Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,207 members, 7,829,318 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 02:01 AM

Letter To The Diasporan Nigerians By One angry Naijagraduates - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Letter To The Diasporan Nigerians By One angry Naijagraduates (945 Views)

What Resources Are Available In Nigeria For Diasporan Nigerians? / One Angry Woman Bathes His Husband With Hot Water. / Jonathan Insulted Nigerians By Appointing Anenih As NPA Chairman – CNPP (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Letter To The Diasporan Nigerians By One angry Naijagraduates by ehixking(m): 7:24pm On Dec 29, 2013
Letter to the Diasporan Nigerians by the Naijagraduates

Only a foolish man dances in a neighbours party while he's house is on fire. Dear brothers- you absconded and feels finally you are free. A rich man amongst a thousand poor men is as poor as a church mice. The Naijagraduates have been shouting about the rate of unemployment in our country yet you all wait and watch for a messiah to come from nowhere!
You are nothing but exports like our fathers cocoa. All you do is send money to your families encouraging them to spend sleepless nights at the UK and US embassies and pay bond of thousand of pounds.
Its time to look inward and take advantage of the environment that God has given to us freely. Finland and Norway are one of the most developed countries in the world because of their human capital. You all go abroad and stay back like the you've finally made it.
Quite a number of experts across the world are Nigerians. You will find them in every field of human endeavour. Recent statistics by the Central Bank of Nigeria showed that about 215,000 medical consultants in the United Kingdom are Nigerians. There are quite other professions too where you find Nigerians excelling. Mandella was hospitalised for months and never was it mentioned that he traveled abroad for treatments. 215000 consultants in the UK alone...if all these can form a group like the Naijagraduates and come back home and request for enabling environment we won't see senators,governors or even presidents travelling abroad for treatment.The world is moving at a very fast pace and Nigeria shouldn't be an exception. No matter the length of time you stay abroad, you must come back home. Has the FG bothered to check out how much money embassies such as the British, American, Dutch, French, South African all make in a year from Nigerians? How many Nigerians, legitimate ones, that apply are given these Visas, how many are denied? are these nations responsible to us or the other way round Whatever happens, home is home. There will come a time when those economies will be tired of you because they would have exploited virtually all your endowments and you are left in the cold. Where do you look up to? Only Nigerians can invest in Nigeria. Nigerians in the diaspora should also join us in this fight against unemployment because they are also part of us and if Nigeria was a better place they won't travel abroad in the first place. We want you all to know this is a clarion call and a service to humanity. God should not be blamed for providing us with all we have to be the most powerful black Nation in the world. Even our government shouldn't be blamed too. Why is that most of the people that were regarded failures, pass and third class grade graduates here get outside the nation and excel and do much more better..Let's blame ourselves for refusing to ask questions and demand our rights. We are all guilty of celebrating mediocrity, we are satisfied with poor health facilities. We are satisfied with the absence of social welfare packages for citizens, we are satisfied with Godfatherism. We have been trapped in the web of religious and political drama. By now the scales should have fallen off our eyes. We can now see the actualization of the Nigeria of our dreams coming to reality. This association of unemployed Nigerian graduates looks up to the Nigerians in Diaspora to take charge because you are now exposed to how things are done in the world- in transparency and with the citizens in mind of all. Do anything in your capacity to make this dreams of our come true so you also can come back to your children, parents and society. Join us on facebook.com/naugnigeria for further discussion so we can create an Eldorado for all/jobs for all and peace in Nigeria once again.
Ehis Abuya
Don't forget to be part of the Lagos state inauguration coming up on the 10th and 11th of january 2014

4 Likes

Re: Letter To The Diasporan Nigerians By One angry Naijagraduates by ayobase(m): 4:41pm On Dec 30, 2013
In as much as we are both on the same frequency over this matter, I won't still blame these people, rather the government for not providing an enabling environment. Most of the industries are pulling off due to Electricity and among others.

You want to come down and set up something here in Nigeria, u must be ready to spend more than required.

Sincerely, I might not care about the spendthrifting and corruption in the system if our government would provide the basic amenities without inadequacy.

