Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,839 members, 7,810,226 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:52 AM

Get Employed In 2014: 3 X 3 Tips - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Get Employed In 2014: 3 X 3 Tips (2320 Views)

Warri Youths Protests Because 80% Hausa People Got Employed In PTI / Are Married Women Hardly Employed In Most Companies? / How You Can Be Gainfully Employed In 30 Days Or Less From Today! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Get Employed In 2014: 3 X 3 Tips by mycvclinic: 10:07am On Dec 30, 2013
It's the last Monday in 2013 and if you are one of the millions that are still seeking employment, it's not time to fold your arms and wallow about in self pity. Here's how to get it right in 2014!

1. Smarter Job Search

i. Focus
When it comes to job search, I've discovered that the major challenge for most of us jobseekers is that we really do not know what we want. For some of us, we have taken the path of "I can do anything you are willing to give me" because we have this notion that there are no jobs out there and we should make ourselves available for everything and just take whatever we see. If this is your view to jobsearch, you are wrong! If you search for jobs with the belief that there are simply no jobs and you out to take whatever is available, you might be within close range of your ideal job (matches your interest, skills etc) but instead you settle something else just cos it's what your eyes have seen first and you do not know what you want.
What is your focus? What is your interest? What can you do?
A lack of focus is very evident on your CV, your attitude to job interviews and also how you perform on your jobs when you get one.
Before you go ahead searching for job, determine your focus and an ideal career path.
Yesterday I received a CV for review and the message with it was "I studied economics so I can work in any industry or job". How is that possible?
Click the following links to learn about Career Path:
http://www.thekrine.com/blog/q-a-does-yomi-need-a-job-or-career-path/
http://www.thekrine.com/blog/career-path-do-you-have-one/

ii. Create your resume (paper & digital)
Haven discovered your focus, the task of creating your CV gets more meaningful and doable. A CV simply portrays your focus (interest, skills, abilities, aspirations). When preparing a CV, do not restrict yourself to the regular paper version. Create a profile for yourself on the career pages of companies, social media (LinkedIn, Facebook and even Twitter). I know people have gotten jobs just from how intelligent/smart they come across from their tweets. Recruiters these days headhunt and are no longer depending strictly on the job adverts they put out. Last week my colleague sent me a LinkedIn profile asking me to contact the lady to see if she was a right fit for a position we were trying to create and she has gotten the job just like that. Try different things and don't restrict yourself to your paper resume and job adverts.
Also, ensure your digital/social resume speaks good about you. A lot of us carry on very recklessly online and unknown to us, recruiters do a background check of us online. The views and photos you share online, do they put you in a good light?

The following link should guide you when preparing your CV: http://www.thekrine.com/blog/category/writing-a-cv/

iii. Apply for Jobs
You might be wondering why I've included Apply for Jobs because it sounds like what all job seekers do right? Well not really! A lot of us do not apply for jobs, we simply send our CVs to recruiters without saying why we are doing so. I've placed several job ads on Nairaland and a couple of other websites/jobs boards and it is shocking what some of us send out in the name of applications. How do you expect to be taken seriously by a recruiter when your application is an email with no subject and no covering letter or message in the body of the email? Some of us even forward our previous applications and leave the FW:FW:FW" inscription and content of several forwarded mail.
Prepare a new application for every job you apply for. It sounds tedious but it is doable and an effective manner of applying for jobs. When I was searching for a job, the subject of my email was always in the format "Application: Finance Manager" or whatever the jobtitle of the advert. On the body of the email, I paste my covering letter which I always tailored to the job I was applying for. Do not be in such a hurry when applying for jobs, recruiters are looking for the best candidate NOT the first candidate.

