Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,803 members, 7,820,812 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:15 PM

How Can I Install SMF Script Locally On My Windows PC? - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / How Can I Install SMF Script Locally On My Windows PC? (1189 Views)

Get Nairaland Smf Script/design No Scam / How Can I Embed Google Ads In My Smf Forum / Wordpress Blog With Smf Forum Integrated (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Can I Install SMF Script Locally On My Windows PC? by realugee: 11:36am On Dec 30, 2013
Hello Nairaland Webmasters,

I really don't know how possible this is, but I think there is a way Scripts can be installed locally, for example you can work on it and do all your editing, before hosting it and making it live.

Please I want to know if it's possible and if it is, how can I do it. THANKS IN ADVANCE
Re: How Can I Install SMF Script Locally On My Windows PC? by Afam4eva(m): 11:48am On Dec 30, 2013
Go to http://download.simplemachines.org and download the latest smf script and unzip it in the root folder of your webserver and then type in the name of the directory in your browser and follow the steps.
Re: How Can I Install SMF Script Locally On My Windows PC? by realugee: 12:19pm On Dec 30, 2013
Afam4eva: Go to http://download.simplemachines.org and download the latest smf script and unzip it in the root folder of your webserver and then type in the name of the directory in your browser and follow the steps.
Which web server, or you mean I should just unzip it on my laptop?
Re: How Can I Install SMF Script Locally On My Windows PC? by Afam4eva(m): 1:04pm On Dec 30, 2013
real_ugee: Which web server, or you mean I should just unzip it on my laptop?
Download wither WAMP or XAMP server and install any of them. After you're done installing, you'll unzip the smf in a folder in the www folder in WAMP. That's where all your web files should be.
Re: How Can I Install SMF Script Locally On My Windows PC? by sunday478(m): 1:04pm On Dec 30, 2013
real_ugee: Which web server, or you mean I should just unzip it on my laptop?
wamp, ampp, xAmpp, may be that's what he meant
Re: How Can I Install SMF Script Locally On My Windows PC? by realugee: 1:17pm On Dec 30, 2013
Sorry please, Is the WAMP server free to download, where can I get it and how about d database part, does the server also store database files.

Sorry for any wrong terms used. I'm new to this. Thanks again
Re: How Can I Install SMF Script Locally On My Windows PC? by Afam4eva(m): 1:46pm On Dec 30, 2013
real_ugee: Sorry please, Is the WAMP server free to download, where can I get it and how about d database part, does the server also store database files.

Sorry for any wrong terms used. I'm new to this. Thanks again
Yes, it's free. go to www.wampserver.com/en

It also comes with phpmyadmin(database)
Re: How Can I Install SMF Script Locally On My Windows PC? by realugee: 2:02pm On Dec 30, 2013
Afam4eva:
Yes, it's free. go to www.wampserver.com/en

It also comes with phpmyadmin(database)
Thanks a lot for your response. I really appreciate it.

(1) (Reply)

Get An Affordable Pro Website / . / Free Daily Both Team To Score Tips 24th Jan 2018

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.