Still, sacrifice is required from both ends!

1 Like

Re: Letter To The Diasporan Nigerians By One angry Naijagraduates by MrKnowitall: 4:49pm On Dec 30, 2013
Your introduction in the letter is very insulting. First you call them foolish, then you proceed to ask them to come back home.

Why would you use a word like that in a persuasive essay? It's very counterproductive.
And why are you only

addressing Nigerian men (dear brothers)? are there no female Nigerians abroad?

2 Likes

Re: Letter To The Diasporan Nigerians By One angry Naijagraduates by ehixking(m): 7:16am On Dec 31, 2013
Mr Knowitall: Your introduction in the letter is very insulting. First you call them foolish, then you proceed to ask them to come back home.

Why would you use a word like that in a persuasive essay? It's very counterproductive.
And why are you only

addressing Nigerian men (dear brothers)? are there no female Nigerians abroad?
Thanks for the observations and
So sorry if I have insulted anyone but note sir/madam.
1)I never call them foolish...the intro is a proverb(only the wise would understand).
2)This is writing,this is art,this is literature in english,this is poetry and if u are know a bit of all these there is something called "peotic lincense".
So many write ups even the bible refers to both the male and the female folks as man! So brother those not necessarily mean just men.
Thanks once again!!

1 Like

Re: Letter To The Diasporan Nigerians By One angry Naijagraduates by IbokUtoroh(m): 7:53am On Dec 31, 2013
i concur!

1 Like

Re: Letter To The Diasporan Nigerians By One angry Naijagraduates by MrKnowitall: 7:56am On Dec 31, 2013
ehixking:
Thanks for the observations and
So sorry if I have insulted anyone but note sir/madam.
1)I never call them foolish...the intro is a proverb(only the wise would understand).
2)This is writing,this is art,this is literature in english,this is poetry and if u are know a bit of all these there is something called "peotic lincense".
So men write ups even the bible refers to both the male and the female folks as man! So brother those not necessarily mean just men.
Thanks once again!!

I understand your point but its a persuasive essay. And i know this was a proverb because i collect proverbs and i

have hundreds of African proverbs in my collection. By using this proverb you indirectly called them foolish.

Your aim was to persuade Nigerians abroad to relocate home, so why would you start your introduction with

"a foolish man"? What were you trying to accomplish by that? Then you went and said "you are nothing but

exports like our father". Perhaps you should have at least explained yourself before you started with the insults. Your

essay certainly shows your anger and frustration but it fails to persuade. Nigerians in Nigeria might like it but

Nigerians abroad will just be asking themselves: who the fvck is this guy?
Re: Letter To The Diasporan Nigerians By One angry Naijagraduates by ehixking(m): 8:48am On Dec 31, 2013
Mr Knowitall:

I understand your point but its a persuasive essay. And i know this was a proverb because i collect proverbs and i

have hundreds of African proverbs in my collection. By using this proverb you indirectly called them foolish.

Your aim was to persuade Nigerians abroad to relocate home, so why would you start your introduction with

"a foolish man"? What were you trying to accomplish by that? Then you went and said "you are nothing but

exports like our father". Perhaps you should have at least explained yourself before you started with the insults. Your

essay certainly shows your anger and frustration but it fails to persuade. Nigerians in Nigeria might like it but

Nigerians abroad will just be asking themselves: who the fvck is this guy?
Thanks.....and noted
Re: Letter To The Diasporan Nigerians By One angry Naijagraduates by Johnsonpac(m): 9:15am On Dec 31, 2013
This should be a wake up call for the Nigerians in diaspora,with due respects and appeals from all ends please remember your homeland,our graduates are lavishing

