Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,521 members, 7,819,870 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:25 AM

Top Selling Gadgets In Nigeria This Season - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Top Selling Gadgets In Nigeria This Season (21826 Views)

The Top Selling Smartphone Of All Time Will Surprise You / Phones And Tablets That Will Be Rocking In Nigeria This 2016 / Buying Gadgets Online In Nigeria? Don’t Fall Victim To This. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Top Selling Gadgets In Nigeria This Season by FKO1(m): 4:37pm On Dec 29, 2013
VENTURES AFRICA – A little over a decade ago, land phones and mobiles (or nought-nine-nought) were exclusive to the top class of Nigeria’s society. Put simply, the presence of a landline in a household represented affluence and cellphones were the private jets of this age. But with the advent of GSM technology in 2001, mobile telephony gradually became easily accessible, even to people living in the remotest part of Nigeria.

Between 2009 – 2010, the smartphone trend, which was also exclusive to a certain class of the country’s over 170 million population, surfaced. However, when Chinese phone maker Tecno ventured into the Nigerian market it presented a opportunity for Nigeria’s fast-rising middle class to access services available on smartphones. Other phone makers, i.e. Solo Phone, soon followed suit, providing cheap, yet standard services on affordable smartphones to all who move with the trend of new gadgets in the country’s increasingly demanding and tech-savvy population.

In 2013, the “gadget boom” continued with the launch of a series of eye-catching phones, tablets, and gadgets and stiff competition for market share between major phone makers, i.e. Samsung, Apple, Tecno and Blackberry (Yes, Blackberry still accounts for a significant percentage of the market share in Nigeria), while mobile penetration experienced a surge across the Africa. Thus, consumers have benefited from innovative competition between phone makers, with citizens now afforded the luxury to select from a wider range of products.

During this festive season, our team scanned through the retail markets to spot a few of the top selling devices. In no particular order, here are the top five:

1) Samsung Galaxy S4/S3 – The launch of BBM on Android has afforded potential drifters the opportunity to swap their blackberry devices for other top ranking brands such as Samsung and Apple. The Samsung mobile devices are reportedly leading sales figures this period due to the perceived proper mix of price and quality.

2) BLACKBERRY Q10 – Despite the release of blackberry’s messenger BBM on Android and iOS, sales of blackberry 2013 release Q10 remains relatively balanced. The 16GB installed memory, 4G LTE device still commands a fair amount of patronage and is listed on several mobile retail outlets amongst the top selling phones during this period.

3) Infinix x700 Joypad 7-Inch Tablet – The tag ‘Joypad’ best describes the gadgets; a combination of a Pad, a 3G smartphone, and a game console all in one product that boast a 7″ IPS high resolution LCD touchscreen, makes it the ideal device for a gadget freak. Driven by Qualcomm 3G technology, it allows users unlimited download access to contents and applications anywhere and anytime.

4) Tecno Phantom A+ – The fast emerging phone maker is gradually siphoning the industries consumer base, largely due to an efficient blend of quality and price, coercing cost-oriented customers to turn their attention towards a cheaper and similarly effective device. The newly released Phantom Pad N9 offer almost the same features as the Galaxy S4, yet cost 50 percent less than the Samsung device.

5) BLACKBERRY Z10 – Poor sales figures of the Z10 series was earlier this year, credited for the huge loss posted by the Canadian smartphone maker, but keypad-less phones have seen a change in sales fortune this period. A significant drop in price has led to an increased demand, with Nigerian retailer Slot Limited posting the Z10 as its no1 Top Selling device.

SOURCE
http://waffihub..com/2013/12/top-selling-gadgets-in-nigeria-this.html?m=1

http://www.ventures-africa.com/2013/12/top-selling-gadgets-in-nigeria-this-season/

I MADE FP AGAIN *KILLS CHICKEN*

Re: Top Selling Gadgets In Nigeria This Season by israel770(m): 6:09pm On Dec 29, 2013
Frnt page abeg
Re: Top Selling Gadgets In Nigeria This Season by hawqer: 6:57pm On Dec 29, 2013
The sources used for this Survey are; Jumia, Konga, Slot and DealDey...these 4 organizations are at best just sufficient to give a very super rough estimate of top selling devices Nigerians use
Re: Top Selling Gadgets In Nigeria This Season by Ymodulus: 7:15pm On Dec 29, 2013
hawqer: The sources used for this Survey are; Jumia, Konga, Slot and DealDey...these 4 organizations are at best just sufficient to give a very super rough estimate of top selling devices Nigerians use

are you serious ?

