bang, The Bible And The Quran by Joshthefirst(m): 9:25pm On Dec 29, 2013
Garri_is_back:

Bro, If you think you are 'fighting' them you are wasting your time. You can't. Attempting to debunk darwinism or evolution is no proof of God or Christianity. Relgion for the most part is faith and that can hardly pass for evidence.

I have been visiting in the past 1 week and i noticed the Atheist here have quadrupled. The more you engage them, the more people see they might have a point.

Just thought i should drop a word. And oh, I am not an Atheist, I am a christian but you are really failing at whatever you are trying to achieve. Anony did a better job.
of course attempting to debunk darwinian evolution is no proof of God, only proof of its incoherence.

And people will continue to deconvert to atheism and convert to christianity.

And I have heard well. Anony did a better job. Good for him.
Re: On Evolution, Big Bang, The Bible And The Quran by Nobody: 9:26pm On Dec 29, 2013
Garri_is_back:

Epic comment bros. Wished I could like this a hundred times. I read anonys threads and most times I'm glad I never engaged him.

Very intelligent a guy. He has this method of asking you series of questions until you provide an answer that boxes you.

Christians must obviously miss the dude on this forum.

Not this failure of an apologist we have now.
Re: On Evolution, Big Bang, The Bible And The Quran by Joshthefirst(m): 9:26pm On Dec 29, 2013
rationalmind:

grin grin grin and he thought I got emotional.

No, I had to address your BS using the strongest possible words while trying to avoid a ban.
lol. After saying song of solomon is not basic he reverts to nonsense.
Re: On Evolution, Big Bang, The Bible And The Quran by Nobody: 9:29pm On Dec 29, 2013
Joshthefirst: lol. After saying song of solomon is not basic he reverts to nonsense.

Lol, I deliberately chose not to address your nonsense again. Your answer on how the book of solomon is basic is nonsense as always.

I'm waiting for more intelligent christians who have better responses.
Re: On Evolution, Big Bang, The Bible And The Quran by Joshthefirst(m): 9:33pm On Dec 29, 2013
Lol. They have switched to personal attacks after lalalalalaing because they couldn't refute what I have said.
Re: On Evolution, Big Bang, The Bible And The Quran by Nobody: 9:37pm On Dec 29, 2013
Joshthefirst: Lol. They have switched to personal attacks after lalalalalaing because they couldn't refute what I have said.

Lol, if that makes you sleep well at night.
Re: On Evolution, Big Bang, The Bible And The Quran by Joshthefirst(m): 9:46pm On Dec 29, 2013
rationalmind:

Lol, if that makes you sleep well at night.
keep learning how to ignore and deny what you cannot refute like plaetton your oga. grin
Re: On Evolution, Big Bang, The Bible And The Quran by Nobody: 9:51pm On Dec 29, 2013
Joshthefirst: keep learning how to ignore and deny what you cannot refute like plaetton your oga. grin

N what have you ever said that cannot be refuted.

Incase you didn't see this earlier,

I won't respond to your nonsense again.

You can say whatever you want to say, so long it makes you happy, no probs. grin
Re: On Evolution, Big Bang, The Bible And The Quran by Redlyn: 10:16pm On Dec 29, 2013
rationalmind: @Redyln

You said something about you being God.

I need your honest answer on these questions.

1.If you were God, and you wanted to transmit a divine book which will of course be useless without mentioning the origins, which will you put, the myth of creation in the bible or the big-bang?

2. In place of all those irrelevant verses in the bible, don't you think another supposedly irrelevant verse on quantum mechanics may be better?

I understand your earlier point that the presence of irrelevances doesn't mean another must be put there.

My contention is, in place of those irrelevant verses, a verse about quantum mechanics would had been better. No?

1- The big bang is not really the beginning is it. Its just as far back as we can currently see. So I wouldn't put that. I would not put a myth either but I would be highly vague and maybe metaphoric yet accurate. Along the lines of " ...and I said let there be light" grin. The book needs to be somewhat approachable to an illiterate/basic reader and not read like a scientific journal. Frankly these details are not so important for this divine purpose.

2- No. I would leave out all irrelevance altogether.

1 Like

Re: On Evolution, Big Bang, The Bible And The Quran by MrTroll(m): 10:21pm On Dec 29, 2013
grin grin grin

Ok, Josh. Can you open a thread where you will debunk the theory ofor all... cool
Re: On Evolution, Big Bang, The Bible And The Quran by Joshthefirst(m): 10:22pm On Dec 29, 2013
At least some people are thinking rationally.
Re: On Evolution, Big Bang, The Bible And The Quran by Nobody: 10:24pm On Dec 29, 2013
Redlyn:

1- The big bang is not really the beginning is it. Its just as far back as we can currently see. So I wouldn't put that. I would not put a myth either but I would be highly vague and maybe metaphoric yet accurate. Along the lines of " ...and I said let there be light" grin. The book needs to be somewhat approachable to an illiterate/basic reader and not read like a scientific journal. Frankly these details are not so important for this divine purpose.

2- No. I would leave out all irrelevance altogether.

in any case, we both agree yahweh did a bad job grin grin

Me just thinks at least a verse on QM wouldn't had been out of place considering that when harnessed, it generally leads to well-being of conscious creatures which any spiritual book should seek to achieve.
Re: On Evolution, Big Bang, The Bible And The Quran by Joshthefirst(m): 10:26pm On Dec 29, 2013
Mr Troll: grin grin grin

Ok, Josh. Can you open a thread where you will debunk the theory o��������������������������������������������for all... cool
sorry, I don't care much about debunking, especially for opinion, my main aim is preaching, and you people are even distracting me from it. I believe you already know my disagreements with the theory as a whole. The threads I have opened are enough. Plaettons ramblings today are enough to blind a normal person to any other person's explainings of that theory for a thousand lifetimes.