1 Like

Re: Letter To The Diasporan Nigerians By One angry Naijagraduates by Wendyslim(f): 10:35am On Dec 31, 2013
It all fall back on our government. Cos if our amenities are put in place nigerians won't have any reason to travel abroad. Just take a look @ the power sector its getting worse by the day. We have dams but a lot of places do not have water ,our roads are so bad dat it takes life almost every day ,our education sector is worse that we spend 7years to run a program of 4years, look at the security sector its little above 50 percent and we expect people not to travel abroad. This is the time for us to stand on our feet and make our leaders fall back on the right track. TOGETHER WE STAND
Re: Letter To The Diasporan Nigerians By One angry Naijagraduates by kemtol(f): 1:11pm On Dec 31, 2013
Can I blame the diasporians? Our govt are. Not making any effort to invite them home, for instance, let's take d issue of electricity. No one will like in America where there is constant power supply and will think of relocating back to Nigeria. Electricity has crippled so many flourishing bizness, even foreign investors are begining to relocate to SA. Let the govt wake up to its responsibilit by making d country accomodating for all and let's see if these Nigrians in diaspora won't come home.

1 Like

Re: Letter To The Diasporan Nigerians By One angry Naijagraduates by zomby(m): 2:20pm On Dec 31, 2013
They will return when Nigerians at home stop being f0olish and elect smart leaders.

Mandela's suggestion: the way forward: “Let me tell you what I think you need to do. You should encourage leaders to emerge who will not confuse public office with sources of making personal wealth. Corrupt people do not make good leaders. Then you have to spend a lot of your resources for education. Educate children of the poor, so that they can get out of poverty. Poverty does not breed confidence. Only confident people can bring changes. Teach young Nigerians the value of hard work and sacrifice, and discourage them from crimes which are destroying your image as a good people.”

As politics is the most lucrative trade in Nigeria, at this time, Nigeria doesn't have much to offer.

1 Like

Re: Letter To The Diasporan Nigerians By One angry Naijagraduates by Nobody: 4:11pm On Dec 31, 2013
Wow! Well written @ op. @Mrknow it all, in as much as you were able to convey d msg in d write-up, pls dont derail or confuse d thread. Nigerians in diaspora would know d 'foolish' in d passage was meant proverbially. Thanks.

Now, it's almost impossibe for nigerians in diaspora to think of coming back home cos 1st, d enabling environment isn't provided. The govt is not doing anything to improve in d decayed infrastructures across d nation. Like someone had said, if enabling environment is created by govt, then business would thrive and unemployment would be drastically reduced. Thank God ANGAU is here to address and bring to all end the killing cankerworm.

Diasporans, we beg you all, please, remember ur home. Remember how ur brothers and sisters are suffering back here. Come back home and help alleviate suffering from your brothers and sisters. God bless you all.

ANGAU...together, we stand and divided, we fall.

1 Like

Re: Letter To The Diasporan Nigerians By One angry Naijagraduates by naijagraduates: 4:55pm On Dec 31, 2013
@redbenson...thanks a million
Our home is our home
Let's us invest here, if we have industries jobs would be sufficient,
Not only those indiaspora cos even must of this politicians go abroad to build refineries...imagine that
So even go to togo!
Its really heartbreaking.
Re: Letter To The Diasporan Nigerians By One angry Naijagraduates by MrKnowitall: 5:07pm On Dec 31, 2013
Exposure and education is what Nigerians need to fix and develop Nigeria. So I believe more Nigerians should travel abroad.

Besides, I dont know why you want people to leave their comfortable lives to go suffer in Nigeria.

The truth is, there is no reason for Nigerians abroad to relocate back to Nigeria, no reason at all. Leave them alone to enjoy

their lives please. Nigerians abroad send billions of dollars every year to their family in Nigeria so why do you want

to be an ingrate? Anyways, I apologize but the burden is on Nigerians in Nigeria to fix the place.

1 Like

Re: Letter To The Diasporan Nigerians By One angry Naijagraduates by ehixking(m): 5:31pm On Dec 31, 2013
Mr Knowitall: Exposure and education is what Nigerians need to fix and develop Nigeria. So I believe more Nigerians should travel abroad.

Besides, I dont know why you want people to leave their comfortable lives to go suffer in Nigeria.