2. Take Control and Ace The Interview

i. Preparation is key
The secret to having a successful job interview is preparation. That way, you reduce the probability of being taken unawares by questions you are asked during the interview. Some of us get so nervous at interviews (nothing wrong with this, you're human!) but this is made worse when you have not prepared. If you are the type that forgets things when nervous, start preparing early, do a mock interview and get a friend to ask you random interview questions. Also, there are so many free resources online to guide you through interviews so it is quite disheartening to meet candidates who come in for interviews and give single sentence answers, look distracted and just act lost. Most of us lose job opportunities at the first question 'introduce yourself or 'tell me about yourself'.
I was at an interview recently, introduced myself and my colleague. Told the candidate what we do and how the interview was going to run. I asked her to tell me about herself and her response was something like this "My name is Jane, 26 years old, from a family of 4" (Then she looked back at me and smiled and went silent). I asked her to tell me more about herself and she smiled again but this time wider and said 'I'm single'. She had not said anything relevant to being there for the interview and it was such a waste of my time. Looking at her CV and seeing how poorly prepared she was, I felt duped.
An interview is one more opportunity for you to sell yourself to a recruiter and the Introduce Yourself question is one of the most important questions during interviews. Don't be so confident that you have such good grades from university and that you do not have to say much to get a job. The questions you are asked during interviews are not just an attempt to create conversation; it's for you to convince the recruiter that you are the right fit for the job. Every single thing you say (or fail to say) has an effect of putting you closer or further away from that employment letter.
There are many free resources online and I have a few on my blog www.thekrine.com.
Click the following link for a better response to the About You interview question: http://www.thekrine.com/blog/job-interview-questions-tips-tell-me-about-yourself/

ii. Speak Appropriately
I had a candidate recently tell me she quit her last job after 1 week on the job. It was a business development role with Diamond Bank and in her words 'the job required me to do things I am against'. This statement just made no sense to me and I tried to push it further for clarification and her response was 'you know now' and I just lost interest immediately. Why and also how you left your last job is so important to recruiters because it shows your attitude to work, work ethics and much more.
When you go for an interview prepared, you'd have an idea of how to tackle these questions appropriately, in a professional manner. Don't blurt out words like you're at a club having a drink with friends. Speak smartly.
Also, make sure you have researched the company and have an idea on how your role fits in to the core objectives of that company. This is so important as it gives you an opportunity to align yourself and your role to the success of the company.

iii. Appearance & composure matters
I won't spend a lot of time/words on this one but if you are going for an interview, make sure you are dressed formally, very formally. Wear appropriate clothes (you can never go wrong with a suit) and appropriate shoes. For us ladies - the multicoloured nail trend does not quite cut it formally. It's actually distracting (in a bad way) seeing your five fingers with different shades of paint - mix of blue, green and pink nails up in the air.
Also, sit up during the interview, don't slouch your back or spin your chair around. Do not chew gum and also ensure you put your phone on silent during your interview.

3. GROW
Congratulations, you’ve applied for a job, aced the interview and accepted a job offer. How do you keep the job and most importantly grow your career?

I'd like to discuss this final part and all points mentioned above with users of this forum.

I'd round it up from 4:30PM tomorrow (Tuesday 31st December) with a live chat via www.twitter.com/thekrine (@thekrine) with harshtags #SmartCareer2014

Please join in and drop your questions and observations here. Don't stay in the dark someone on this forum could give you a tip that will land you a job in the new year. It's not magic.

Cheers

4 Likes

Re: Get Employed In 2014: 3 X 3 Tips by johnstan(m): 4:12pm On Dec 30, 2013
Thanks for your post. I will be passing outta service by feb 2014 and i would really love to get a good job immediately afterwards. I know dis your post here is very important but been a novice at this i would really appreciate it if you would as well drop links of job vacancies when convenient thanks a lot. This is my email by d way culjon@yahoo.com.
Re: Get Employed In 2014: 3 X 3 Tips by mycvclinic: 5:14pm On Dec 30, 2013
Hello johnstan,

We will certainly discuss how to search for jobs and various website/jobs boards to use for job search.

A good starting point is here on Nairaland Jobs/Vacancies section. I find most job openings in Nigeria are posted here and you can interact with other jobseekers too.

What type of job are you searching for? Do you have a CV?

johnstan: Thanks for your post. I will be passing outta service by feb 2014 and i would really love to get a good job immediately afterwards. I know dis your post here is very important but been a novice at this i would really appreciate it if you would as well drop links of job vacancies when convenient thanks a lot. This is my email by d way culjon@yahoo.com.
Re: Get Employed In 2014: 3 X 3 Tips by oremisussan: 6:06pm On Dec 30, 2013
Hi cvclinic,
Great insight. I, like most job seekers am not completely ignorant of these tips, only I take them for granted.

I sure have a date with you on twitter tomorrow. 4pm, right?

But then, I'd love you to help review my resume. How do I get that across to you? My resume as it is today isn't getting me as much calls as I hope it would.
Re: Get Employed In 2014: 3 X 3 Tips by mycvclinic: 6:22pm On Dec 30, 2013
Hello oremisussan,

You can send your CV to info@thekrine.com

I currently have about 35 CVs inbox but for the sake of this chat I could quickly look at yours and send back to you tonight.

The chat will start fully at 4:30PM tomorrow.

