Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,007 members, 7,821,528 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:22 PM

Are Married Women Hardly Employed In Most Companies? - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Are Married Women Hardly Employed In Most Companies? (1593 Views)

Warri Youths Protests Because 80% Hausa People Got Employed In PTI / Get Employed In 2014: 3 X 3 Tips / Why Do Most Companies Prefer Contract To Full Staff? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Are Married Women Hardly Employed In Most Companies? by AngelJennifer: 4:46pm On Oct 28, 2014
I was having a gist with my course mates on the issue of getting married as a student and they discouraged me not to. According to them, most companies in Nigeria hardly employ married women because they believe they have losts of responsibilities. They said the best thing a lady can do is to graduate first, get a job before getting married, so as not to remain unemployed. How true is this?
Re: Are Married Women Hardly Employed In Most Companies? by Dyt(f): 5:27pm On Oct 28, 2014
Very true

They forget to see ur potentials and think of only ur present situation

I don't blame them tho cos somehow, they still affect us.
Re: Are Married Women Hardly Employed In Most Companies? by landg: 8:53pm On Oct 28, 2014
Not true... Theyll invite u for aptitude test if you meet d requirements.. If u pass d test u will b called for an interview.
What counts is how rugged u re. Will u end up tying wrapper n nursing or ull sit up after nursing to hussle like ur mates.. What counts is ur determination.
Remember u ve ur NYSC Yr to get pregnant n gv birth.. After which u can hussle like ur mates. I have friends who did this successfully.
Re: Are Married Women Hardly Employed In Most Companies? by Nobody: 9:14pm On Oct 28, 2014
Seriously , its usually a tough one for the female gender. it all depends on one's partner and one really on how to go about childbearing ... I mean timing and of all that .childbearing isnt an easy thing for the spouses as well as the company.
Re: Are Married Women Hardly Employed In Most Companies? by AngelJennifer: 9:56pm On Oct 28, 2014
landg:
Not true... Theyll invite u for aptitude test if you meet d requirements.. If u pass d test u will b called for an interview.
What counts is how rugged u re. Will u end up tying wrapper n nursing or ull sit up after nursing to hussle like ur mates.. What counts is ur determination.
Remember u ve ur NYSC Yr to get pregnant n gv birth.. After which u can hussle like ur mates. I have friends who did this successfully.

Thanks for the advice and encouragement.
Re: Are Married Women Hardly Employed In Most Companies? by AngelJennifer: 8:51am On Oct 31, 2014
Please i need more comments on this topic.
Re: Are Married Women Hardly Employed In Most Companies? by Nobody: 9:56am On Oct 31, 2014
I lost a job with ministry of foreign affairs 2 years ago because I was pregnant.They said I'll have to work there for some years before getting pregnant.I had to make a choice between my baby and the job.well,I chose my baby.I haven't had any of such opportunity but I thank God for his little mercies.
Re: Are Married Women Hardly Employed In Most Companies? by Nobody: 12:35pm On Oct 31, 2014
Augustbreak:
I lost a job with ministry of foreign affairs 2 years ago because I was pregnant.They said I'll have to work there for some years before getting pregnant.I had to make a choice between my baby and the job.well,I chose my baby.I haven't had any of such opportunity but I thank God for his little mercies.
if a government organisation could do it, how much more private firms??

op, The truth is it's easier getting a job as a single lady..who wants to hire a pregnant woman knowing the consequences? Most companies give specific periods after which maternity leave etc can be granted to an employee, mostly 2 years.... If you can have a good planning as regards when to give birth et al, then I think you can cope...

(1) (Reply)

Stanbic Ibtc Pensions Medical Results (2014) For Graduate Trainees / Seven Stars Farm Foods Limited Is Recruiting! / LAUTECH Ventures Limited Job Recruitment - (Over 32 Slots)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.