The truth is, there is no reason for Nigerians abroad to relocate back to Nigeria, no reason at all. Leave them alone to enjoy

their lives please. Nigerians abroad send billions of dollars every year to their family in Nigeria so why do you want

to be an ingrate? Anyways, I apologize but the burden is on Nigerians in Nigeria to fix the place.
Well said mr.know it all- Let them keep sending money now......so one day they would either come back to pay ransom to kidnappers or come home to bury their people after hungry-angry armed robbers might have played their parts.
Once u are a Nigerian u are a Nigerian no matter how far you travel...this should be a collective effort!!!
Re: Letter To The Diasporan Nigerians By One angry Naijagraduates by naijagraduates: 5:54pm On Dec 31, 2013
When diasporan Nigerians come home, everywhere looks dirty to them,the schools the attended they call garbage, even their mothers food becomes something else to their mouths.
When they see graduates trying hard to make a living the conclude he's lazy(in England we work for our money- don't forget nowhere to even work and be paid according to hard work-labourers are exploited in Naija)...since they are the original "Mr Know it all" let them come home and fix things naaah..
Re: Letter To The Diasporan Nigerians By One angry Naijagraduates by MrKnowitall: 6:02pm On Dec 31, 2013
ehixking:
Well said mr.know it all- Let them keep sending money now......so one day they would either come back to pay ransom to kidnappers or come home to bury their people after hungry-angry armed robbers might have played their parts.
Once u are a Nigerian u are a Nigerian no matter how far you travel...this should be a collective effort!!!

You say improving Nigeria is a collective effort and I agree with you. Nigerians abroad send home billions of dollars every year to aid their families. Hundreds of different organizations formed by Nigerians abroad build hospitals and schools in Nigeria every year. So I dont understand you are they not doing their part? Are they not making an effort to improve Nigeria? What more do you want? Why are you insisting that they come back to Nigeria? Why do they have to be in Nigeria for their efforts to count? Instead of trying to force people to move back to nigeria why dont you motivate the ones at home to do better? Please dont be an ingrate my friend.

1 Like

Re: Letter To The Diasporan Nigerians By One angry Naijagraduates by naijagraduates: 6:56pm On Dec 31, 2013
Mr Knowitall:

You say improving Nigeria is a collective effort and I agree with you. Nigerians abroad send home billions of dollars every year to aid their families. Hundreds of different organizations formed by Nigerians abroad build hospitals and schools in Nigeria every year. So I dont understand you are they not doing their part? Are they not making an effort to improve Nigeria? What more do you want? Why are you insisting that they come back to Nigeria? Why do they have to be in Nigeria for their efforts to count? Instead of trying to force people to move back to nigeria why dont you motivate the ones at home to do better? Please dont be an ingrate my friend.
Forcing people to come back??....that's a joke!
Re: Letter To The Diasporan Nigerians By One angry Naijagraduates by ehixking(m): 7:01pm On Dec 31, 2013
Forcing people to come back....that's a joke!why naah!!!!
Do you understand what collective effort means?
Both Nigerians home and abroad...I mentioned it in all my post my dear!!
Read!!!!!!!!!!!!??
Re: Letter To The Diasporan Nigerians By One angry Naijagraduates by ehixking(m): 8:30pm On Jan 02, 2014
ehixking: Letter to the Diasporan Nigerians by the Naijagraduates