Cheers

oremisussan: Hi cvclinic,
Great insight. I, like most job seekers am not completely ignorant of these tips, only I take them for granted.
I sure have a date with you on twitter tomorrow. 4pm, right?
But then, I'd love you to help review my resume. How do I get that across to you? My resume as it is today isn't getting me as much calls as I hope it would.
Re: Get Employed In 2014: 3 X 3 Tips by oremisussan: 7:27pm On Dec 30, 2013
mycvclinic: Hello oremisussan,
You can send your CV to info@thekrine.com
I currently have about 35 CVs inbox but for the sake of this chat I could quickly look at yours and send back to you tonight.
The chat will start fully at 4:30PM tomorrow.
Cheers

Thanks a whole lot. Sent. Please, confirm receipt.
Re: Get Employed In 2014: 3 X 3 Tips by johnstan(m): 7:50pm On Dec 30, 2013
mycvclinic: Hello johnstan,

We will certainly discuss how to search for jobs and various website/jobs boards to use for job search.

A good starting point is here on Nairaland Jobs/Vacancies section. I find most job openings in Nigeria are posted here and you can interact with other jobseekers too.

What type of job are you searching for? Do you have a CV?

kk i read industrial physics in school so am not really a professional in anyfield so to say that's why sometimes ah get confused when asked what kinda job are u looking for but nevertheless ah would love to work in the engineering sector. I have prepared my cv buh haven't prepared my resume yet. Any tip?
Re: Get Employed In 2014: 3 X 3 Tips by Estorico: 8:02pm On Dec 30, 2013
Thank you 'mycvclinic' for this. However,I would like to send you my cv as well so that you could help me make some adjustment(s) where necessary. Thanks a lot.
Re: Get Employed In 2014: 3 X 3 Tips by funmi4(f): 3:25am On Dec 31, 2013
Thanks for your time taken to help the public.

I will participate in the video chat today.

I sent you a mail with the subject "I need your guidance" I will be glad if you can please read my mail,I know you are sure very busy so I do appreciate your time taken to read through mail etc.

I want you to have an idea of what my challenges could be

Thanks

mycvclinic: It's the last Monday in 2013 and if you are one of the millions that are still seeking employment, it's not time to fold your arms and wallow about in self pity. Here's how to get it right in 2014!

1. Smarter Job Search

i. Focus
When it comes to job search, I've discovered that the major challenge for most of us jobseekers is that we really do not know what we want. For some of us, we have taken the path of "I can do anything you are willing to give me" because we have this notion that there are no jobs out there and we should make ourselves available for everything and just take whatever we see. If this is your view to jobsearch, you are wrong! If you search for jobs with the belief that there are simply no jobs and you out to take whatever is available, you might be within close range of your ideal job (matches your interest, skills etc) but instead you settle something else just cos it's what your eyes have seen first and you do not know what you want.
What is your focus? What is your interest? What can you do?
A lack of focus is very evident on your CV, your attitude to job interviews and also how you perform on your jobs when you get one.
Before you go ahead searching for job, determine your focus and an ideal career path.
Yesterday I received a CV for review and the message with it was "I studied economics so I can work in any industry or job". How is that possible?
Click the following links to learn about Career Path:
http://www.thekrine.com/blog/q-a-does-yomi-need-a-job-or-career-path/
http://www.thekrine.com/blog/career-path-do-you-have-one/

ii. Create your resume (paper & digital)
Haven discovered your focus, the task of creating your CV gets more meaningful and doable. A CV simply portrays your focus (interest, skills, abilities, aspirations). When preparing a CV, do not restrict yourself to the regular paper version. Create a profile for yourself on the career pages of companies, social media (LinkedIn, Facebook and even Twitter). I know people have gotten jobs just from how intelligent/smart they come across from their tweets. Recruiters these days headhunt and are no longer depending strictly on the job adverts they put out. Last week my colleague sent me a LinkedIn profile asking me to contact the lady to see if she was a right fit for a position we were trying to create and she has gotten the job just like that. Try different things and don't restrict yourself to your paper resume and job adverts.
Also, ensure your digital/social resume speaks good about you. A lot of us carry on very recklessly online and unknown to us, recruiters do a background check of us online. The views and photos you share online, do they put you in a good light?