Stop this thrash saying. Those 4 organisations market sales is not enough. Jumia phones are expensive, Kong sells fake item. They tell you galaxy core only to get galaxy pocket and slot though reliable cant be used cause people buy phone these days outside slot. The slot of 2011-2012 is no longer the slot of 2013. Their phones are expensive and these days they r useless.

1 Like

Re: Top Selling Gadgets In Nigeria This Season by Ymodulus: 7:23pm On Dec 29, 2013
@Op your survey is totally wrong

You counted BlackBerry Q10 as among top selling phone for this year
Is your blog this wack??

You counted infinix pad yet you didn't add the techno N9?

You didn't count the Techno N3?
Neither did you count the Beast of them all Gionee E3 or P2??

Guy delete this thrash before I bomb person

4 Likes

Re: Top Selling Gadgets In Nigeria This Season by hawqer: 8:32pm On Dec 29, 2013
Ymodulus:

are you serious ?

Stop this thrash saying. Those 4 organisations market sales is not enough. Jumia phones are expensive, Kong sells fake item. They tell you galaxy core only to get galaxy pocket and slot though reliable cant be used cause people buy phone these days outside slot. The slot of 2011-2012 is no longer the slot of 2013. Their phones are expensive and these days they r useless.

re-read my post, understand it.....then re-comment.
Re: Top Selling Gadgets In Nigeria This Season by Nobody: 11:18pm On Dec 29, 2013
Ymodulus: @Op your survey is totally wrong

You counted BlackBerry Q10 as among top selling phone for this year
Is your blog this wack??

You counted infinix pad yet you didn't add the techno N9?

You didn't count the Techno N3?
Neither did you count the Beast of them all Gionee E3 or P2??
u got my mind small,go to slot and ask them of gionee or n3,they dont even sell it......and the truth is this s3 sold morthan s4 in Nigeria this year, tecno p5 if recorded may be be the highest sold for 2 months now or ever this year ,so i think this surveys is about s4,BBQ10,infinity x700 ,ZI,Tecno A+, so the survey wasn't deep........we know many nija youth and teenagers moved on from BB this year to android phones,so its so clear that 50% did not went for expensive android devices.
Re: Top Selling Gadgets In Nigeria This Season by hyuga(m): 11:39pm On Dec 29, 2013
dunno if Ur survey is for both new or UK used but.either way, I think HTC brand holds a spot than Samsung brands tecno should see this yr as their best too, Q10/Z10 nba. that's my personal survey

1 Like

Re: Top Selling Gadgets In Nigeria This Season by Ymodulus: 5:40am On Dec 30, 2013
EMMAUGOH: u got my mind small,go to slot and ask them of gionee or n3,they dont even sell it......and the truth is this s3 sold morthan s4 in Nigeria this year, tecno p5 if recorded may be be the highest sold for 2 months now or ever this year ,so i think this surveys is about s4,BBQ10,infinity x700 ,ZI,Tecno A+, so the survey wasn't deep........we know many nija youth and teenagers moved on from BB this year to android phones,so its so clear that 50% did not went for expensive android devices.

Thanks. u said it all.

Also to add to your point slot is not in several states its just only in Lagos, PortHarcout, Illorin, Kaduna and kano. So what happened to phone users in other states?

We for one know that even our elijahdre sells too. So the guy report is totally baseless, fallacious and an attempted intent to please ears of listeners.

1 Like

Re: Top Selling Gadgets In Nigeria This Season by Ymodulus: 5:42am On Dec 30, 2013
hawqer:

re-read my post, understand it.....then re-comment.

Man get it and accept fact. am not against you just read NY post and understand what am saying.

Even @EmmaGoh. understood what am saying.
Re: Top Selling Gadgets In Nigeria This Season by Ymodulus: 5:44am On Dec 30, 2013
hyuga: dunno if Ur survey is for both new or UK used but.either way, I think HTC brand holds a spot than Samsung brands tecno should see this yr as their best too, Q10/Z10 nba. that's my personal survey
His survey includes both caused he just say Gadgets and gadgets involve both news and old.

You are right bro. I for one know that this year HTC sale (second hand ) was another wide fire. Better than Z10/Q10
Re: Top Selling Gadgets In Nigeria This Season by moscobabs(m): 2:15pm On Dec 30, 2013
Nija problem pass buying phone jare...... make una talk about New year joo
Re: Top Selling Gadgets In Nigeria This Season by Jensenelizz(m): 2:16pm On Dec 30, 2013
Oga poster when i read ur thread,I first laff my belle full grin because ur thread is wacky(no offence)

First you put bbq10 ahead of bold5 and 6,,then you add anoda bb(z10) to a list of top 5........

