Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,474 members, 7,819,725 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:47 PM

How To Manually Upgrade Android Kitkat OS To Lollipop 5.1 OS - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / How To Manually Upgrade Android Kitkat OS To Lollipop 5.1 OS (4885 Views)

See Pictures Of The New Itel A32F Smartphone With Android 8.1 OS / What Is The Difference Between Kitkat, Lollipop, Jellybean, Marshmallow? / How To Upgrade Infinix Hot Note To Lollipop 5.1 [hot Thread] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Manually Upgrade Android Kitkat OS To Lollipop 5.1 OS by adren(m): 1:24pm On Nov 11, 2015
I got my injoo halo phone via jumia.. the specifications wowed me at first..
I was however surprised when I saw that a phone which was earlier stated to have a lollipop OS only has a kitkat OS.. I have tried updating from the system update settings but, it always notifies me that my phone is up to date..

I hope someone can help me on what to do to upgrade it manually without crashing the phone ooo abeg..

please comment..

cc lalasticlala
Re: How To Manually Upgrade Android Kitkat OS To Lollipop 5.1 OS by DPABLOG(f): 1:25pm On Nov 11, 2015
Noted grin
Re: How To Manually Upgrade Android Kitkat OS To Lollipop 5.1 OS by Panshow(m): 4:01pm On Nov 11, 2015
You can only upgrade to Lollipop if an update is available over the air. This simply mean that injoo are yet to deploy Lollipop for that particular brand you are using. And again, you need to be sure that your phone have OTA capability.
The only alternative is to search the Internet to see if there's lollipop custom rom available for your device, then you can download and flash it via recovery.

1 Like

Re: How To Manually Upgrade Android Kitkat OS To Lollipop 5.1 OS by Nobody: 5:48pm On Nov 11, 2015
I have step to do the upgrade
My numba 08170545606
Re: How To Manually Upgrade Android Kitkat OS To Lollipop 5.1 OS by Nobody: 5:49pm On Nov 11, 2015
adren:
I was however surprised when I saw that a phone which was earlier stated to have a lollipop OS only has a kitkat OS.. I have tried updating from the system update settings but, it always notifies me that my phone is up to date..

I hope someone can help me on what to do to upgrade it manually without crashing the phone ooo abeg..

please comment..

cc lalasticlala
If you r waiting for ota update i feel sorry for u
Jst upgraded mine
Re: How To Manually Upgrade Android Kitkat OS To Lollipop 5.1 OS by Vicboi1(m): 9:18pm On Nov 11, 2015
adren:

please comment..

cc lalasticlala
I wished u were using infinix I would have done it for u because today I just upgraded my hot to 5.03 lolipop

Re: How To Manually Upgrade Android Kitkat OS To Lollipop 5.1 OS by Spymate: 9:29pm On Nov 11, 2015
Vicboi1:

I wished u were using infinix I would have done it for u because today I just upgraded my hot to 5.03 lolipop
i have infinix hot pls help me with d upgrade steps
Re: How To Manually Upgrade Android Kitkat OS To Lollipop 5.1 OS by Vicboi1(m): 11:12pm On Nov 11, 2015
Spymate:
i have infinix hot pls help me with d upgrade steps

have u tried using system update
Re: How To Manually Upgrade Android Kitkat OS To Lollipop 5.1 OS by MilesLamar(m): 12:15am On Nov 12, 2015
Lollipop cheap for my area.. kids Love it.
Re: How To Manually Upgrade Android Kitkat OS To Lollipop 5.1 OS by Baroba(m): 1:39am On Nov 12, 2015
adren:

please comment..

cc lalasticlala

Try this first to see if you can force the update ( i.e only if Innjoo has pushed it out) if not you will have to download the rom and flash it using MTK tools.. Go to settings on your phone, navigate to apps, find Google service framework, tap on it, tap force stop and clear data. Now go back to update and try again..

Here is the rom if that didn't work, android Lollipop 5.1 for your device from Innjoo website, anyway, you will need a PC with internet and little bit of know how to flash it, the have provided a guide or get a friend its not difficult at all..

http://www.innjoo.com/ProductDetail/HALO/Download

Check your model number, one is for Egypt, no flash that one..

1 Like

Re: How To Manually Upgrade Android Kitkat OS To Lollipop 5.1 OS by hghg5454: 6:00am On Nov 12, 2015
Upgrade

Re: How To Manually Upgrade Android Kitkat OS To Lollipop 5.1 OS by Spymate: 6:02am On Nov 12, 2015
Vicboi1:

have u tried using system update
no
bt can i do it even as d phone is rooted and is it possible for me to root it after upgrade?
Re: How To Manually Upgrade Android Kitkat OS To Lollipop 5.1 OS by Vicboi1(m): 11:59am On Nov 12, 2015
Spymate:

no
bt can i do it even as d phone is rooted and is it possible for me to root it after upgrade?

Bro pls unroot your phone before upgrade because if ur phone is rotted and you upgraded ur phone would be bricked that Is what I did and I spent up 3k to get my phone back so unroot ur phone and upgrade it
Re: How To Manually Upgrade Android Kitkat OS To Lollipop 5.1 OS by Vicboi1(m): 12:02pm On Nov 12, 2015
Spymate:

no
Bro pls unroot your phone before upgrade because if ur phone is rotted and you upgraded ur phone would be bricked that Is what I did and I spent up 3k to get my phone back so unroot ur phone and upgrade it
Re: How To Manually Upgrade Android Kitkat OS To Lollipop 5.1 OS by Vicboi1(m): 12:03pm On Nov 12, 2015
Spymate:

no
Re: How To Manually Upgrade Android Kitkat OS To Lollipop 5.1 OS by Spymate: 9:23pm On Nov 12, 2015
Vicboi1:

after upgrade to lollipop can i still root the phone
Re: How To Manually Upgrade Android Kitkat OS To Lollipop 5.1 OS by Vicboi1(m): 11:29pm On Nov 12, 2015
Spymate:
after upgrade to lollipop can i still root the phone
Yes that's what I did
Re: How To Manually Upgrade Android Kitkat OS To Lollipop 5.1 OS by bobo65(m): 3:15am On Nov 13, 2015
Vicboi1:

Do U know a good app for unrooting?

I Don check Google tire
And there is no laptop at hand
Re: How To Manually Upgrade Android Kitkat OS To Lollipop 5.1 OS by Vicboi1(m): 9:13am On Nov 13, 2015
bobo65:

Do U know a good app for unrooting?
I Don check Google tire And there is no laptop at hand
Supersu
Re: How To Manually Upgrade Android Kitkat OS To Lollipop 5.1 OS by bobo65(m): 3:27am On Nov 14, 2015
Vicboi1:

Supersu

It has never updated its binary before, always getting unsuccessful message
Re: How To Manually Upgrade Android Kitkat OS To Lollipop 5.1 OS by Vicboi1(m): 11:53am On Nov 14, 2015
bobo65:

It has never updated its binary before, always getting unsuccessful message
Do U have the latest kingo root
Re: How To Manually Upgrade Android Kitkat OS To Lollipop 5.1 OS by bobo65(m): 11:54am On Nov 14, 2015
Vicboi1:

Do U have the latest kingo root

I have unroofed it

Yet still no update via ota

(1) (Reply)

MTN Nigeria Achieves 42.1% (52.3 Million) Subscriber Share / NIN: Prepare For Consequences, NIMC Threatens Unregistered Nigerians. / Tecno Spark 7 Launched With 6.53 Display, 6,000 Mah Battery

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.