The following link should guide you when preparing your CV: http://www.thekrine.com/blog/category/writing-a-cv/

iii. Apply for Jobs
You might be wondering why I've included Apply for Jobs because it sounds like what all job seekers do right? Well not really! A lot of us do not apply for jobs, we simply send our CVs to recruiters without saying why we are doing so. I've placed several job ads on Nairaland and a couple of other websites/jobs boards and it is shocking what some of us send out in the name of applications. How do you expect to be taken seriously by a recruiter when your application is an email with no subject and no covering letter or message in the body of the email? Some of us even forward our previous applications and leave the FW:FW:FW" inscription and content of several forwarded mail.
Prepare a new application for every job you apply for. It sounds tedious but it is doable and an effective manner of applying for jobs. When I was searching for a job, the subject of my email was always in the format "Application: Finance Manager" or whatever the jobtitle of the advert. On the body of the email, I paste my covering letter which I always tailored to the job I was applying for. Do not be in such a hurry when applying for jobs, recruiters are looking for the best candidate NOT the first candidate.

2. Take Control and Ace The Interview

i. Preparation is key
The secret to having a successful job interview is preparation. That way, you reduce the probability of being taken unawares by questions you are asked during the interview. Some of us get so nervous at interviews (nothing wrong with this, you're human!) but this is made worse when you have not prepared. If you are the type that forgets things when nervous, start preparing early, do a mock interview and get a friend to ask you random interview questions. Also, there are so many free resources online to guide you through interviews so it is quite disheartening to meet candidates who come in for interviews and give single sentence answers, look distracted and just act lost. Most of us lose job opportunities at the first question 'introduce yourself or 'tell me about yourself'.
I was at an interview recently, introduced myself and my colleague. Told the candidate what we do and how the interview was going to run. I asked her to tell me about herself and her response was something like this "My name is Jane, 26 years old, from a family of 4" (Then she looked back at me and smiled and went silent). I asked her to tell me more about herself and she smiled again but this time wider and said 'I'm single'. She had not said anything relevant to being there for the interview and it was such a waste of my time. Looking at her CV and seeing how poorly prepared she was, I felt duped.
An interview is one more opportunity for you to sell yourself to a recruiter and the Introduce Yourself question is one of the most important questions during interviews. Don't be so confident that you have such good grades from university and that you do not have to say much to get a job. The questions you are asked during interviews are not just an attempt to create conversation; it's for you to convince the recruiter that you are the right fit for the job. Every single thing you say (or fail to say) has an effect of putting you closer or further away from that employment letter.
There are many free resources online and I have a few on my blog www.thekrine.com.
Click the following link for a better response to the About You interview question: http://www.thekrine.com/blog/job-interview-questions-tips-tell-me-about-yourself/

ii. Speak Appropriately
I had a candidate recently tell me she quit her last job after 1 week on the job. It was a business development role with Diamond Bank and in her words 'the job required me to do things I am against'. This statement just made no sense to me and I tried to push it further for clarification and her response was 'you know now' and I just lost interest immediately. Why and also how you left your last job is so important to recruiters because it shows your attitude to work, work ethics and much more.
When you go for an interview prepared, you'd have an idea of how to tackle these questions appropriately, in a professional manner. Don't blurt out words like you're at a club having a drink with friends. Speak smartly.
Also, make sure you have researched the company and have an idea on how your role fits in to the core objectives of that company. This is so important as it gives you an opportunity to align yourself and your role to the success of the company.

iii. Appearance & composure matters
I won't spend a lot of time/words on this one but if you are going for an interview, make sure you are dressed formally, very formally. Wear appropriate clothes (you can never go wrong with a suit) and appropriate shoes. For us ladies - the multicoloured nail trend does not quite cut it formally. It's actually distracting (in a bad way) seeing your five fingers with different shades of paint - mix of blue, green and pink nails up in the air.
Also, sit up during the interview, don't slouch your back or spin your chair around. Do not chew gum and also ensure you put your phone on silent during your interview.

3. GROW
Congratulations, you’ve applied for a job, aced the interview and accepted a job offer. How do you keep the job and most importantly grow your career?

I'd like to discuss this final part and all points mentioned above with users of this forum.

I'd round it up from 4:30PM tomorrow (Tuesday 31st December) with a live chat via www.twitter.com/thekrine (@thekrine) with harshtags #SmartCareer2014

Please join in and drop your questions and observations here. Don't stay in the dark someone on this forum could give you a tip that will land you a job in the new year. It's not magic.

Cheers
Re: Get Employed In 2014: 3 X 3 Tips by tunnex190: 3:40am On Dec 31, 2013
@mycvclinic, well done brother. You are really doing a great job here.
Re: Get Employed In 2014: 3 X 3 Tips by mycvclinic: 7:07am On Dec 31, 2013
Hello,

@funmi4, I've responded to your email.