Where htc dey,,where even the unpopular lumia and asha series of nokia dey,,where iphone 4s(one of the best iphone ever) dey,,,then where (the king of all cheap smartphones)tecno dey
Mr man re-rite ur list cuz its wacky
Re: Top Selling Gadgets In Nigeria This Season by myads890(m): 2:18pm On Dec 30, 2013
@ OP. Your reasearch is half done. You need to go back to the drawing board.
Re: Top Selling Gadgets In Nigeria This Season by paykobo: 2:19pm On Dec 30, 2013
One of the fastest selling tablet this season with limited units is this: ZTE https://www.nairaland.com/1512896/holiday-tablet-free-delivery-3g

Goes for: N17,500. http://www.paykobo.com/zte-v9-android-7-1-4ghz-4gb-512mb-wi-fi-3g-tablet-pc-black-silver.html#sthash.yeUC1lkn.dpuf

Whereas the Joypad infinix sells for N24,500. This goes for 7k cheaper. With Free 8gb memory card For holiday. Limited Units.
Re: Top Selling Gadgets In Nigeria This Season by ibietela2(m): 2:19pm On Dec 30, 2013
Were did you keep Tecno N3? Its top selling Mobile in 2013 here in Nigeria.
Re: Top Selling Gadgets In Nigeria This Season by budusky05(m): 2:21pm On Dec 30, 2013
Nairaland
Re: Top Selling Gadgets In Nigeria This Season by Nobody: 2:21pm On Dec 30, 2013
i am yet to see a device which sold more than the s3/s4 and tecno n3 in nigeria this year

1 Like

Re: Top Selling Gadgets In Nigeria This Season by 4reigningqueen: 2:21pm On Dec 30, 2013
hmmm
Re: Top Selling Gadgets In Nigeria This Season by mancheeutd(m): 2:23pm On Dec 30, 2013
Boohoo op BlackBerry
BlackBerry booo
Re: Top Selling Gadgets In Nigeria This Season by Nobody: 2:23pm On Dec 30, 2013
Da Asha Da Lumia Da Nokia All Da Waiy..
Re: Top Selling Gadgets In Nigeria This Season by seansifo(m): 2:23pm On Dec 30, 2013
brb
Re: Top Selling Gadgets In Nigeria This Season by Thebrightest(m): 2:24pm On Dec 30, 2013
Tecno p5 rules. #team Tecno#

2 Likes

Re: Top Selling Gadgets In Nigeria This Season by KomradeKorsche: 2:25pm On Dec 30, 2013
[CLICK] What of LONTOR Reading Lamp?

4 Likes

Re: Top Selling Gadgets In Nigeria This Season by Nobody: 2:26pm On Dec 30, 2013
Techno is d most selling.
Re: Top Selling Gadgets In Nigeria This Season by Nobody: 2:26pm On Dec 30, 2013
CLICK LIKE, If you are a human..

1 Like

Re: Top Selling Gadgets In Nigeria This Season by Nobody: 2:29pm On Dec 30, 2013
Goodnews
Re: Top Selling Gadgets In Nigeria This Season by Jensenelizz(m): 2:30pm On Dec 30, 2013
deejay_harry1: i am yet to see a device which sold more than the s3/s4 and tecno n3 in nigeria this year
agreed just to add....

The nokia asha series because no b every body fit afford/sabi use android fones
Re: Top Selling Gadgets In Nigeria This Season by Waspy(m): 2:30pm On Dec 30, 2013
Na una sabi...The phonemakers are smiling already
Re: Top Selling Gadgets In Nigeria This Season by Nobody: 2:31pm On Dec 30, 2013
***brings out cutlass ***

Scans through the list, finds 'tecno'

**smiles***

**throws cutlass under the bed***

4 Likes

Re: Top Selling Gadgets In Nigeria This Season by Drmlab(m): 2:33pm On Dec 30, 2013
U ar right
Re: Top Selling Gadgets In Nigeria This Season by Nobody: 2:34pm On Dec 30, 2013
Ejike.chinedu:
CLICK LIKE, If you are a human..

Your own case dun pass yaba left

I'll write an open letter to get u flogged openly

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

The Real Reason Why Your Phone Doesn't Support Efootball / It Seems Glo Has Even disconnected itself before the NIN Deadline / Cheat For Real Football 2012 Stamina Problem On Android

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.