Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,886 members, 7,814,003 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 12:08 AM

Cm11 Alpha Out For Htc G2 & Saga ( Android Kitkat) - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Cm11 Alpha Out For Htc G2 & Saga ( Android Kitkat) (1206 Views)

How To Manually Upgrade Android Kitkat OS To Lollipop 5.1 OS / HTC G2 (Android Phone) Owners Thread / Htc G2 T-mobile Internet Manual Configuration Settings (etisalat) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Cm11 Alpha Out For Htc G2 & Saga ( Android Kitkat) by Nobody: 7:32am On Dec 30, 2013
This is why I love my HTC G2, it may be an old Android phone but with it's one of a kind snapdragon chip set, it manages to keep up with more recent devices.
Now good news for G2 and SAGA users, you can have Android kitkat running on your supposedly outdated device today, It's CyanogenMod 11 ROM modded further by Andromadus, He's an XDA Developers mod, he's given a lot of support to the HTC G2 over the years, so special thanks to him.

Before I post the link I just want to remind you that this is an alpha build and there'll be bugs, so it's advisable to have a little patience and wait for the final build or atleast until it gets out of Alpha.
If you can't wait here you go:

http://andromadus.flinny.org/

DON'T FORGET TO BACKUP YOUR CURRENT ROM.
Re: Cm11 Alpha Out For Htc G2 & Saga ( Android Kitkat) by Nobody: 1:03pm On Dec 30, 2013
Very unstable, so many bugs.flashed itlastt week it was so smooth and fast but could not play my fifa 14 on it cuz it was a little slow and cracky, so I had to remove it and go back to jb 4.2.2 even 4.3 jb is out 4 dis device.
This device is a legacy the display alone is far more better than any techno around... Even the more rated phantom A3.
Re: Cm11 Alpha Out For Htc G2 & Saga ( Android Kitkat) by Nobody: 3:10pm On Dec 30, 2013
murimoney: Very unstable, so many bugs.flashed itlastt week it was so smooth and fast but could not play my fifa 14 on it cuz it was a little slow and cracky, so I had to remove it and go back to jb 4.2.2 even 4.3 jb is out 4 dis device.
This device is a legacy the display alone is far more better than any techno around... Even the more rated phantom A3.

Got that right!

What ROM did you flash? was it stock or this one in particular or maybe a different one entirely? it would nice to have more options.
Re: Cm11 Alpha Out For Htc G2 & Saga ( Android Kitkat) by Nobody: 5:42pm On Dec 30, 2013
wallflower:

Got that right!

What ROM did you flash? was it stock or this one in particular or maybe a different one entirely? it would nice to have more options.
the kitkat u are talking about, its smooth but buggy(unstable) wink
Re: Cm11 Alpha Out For Htc G2 & Saga ( Android Kitkat) by Mazeed23: 7:35pm On Dec 30, 2013
It's gonna get stable. Currently running Android 4.4.2 on my Galaxy Infuse 4g, I haven't notice any bug. My phone is reborn

(1) (Reply)

How To Develop An Android App On An Android Device / Best 5 Browsers For Android Smartphones And Tablets / Airtel NG Introduces New Cheapest Tarrif Plan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.