Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,844 members, 7,828,072 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 11:31 PM

She Doesnt Care! - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / She Doesnt Care! (1018 Views)

Hubby Doesnt Communicate / She Doesnt Want Proffessional Help? / If A Friend Owes You Money And Doesnt Want To Pay Up? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

She Doesnt Care! by vikeb(m): 11:03am On Dec 30, 2013
Am married,wife from a different tribe and stay @ a different location from my wife.My new born baby s a month old but just worried cos my doesn't care @ all. I am presently spendin d hols with her.I run errands for her nd assist on the chores but trully its becomin lik am still single.No form of care or concern from her.Even to my meals.All these started immediately she put to bed.D whole issue is getin me real worried and presently considerin returning to my station even tho I got some time b4 resumption.This I hav spoken to her about but not seein any change.Can someone pls advice?Really wld not want to hurt her but am real tired!
Re: She Doesnt Care! by apoti(m): 11:11am On Dec 30, 2013
OP you said all these started after your wife gave birth about a month ago, that means she wasn't like that before.

Your wife is probably trying to adapt to the pressures of taking care of the baby, sleepless nights, maybe sore nipples from breastfeeding and she might still be feeling pains as a result of the delivery.

What she needs from you is full support, care and encouragement. And the fact that you live in another city means you are not there for her all the time, so do what you can for her whilst you are around

2 Likes

Re: She Doesnt Care! by Femolacaster(m): 11:26am On Dec 30, 2013
apoti: OP you said all these started after your wife gave birth about a month ago, that means she wasn't like that before.

Your wife is probably trying to adapt to the pressures of taking care of the baby, sleepless nights, maybe sore nipples from breastfeeding and she might still be feeling pains as a result of the delivery.

What she needs from you is full support, care and encouragement. And the fact that you live in another city means you are not there for her all the time, so do what you can for her whilst you are around
Gbam!

2 Likes

Re: She Doesnt Care! by Nobody: 11:54am On Dec 30, 2013
This woman needs care more than you do now, i don't think you understand the trauma The body go through during delivery,its one Month and the woman hasn't quite recovered.Does she have help?if she doesn't and you still complain,then you are being selfish here.Caring for a newborn baby is tasking,she is probably exhausted due to sleep deprivation and other unpalatables associated with childbirth. Help this woman through her recovery ,she is going through stress and I don't understand why you can't acknowledge that.

3 Likes

Re: She Doesnt Care! by bellong: 12:22pm On Dec 30, 2013
Well, I hope she was certified medically fit before being discharged from the hospital. Does she show any traits of behaviour unlike her after childbirth? Does she react angrily at issues and you everytime since she gave birth?

I asked to know if she doesn't have postpartum depression. If she has, she needs help immediately and if she doesn't, she needs you now more than before.

Childbirth is not an easy task, it takes time for the body to readjust to normal. During the process of readjustment, it is usually stressful for women coupled with sleepless nights as well as the psychological effect of caring for the baby.

My brother, endure this period, it is a temporary phase that shall pass. Now is the time to truly show her that love you daily profess.

May God be with the baby.
Re: She Doesnt Care! by greatgod2012(f): 3:06pm On Dec 30, 2013
Did I read that the beby is just a month old and the husband has started complaining that he's not well taken care of?

Haba! Eyin baba wa, diedie o.

I just hope this pregnancy and delivery processes are in shifts, maybe then, the daddies will know whatssup!

4 Likes

Re: She Doesnt Care! by vikeb(m): 4:06pm On Dec 30, 2013
I must confess,I trully appreciate every counsell.No man finds this change easy so it shld not be seen as strange seeking advice nd off course its my first experience.I shall continually be of help God helping.Thanks and thanks...
Re: She Doesnt Care! by Nobody: 9:31pm On Dec 30, 2013
Welcome to the club, Bro

You have graduated from secondary school, passed jamb. Done your matriculation.

Meanwhile you have to pass your GS 101.

Man, get yourself together. Give your wife a benefit of doubt. Its a test of your character and endurance. Don't give up man. Bear with her. Give her time to recover. Take your mind of pleasure for a moment. Its just for a moment. You will look back someday and smile. Well done Bro!!!

(1) (Reply)

If You're Doing This You're Not Ready For Marriage / Constructive Counsel / Ten Moral Dilemnas

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.