For, those requesting for CV reviews, do mail your CV to info@thekrine.com BUT ensure you visit the following link to see what you need to do before sending in your CV: https://www.nairaland.com/801878/free-cv-review-students-jobseekers

Cheers

funmi4: Thanks for your time taken to help the public.

I will participate in the video chat today.

I sent you a mail with the subject "I need your guidance" I will be glad if you can please read my mail,I know you are sure very busy so I do appreciate your time taken to read through mail etc.

I want you to have an idea of what my challenges could be

Thanks

Re: Get Employed In 2014: 3 X 3 Tips by mycvclinic: 2:25pm On Dec 31, 2013
Hello,

I look forward to a chat with you all at 4:30PM via www.twitter.com/thekrine. To join the conversation (comments & questions), simply tag your tweets with #SmartCareer2014 and also @TheKrine

It's all about making smarter career moves in the coming year and we will be discussing our efforts in 2013 and additional means in 2014 of the following:
1. Smarter Job Search
2. Take Control and Ace the Interview
3. Grow

See you soon. Cheers
Re: Get Employed In 2014: 3 X 3 Tips by mycvclinic: 4:30pm On Dec 31, 2013
Hi,

Whip out your phones, laptops, tablets etc and get on twitter cos it's 4:30 and we've started the chat!

Remember to tweet @thekrine and tag your questions and comments #SmartCareer2014

Cheers
Re: Get Employed In 2014: 3 X 3 Tips by colonel20: 6:28pm On Dec 31, 2013
Tnx thekrine for your time in reviewing my CV few days back. I just saw this thread, heading over to Twitter. smiley
Happy New year in advance..
Re: Get Employed In 2014: 3 X 3 Tips by mycvclinic: 12:13pm On Jan 01, 2014
Hello,

Happy new year! Just to say a BIG thank you to all those that participated in the chat yesterday. If you were unable to join, do visit www.twitter.com/thekrine to read through the discuss.

We were only able to cover the first point - Smarter Job Search. On Thursday (2nd January) at 4:30PM I'll move on to Take Control and Ace The Interview.

My original plan was to go straight to the final point - GROW but it appears most of us have a challenge with the Smarter Job Search bit. Hence, GROW will be covered on Saturday the 4th at 4:30PM.

Wishing you a very prosperous 2014 and praying that you get your dream jobs very soon!

Cheers
Re: Get Employed In 2014: 3 X 3 Tips by Ghost01(m): 12:54pm On Jan 01, 2014
Came across this thread today, so I missed #SmartCareer2014 on twitter yesterday (I'll definitely read through though). Will join the discussion on saturday (Insha Krishna!) seeing as I'm currently one of the e-searchers. Will surely forward my CV for review too. Xie xie, TheKrine!
Re: Get Employed In 2014: 3 X 3 Tips by mycvclinic: 4:23pm On Jan 02, 2014
Hello,

As promised the second part of this chat starts in a few minutes - Take Control and Ace the Interview at 4:30pm via www.twitter.com/thekrine. To join the conversation (comments & questions), simply tag your tweets with #SmartCareer2014 or mention @TheKrine

Cheers
Re: Get Employed In 2014: 3 X 3 Tips by lummyguy: 6:31pm On Jan 02, 2014
So pained dat I missed out of d 4:30 experience. Just came across dis thread. Would like to ask sumtin however, wat shud 1 expect when during an interview one of the interviewer strikes a gesture of a NO 2 d other interviewer..while u supposed to be busy writing out something but unfortunately sighted d action
Re: Get Employed In 2014: 3 X 3 Tips by mycvclinic: 8:53pm On Jan 02, 2014
Hello lummyguy,

Whenever you're at an interview, it is important you remain calm and composed (if possible keep saying that to yourself while waiting to be called in and soon as you get into the door). Never come across as 'reacting' to anything during your interview. Read the body language of your interviewer but make sure your response to what you sense isn't obvious or a negative one. Most times it is possible to tell from your interviewers body language whether or not the interview is going well.

Personal experience - I was once at an interview and one of the panel members was busy on his BlackBerry. I DISLIKE it when someone I'm having a serious discussion with is distracted by their phone but on this occasion I didn't have to show that dislike. I kept on responding to questions and I also made sure my eye contact was shared across the room and also in his direction. A few times during the interview he will take his head off the phone and drop a phrase to contradict my response to questions. But I reminded myself that I was there for an interview and all I ought to do at an interview is respond as politely as possible (even if my opinion of him based on how he carried on was that he was a jerk).