1 Like

Re: On Evolution, Big Bang, The Bible And The Quran by FOLYKAZE(m): 11:36pm On Dec 29, 2013
@ Rationalmind

Did you find description of sex position and styles p&m had that lead to your pregnancy the last time you checked your birth certificate or did you find any explanation that described how you won the race among other sperm cell inside 'Pman P'? (sorry if this is embarassing).

Somethings are not rational when talked about considering moment and person. There is no word that can move me in some occassions. And there are somethings I cant reveal considering the person intellect and mindset. It really irrational to ask for QM from the buble. It like searching for chemical components in finance textbook. To be sincere with you, this thread is completetly display of dishonesty.

I am an atheist and embrace logical reasoning but not and never stupidity. Give me water so that I satisfied my thirst and not stories of molecules contained in water.........if you understand this, you would see where am pointing at.

1 Like

Re: On Evolution, Big Bang, The Bible And The Quran by Nobody: 12:13am On Dec 30, 2013
FOLYKAZE: @ Rationalmind

Did you find description of sex position and styles p&m had that lead to your pregnancy the last time you checked your birth certificate or did you find any explanation that described how you won the race among other sperm cell inside 'Pman P'? (sorry if this is embarassing).

Somethings are not rational when talked about considering moment and person. There is no word that can move me in some occassions. And there are somethings I cant reveal considering the person intellect and mindset. It really irrational to ask for QM from the buble. It like searching for chemical components in finance textbook. To be sincere with you, this thread is completetly display of dishonesty.

I am an atheist and embrace logical reasoning but not and never stupidity. Give me water so that I satisfied my thirst and not stories of molecules contained in water.........if you understand this, you would see where am pointing at.

Lol, I had made my position clear already. In place of the other several irrelevant verses, QM would had been put there considering its huge benefits on our well being which is one of the main things religion tends to achieve.

I can't be repeating myself bro.

There is nothing dishonest about the thread. There are over 31,000 verses in the bible a great number of which are absolutely irrelevant. Tell me why QM couldn't had been placed in one of those irrelevant verses.

This is the same bible that contains verses of genocide, idolatory, slavery amongst several other barbaric verses.

Abeg, shift
Re: On Evolution, Big Bang, The Bible And The Quran by Nobody: 12:19am On Dec 30, 2013
And did I see you say somethings are not talked about concerning the moment and persons?

It seems you haven't followed the thread as I've already addressed that in my exchanges with deepsight.

The bible wasn't just for people living when it was "revealed". It is equally for people living now including generations of people yet unborn
Re: On Evolution, Big Bang, The Bible And The Quran by Ishilove: 1:55am On Dec 30, 2013
Joshthefirst: sorry, I don't care much about debunking, especially for opinion, my main aim is preaching, and you people are even distracting me from it. I believe you already know my disagreements with the theory as a whole. The threads I have opened are enough. Plaettons ramblings today are enough to blind a normal person to any other person's explainings of that theory for a thousand lifetimes.
Lmao!! That's because you just won't quit engaging scoffers. grin

I miss obadiah sad
Re: On Evolution, Big Bang, The Bible And The Quran by mazaje(m): 4:35am On Dec 30, 2013
Joshthefirst: emotional ramblings and butthurt. After all these years you still don't know how to effectively represent your position.

If I was an atheist, I'd be much better than you guys abeg. Tufiakwa.

There are many theist here and we have debated so many of them. One thing ALL atheist here will agree with me is that the quality of your arguments are just to dull and silly. . .please read the writings of people like deepsight, davidyln, anonny, pastor kun, striktlymi and compare it to the nonsense you have been writing since when you came here. Even though we disagree with them, you just have to admit that their writings make sense. . .Your NEVR make any sense. . .Read from them and learn. . .

3 Likes

Re: On Evolution, Big Bang, The Bible And The Quran by FOLYKAZE(m): 9:07am On Dec 30, 2013
rationalmind:

Lol, I had made my position clear already. In place of the other several irrelevant verses, QM would had been put there considering its huge benefits on our well being which is one of the main things religion tends to achieve.

I can't be repeating myself bro.

There is nothing dishonest about the thread. There are over 31,000 verses in the bible a great number of which are absolutely irrelevant. Tell me why QM couldn't had been placed in one of those irrelevant verses.

This is the same bible that contains verses of genocide, idolatory, slavery amongst several other barbaric verses.

Abeg, shift

Baseless rants

Do answer my questions or we agree that you only want to bark around on irrelevancy
Re: On Evolution, Big Bang, The Bible And The Quran by Nobody: 9:17am On Dec 30, 2013
FOLYKAZE:

Baseless rants

Do answer my questions or we agree that you only want to bark around on irrelevancy

Maybe because the questions were irrelevant.

I had made my stance known and I'm not going back.

Edit: And sorry, I only answer sensible questions. The question you asked about birth certificate wasn't sensible.

And before you come to ask another senseless question, muslims are claiming the big-bang was foretold in the quran.

Ponder very well on that.
Re: On Evolution, Big Bang, The Bible And The Quran by FOLYKAZE(m): 11:32am On Dec 30, 2013
rationalmind:

Maybe because the questions were irrelevant.

I had made my stance known and I'm not going back.

Edit: And sorry, I only answer sensible questions. The question you asked about birth certificate wasn't sensible.

And before you come to ask another senseless question, muslims are claiming the big-bang was foretold in the quran.

Ponder very well on that.

And the bold works for OP.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

SERMON JOTTERS: Tragedy Of Wasted Opportunities / Open Heavens Daily Devotional 14/09/15 / Religion Should Stop Being Taught In Schools!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.