Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,303 members, 7,836,318 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 04:39 AM

Who Do People Say You Are? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Who Do People Say You Are? (477 Views)

Why Do People Say Jesus Died For Our Sins? / Why Do People Say 'happy Sunday'? / A Lot Of People Say The New Testament Is Fake (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Who Do People Say You Are? by TeetoEsq(m): 5:22pm On Dec 29, 2013
Do you know what the people around you say you are? Jesus Christ, gathered His disciples and asked them, " who do people say that I am?" ...the disciples said, they said you are this... or you are that.... have you ever find out what people say you are? If you don't know what the people around you say you are, you can not impact their life...
Re: Who Do People Say You Are? by Goshen360(m): 5:41pm On Dec 29, 2013
As if the Spirit ministered same to you and I. It doesn't matter what people say you\we are, it is what the word says we are and what we answer to. Some said he was Elijah but he wasn't. Some said he was John the Baptist but he wasn't. ...so we see and understand it's not what people say we are but what we say we are or what we answer to. Our identity flows from inside to outside.
Re: Who Do People Say You Are? by TeetoEsq(m): 6:17pm On Dec 29, 2013
Goshen360: As if the Spirit ministered same to you and I. It doesn't matter what people say you\we are, it is what the word says we are and what we answer to. Some said he was Elijah but he wasn't. Some said he was John the Baptist but he wasn't. ...so we see and understand it's not what people say we are but what we say we are or what we answer to. Our identity flows from inside to outside.
when people don't know who you are they see you as not useful... because you have a hidden identity.
Re: Who Do People Say You Are? by Goshen360(m): 7:33pm On Dec 29, 2013
Teeto, Esq:
when people don't know who you are they see you as not useful... because you have a hidden identity.

It start from "who do PEOPLE say that I am" to "who do YOU say that I am" ? Christ never responded to who people said he was for some even called him what he wasn't.

It's who YOU say you are and what God in his word says you are that counts. You can only live out what you are, not what people say you are.
Re: Who Do People Say You Are? by TeetoEsq(m): 10:20pm On Dec 29, 2013
Goshen360:

It start from "who do PEOPLE say that I am" to "who do YOU say that I am" ? Christ never responded to who people said he was for some even called him what he wasn't.

It's who YOU say you are and what God in his word says you are that counts. You can only live out what you are, not what people say you are.
Don't be confused... Just as you said it above its only when "you live out what you are", that people will be able to know who you are and that is an opened identity. Before Christ asked His disciples "who do people say that I am?" He lived out His life for the people to know who He is....what people say about you counts a lot because it can make or mar you.
Re: Who Do People Say You Are? by Goshen360(m): 3:21am On Dec 30, 2013
Teeto, Esq:
Don't be confused... Just as you said it above its only when "you live out what you are", that people will be able to know who you are and that is an opened identity. Before Christ asked His disciples "who do people say that I am?" He lived out His life for the people to know who He is....what people say about you counts a lot because it can make or mar you.

Where does identity starts from - From YOU or from the people?

1 Like

Re: Who Do People Say You Are? by TeetoEsq(m): 10:52am On Dec 30, 2013
Goshen360:

Where does identity starts from - From YOU or from the people?
you to the people... But what matters is the knowledge of who you are which people are aware of....

(1) (Reply)

Primate Ayodele, The Man Who Predicted Joyce Banda's Ascension / INCREDIBLE: WAEC Examcheaters Return Certificates Afterchrist Enlightened Them / Photo:see Pastor That Makes Members Eat Grass

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.