Sometimes it could be part of their interview score sheet to assess your temperament and most interview score sheets have an entry for that. A few other times you could just be dealing with a mean recruiter.

Whatever the case, stay calm and composed. Given that you've prepared for this interview and really need the job, I understand it must be annoying to sense something that appears in the way of you landing the job but keep your nerves under your control.

While it's also important to advice you to be yourself, the key is to ensure you're calm & composed and not reacting in a negative, intimidated or badly tempered manner.

All the best

lummyguy: So pained dat I missed out of d 4:30 experience. Just came across dis thread. Would like to ask sumtin however, wat shud 1 expect when during an interview one of the interviewer strikes a gesture of a NO 2 d other interviewer..while u supposed to be busy writing out something but unfortunately sighted d action
Re: Get Employed In 2014: 3 X 3 Tips by mycvclinic: 10:22am On Jan 04, 2014
Hello,

As promised the final part of this chat - GROW is scheduled to take place today at 4:30pm via www.twitter.com/thekrine.

Please feel free to send in comments and questions before and during the chat.

To join the conversation (comments & questions), simply tag your tweets with #SmartCareer2014 or mention @TheKrine

You may also post your comments & questions on this thread and I'll respond.

Also, for the individuals from previous chats whom I promised to send additional email responses to their questions - I have not forgotten and you'll get a mail from me after today's chat is concluded.

If you have not been able to join the chat - no worries, I'll prepare a summary of it all and post here and on www.thekrine.com. You may also read through my handle on twitter @thekrine for a quick catchup.

Cheers
Re: Get Employed In 2014: 3 X 3 Tips by Ayoola171(m): 12:45pm On Jan 04, 2014
@mycvclinic, am sendin this to u in person as an experienced fellow and as many that has valuable advice 4me, i've done documentatn with ICSL and i was told during intaview with them dat i will be seconded to Mansard Assurance 60k base pay plus commitn, while am waitn for their invitatn; i got another job with GTI Microfinance Bank direct 40k base pay plus commisn as well and i've resume with GTI, but my questn is that; should i later switch to Mansard as contract staff when later call on me or i should continue with my career at Gti. Thanks
Re: Get Employed In 2014: 3 X 3 Tips by mycvclinic: 1:16pm On Jan 04, 2014
Hello Ayoola171,

That's quite a difficult decision to make. I want to assume both jobs are sales/marketing related because of the commission part of the pay.

2 things to consider here are salary and opportunity to grow.

Opportunity to grow: I'm not a fan of jobs tagged as 'contract role' because some companies put various forms of restrictions to your employment, especially possibility of growth and advancing within the organisation.
I'd advice you to make enquiries from existing or past contract staff of Mansard to understand the opportunities open to contract staff. You may also make enquiries from ICSL to find out if at all any limitations exist.

Salary: This is a sales/marketing role and you should not consider the basic salary only or the difference of N20k.
What is the nature of these 3 -> commission structure, sales target and nature of product/service you'd be required to sell? Don't be put off by the job offering N40k as the combination of those 3 items mentioned above could rank it higher in terms of salary.

Ayoola171: @mycvclinic, am sendin this to u in person as an experienced fellow and as many that has valuable advice 4me, i've done documentatn with ICSL and i was told during intaview with them dat i will be seconded to Mansard Assurance 60k base pay plus commitn, while am waitn for their invitatn; i got another job with GTI Microfinance Bank direct 40k base pay plus commisn as well and i've resume with GTI, but my questn is that; should i later switch to Mansard as contract staff when later call on me or i should continue with my career at Gti. Thanks

1 Like

Re: Get Employed In 2014: 3 X 3 Tips by detee2: 1:40pm On Jan 04, 2014
Mycvclinic, thanks so much for this humanitarian service and kind gesture. Its rare finding someone tight schedule still squeezing out time for others. Looks like have missed alot. But i believe i can go through all again. I would also forward my cv and copy of cover letter to you for review. Please help me do justice to them. Thanks in anticipation. God bless you big.
Re: Get Employed In 2014: 3 X 3 Tips by Ayoola171(m): 3:03pm On Jan 04, 2014
@mycvclinic, thanks 1million times for ur nice contributn, am so grateful.

(1) (Reply)

Mastercare Internation School Interview. / Stanbic Ibtc(aba Zone) Accepting CV / Plss I Need Help About Dis Number 014405109

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 112
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.