Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,595 members, 7,816,474 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:39 AM

Why Do Non Catholics Celebrate Christmas. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Do Non Catholics Celebrate Christmas. (1233 Views)

The Solemnnity Of Christ The King, All Catholics Please Stand Up!!! / For Non Catholics: Church Or Bible Which One Came First? / Toni Payne Blasts Chris Okotie For Saying "All Catholics Will Go To Hell" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do Non Catholics Celebrate Christmas. by satowind(m): 9:24am On Dec 29, 2013
It is hypocrisy for a non catholic to be celebrating the christmas. I saw some nairalander attacking deeper life general over seer. The last time I checked the word christmas was gotten from the word chrismastide which is christ mass. When catholics bring up issues like the purgatory other churches will ask were it can be found the bible even thou it was there. Why then will they adopt the christmas from the catholic doctrine even when we all know it is not biblical.
I don't know why all these churches fail to understand the fact that what catholics practices are handed over from the early christians.
Re: Why Do Non Catholics Celebrate Christmas. by satowind(m): 9:24am On Dec 29, 2013
Christmas was a doctrine from catholic inception. It was during the missionary period of the early missionaries when there greatest threat was idol worshipers especially the sun God. Then in rome it was always cold and on 25th is the day the sun comes out putting an end to their snow and cold misery. So they celebrate that day to stay and wait for the coming out of the sun.
During this period the early missionaries discovered that after the converts come for mass on sunday they go back to the sun god ceremony. After one of the ecumenical counsel meeting they decided to use that day to celebrate birth of christ (the main light of the world). So it is not biblical. This decision was taken to enable converts to choose between serving christ or serving sun. That was also the origin of mass on sunday from the normal sabbath day. That is why the jews which don't worship sun God still worship on saturday till date while other countries which were originally idol worshiper worship on sunday to eliminate the sun god threat.
The earlier protestant churches realize that it is not every thing that christ did that was written in the bible (that point was even made clear in the bible) the better for them. Catholic has been there from inception so what we do is what we learnt from the early christians.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Non Catholics Celebrate Christmas. by pembisco(m): 11:03am On Dec 29, 2013
Dnt mind dem hypocrits. Olways critisizin wat they knw natin bout. Same goes wit easter celebration too. Them no go do 40 days fasting bt they go folo us we d catholics to celebrate easter. Sm don stat to the celebrate christ d king sef
Re: Why Do Non Catholics Celebrate Christmas. by Sealeddeal(m): 11:12am On Dec 29, 2013
@Satowind...pls where can i find purgatory in bible? i want to show it to someone.
Re: Why Do Non Catholics Celebrate Christmas. by satowind(m): 11:13am On Jul 09, 2014
Sealeddeal: @Satowind...pls where can i find purgatory in bible? i want to show it to someone.
read from genesis to revelation u will see it.
Re: Why Do Non Catholics Celebrate Christmas. by Sealeddeal(m): 10:44am On Jul 16, 2014
satowind: read from genesis to revelation u will see it.
hahahaha.
Re: Why Do Non Catholics Celebrate Christmas. by satowind(m): 12:53pm On Jul 16, 2014
Sealeddeal: hahahaha.
but lyk seriously is there but forgotten.

(1) (Reply)

Hapi New Yr Y'al. Post D Theme For D New Yr / The Trial Of Pastor Jones (Adeboye) A Short Story / To African Christians And Moslems

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.