Only a foolish man dances in a neighbours party while his house is on fire. Dear brothers- you absconded and feels finally you are free. A rich man amongst a thousand poor men is as poor as a church mice. The Naijagraduates have been shouting about the rate of unemployment in our country yet you all wait and watch for a messiah to come from nowhere!
You are nothing but exports like our fathers cocoa. All you do is send money to your families encouraging them to spend sleepless nights at the UK and US embassies and pay bond of thousand of pounds.
Its time to look inward and take advantage of the environment that God has given to us freely. Finland and Norway are one of the most developed countries in the world because of their human capital. You all go abroad and stay back like the you've finally made it.
Quite a number of experts across the world are Nigerians. You will find them in every field of human endeavour. Recent statistics by the Central Bank of Nigeria showed that about 215,000 medical consultants in the United Kingdom are Nigerians. There are quite other professions too where you find Nigerians excelling. Mandella was hospitalised for months and never was it mentioned that he traveled abroad for treatments. 215000 consultants in the UK alone...if all these can form a group like the Naijagraduates and come back home and request for enabling environment we won't see senators,governors or even presidents travelling abroad for treatment.The world is moving at a very fast pace and Nigeria shouldn't be an exception. No matter the length of time you stay abroad, you must come back home. Has the FG bothered to check out how much money embassies such as the British, American, Dutch, French, South African all make in a year from Nigerians? How many Nigerians, legitimate ones, that apply are given these Visas, how many are denied? are these nations responsible to us or the other way round Whatever happens, home is home. There will come a time when those economies will be tired of you because they would have exploited virtually all your endowments and you are left in the cold. Where do you look up to? Only Nigerians can invest in Nigeria. Nigerians in the diaspora should also join us in this fight against unemployment because they are also part of us and if Nigeria was a better place they won't travel abroad in the first place. We want you all to know this is a clarion call and a service to humanity. God should not be blamed for providing us with all we have to be the most powerful black Nation in the world. Even our government shouldn't be blamed too. Why is it that most of the people that were regarded failures, pass and third class grade graduates here get outside the nation and excel and do much more better..Let's blame ourselves for refusing to ask questions and demand our rights. We are all guilty of celebrating mediocrity, we are satisfied with poor health facilities. We are satisfied with the absence of social welfare packages for citizens, we are satisfied with Godfatherism. We have been trapped in the web of religious and political drama. By now the scales should have fallen off our eyes. We can now see the actualization of the Nigeria of our dreams coming to reality. This association of unemployed Nigerian graduates looks up to the Nigerians in Diaspora to take charge because you are now exposed to how things are done in the world- in transparency and with the citizens in mind of all. Do anything in your capacity to make this dreams of our come true so you also can come back to your children, parents and society. Join us on facebook.com/naugnigeria for further discussion so we can create an Eldorado for all/jobs for all and peace in Nigeria once again.
Ehis Abuya
Don't forget to be part of the Lagos state inauguration coming up on the 10th and 11th of january 2014
Re: Letter To The Diasporan Nigerians By One angry Naijagraduates by DerideGull(m): 9:38pm On Jan 02, 2014
@OP

You were able to cite example of countries such as Finland, Dutch, Norway and France where you claimed citizens are human capital. However the countries can not be compared to Nigeria in terms of internal homogeneity.

Most people in Diaspora are willing to come home if Nigeria is disintegrated thereby creating nation states where people have cultural affinity that could allow citizens to foster unity and patriotism. The need for one is the same for another and state of origin will be a thing of distance past. Nations were merits will replace sectionalism and quota system.

Nobody would want to come to a country where certain groups of people are granted free lunch in the name of quota system. Nigeria represents everything that is wrong with a country.
Re: Letter To The Diasporan Nigerians By One angry Naijagraduates by ISpiksDaTroof: 10:12pm On Jan 02, 2014
ehixking: Letter to the Diasporan Nigerians by the Naijagraduates

Only a foolish man dances in a neighbours party while he's house is on fire. Dear brothers- you absconded and feels finally you are free. A rich man amongst a thousand poor men is as poor as a church mice. The Naijagraduates have been shouting about the rate of unemployment in our country yet you all wait and watch for a messiah to come from nowhere!
Quite a number of experts across the world are Nigerians. You will find them in every field of human endeavour. Recent statistics by the Central Bank of Nigeria showed that about 215,000 medical consultants in the United Kingdom are Nigerians. There are quite other professions too where you find Nigerians excelling. Mandella was hospitalised for months and never was it mentioned that he traveled abroad for treatments. 215000 consultants in the UK alone...if all these can form a group like the Naijagraduates and come back home and request for enabling environment we won't see senators,governors or even presidents travelling abroad for treatment.The world is moving at a very fast pace and Nigeria shouldn't be an exception. No matter the length of time you stay abroad, you must come back home. Has the FG bothered to check out how much money embassies such as the British, American, Dutch, French, South African all make in a year from Nigerians? How many Nigerians, legitimate ones, that apply are given these Visas, how many are denied? are these nations responsible to us or the other way round Whatever happens, home is home. There will come a time when those economies will be tired of you because they would have exploited virtually all your endowments and you are left in the cold. Where do you look up to? Only Nigerians can invest in Nigeria. Nigerians in the diaspora should also join us in this fight against unemployment because they are also part of us and if Nigeria was a better place they won't travel abroad in the first place. We want you all to know this is a clarion call and a service to humanity. God should not be blamed for providing us with all we have to be the most powerful black Nation in the world. Even our government shouldn't be blamed too. Why is that most of the people that were regarded failures, pass and third class grade graduates here get outside the nation and excel and do much more better..Let's blame ourselves for refusing to ask questions and demand our rights. We are all guilty of celebrating mediocrity, we are satisfied with poor health facilities. We are satisfied with the absence of social welfare packages for citizens, we are satisfied with Godfatherism. We have been trapped in the web of religious and political drama. By now the scales should have fallen off our eyes. We can now see the actualization of the Nigeria of our dreams coming to reality. This association of unemployed Nigerian graduates looks up to the Nigerians in Diaspora to take charge because you are now exposed to how things are done in the world- in transparency and with the citizens in mind of all. Do anything in your capacity to make this dreams of our come true so you also can come back to your children, parents and society. Join us on facebook.com/naugnigeria for further discussion so we can create an Eldorado for all/jobs for all and peace in Nigeria once again.
Ehis Abuya
Fight for an enabling, codusive and welcoming environment.... task your government on accountability, frown on tribalism and religious madness and I bet you a lot of Nigerians--- even those that were born and raised out here--- will file to Nigeria in droves. But, if you think someone will leave his or her comfort zone to come reside amongst people that will rather act like unthinking animals encouraging corruption and other types of insanity, your dream is taking too long and itd be advisable to slap yourself awake.
Re: Letter To The Diasporan Nigerians By One angry Naijagraduates by ISpiksDaTroof: 10:13pm On Jan 02, 2014
DerideGull: @OP

You were able to cite example of countries such as Finland, Dutch, Norway and France where you claimed citizens are human capital. However the countries can not be compared to Nigeria in terms of internal homogeneity.

Most people in Diaspora are willing to come home if Nigeria is disintegrated thereby creating nation states where people have cultural affinity that could allow citizens to foster unity and patriotism. The need for one is the same for another and state of origin will be a thing of distance past. Nations were merits will replace sectionalism and quota system.

Nobody would want to come to a country where certain groups of people are granted free lunch in the name of quota system. Nigeria represents everything that is wrong with a country.
You need to take your medication more often.

1 Like

Re: Letter To The Diasporan Nigerians By One angry Naijagraduates by ehixking(m): 10:35pm On Jan 02, 2014
Y'all have spoken very well
We'all have good points
Nigerians in Nigeria cant do it alone- the government are too powerful, the have all the police,milliatry,SANs and everyone on their side...all we can do here is talk and talk bull and jack shit but diasporans would be heard and taken more seriously..
Nigerians at home have everything to loose. We still operate like we aint in a democratic society...the voice of Nigerians in diaspora would be heard d loudest ...that why am trynna pep them up to take actions
Anyway....May God show us his mercies before things get out of hand...
Thanks everyone
Re: Letter To The Diasporan Nigerians By One angry Naijagraduates by Brimmie(m): 11:02pm On Jan 02, 2014
Re: Letter To The Diasporan Nigerians By One angry Naijagraduates by naijagraduates: 5:58am On Jan 03, 2014
Johnsonpac: This should be a wake up call for the Nigerians in diaspora,with due respects and appeals from all ends please remember your homeland,our graduates are lavishing
Re: Letter To The Diasporan Nigerians By One angry Naijagraduates by SLIDEwaxie(m): 7:04am On Jan 03, 2014
Instead of u to leave these people to be washing their toilets there and be making theiir cash...u dey ask dem to flush back here.

U get toilet to wash? Abi u don get job for them ni?

(1) (Reply)

EFCC Closes Case In Trial Of FFK Over Alleged Money Laundering / OMISORE Is The Man / Abuja Based Cleric Predicts Another Bomb Attack In Abuja, Plane Crash Involving

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.